Season 8 Theories

sECUREij

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my predictions!

I think again the first episode Sheldon will not be back. I think we may see some odd interactions with people/places that he has gone. We find out where he has gone and that he has been keeping up with his friends along the way. I think Some of the wedding details will have been figured out. Amy has been getting closer with the girls, maybe even Emily

The second episode Sheldon will return. I agree with Secureij that Sheldon will have a more "mature" wardrobe (and a new one from now on) as I think the whole reason of him leaving without any clothes and him buying clothes on the road was to introduce a more mature clothing style. Since the other characters are getting one as well.  

I think Amy and Sheldon's reunion will be similar to Leonard's return after the Arctic, but maybe will end with Amy pushing him saying he's moving to fast and she has to figure things out now that he has left for so long and is back. Sheldon will have to do a little chasing of Amy this season. Sheldon will live alone for awhile when Leonard moves out. Mid season Amy moves in. Season 8 will end with coitus

Sheldon will switch out of String theory, found a new grant, introduced to new field and maybe work with Amy now

Lenny will move in together and struggle with the changes. Penny is too messy for him and he is used to living with Sheldon where all the rules were set and everything is in place. Leonard says "Sheldon did this and had it this way", which pisses Penny off. This causing Leonard to want to push the wedding back and have a long engagement to learn more adjusting to living with Penny...moving the wedding into Season 9

Howardette continues to take care of Howard's mom. Howardette is discussing the idea of starting a family. They are having trouble conceiving. Decided that its best just the two of them. After they stop trying, Bernie accidentally gets pregnant end of season 8/early season 9, Pregnant for season 9, babies season 10?

Raj will continue to date around. He will apply for US Citizenship, is having trouble with application or his parents are upset.

Completely and absolutely AGREE in almost everything :D I Luv your ideas!

I also think that Sheldon and Amy could pair up and work together! IMO they didn't make Amy to work on  the Caltech for a few months just because (If they wanted Amy there just for the Workplace Proximity plot they would have made her stay just for a few weeks instead of a few months) and Sheldon having a career crisis just at the same time, this is leading somewhere.

And I completely LOVED your idea about Leonard bothered by Penny's messy house and missing Sheldon's way of doing things, after all he's been living that ultraorganized life for 10 years xD He's complaining all the time but he's totally gotten used to it. it's my headcanon now x)

And for babies...The only pregnancy I can actually see is Bernie's (or maybe maybe and just maybe a Shamy testube baby, they wanted to have one when they first met after all) and I see it happening maybe in the middle of season 9 or something, because they said they didn't want to put up with babies

And the poor Raj, actually I see him breaking up with Emily, I liked TheShamyShipper's serial killer theory hahaha, maybe serial killer it's a bit of strong but I can see Raj being sooo creeped out because of Emily's weird taste in corpses and blood and breaking up with her, and maybe...getting back with Lucy? IDK, I liked her for Raj, they were both awkwardly cute <3

And where the hell is Ivette the vet? I liked her a lot and she just disappeared D:

With Sheldon gone, thing go smoothly with Leonard and Penny and they realize the problem in their relationship has always been Sheldon's interference in it.

Haha so I'm surprised nobody has flat out said this yet (or if they have, I haven't seen it, sorry!)... I can totally see this happening. 

I'm just hoping Sheldon comes back and lets Leonard go and is ready for that change because this is totally plausible. Without having to deal with Sheldon all the time Leonard and Penny will probably have more time for each other and everything will be even better.

Actually, I suppose it could go both ways. But I hope it's good for Lenny! After 7 seasons I really don't want to see ANYTHING bad happen to Lenny. 

I'm not good at predictions myself, I just wanted to say I can definitely see this as a scenario. 

I'd like a one hour episode to open the season called Sheldon's Big Adventure - as we see all the places Sheldon went and the various people he met in his journey of self discovery as he takes the scientific approach in studying people and their relationships and why they act the way they do and how they deal with change - then when Sheldon gets home, he takes the lessons he learned about life, relationships and people and applies them to all the changes that are taking place in his life.

Edited by luke

Maybe because Sheldon isn't their to impose his strict schedule on everybody season 8 opens up with the group somewhat drifted appart, Amy hasn't hung at the boys appartment since the day she found out Leonard and Penny let Sheldon go. Howadette has been busy with Howard's mom, and arranging somewhat of a pay for Stuart (somewhere in between minimum wage, and pocket money since he's living with Howard's mom now so needs to pay room and board). Raj is struggling to keep his realsionship with Emily. Lenny realizes as much as Sheldon inconveniences them, he was also their glue. That Sheldon's Schedules, and needs gave them something in common that they don't have with him gone (as Penny has almost always been Sheldon's second choice next to Leonard). And are starting to seriously consider allowing Sheldon to live with them forever.

