Season 8 Theories

sECUREij

Well he had other options than the one he chose at the restaurant, didn't he? He could of just said see you later.

Yes but than the relationship had been over, in no other situation was that an possibility.

But I guess we disagree on this, let's get back on topic ;)

Good point, Tensor.  I see the lean-in as another push though, not a force.  It was like "Oh, you're asking me to be your girlfriend?  Well, maybe you should do it properly then..."  ;)

I agree, at that point it wasn't to make him jealous, more that she wanted to hear the actual words.  The leaning into Stuart came after he "technically" asked her.  

I also think based off the conversation with the girls when she got the text from Stuart that she wasn't going out with him to make him jealous, more to see other options being at that point Sheldon was a dead end.  

I don't think she's really "forced" anything but of course she tries to push....and do you blame her as she's seen him cave when pushed by Penny and def. his mother.  

I agree though, the living together in the finale wasn't cool as she already knew he would shoot her down (based off the previous requests).  But hey, she figured it worth a shot.  And because it was really really shot down, she won't ask again (and I think overall her "pushing" will end in the beginning of season 8....may return towards the end though).  I think that final shot down along with him leaving will create a much more cold standoff-ish Amy in the beginning of season 8 (towards him)

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 3

Why do people insisting on defending poor writing. The Big. Bang Theory is popular because of humour, I can without a shadow of a doubt in mind say that. Why? It's simple, the characters are shallow, the arcs are non existent, the character development is non existent, hell Leonard and Sheldon have REGRESSED. Remember in the very first Halloween episode,Penny made a drunk pass on him, and his reaction, the amazing reaction, the reaction that made me cheer for Lenny was. "Penny you're to drunk"

Season three his reaction to a drunk Penny was "Let's DO THIS" chest bumps and high fives all around.

As for Penny love life being great.

She's dating Leonard. A Shallow (proven by how he sniped Howard with Stephanie, the 12 hour rocket fuel realsionship with Joyce Kim, his reaction Alex) Petty (The Arctic Fiasco) broken (Mommy issues jealousy issues, his inferiorty complex, and minpulative personality (getting Penny to have sex because of his mother mistreatment)) little man.

So is her love life all that great?

What would be "good writing"? Just so we know where they Should be right now in character development.

What would be "good writing"? Just so we know where they Should be right now in character development.

Apparently, "good writing" means "whatever sECUREij thinks it should be," because the TBBT writing staff is apparently comprised of ignorant dolts with the creativity of a block of granite. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I agree, at that point it wasn't to make him jealous, more that she wanted to hear the actual words.  The leaning into Stuart came after he "technically" asked her.  

I also think based off the conversation with the girls when she got the text from Stuart that she wasn't going out with him to make him jealous, more to see other options being at that point Sheldon was a dead end.  

I don't think she's really "forced" anything but of course she tries to push....and do you blame her as she's seen him cave when pushed by Penny and def. his mother.  

I agree though, the living together in the finale wasn't cool as she already knew he would shoot her down (based off the previous requests).  But hey, she figured it worth a shot.  And because it was really really shot down, she won't ask again (and I think overall her "pushing" will end in the beginning of season 8....may return towards the end though).  I think that final shot down along with him leaving will create a much more cold standoff-ish Amy in the beginning of season 8 (towards him)

I'm still not sure if Amy will be stand-offish or not, but I do agree that she's probably learned her lesson about pushing too hard.  I don't think anyone can really blame her for pushing Sheldon sometimes though.  Who else would be as patient as Amy has been?  And when you love someone as much as Amy obviously loves Sheldon, you're going to desire more intimacy with that person.  The fact that she almost never makes demands proves to me that the depth of her love is pretty darn deep. 

