Season 8 Theories

This post contains spoilers through the last episode of Season 7

So I have three ideas for the season 8 premier.
The first is more likely then the second. The first theory is. Sheldon returns 1 to 3 month trip around America by train, his hair will be slightly longer, his clothing slightly more mature (rather then brilliantly coloured t's and long sleeve under shirts, he'll wear his darker coloured super hero t's no undershirt, blue and black jeans. Him and Amy have a heart to heart where he apologize, and they remain in their relasionship. He then talks to Penny and Leonard, and says he'll move to 4b, as a "Wedding gift" Penny hugs Sheldon and Leonard thanks.

As a sign of friendship Leonard offers Sheldon the leather couch and Sheldon say "No" and then after a moment he say "Let's garbage it, this change. No more spot" we then cut to some place out of the city. Sheldon and Leonard are sitting on their couch, Sheldon in his spot "congratulation Leonard" Sheldon says.

"Thanks Sheldon" Leonard replies

"To the good times we shared on this couch" Leonard raises a beer, and Sheldon raises a seven up (or was it sprite that he loves)

"To my spot" they get up.

"I know I didn't say it enough Sheldon. But thank you for being my roommate"

"You're welcome, thanks to you as well" The two walk away from their old leather couch, a slightly muted version of the BBT theme plays, as the couch has a montage starting from the pilot episode, where Sheldon describes his spot to Penny. To the last time in s8 Sheldon sat in his spot.

The second idea is
Sheldon comes back and. Penny explains that She and. Leonard and her are going to live in 4a with Sheldon, and things go back to normal.

And the third and probaly least likely is Sheldon returns. He has returned to his more matured vintage Sheldon (for lack of a better term). He gets picked up from the train station by Penny Leonard and Amy. Amy instantly rushes and Sheldon and they share a kiss, the same nearly emotionless clenched jaw kiss they always share (Jim is a good enough actor that his sexual preference wouldn't dictate how he shares a on screen kiss. So clearly The clench jaw kiss was made that way for a reason)

They go back to 4a Sheldon is shocked when he returns and the appartment is the same as when he left. Leonard explains. he and Penny haven't decided on their living arrangement (and it's I lied they have yet to make a solid plan for their wedding to). Later that evening Sheldon sneaks across the hall gives a quick quite "Knock knock knock Penny"

She let's Sheldon come in and they go through their classic "Penny you're kind of dumb" and "Sheldon you're an ass" banter. Before things switch to a much more serious tone. Sheldon explains that while he missed Amy. He missed all his friends just as much, and asked if that is normal.

Penny explains that, it's not normal to miss your significant other as much as your friends. And that if he really did care about Amy in a romantic sense, he would've been insanely happy to see her once again. She continues going on, but as she monologues slows down. And her monologue shifts more obviously to her relationship with Leonard. Ending with "If you don't truly love HIM, then you have to let HIM go because HE deserves to find true love not whatever we have"

Sheldon is sitting perefecly still his eyebrow was high on his forehead "Penny I'm not sure we're still talking about Amy and myself"

Her eye shifts towards her ring finger, then to Sheldon sitting still "We have to break up with them" She cries "Because they deserve better" and them it ends

Edited by Tensor

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are my predictions!   I think again the first episode Sheldon will not be back. I think we may see some odd interactions with people/places that he has gone. We find out where he has gone and t

I would like a two-part episode, similar to how they did it this year.   First episode, shows the hell Sheldon endured throughout his 'journey', however it long it may be.   Second episode, he com

I agree with this.  I think bringing it up in the finale was the final time.  Amy realizes now that she needs to back off and not ask anymore.  I'm sure she knows that if and when he's ready, he'll co

This post contains spoilers through the last episode of Season 7

So I have three ideas for the season 8 premier.

The first is more likely then the second. The first theory is. Sheldon returns 1 to 3 month trip around America by train, his hair will be slightly longer, his clothing slightly more mature (rather then brilliantly coloured t's and long sleeve under shirts, he'll wear his darker coloured super hero t's no undershirt, blue and black jeans. Him and Amy have a heart to heart where he apologize, and they remain in their relasionship. He then talks to Penny and Leonard, and says he'll move to 4b, as a "Wedding gift" Penny hugs Sheldon and Leonard thanks.

