Season 8 Theories

sECUREij

I think it means when Leonard just wanted to be with Penny and wasn't interested in how upset Sheldon was until Penny encouraged him to go get Sheldon back from Texas

I hope so.  I was just distracted by sECUREij's thread opening post that had the 3rd theory involving Penny and Sheldon.

Edited by Itwasdestined

@sECUREIJ, Please go and annoy someone else. I am not going to be drawn into this battle of who's a jerk and what ever. I have said my piece in earlier posts and I am done with this broken record so go post your rubbish somewhere else. oh, I know. The shenny thread,they will totally agree with you on your opinions of leonard..

Edited by Tonstar17

@sec etc, I just wanted to comment on the difference between supporting, investing and enabling. Leonard is supporting Penny in her venture. They are investing his capital and her labour in her enterprise with the objective to position Penny as a viable candidate for an acting role and keep her there until the opportunity arises for her to generate income.It's a bit speculative but its not totally stupid. We know Penny is of the type to get booked, because each episode demonstrates to us that someone very much like Penny can get good work if they have the right opportunity. She has a chance.

I'd have thought enabling is like when you drive someone to their drug dealer, when they are too stoned to drive themselves.

My theory is that after actually being a lead in a movie, things for Penny will slowly gather momentum. A proverbial j-curve. I think she will book another gig or two this year.

Edits for typos

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1

@sECUREIJ, Please go and annoy someone else. I am not going to be drawn into this battle of who's a jerk and what ever. I have said my piece in earlier posts and I am done with this broken record so go post your rubbish somewhere else. oh, I know. The shenny thread,they will totally agree with you on your opinions of leonard..

sECUREIj is free to post their ideas here or anywhere else, subject to the rules(for instance, these posts not be appropriate in the Leonard and Penny thread, as that is a ship zone).

A general reminder(this is not specific to you Tonstar) anyone is free to post or to disagree with the ideas, that are posted. Just be sure you attack the ideas, not the poster.

Here is a link to

sECUREIj is free to post their ideas here or anywhere else, subject to the rules(for instance, his posts not be appropriate in the Leonard and Penny thread, as that is a ship zone).

A general reminder(this is not specific to you Tonstar) anyone is free to post or to disagree with the ideas, that are posted. Just be sure you attack the ideas, not the poster.

Here is a link to

Ok Tensor. Point taken, thanks for reminding me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ok Tensor. Point taken, thanks for reminding me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Do what I did: put sECUREIj on your ignore list. Just because someone is allowed to post their, ah, interesting theories, there's nothing that says you're required to read them. As I've said many times, I'm here to enjoy myself, and I'm not required to put up with people or things that ruin my enjoyment.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread already in progress. :)

• Like 3

3. Penny says it. BUT Leonard Agreed with it, they were going through things they did. And EVERYTHING came down to SEX for Leonard plain and simple.

Always love the accusation that all Leonard wants is sex with Penny. The writers have gone to great lengths to refute this.

- Leonard made the comment in the pilot "our babies will be smart and beautiful". Sounds like a man who wanted more than sex from this woman.

- Penny did not have sex with Leonard until season 3. Yet, Penny considered Leonard her close friend. Sounds like Penny did not get the memo that Leonard wanted only sex from her. Either that or he is incredibly patient.

- The men that we have seen Penny with have had sex with her and not one has stayed around to want to marry her officially. That's one of the defining marks of the character, no one considers her special except as a sex toy.  She has called her self, such things as "a loser" and "toothless Oakie" next to the other women in Leonard's life. As Raj said, she has but one arrow in her quiver. The only one who thinks she is special is Leonard.

- Leonard had sex with her, we presume, dozens of times in season 3. And he told her he loved her, which she found shocking. If Leonard only wanted her for sex, his attitude should have been, been there, done that. Why was he different then the other men before?

- If Leonard was only after sex, he got plenty of it from other women before and after his sexual relationship with Penny. Leslie, Stephanie, Dr. Plimpton, Joy, Priya and four unnamed women from "The Love Car Displacement". It can be argued that Leonard was having a better run without Penny and in several cases was going up the social/economic ladder. Yet Leonard would drop any of them in a minute for Penny.

- When Leonard said on the platonic date that he did everything for her to get sex, what would have been her response if he had said, "because I love you". She would have freaked out again.

- After they agreed to start their relationship for the third (and most likely final) time, Penny did not have sex with him for four months in season 5 and for an undetermined amount of time after the proposal during sex fiasco. All in all, L/P have spent MORE time not having sex than periods of sexual activity.

The writers have hammered away with these points for seasons now. The relationship is NOT about sex but about mutual love.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 5

Always love the accusation that all Leonard wants is sex with Penny. The writers have gone to great lengths to refute this.

- Leonard made the comment in the pilot "our babies will be smart and beautiful". Sounds like a man who wanted more than sex from this woman.

- Penny did not have sex with Leonard until season 3. Yet, Penny considered Leonard her close friend. Sounds like Penny did not get the memo that Leonard wanted only sex from her. Either that or he is incredibly patient.

- The men that we have seen Penny with have had sex with her and not one has stayed around to want to marry her officially. That's one of the defining marks of the character, no one considers her special except as a sex toy.  She has called her self, such things as "a loser" and "toothless Oakie" next to the other women in Leonard's life. As Raj said, she has but one arrow in her quiver. The only one who thinks she is special is Leonard.

- Leonard had sex with her, we presume, dozens of time in season 3. And he told her he loved her, which she found shocking. If Leonard only wanted her for sex, his attitude would be, been there, done that. Why was he different?