Because she understands Sheldon like she does, she knows that he needs a push in the right direction every now and then for progress of any kind to be made (not just romantically).  i.e., helping him with his closure issues.  Amy made a mistake in the finale, and I think she knows it now.  I really didn't see that final mention of living together as a push from her though as much as her genuinely trying to offer him a solution that would calm him down about his friends wanting to move in together.  Unfortunately, it backfired and just added more pressure.

As for the Stuart thing, the other girls had to kind of encourage Amy to try dating Stuart.  It wasn't like she looked at her phone and said "YES!  I can go make Sheldon jealous now!!!"  She seemed kind of hesitant and unsure. And since they were still boy/friend/girl/friend status, she probably figured she might as well in the end. I agree with you, kerrycec03.

• Like 3

Apparently, "good writing" means "whatever sECUREij thinks it should be," because the TBBT writing staff is apparently comprised of ignorant dolts with the creativity of a block of granite. :rolleyes:

they aren't into rant dolts they just aren't all the mature. All the relasionships in this show revolve around this sex.They don't have any smart attractive (that stupid voice they gave Bernadette is a turnoff, Amy's costume design sucks). They don't grasp a consistent story arcs, or a proper continuity (look at HiMYM for a show with all those things) they don't grasp character development (don't give me this BS oh Sheldon has......, Leonard is so much more......) the only character who has grown since the beginning of this show is Howard (forced kicking and screaming by Bernadette) who is pretty much worthless at this point. And Raj (He can talk to women. Took 5 years to long) who is going the way of Howard and will be useless by the middle of s8

they aren't into rant dolts they just aren't all the mature. All the relationships in this show revolve around this sex.They don't have any smart attractive (that stupid voice they gave Bernadette is a turnoff, Amy's costume design sucks). They don't grasp a consistent story arcs, or a proper continuity (look at HiMYM for a show with all those things) they don't grasp character development (don't give me this BS oh Sheldon has......, Leonard is so much more......) the only character who has grown since the beginning of this show is Howard (forced kicking and screaming by Bernadette) who is pretty much worthless at this point. And Raj (He can talk to women. Took 5 years to long) who is going the way of Howard and will be useless by the middle of s8

Is this evaluation a consensus of TV critics, industry experts or the majority of viewers? Do you have anything to show that your summation of TBBT going into season 8 should be accepted as "the truth"? After all, you did not say this is just your opinion, so we should assume that all will agree this is self evident.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 1

Well watch Himym then, oh wait you cant its over! Himym is a show that relies on backstories as it fits it premise, Himym is a standard rom com Bbt is not. So the writing, story archs, continuity is very different in Bbt. Its alot more slow paced. Based on your deconstructing and defination of the characters, you clearly do not like the show,

and therefore cannot see the character

development with all the characters. You bring up

sex and Himym? Please i like that show but all the

characters do is bed hop, Barney as funny as he

can be really put feminism back a few decades, s

o the fact you bring up maturity, writing, and

Himym in the same sentence seeing it can be a

very sexist show. Most of the women through

Barney are portrayed as weak, pathectic, naive,

and gullable. Himyn no where near posseses the

continuity in writing Bbt has, theirs no character

growth like Bbt. Their defination of character

growth is fool the audience into thinking theyre

growing, when really theyre not and revert

backwards nine years. No one forced Howard to grow out of his former creepy self, he choose to date Bernadette, and Bernadette did not force Howard to marry her. She even wanted to end things when his past was revealed, but that speech in S5 was the first sign of the show and all the characters slowly maturing. Like i said you cheered when Leonard didnt take advantage of a drunk Penny. Yet booed when they slept together right after forming a romantic relationship, which is a different dynamic. Leonard has also shown tremendous character growth, not sure how you can say a whiny, passive agressive guy who pined for Penny is compelling. Yet a guy who is now more confident, self reassured, more assertive with Penny which Penny has enjoyed seeing that change has somehow regressed, you cant have it both ways. Sounds to me you prefer the first three seasons, which doesent add up seeing they were

very mataralistic, shallow characters then. They are much more beleivable now. If you beleive the only premise to Raj for e.g. Was he cant talk to women, so like Howard is useless, your missing the point. The show is about four eggheads becoming socially aware, and thats happened.