As a sign of friendship Leonard offers Sheldon the leather couch and Sheldon say "No" and then after a moment he say "Let's garbage it, this change. No more spot" we then cut to some place out of the city. Sheldon and Leonard are sitting on their couch, Sheldon in his spot "congratulation Leonard" Sheldon says.

"Thanks Sheldon" Leonard replies

"To the good times we shared on this couch" Leonard raises a beer, and Sheldon raises a seven up (or was it sprite that he loves)

"To my spot" they get up.

"I know I didn't say it enough Sheldon. But thank you for being my roommate"

"You're welcome, thanks to you as well" The two walk away from their old leather couch, a slightly muted version of the BBT theme plays, as the couch has a montage starting from the pilot episode, where Sheldon describes his spot to Penny. To the last time in s8 Sheldon sat in his spot.

The second idea is

Sheldon comes back and. Penny explains that She and. Leonard and her are going to live in 4a with Sheldon, and things go back to normal.

And the third and probaly least likely is Sheldon returns. He has returned to his more matured vintage Sheldon (for lack of a better term). He gets picked up from the train station by Penny Leonard and Amy. Amy instantly rushes and Sheldon and they share a kiss, the same nearly emotionless clenched jaw kiss they always share (Jim is a good enough actor that his sexual preference wouldn't dictate how he shares a on screen kiss. So clearly The clench jaw kiss was made that way for a reason)

They go back to 4a Sheldon is shocked when he returns and the appartment is the same as when he left. Leonard explains. he and Penny haven't decided on their living arrangement (and it's I lied they have yet to make a solid plan for their wedding to). Later that evening Sheldon sneaks across the hall gives a quick quite "Knock knock knock Penny"

She let's Sheldon come in and they go through their classic "Penny you're kind of dumb" and "Sheldon you're an ass" banter. Before things switch to a much more serious tone. Sheldon explains that while he missed Amy. He missed all his friends just as much, and asked if that is normal.

Penny explains that, it's not normal to miss your significant other as much as your friends. And that if he really did care about Amy in a romantic sense, he would've been insanely happy to see her once again. She continues going on, but as she monologues slows down. And her monologue shifts more obviously to her relationship with Leonard. Ending with "If you don't truly love HIM, then you have to let HIM go because HE deserves to find true love not whatever we have"

Sheldon is sitting perefecly still his eyebrow was high on his forehead "Penny I'm not sure we're still talking about Amy and myself"

Her eye shifts towards her ring finger, then to Sheldon sitting still "We have to break up with them" She cries "Because they deserve better" and them it ends

I really like your first theory. The other two not so much. But like you said I can't really see that third theory happening but I really hope something similar to the first theory does :)

First, I think the wedding will be at the end of season 8 (as for Howard and Bernie) ^^ Ya know, the positive touch  :girlsigh:

I hope the first episode will be "four months later" as for us ... maybe with flashbacks. I'm always OK with flashback. They're great :)

I can picture an exchange of text messages between Amy and Sheldon, in the middle of night, few weeks after he left

"Amy, I'm sorry, I hope you will be able to forgive me ..."

"I can't. I don't know if I could. I'm sorry too."

"Do you want to end our relationship?"

"Do you want to, Sheldon?"

"I asked first ..." "OK, no, I don't want to"

"Me neither. But I don't know where we're going from here" "Are you coming back soon?"

"I don't know"

"OK, good night Sheldon"

"Wait, there is something I know"

"What is it?"

"I miss you"

Edited by Chrystalie
  • Like 7

First, I think the wedding will be at the end of season 8 (as for Howard and Bernie) ^^ Ya know, the positive touch :girlsigh:

I hope the first episode will be "four months later" as for us ... maybe with flashbacks. I'm always OK with flashback. They're great :)

I can picture an exchange of text messages between Amy and Sheldon, in the middle of night, few weeks after he left

"Me neither. But I don't know where we're going from here" "Are you coming back soon?"

"I don't know"

"OK, good night Sheldon"

"What is it?"

"I miss you"

I really want the conversation to happen, but over video chat. The gang is eating dinner in 4A and he calls to talk to everyone, then at one point he tells Amy to take him to his room (as in she goes to his room with the ipad he is talking on) and this conversation starts.
  • Like 3

I really want the conversation to happen, but over video chat. The gang is eating dinner in 4A and he calls to talk to everyone, then at one point he tells Amy to take him to his room (as in she goes to his room with the ipad he is talking on) and this conversation starts.

