The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sECUREij

Season 8 Theories

Proton will be back in S08E01 to be Sheldon's conscience. You heard it here first! ;)

Please no, not him again.

I've never been (and will be) a big fan of PP, and his last episode was a nice closure.

Obviously Sheldon is just chilling at Amy's apartment. Amy talking to him on the phone was just a ruse, as was her hitting Leonard with the pillow. It's all just a clever little prank that Sheldon and Amy came up with to fool Leonard and Penny.

Haha can you imagine if that was true? :)

That would be brilliant!!

"I told you our relationship is stronger then ever" Sheldon said, obviously referring to the Table episode :D

• Like 2

One of my finale theories was actually something like this... That they both went away and spent the summer together in secret, but are found out on their return and then the big question becomes whether they had sex or not.

• Like 5

Honestly, after the Season 7 start, I think the writers will not worry about the show until they show up to work next season, they are use to not planning ahead, so they will panic and just have Sheldon change a little, but still stay bascially the same.

I do think the writers have ideas but nothing concrete.

I do expect the premiere to be way different than season 7. Season 6 finale didn't leave on any sort of cliffhanger (except raj can speak).

The season 7 cliffhanger is one of the biggest ones they've done (the closest one is either the season 2 or season 4 finales)

Last year everyone generally ended happy. This one is different so I do expect a stronger premiere

• Like 3

Thank you, alexaasweet!

One of my finale theories was actually something like this... That they both went away and spent the summer together in secret, but are found out on their return and then the big question becomes whether they had sex or not.

Sounds to me like a fanfic is in order.  ;)

• Like 3

Every once in a while it has been trotted out that Sheldon and Beverly are in quite close contact and she seems to have quite high regard for Sheldon.

So, what is she going to think when Sheldon is AWOL? Will he go to her for support?

It is kind of hard for me to imagine her continuing the respect she has had for him. She would probably tell him to buck up and cross him off her contact list. Or perhaps she would want to get him into her lab for some brain scans.

It is hard to image him going back to his own mother yet again (the last visit was not what he expected).

I cant find information on when season 8 premieres. Does anyone know the exact date?

It hasn't been announced. Best guess, based on last year, is 22 September, although 29 September is also possible.

• Like 1

I'm hoping Proton will be in ep 1 and/or 2 helping Sheldon figure out things.

• Like 2

Fanfic please ! :) 

• Like 3

Obviously Sheldon is just chilling at Amy's apartment. Amy talking to him on the phone was just a ruse, as was her hitting Leonard with the pillow. It's all just a clever little prank that Sheldon and Amy came up with to fool Leonard and Penny.

Haha can you imagine if that was true? :)

Lol...this is so weird I had the exact same thought after watching the finale!.....who knows what could happen!

• Like 2

I'm hoping Proton will be in ep 1 and/or 2 helping Sheldon figure out things.

I think that would follow too closely on the heels of his last appearance, and be a little too on-the-nose.

• Like 1

Maybe because Sheldon isn't their to impose his strict schedule on everybody season 8 opens up with the group somewhat drifted appart, Amy hasn't hung at the boys appartment since the day she found out Leonard and Penny let Sheldon go. Howadette has been busy with Howard's mom, and arranging somewhat of a pay for Stuart (somewhere in between minimum wage, and pocket money since he's living with Howard's mom now so needs to pay room and board). Raj is struggling to keep his realsionship with Emily. Lenny realizes as much as Sheldon inconveniences them, he was also their glue. That Sheldon's Schedules, and needs gave them something in common that they don't have with him gone (as Penny has almost always been Sheldon's second choice next to Leonard). And are starting to seriously consider allowing Sheldon to live with them forever.

And finally as the group begins to realize that they need Sheldon, as much as they need Leonard. Because while Leonard is their nucleus, Sheldon is their cell wall holding them together.

I think that predictions are OK, but they have to be based in reality, or more accurately described cannon (what is "real" in the show). To say that Amy wouldn't hang out with the group since she discovered that Lenny let Sheldon go is a bit of a stretch, since it wasn't for them (or anyone) to make him stay. Sheldon is an adult (or trying to become one) and can make his own decisions. While Lenny like and appreciate Sheldon, at the same time being bothered by his quircks, Sheldon definitely is NOT the glue between them, and they stated in no uncertain terms that their future life will not include living with him. Also your proposing that Sheldon is their cell wall holding them together is preposterous. They all laughed at him when he suggested this in an episode. He's their friend, and they appreciate/tolerate him to varying degrees, but Sheldon is NOT what keeps them together.

• Like 2

In season 6, Sheldon tells Amy he knows what kind of man he wants to be... hopefully he will actually figure out HOW to be that man over the course of the summer and come back and SHOW her. That's what I want to see. No more puppy love/teenage stuff  :firstmove:. A real man expressing his feelings and desires with the woman he loves...like mommies and daddies do   :giveheart:   :tender:

( they are in their 30's... )

But it's not that easy for Sheldon to change. I think that if the trip serves him right, he will be able to put his priorities in order, and BEGIN to change. I don't think that he will come back a changed man, but one who's started to change taking gradual steps in the right direction.

• Like 2

@Carlos, its ok. Sheldon is what they all hang around together to bitch about. A rallying point. He is the glue, or a mastic... sticky, hard to scrape off and not actually all that good at bonding - more of a filler.

But where is evil Wheaton, and will he return once he has the money and prestige from Sharknado II? I'll put PerlK's money on that happening.