sECUREij, Im finding it difficult to reconcile your opening post as the creator of this thread, in which you put forward 2 coherent, plausible possible scenarios (and one delusional Shenny plot) for the beginning of Season 8, which generated some interesting discussion amongst forum members with how this thread has now degenerated into you expressing an absolute hatred for everything about the show. Explain. Were you setting up for a conflict or are you just reacting to people forcefully disagreeing with your opinion?

sECUREij, Im finding it difficult to reconcile your opening post as the creator of this thread, in which you put forward 2 coherent, plausible possible scenarios (and one delusional Shenny plot) for the beginning of Season 8, which generated some interesting discussion amongst forum members with how this thread has now degenerated into you expressing an absolute hatred for everything about the show. Explain. Were you setting up for a conflict or are you just reacting to people forcefully disagreeing with your opinion?

Well I find it haft to understand where you're coming from. You complain about my opinion but then call "Shennys" delusional. I would call that being a hypocrite. Not only that but I'm not trying to start fights, and when/if this thread starts to degrade simple name calling I would gladly walk away from it. But seeing as I'm putting at my opinion a respectful manner I see no issue. Trying showing counter points what I'm say, show me a long line of good character development, show me good arcs and continuity

Well I think the point is you started this thread to discuss S8 Theories, and your recent post was a attack on all the characters in the show, and a jab at the writers for their "susposed" lack of continuity. You were trying to use HImym as a good point of reference when it came to continuity, even though that show is famous for lack of continuity. You only have too look at how they wrote the finalie with Ted and Robin to realize that. So you want a long line of character development, story archs, and continuity? A lot of people have posted many examples. But you obviously have some form of biast towards this perceived notion of a lack of "character development". Even though the main criticism is that they have matured the characters too much, away from the original dispositions of the characters and the premise. One of the main precursors to proof of character development, is Leonard and Penny's relationship. You only have to look at Penny, you say Howard is the only one who has shown maturity and growth, well I disagree I think Penny has shown the most growth. By deconstructing her self-actlulization she has started to embrace her lot in life. She is less shallow and mataralistic then she used to be, she has lost her perkiness and optimism for life, but she's still as strong and independent as ever. And you look at Leonard and Penny's relationship, compare Leonard from S1-S7, Leonard is less passive aggressive and you could say needy when it comes to Penny, and is more self reassured and assertive, which Penny has clearly loved in the change with Leonard. Penny too deals with conflict particualarly with Leonard much better, her resoloution tactics are now no longer hulking out, but talking through things honestly with Leonard, or keeping her distance from Leonard and cooling off. That right their since Season One is a long running story arch, and continuity. Believe it or not a lot of fans of Himym main gripe in the final season was lack of continuity, so while BBT writers don't always get it right they aren't writing a soap opera, its a pure comedy that's the difference.  

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

Trying showing counter points what I'm say, show me a long line of good character development, show me good arcs and continuity

Define good character development and show your definition is the only definition that should be used.  Define good arcs, and show your definition is the only one that should be used.  Defined continuity, and show that your's is the only one that should be used.  If you think that HIMYM is  a bastion of good continuity, I suggest you look here , before defining good continuity.  

• Like 3

Define good character development and show your definition is the only definition that should be used.  Define good arcs, and show your definition is the only one that should be used.  Defined continuity, and show that your's is the only one that should be used.  If you think that HIMYM is  a bastion of good continuity, I suggest you look here , before defining good continuity.  

Great reply, Tensor. You actually showed your work on HIMYM to proof your point

sECUREij believes that their characterization of TBBT is a widely accepted, undeniable fact. No need to offer proof that this is more than a tiny, minority opinion. I have asked for proof that there is no other way to think of the show's writing but have been ignored.