Yes, I didn't thought about a video chat, less OOC  :girlsigh:

• Like 1

I can picture an exchange of text messages between Amy and Sheldon, in the middle of night, few weeks after he left

"I don't know"

"OK, good night Sheldon"

"What is it?"

"I miss you"

I really like the chat scenario, and I agree IF something like that were to happen, it would probably be via Skype or something.  What I can see happening (or what I'd LIKE to see anyway) is Sheldon returns and is surprised to see his apartment looking the same, but then he realizes that some things are missing.  Leonard has moved in with Penny, and they decided to let Sheldon keep the apartment since he was going through so much change already.  But things don't feel quite the same for him being there alone.  After dropping his stuff off, he immediately goes to see Amy.  Amy is excited to see him, and they share a rather heated kiss (it can still be closed mouthed, but passionate).  Then Sheldon and Amy BOTH tell each other how much they've missed one another.  And at that point, Amy tells him that things need to change, and Sheldon informs her that he knows and he's come to some epiphanies while he's been gone, etc.  And then they talk.  We may not get to hear the conversation, but at the end of it, they have a mutual understanding and they've grown to a closer place again.  This is probably all my wishful thinking, but it's what I keep envisioning in my head.

• Like 8

Here are my ideas for season 8.  The university is thrilled that Sheldon is gone because they can now put him on vacation leave so they will not need to force him to take vacation this year.  Sheldon gets new ideas for how to pursue string theory while riding the trains so he comes back with a renewed mind and focus.

Meanwhile everything falls apart with everyone else.  Penny gets an acting job in a Sci Fi television show with Will Wheaton.  She breaks up with Leonard because she realizes that the proposal was simply made at the lowest point in her life and she does not want to become simply a wife. Will Wheaton and Penny start dating since they find out that they have compatible personalities.

Howard gets very jealous of Stuart's increasing friendship with his mother and obsesses about it so much that he and Bernie get separated and Howard moves in with Leonard.  

Raj loses Emily as a girlfriend because he cannot adjust to watching horror movies all the time but they remain friends.

The show gets a chance to reboot with all these changes.

• Like 1

I really like the chat scenario, and I agree IF something like that were to happen, it would probably be via Skype or something. What I can see happening (or what I'd LIKE to see anyway) is Sheldon returns and is surprised to see his apartment looking the same, but then he realizes that some things are missing. Leonard has moved in with Penny, and they decided to let Sheldon keep the apartment since he was going through so much change already. But things don't feel quite the same for him being there alone. After dropping his stuff off, he immediately goes to see Amy. Amy is excited to see him, and they share a rather heated kiss (it can still be closed mouthed, but passionate). Then Sheldon and Amy BOTH tell each other how much they've missed one another. And at that point, Amy tells him that things need to change, and Sheldon informs her that he knows and he's come to some epiphanies while he's been gone, etc. And then they talk. We may not get to hear the conversation, but at the end of it, they have a mutual understanding and they've grown to a closer place again. This is probably all my wishful thinking, but it's what I keep envisioning in my head.

and they move in together.
  • Like 1

I would love for them to move in together, Blue Bernie!  Although I think that it should take at least a few episodes to get to that point.  Mid-season at least, because I don't think that even after his time away and all the things that have been revealed this season, that Sheldon would be ready to immediately jump into living with her.  But I definitely think it's a possibility now.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 3

I think for the sake of Sheldon's sanity they will postpone the moving decisions until the wedding. I also think the summer trip will give him the confidence he needs to try to live alone for a while. Then that could coincide with getting physical with Amy and they'd ease into the transition of living together by having more and more frequent "sleepovers".

Or something :p

Enviado desde mi ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6040A mediante Tapatalk

• Like 2

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm less convinced that Sheldon will be open to the idea of living with Amy due to his background.
Even though he has come to question the values his mother instilled in him through his childhood, I don't think he's at a point to completely throw it all away to 'live in sin' with his girlfriend, whether they are in separate rooms or not.
I realise that it may be a bit far fetched to assume all this, considering he didn't bring it up in 'Spoiler Alert' as a reason for them not to live together, but I think it's still valid nonetheless :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 2

Penny lands an acting gig on a little-rated SF show. It's a small part, but she's good in it. The show takes off and she becomes its breakout character, playing someone very like one Sheldon Cooper. She's invited to all the conventions that her fiance has to manically hit 'Refresh' to enter. Leonard is threatened- not by her sexuality this time, but by her success. They postpone the moving-in conversation until Sheldon acclimates (oy), by which time she is so successful and travels so much that the moving-in conversation has to be postponed again. The season ends with a maybe-pregnancy, just as she's been offered a movie role in, I don't know, a Spielberg/Ridley Scott film. Either that, or this huge Oscarbait period drama, playing someone-ahem- very like one Sheldon Cooper.