As for Leonard and Penny break up because Penny was only settling because shes at a low point in her life. Well lets just say this are you defining a low point in her life based on the level of her success in her career? Because since the pilot she has never really been a working actress, so I don't see how now is any different, or makes any point of difference. She has great friends, and great support even if her acting career suddenly took off which is unlikely, she would still marry Leonard, he's her only constant. Besides all this is elementary, ever since the pilot they were endgame, so no speculating is going to change anything, they are not going to break up for any reason. I just don't understand how you can possibly justify after all the growth Penny has made, she would dump Leonard because she is at a low point in her life, even if that's logically true why would she dump the only good thing in her life? Lol yeah your a genius :laugh:. As for S8 Theories, hopefully more progress with Penny's career, they really need to make their mind up on Shamy, does Sheldon want Amy as his girlfriend and If he does, he needs to start treating her right and make her a priority, because I have seen no evidence to suggest he even cares about her, don't shoot the messenger.  

I

I'm not sure if anyone has posted a link to this article yet. It just popped up on my Yahoo page. Not really any spoilers but still an interesting, short article

http://www.inquisitr.com/1272357/big-bang-theory-expect-sheldon-coopers-character-to-change-post-season-finale/

Nice but no surprises there.

As for Leonard and Penny break up because Penny was only settling because shes at a low point in her life. Well lets just say this are you defining a low point in her life based on the level of her success in her career? Because since the pilot she has never really been a working actress, so I don't see how now is any different, or makes any point of difference. She has great friends, and great support even if her acting career suddenly took off which is unlikely, she would still marry Leonard, he's her only constant. Besides all this is elementary, ever since the pilot they were endgame, so no speculating is going to change anything, they are not going to break up for any reason. I just don't understand how you can possibly justify after all the growth Penny has made, she would dump Leonard because she is at a low point in her life, even if that's logically true why would she dump the only good thing in her life? Lol yeah your a genius :laugh:. As for S8 Theories, hopefully more progress with Penny's career, they really need to make their mind up on Shamy, does Sheldon want Amy as his girlfriend and If he does, he needs to start treating her right and make her a priority, because I have seen no evidence to suggest he even cares about her, don't shoot the messenger.  

I

I agree. Oh I would guess they will have some ups and downs but I expect L/P to get stronger as a couple through season 8 and beyond. I think Penny is past questioning the relationship.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 3

http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/big-bang-theory-season-8-sheldon-likely-to-stay-more-wedding-proposals-25028

Found this article... due to the lack or correct grammar and spelling I'm not 100% sure if this is real or not, but it mentions something about more wedding proposals next season :o

Well, I think someone who did an interview with Steve, would double check spelling, especially with character names.

Peggy or Penny is a big no no for any professional.

Well, I think someone who did an interview with Steve, would double check spelling, especially with character names.

Peggy or Penny is a big no no for any professional.

Lol, I suppose you're right. I was just being overtly hopeful :p

The reference to more wedding proposals was for the end of this year. Molaro was referring to Penny's proposal in 7.17 (broadcast as 7.22), The Proton Transmogrification and the exchange of proposals in 7.23 The Gorilla Dissolution.  The original article in "The Hollywood Reporter" was published before the last four episodes were broadcast

Here are my predictions:

I think that Sheldon will return after first two or three episodes of season eight, since he finally came to his senses and decided to move in with Amy, but Amy will still be mad at him and refuse to talk to him, she and Sheldon keeping in touch via phone conversations and e-mails but somehow losing track of that after some time. No matter how hard I ship Shamy I don't want to see Amy just continuing her relationship with him like nothing had happened. I still have no idea where could Sheldon travel during a summer away although I see him staying at his mother for at least some time, or about Raj and Emily. He will go ask for advice from his friends and finally come to a conclusion that what he did was wrong and that he has to apologize to Amy. He will do so and move in with her. In the next few episodes we will see lots of hopefully amusing scenes of Sheldon trying to adjust to his new living arrangements and Amy trying not to go crazy over many ridiculous complaints and requests that will certainly be made by Sheldon, but eventually they will work things out and manage to live together in weird and wonderful Shamy harmony (or at least without driving each other crazy). The level of intimacy in their relationship will remain rather the same (hand holding, kissing at the end of a date night, as seen in The Indecision Amalgamation, occassional hugging) but hopefully we will see more intimate conversations and comforting moments between the two and maybe even them making out in season finale. I think that Penny's acting career will remain rather dead during the first half of the season except maybe for a few minor roles which could lead to some tension between her and Leonard but she will eventually get a good acting job (possibly as an episode villain in CSI or unsub on Criminal Minds LOL) and in the season finale the whole gang will see her perfomance, they will all love it and she will finally be happy in that area of her life and she will once again thank Leonard for supporting her so much and show how much he really means for her. I would like to see more sweet moments between Howard and Bernadette rather than them arguing about his mother or their sex life being used as a comic relief and also some more Howard/Raj friendship, but I don't think that Bernadette will get pregnant in that season. Mrs Wolowitz will recover and Stuart will be torn between continuing to be her caregiver and trying to repair his comic book store and start business again but will eventually decide to try to repair his comic book store. Mrs Wolowitz will be upset at first but they will eventually remain friends and he will promise to continue being her caregiver if she ever gets sick or injured again. Despite him making some money while working as her caregiver, him trying to repair his comic book store won't work very well at first but eventually Leonard, Sheldon, Howard, Raj and Penny will join to help him and he will become friends with them (real friend, not just a substitute for someone or someone they hang out with out of the pitty) and maybe even a member of the social group. And in the end of the season, soon after he opened the comic book store again, we may see him becoming friends with Lucy or Alice (that girl from The Good Guy Fluctuation, it would be fun to bring her back), indicating a start of a potential romantic relationship for him in the future. And maybe we'll see Raj going to visit his parents in a season finale, since it became almost a tradition for one of the guys to go on a trip in season finale.