Edited by BangerMain

So is her love life all that great?

Yes. The happiest she's ever been.

She dating the guy that worships the ground she walks on.

He brought her plane tickets to go see her family for Christmas.

He bought her a car cause she need one

He paid her rent when she was a bit short on cash

He tried to get back the money from Kurt for Penny.

I could go on but I made my point.

Yeah, leonard done some not so cool things but so has all the other characters but you seem to forget the most important thing. No one is perfect we all make mistakes and some people learn from them, others don't.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

@SECUREIJ

He got her fired from serial apist

Got her a car AFTER Sheldon blindly supported her, because of her simply being a dreamer.

Told her everything he did for her was sex

He went to her about how to cheat and come out looking like a good guy

He got full of himself when somebody else was attracted to him

Had sex with a women who was on a date with his friend

Dated his friends sister after he made it clear he was uncomfortable with it

He back stabbed his best friend

He showed penny's deepest secret

He caused the failure of the Penny blossom

He tried to force an I love you

He subtly called Penny stupid multiple times.

You're right everyone makes mistakes but Leonard is a passive agressive asshole. Who has never apologized and NEVER will because TPTB shield hi more then any single character in the series

Edited by sECUREij

@sECUREIJ

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Er... NOT.

Go her fired. Really he was defending her.

He got her a car because she needed one you help people you love. If Sheldon was such a good friend, why didn't he help her or buy her a car.

They both used each other for sex in S3

He wanted advice and he didn't cheat in the end

She was not interested in Howard and they only kissed that night. No sex.

He is free to date any one He wants he was single.

They all stab each other in the back.

He didn't cause the business to fail, he was only trying to help.

And what's wrong with asking your gf if she loves you. They have been going out for 7 months for god sake

If he thought she was stupid he will never have dated her.

Seriously your points are flawed but thats your opinion and you are entitled to it but I disagree on all.

You're right. He should be executed for his unforgivable crimes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, he should be executed for his crimes against his friends and his girlfriend. Off with his head. Bad, bad leonard.

Edited by Tonstar17
  • Like 2

Yeah, he should be executed for his crimes against his friends and his girlfriend. Off with his head. Bad, bad leonard. . :)

Better yet, force him to get piercings over every square inch of his body (including the "private property"), then strap him down next to that large electromagent in his lab and turn it on full power. :diablo:

• Like 2

Better yet, force him to get piercings over every square inch of his body (including the "private property"), then strap him down next to that large electromagent in his lab and turn it on full power. :diablo:

That will definitely teach leonard not to be mean to his friends and take advantage. I like the piercing bit, that fits the punishment for stabbing his friends in the back. :)

He got her fired from serial apist

Got her a car AFTER Sheldon blindly supported her, because of her simply being a dreamer.

Told her everything he did for her was sex

He went to her about how to cheat and come out looking like a good guy

He got full of himself when somebody else was attracted to him

Had sex with a women who was on a date with his friend

Dated his friends sister after he made it clear he was uncomfortable with it

He back stabbed his best friend

He showed penny's deepest secret

He caused the failure of the Penny blossom

He tried to force an I love you

He subtly called Penny stupid multiple times.

You're right everyone makes mistakes but Leonard is a passive agressive asshole. Who has never apologized and NEVER will because TPTB shield hi more then any single character in the series

Tonstar already covered most of this but maybe repetition will help you get it.

She got herself fired from SA-2 by standing up for Leonard after he stood up for her.

He bought her a car so she didn't have to go back to the CCF. All Sheldon did was make her problem all about him.

The sex thing was not true, just deflection because he really has loved her for a long time.

Didn't go through with the cheating, but Priya cheated on him. That relationship was over anyway, Leonard just didn't accept it yet.

Everyone likes their ego stroked now and then. Doesn't make them a bad person.

Stephanie had zero interest in creepy Howard, and who could blame her. And she came on to Leonard.