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 1

My husband and I came up with a theory tonight about Raj and Emily.  I was telling him how I mentioned the other day (jokingly) in chat that Emily just might end up being a serial killer with her comment about liking to cut people with knives, and then telling Raj that horror movies turn her on.  Then we started thinking that maybe it'll end up where poor Raj FINALLY has a girlfriend, and then he'll want to break up with her, but he can't because she's too scary and crazy.  It could have humorous potential, although I don't want to see that happen to Raj.  I do like Emily and think they're cute together, but I could kind of see that happening.

• Like 5

Im sorry this screams of someone who is hiding behind theories for S8, but really is a Shenny shipper or dislikes Leonard and Amy. Leonard and Penny are endgame, people need to accept that, its been proven so many times Penny truly loves Leonard, so any scenario where Sheldon and Penny isolated again, is just that a scenario, leave that for fan fiction. Wheton and Penny? Lol are you serious, the guy is so not her type, it doesent matter Penny choose Leonard that's it.

• Like 2

Here are my predictions!

I think again the first episode Sheldon will not be back. I think we may see some odd interactions with people/places that he has gone. We find out where he has gone and that he has been keeping up with his friends along the way. I think Some of the wedding details will have been figured out. Amy has been getting closer with the girls, maybe even Emily

The second episode Sheldon will return. I agree with Secureij that Sheldon will have a more "mature" wardrobe (and a new one from now on) as I think the whole reason of him leaving without any clothes and him buying clothes on the road was to introduce a more mature clothing style. Since the other characters are getting one as well.

I think Amy and Sheldon's reunion will be similar to Leonard's return after the Arctic, but maybe will end with Amy pushing him saying he's moving to fast and she has to figure things out now that he has left for so long and is back. Sheldon will have to do a little chasing of Amy this season. Sheldon will live alone for awhile when Leonard moves out. Mid season Amy moves in. Season 8 will end with coitus

Sheldon will switch out of String theory, found a new grant, introduced to new field and maybe work with Amy now

Lenny will move in together and struggle with the changes. Penny is too messy for him and he is used to living with Sheldon where all the rules were set and everything is in place. Leonard says "Sheldon did this and had it this way", which pisses Penny off. This causing Leonard to want to push the wedding back and have a long engagement to learn more adjusting to living with Penny...moving the wedding into Season 9

Howardette continues to take care of Howard's mom. Howardette is discussing the idea of starting a family. They are having trouble conceiving. Decided that its best just the two of them. After they stop trying, Bernie accidentally gets pregnant end of season 8/early season 9, Pregnant for season 9, babies season 10?

Raj will continue to date around. He will apply for US Citizenship, is having trouble with application or his parents are upset.

I love all of this except the Howardette part about babies. I really don't want babies on the show til the almost series end. But hell yes to everything else! A new wardrobe for Sheldon would be a great signal of new maturity. I'm actually going to look for that as a clue when season 8 starts ;) Edited by CaffeineBuzz
  • Like 3

Here are my ideas for season 8.  The university is thrilled that Sheldon is gone because they can now put him on vacation leave so they will not need to force him to take vacation this year.  Sheldon gets new ideas for how to pursue string theory while riding the trains so he comes back with a renewed mind and focus.

Meanwhile everything falls apart with everyone else.  Penny gets an acting job in a Sci Fi television show with Will Wheaton.  She breaks up with Leonard because she realizes that the proposal was simply made at the lowest point in her life and she does not want to become simply a wife. Will Wheaton and Penny start dating since they find out that they have compatible personalities.

Howard gets very jealous of Stuart's increasing friendship with his mother and obsesses about it so much that he and Bernie get separated and Howard moves in with Leonard.  

Raj loses Emily as a girlfriend because he cannot adjust to watching horror movies all the time but they remain friends.

The show gets a chance to reboot with all these changes.

omg!! this is cruel

• Like 2