94 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

But isn't coming down on people like a ton of bricks the only arrow in my quiver? ;)

What's that saying, "When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail..." :p

• Like 1

But isn't coming down on people like a ton of bricks the only arrow in my quiver? ;)

Meh. I've had worse attacks from angry 12 year olds in detention classes :keeporder:

I'm not offended. All's fair in love and war in the world of forums. You give it, you take. As long as there is a point behind it.

• Like 1

Meh. I've had worse attacks from angry 12 year olds in detention classes :keeporder:

I'm not offended. All's fair in love and war in the world of forums. You give it, you take. As long as there is a point behind it.

Oh, it wasn't me and you, TWD. Me and the Batman.

Because truly, I was getting so sick of some of the patronizing on the forum I was going to go hard on someone. He just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time saying the wrong thing.

Just watched it yesterday.

Was it now cute or really sad that he had this ring with him all the time? So the proposal could have been better in so many ways, they know each other so well and for a very long time now, Penny could have been so much more romantic, it wouldn't be really her, but if everything will be good, you only marry once in your life, so it could have been a such much better proposal.

I liked this episode a lot. The interaction between Sheldon and Raj was really cool. I loved Sheldon's honesty, when he wanted to get Raj out of the apartment to go to bed. :) I am looking forward to see Raj with Emily more often.

Been holding my breath for Leonard and Penny since episode 1. Now, a big sigh! Then, I begin to wonder if Kaley is pregnant in real life and that is what is up with the plot? I guess it's just hard to accept that the writers aren't just messing with us again, lol.

Been holding my breath for Leonard and Penny since episode 1. Now, a big sigh! Then, I begin to wonder if Kaley is pregnant in real life and that is what is up with the plot? I guess it's just hard to accept that the writers aren't just messing with us again, lol.

Yah, that would be something if Penny is 4 months pregnant in s8e1..

Watched this last night, and it was the episode I'd been hoping for. This was the episode where the wool was lifted from Penny's eyes, where she realised the land of milk and honey can taste rather sour.

The proposal felt realistic, Kaley and Johnny did an excellent job with it.

Looking forward to the return of Serial Apeist. Yes, it will go into post production because Penny's scenes where her face was shot were complete and movies film out of sequence, for example, sounds like the bisexual, go-go dancing scenes were filmed first, which is always the way (for numerous reasons). ;)

Of course the Director (another English bad-guy, well whatdya know) was played for laughs and the film set and situation was unrealistic, but I suppose the message, that you do what you're directed to without deviating or arguing was there (there's a clue in the name after all) so she's learned a valuable lesson!

I'm glad Lenny are engaged, and as for her acting career, surely the only way is up.

• Like 4

I would bet good money that in Season 8,  Penny's movie will become a sleeper hit (even though she still finds it embarrassing), the money roles in and she has to actually deal with success.    And Leonard has to deal with being the "junior partner" in their pairing again.

Then of course,  Penny has to deal with typecasting as she gets more offers for similar embarrassing roles.

Looking forward to seeing more of Will Wheaton as well.

• Like 1

I would actually love this.  It has so much plot possibilities and comedic potential.  All Hail Penny the B movie Queen *lol*  If it does happen, I hope she scoffs at it at first but eventually embraces it.  I love a good B-movie :)

• Like 1

Would Penny have proposed if her movie were a big/minor hit.... I hardly think so... her "epiphany" about her needing only Leonard to be happy and nothing else was hardly believable.... given how most of the season she spent saying and doing things which were exactly the opposite....

I don't see any difference the proposal in this episode and the one earlier this season when she was drunk....

Leonard clearly is her bran buffin... lol

I don't see any difference the proposal in this episode and the one earlier this season when she was drunk....

For starters, this time she wasn't drunk. And they both said yes.

• Like 1

For starters, this time she wasn't drunk. And they both said yes.

I was going for the reasons related to Penny's career......

Much different this time. She wasn't feeling sorry for herself--she wants to make smarter decisions about her life. Again, her life not her career. She now has a fiancé (soon to be a husband and life partner) who has provided loads of evidence that he fully supports her. He will be there for her up and down; good and bad-both in life and in her career. A true team effort!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 4

I see ones private life and ones work life as being eminently separable. No need at all to not be happy in one and still be striving in the other. She was depriving herself - martyring if you like - for no good reason. She will be more resilient with a good partner. And they will both live longer, though that benefit falls mostly to the men.

• Like 3

Much different this time. She wasn't feeling sorry for herself--she wants to make smarter decisions about her life. Again, her life not her career. She now has a fiancé (soon to be a husband and life partner) who has provided loads of evidence that he fully supports her. He will be there for her up and down; good and bad-both in life and in her career. A true team effort!