And finally as the group begins to realize that they need Sheldon, as much as they need Leonard. Because while Leonard is their nucleus, Sheldon is their cell wall holding them together.

I'd like a one hour episode to open the season called Sheldon's Big Adventure - as we see all the places Sheldon went and the various places he met in his journey of self discovery as he takes the scientific approach in studying people and their relationships and why they act the way they do and how they deal with change - then when Sheldon gets home, he takes the lessons he learned about life, relationships and people and applies them to all the changes that are taking place in his life.

I like your idea, and while he is studying other couples, he takes notes and tries to apply them on his relationship with Amy. Amy in the meantime starts to enjoy her life without Sheldon and concentrates on her monkey studies. And when Sheldon comes back, he notices that Amy´s feelings seemed to have cold down, so he has revive their relationship.

Bernadette gets pregnant and Howard is happy about it, but then he meets his father incidentally and sees that he more similar to him than he thought and gets insecure about being a good father for their child.

Raj finds out that his Emily is does not even does pervert things him in bed, she also starts stalking Raj. Maybe it´s a little bit too weird, but I liked the idea someone mentioned in another thread about a crazy Emily like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction!

No it has not been said Wil is single.  In the very first episode he is in, he wears a wedding ring.

Yeah, it didn't make sense to me to have him playing himself with all the other aspects of his life, but not his wife. And if that were the case it would be a bit of an insult to her.

Yeah, it didn't make sense to me to have him playing himself with all the other aspects of his life, but not his wife. And if that were the case it would be a bit of an insult to her.

Wil and Anne Wheaton are well known in the Geek gaming world and for their tweets. It would not make sense for them to make Wheaton single or married on TBBT since that information has nothing to do with the porpose of his character on the show, Of all the Star Trek characters who have cameo-ed on the show only George Takei's sexual preference was referenced since it was essential to the jokes in the episode.and they did not mention his significant other. 

Edited by BangerMain

Hi guys, I am new here at the forum as a member, but I've been reading spoilers and other posts very often.

This is my first post here. 

I really would like Amy to get better dressed in Season 8. I think she should wear more cute dresses like those she wore on the train and on the Thanksgiving episode.

I hope that Sheldon will figure out that he loves her and keeps thinking about it during part of the season, until he is finally able to tell her that.

I wouldn't like him to be kicked out of his apartment, I think Leonard should move in with Penny at 4B.

Can't wait for Season 8 to come!

Hi guys, I am new here at the forum as a member, but I've been reading spoilers and other posts very often.

This is my first post here.

I really would like Amy to get better dressed in Season 8. I think she should wear more cute dresses like those she wore on the train and on the Thanksgiving episode.

I hope that Sheldon will figure out that he loves her and keeps thinking about it during part of the season, until he is finally able to tell her that.

I wouldn't like him to be kicked out of his apartment, I think Leonard should move in with Penny at 4B.

Can't wait for Season 8 to come!

Welcome !!!

I can't wait either, this summer is going to be very very long.

I agree they should move to 4b. I couldn't see Sheldon living anywhere but 4a.

Ok... Here's how I see things. For starters: Sheldon can't be gone for 4 months unless a. he quit   b. they fired him   c. he took a leave of absence( 1 month max is allowed I think) or d. the university has sent him on an expedition ( which doesn't make sense since he leaves so abruptly without even saying goodbye). Therefore... it's highly unlikely that Sheldon will disappear for the whole summer because none of the above were mentioned anywhere *. Two: it was Sheldon's apartment to begin with so Leonard asking him to move out would be uncalled for. Three: Yes, Amy will be sad/disappointed/ hurt etc but she does love Sheldon and I'm sure the writiers will incorporate both her and Sheldon's feelings in season 8. I expect a regular kiss between them in season 8 and maybe an "I love you" towards the end. Emily seems nice ..we'll see. She is not a monster. Howard and Bernie will continue as is.

* Even though it's TV, some things must be consistent. These are people in their 30's. They can't just up and leave their jobs nor can they act like they are 13 forever. At some point, they have to act their age!