Oh yeah, the Arctic expedition. Make Sheldon more bearable while in isolation with him, but preserve the data for later. Better than the alternatives R/H were considering. It's Sheldon's own fault for jumping the gun.

Penny's "deepest secret" was hardly secret. Did you not watch season 7?

How did he cause the Penny Blossom failure? By getting her more business? What a bastard!

Someone bears his heart to the one he loves and wants it reciprocated? What a bastard!

Sheldon has explicitly called Penny stupid multiple times. If you're referring to the community college thing after their first date, he did not imply she was stupid, just wanted her to better herself. If you're referring to the psychic, wanting to show her what a complete waste of time and money crap like that is, is a good thing IMHO.

Never apologized for what? Shielded? You think he hasn't gotten his share of grief over the course of the series? Take the Shenny blinders off!

• Like 4

Okay lets isolate your uncalled for character assanation of Leonard 

- He got her fired from Serial Apist WRONG = Douche director implied Leonard was not good enough for him, Penny stood up for Leonard director didn't like it so he fired her. Transfering blame to Leonard because you clearly have a biast towards disliking his character for what ever reason is just plain idiocy, Penny is a grown adult she takes responsibility for her own actions.

- Got her a car after Sheldon Blindly supported her, because of her simply being a dream = What a bunch of BS, the first thing Sheldon said when she was crying for Leonard in the hallway, was "Your interrupting my game night". Leonard instantly bought her a car to help her in her quest in progression her acting career. As usual Sheldon was an abosolute twit, and looked at Penny's problems through his selfish eyes. Once again your Sheldon and Shenny biast is glaring

- Told her everything he did was for sex = WRONG, they were having a discussion about doing things for the sake of a relationship, Leonard's line about doing everything he did for sex, was a typical thing a guy would say, Leonard is not  "NERD" never has been. Leonard dated her for nearly two years, anyone else who haden't spent as much time with her and her friends, reaction and response would be much different. Leonard has always when it came to Penny in her best interest. In S1 he turned her down because she was drunk, if all he wanted to do was have sex with her he would of right then, and that would have been it but he didn't.

-  He's the socially awkward guy! Priya had already been cheating on the guy, he went to Penny for a advice. If he was such the passive aggressive ass hole you are painting him as, then he would have no conciouss, and just cheat on Priya. The fact he felt guilty enough to go to his ex, and discuss the pros and cons of it, shows what a good guy he is.

- Of course he was flattered its not often a hot girl hits on a nerd, I am a guy when I can hit on it gives you an ego boost, its a very human thing.

- Stephanie was never on a date with Howard, Howard just thought they were. Howard was so creepy back then can you blame her, Stephanie came on to Leonard, and he ended up feeling so guilty they told Howard, they got him a friend of hers anyway haha.

- Oh what is Raj is father now? They are both grown adults and are perfectly capable of forming a romantic relationship regardless of Raj's dejection or not wanting it to happen. That does make Leonard a bad friend, it makes him human

- Please Sheldon jumped the gun, oh boo hoo Sheldon got betrayed, he deserved it! Can you imagine how obnoxious Sheldon would be locked up with him in Antartica for the entire summer, they did what they had to do, to stop him they made the right call. Saying he Betrayed his best friend, considering how many times Sheldon has delayed his relationship with Penny, Sheldon aint that great of a friend either. But faking data aint a betrayl of friendship in any form.

- Penny's deepest secret? Do you have internet? Well if you do you would realize everyone had already watched it, he already knew about the video since the pilot. If he was such an asshole why didn't he show it for 7 years, yeah I Thought so.

- He caused the failiure of Penny's business? Are you serious the guy with the help of his friends, made her stupid blossoms till 3 in the morning, he put so much effort into helping her. He also got her more business, oh the bastard didn't make a 1000 more petals what an asshole.