- If Leonard was only after sex, he got plenty of it from other women before and after his sexual relationship with Penny. Leslie, Stephanie, Dr. Plimpton, Joy, Priya and four unnamed women from "The Love Car Displacement". It can be argued that Leonard was having a better run without Penny and in several case was going up the social/economic ladder. Yet Leonard would drop any of them in a minute for Penny.

- When Leonard said on the platonic date that he did everything for her to get sex, what would have been her response if he had said, "because I love you". She would have freaked out again.

- After they agreed to start their relationship for the third (and most likely final) time, Penny did not have sex with him for four months in season 5 and for an undetermined amount of time after the proposal during sex fiasco. All in all, L/P have spent MORE time not having sex than periods of sexual activity.

The writer have hammered away with these points for seasons now. The relationship is NOT about sex but about mutual love.

Yes to all this and the fact the writer's like you said have hammed out any theory Leonard wanted Penny for sex. As you said if that was the case he was definitely getting it from the other women he had dated, and he was actually fairing pretty well in that category haha. I mean if all he wanted was sex from a relationship then he would just call Dr Plimpton haha. Beside's why is it such a crime, Leonard said I did those things to get sex? I mean he is a guy, they were in a relationship what do you think he was doing it for. You cannot on one hand go on about Leonard being whiny, passive-aggressive, not confident or reassured enough (a trait that Penny has loved seeing since S5). But then on the flick of a wrist say Oh he is a jerk for wanting sex from Penny. For the record he was saying how he did a lot of stuff in their relationship for their relationship which just happened to include sex. What guy woulden't do anything to have sex from Penny, especially if you were a socially awkward nerd and you had the girl of your dreams, I would of said the same thing. Their is a ton more examples that indicate Leonard is interested in who Penny is not just her physical beauty, I mean Penny has made comments that her relationship with Leonard was a experiemental one, is she excuse me a bitch? No just a human being being honest. Leonard did initially want sex from Penny but ever since Middle Earth in S1, where Leonard had the prime oppurutunity when Penny was drunk and vulnerable to be a typical guy who wants nothing but sex like most guys would but he didn't, ever since then it was obvious he wanted more. And now you could argue Leonard could do better then Penny, and he probably can but Priya. Alex. Dr Plimpton. Joyce Kim e.t.c. Could all walk to his apartment butt naked lol, and he would still choose Penny, simply because she choose him.  

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Does anyone else find it weird that in the opening of the finale Sheldon was happy for Penny and Leonard AND that Raj got some Emily?  I find that strange and think that the scene required some haughty derision.

Does anyone else find it weird that in the opening of the finale Sheldon was happy for Penny and Leonard AND that Raj got some Emily? I find that strange and think that the scene required some haughty derision.

Yes I did but he didn't join in on the hugging part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I did but he didn't join in on the hugging part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And he was way more excited for Raj (moved over to him and his excited voice actually could be heard above others)....think he was already considering the ramifications of the engagement?

Does anyone else find it weird that in the opening of the finale Sheldon was happy for Penny and Leonard AND that Raj got some Emily? I find that strange and think that the scene required some haughty derision.

With L/P's engagement, Sheldon probably just thought that things would continue as they normally did, with him in charge and Leonard catering to his every whim. So he wasn't bothered by it. He figured that his needs would still be of the upmost importance, like he always does (his reaction to Leonard's moving arrangements proved that.) Also, he then told Beverly about the engagement before Leonard even had the chance to, and spoke positively about Penny... He's well - accustomed to L/P's relationship and didn't have a problem with them moving forward, so long as everything went according to his own pre - made plans. When Leonard stood up to him and refused to let things remain same is when the ramifications actually sunk in.

I have noooo idea why he was excited for Raj, though. I thought he'd slip in some derisive comment, or just be indifferent.

• Like 2

With L/P's engagement, Sheldon probably just thought that things would continue as they normally did, with him in charge and Leonard catering to his every whim. So he wasn't bothered by it. He figured that his needs would still be of the upmost importance, like he always does (his reaction to Leonard's moving arrangements proved that.) Also, he then told Beverly about the engagement before Leonard even had the chance to, and spoke positively about Penny... He's well - accustomed to L/P's relationship and didn't have a problem with them moving forward, so long as everything went according to his own pre - made plans. When Leonard stood up to him and refused to let things remain same is when the ramifications actually sunk in.

I have noooo idea why he was excited for Raj, though. I thought he'd slip in some derisive comment, or just be indifferent.

Maybe his damned Vulcan hearing heard the stupid pop tart proposal so he knew about it already!

Also, the living arrangements has quite possibly been on his mind since Occupation Recalibration when the three of them had the post yoga "where are we all going to live" discussion. 

As for Raj, yeah I was surprised too but the key comment had to belong to Bernie so no time for snide Sheldon remark. And maybe he had more empathy for Raj during the heart to heart they had in the previous episode than the castration comment let on!

Maybe his damned Vulcan hearing heard the stupid pop tart proposal so he knew about it already!

Also, the living arrangements has quite possibly been on his mind since Occupation Recalibration when the three of them had the post yoga "where are we all going to live" discussion. 

As for Raj, yeah I was surprised too but the key comment had to belong to Bernie so no time for snide Sheldon remark. And maybe he had more empathy for Raj during the heart to heart they had in the previous episode than the castration comment let on!

Not surprising he confided in Beverley about Leonard and Penny getting engaged before Leonard had a chance to tell his own mother. I mean this is the guy who found out about Leonard's parents divorcing before Leonard did, I mean Sheldon even knew before Leonard did that his dog died. Sheldon and Beverley clearly have a much closer relationship then she does with Leonard, which I find sad but kinda funny lol, I mean don't they Skype once a month? Maybe Sheldon feels kinda confident considering he techniquley got a gf, before Raj "Hey Raj good one! What took you so long."