FMLA allows 12 weeks unpaid leave so he might be able to use that or he should be able to for STD.

I would like a two-part episode, similar to how they did it this year.

First episode, shows the hell Sheldon endured throughout his 'journey', however it long it may be.

Second episode, he comes back and straightens his ass out, with Amy at least. He can be a prick to Lenny all he wants. :laugh:

I would like a two-part episode, similar to how they did it this year.

First episode, shows the hell Sheldon endured throughout his 'journey', however it long it may be.

Second episode, he comes back and straightens his ass out, with Amy at least. He can be a prick to Lenny all he wants. :laugh:

I like that idea.  It would be interesting if they show Sheldon doing one thing and then show what Amy's doing at the same time.

I'm hoping we'll get an hour long season premiere.

Ok... Here's how I see things. For starters: Sheldon can't be gone for 4 months unless a. he quit   b. they fired him   c. he took a leave of absence( 1 month max is allowed I think) or d. the university has sent him on an expedition ( which doesn't make sense since he leaves so abruptly without even saying goodbye). Therefore... it's highly unlikely that Sheldon will disappear for the whole summer because none of the above were mentioned anywhere *. Two: it was Sheldon's apartment to begin with so Leonard asking him to move out would be uncalled for. Three: Yes, Amy will be sad/disappointed/ hurt etc but she does love Sheldon and I'm sure the writiers will incorporate both her and Sheldon's feelings in season 8. I expect a regular kiss between them in season 8 and maybe an "I love you" towards the end. Emily seems nice ..we'll see. She is not a monster. Howard and Bernie will continue as is.

* Even though it's TV, some things must be consistent. These are people in their 30's. They can't just up and leave their jobs nor can they act like they are 13 forever. At some point, they have to act their age!

FMLA allows 12 weeks unpaid leave so he might be able to use that or he should be able to for STD.

Leonard says in the tag that he is took sabbatical. However in real life, for a mental breakdown, he would have probably taken FMLA but that doesn't sound as good on a show I guess LOL

Leonard says in the tag that he is took sabbatical. However in real life, for a mental breakdown, he would have probably taken FMLA but that doesn't sound as good on a show I guess LOL

We had a guy at work that got promoted (to the position I currently have) and he had a mental breakdown, they put him on Administrative leave for six months. 

We had a guy at work that got promoted (to the position I currently have) and he had a mental breakdown, they put him on Administrative leave for six months. 

Yes but a sabbatical is different. Typically if a person can't get well in the 12 weeks they will probably look into a leave or disability 

A sabbatical is typically approved by the university for a professor (usually tenure) who wants to study or research a new field. Not to "rest" or "rethink" his life. It has to benefit the university and seeing that Caltech rejected his idea to change his research they probably would not approve a sabbatical. 

Proton will be back in S08E01 to be Sheldon's conscience. You heard it here first! ;)

Yeah apparently I am here whenever you need me

Oh I am soooo sure he is coming back!!! Maybe not in the first episode but I think he will come back!!!!!! Fingers crossed for PP being Sheldon's conscience!!!!!!!

Yes but a sabbatical is different. Typically if a person can't get well in the 12 weeks they will probably look into a leave or disability 

A sabbatical is typically approved by the university for a professor (usually tenure) who wants to study or research a new field. Not to "rest" or "rethink" his life. It has to benefit the university and seeing that Caltech rejected his idea to change his research they probably would not approve a sabbatical. 

Considering Sheldon's relationship with the university president and other faculty members, they probably would be willing to pay him his salary just to have him gone.  "Take as long as you need Dr. Cooper, years if necessary." 

Considering Sheldon's relationship with the university president and other faculty members, they probably would be willing to pay him his salary just to have him gone.  "Take as long as you need Dr. Cooper, years if necessary." 

Yes that could be true, in the episode he was writing a letter to the faculty senate, so maybe it was approved for that reason. 

The funny thing is, if they are only approving it because they no longer want to see or be bothered by Sheldon, most faulty are 10 month. So they wouldn't see him in the summer anyway and I am sure he would be back by the end of summer for season 8 or Fall Semester LOL

Yeah apparently I am here whenever you need me

Oh I am soooo sure he is coming back!!! Maybe not in the first episode but I think he will come back!!!!!! Fingers crossed for PP being Sheldon's conscience!!!!!!!

I'm hoping he'll be in the first or second episode of s8.  I wonder if he'll dress like Obi Wan anytime he's Sheldon's conscience.