- Force an I love you, its an emotion what is he susposed to schedule when Penny is ready or emotionally stable enough to receive three horrible words? He didn't force it, it came out naturally when they were having pillow talk. Penny is the one who broke up with him in a public place, I have already defended Penny for that, but you cannot say Leonard is the bad guy for that, yet act like Penny is all innocent

- This is the biggest glaring of your Shennysyndrome haha, Sheldon has been calling Penny stupid since the pilot, he called her fat one episode. This season he contunusely dissed her from her career, to her education e.tc. As for the community thing it was not Leonard implying Penny was stupid, but it was Sheldons fault. He was the one who put an idea into Penny's head she was not smart enough for Leonard, basically implying shes stupid, yet Leonard's the asshole. Sheldon has been the problem in their entire relationship from the beginning, not Leonard. The psychic thing seriously anyone would call Penny stupid, Leonard said she was being naïve not stupid. Sheldon and Penny want absoloutely nothing from each other, so their dynamic is different then hers with Leonard.

I am sorry but you clearly dislike the character of Leonard, and anyone who goes to an effort to character assinate Leonard is really glaringly a Shenny shipper. Deconstructing the core values of Leonards character and trying to switch it up, and turn it around like its some glaring flaws or Leonard comes across as a great guy but really is passive aggressive, is just utter nonesence and clearly bashing his character and overlooking the actual fundamental reasons for what he said or what he did like I just isolated, its just selective thinking. Why should Leonard appolgize, Sheldon has treated him like dirt Penny too, has he ever apologized of course not.

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 4

- Oh what is Raj is father now? They are both grown adults and are perfectly capable of forming a romantic relationship regardless of Raj's dejection or not wanting it to happen. That does make Leonard a bad friend, it makes him human

Oops, I missed one! Thanks 3ku11!

Haha all good, so are we allowed to do one on Sheldon now or Penny? Hes insulting and mean, Pennys just a waitress and was using Leonard in S3 (thats when she stop using him as a doormat). Pennys promiscious, Sheldon once implied Penny and her mothers fat. All this is true but they are flaws that make them who they are, it makes them human, they are not programmed like Robots to act a certain way or talk a certain way, the writing has always stuck true to real life. Apart from being slow and tedious, humans are mean sometimes, they are funny, smart, kind, they cry, they hug, they say cruel things in the heat of the moment oh snap! Penny told the guys to grow up how passive agressive :p. But these traits do not make one a bad friend, or a bad boyfriend or girlfriend, or son, or mother (Beverly being the only exception haha) it makes them human. And being human is realizing your mistakes, and Leonard has made just as many mistakes as his friends ans Penny. But you cant schedule when your going to switch off being human, because then you wouldent be human haha ;).

Haha all good, so are we allowed to do one on Sheldon now or Penny? Hes insulting and mean, Pennys just a waitress and was using Leonard in S3 (thats when she stop using him as a doormat). Pennys promiscious, Sheldon once implied Penny and her mothers fat. All this is true but they are flaws that make them who they are, it makes them human, they are not programmed like Robots to act a certain way or talk a certain way, the writing has always stuck true to real life. Apart from being slow and tedious, humans are mean sometimes, they are funny, smart, kind, they cry, they hug, they say cruel things in the heat of the moment oh snap! Penny told the guys to grow up how passive agressive :p. But these traits do not make one a bad friend, or a bad boyfriend or girlfriend, or son, or mother (Beverly being the only exception haha) it makes them human. And being human is realizing your mistakes, and Leonard has made just as many mistakes as his friends ans Penny. But you cant schedule when your going to switch off being human, because then you wouldent be human haha ;).

No, no. you got it all wrong. Leonard is not human, he is the bad fish. Remember. And the rest of the gang are all saints. expecially Sheldon with his kind hearted nature. always there for his friends including the bad fish. To be honest I don't know why Sheldon [emoji56] puts up with
  • Like 1