Penny's character went from being passionate about Leonard and her friends

to someone whose life was falling apart from because her career was going nowhere and she was stuck....(all this time Leonard was her boyfriend too)

and again to someone whose happiness apparently depends on  Leonard

Mainly if marriage with Leonard is her solution to her career taking a hit and her being jobless... that solution seems more like a financial solution to me....

just the fact that the writers had to include the discussion about Leonard being Penny's bran muffin ... for me showed that Leonard indeed is a bran muffin....

for me it would have been better if the viewers never even got that thought/idea when Penny proposed.... but they had to include those lines regarding her not settling  for Leonard because it was clearly looking like that from the proposal we got to see...

I see ones private life and ones work life as being eminently separable. No need at all to not be happy in one and still be striving in the other. She was depriving herself - martyring if you like - for no good reason. She will be more resilient with a good partner. And they will both live longer, though that benefit falls mostly to the men.

I don't have a thesaurus :p

Edited by vasu

to someone whose life was falling apart from because her career was going nowhere and she was stuck....(all this time Leonard was her boyfriend too)

and again to someone whose happiness apparently depends on  Leonard

So you're saying there's no difference between a drunk proposal from someone who has to be reminded of the positives in their lives and one where the person is able to articulate the reasons they would happily spend the rest of their life with the other person as making smarter decisions? :p

Not to mention she saw her life falling apart for the drunk proposal, but wants to start making smarter decisions. Two totally different circumstances. You're also conviently ignoring that there was the same reaction from Leonard, until she was able to explain the difference. But, you're entitled to see it as you want to, even if it contradicts other evidence. :p

• Like 3

I disagree. She has passion for Leonard which passion is returned; and yes for her friends. She is also passionate about her career. The preparation she put into Serial Apeist 2 was evident. Wanting to reshoot the scene to get it better? She is passionate about acting. Nowhere does she say that she is giving up on that career. I bet we see more of the goings on with Serial Apeist 2 in Season 7.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 2

I added this to my previous post:

if marriage with Leonard is her solution to her career taking a hit and her being jobless... that solution seems more like a financial solution to me....

just the fact that the writers had to include the discussion about Leonard being Penny's bran muffin ... for me showed that Leonard indeed is a bran muffin....

for me it would have been better if the viewers never even got that thought/idea when Penny proposed.... but they had to include those lines regarding her not settling  for Leonard because it was clearly looking like that from the proposal we got to see...

I added this to my previous post:

if marriage with Leonard is her solution to her career taking a hit and her being jobless... that solution seems more like a financial solution to me....

But it's not. Being married to Leonard will make her happy in her personal life, whether her career is successful or not. Therefore she is not settling.

• Like 3

So, you're accepting the idea from her drunken proposal, but refusing to accept her statement that she isn't settling. Excellent cherry-picking of data. And way to ignore that drunk, she proposed and the next day sober, she refuted the proposal. This time sober, she proposed. But I understand since that doesn't fit with your thesis, you wouldn't want to bring that up.

• Like 3

So, you're accepting the idea from her drunken proposal, but refusing to accept her statement that she isn't settling. Excellent cherry-picking of data. And way to ignore that drunk, she proposed and the next day sober, she refuted the proposal. This time sober, she proposed. But I understand since that doesn't fit with your thesis, you wouldn't want to bring that up.

I was talking about the idea in this episode.... they had to include the not settling part otherwise it would have been too obvious...

and actions speak louder than words...

she hardly tried to defend Leonard when the director said "she was too hot for her"... infact she kind of agreed with the director...

Edited by vasu

@vasu. Ouch. Or youch, ow or yow. LOL.

anyway, both you and Lio agree I think. But I think you are conflating (combining two or more sets of information) two issues that I see are not necessarily connected.

But sure, I will disagree/dissent/differ on this point.

:)

I was talking about the idea in this episode.... they had to include the not settling part otherwise it would have been too obvious…

Wait, if that's the case, then why is the following in your post?

and again to someone whose happiness apparently depends on Leonard

Much of that isn't in this episode, is it? I guess you only want us to pay attention to it, if it supports you, right?

and actions speak louder than words...

What specific actions? The one where she explains why she's not settling? Yeah, that does

Wait, if that's the case, then why is the following in your post?

Much of that isn't in this episode, is it? I guess you only want us to pay attention to it, if it supports you, right?

What specific actions? The one where she explains why she's not settling? Yeah, that does

You commented on a part of my post.... and in that part I was talking about the idea in this episode...

And I am posting it again.... The fact that they had to include the not settling part in this episode itself was a low point .... cause I think the idea that Penny is settling for Leonard should not have arised when audience see the proposal scene in this episode....

Specific Action : Proposing when your career takes a big hit.