Season 8 Theories

It's amazing how many people think Sheldon will be gone for 4 months. That seems way too long for me, but I don't know it could happen. I want both Sheldon and Amy to grow during this time apart. I want the middle or end of season 8 to have Sheldon asking Amy to move in with him.

I agree with you that Sheldon being gone 4 months would be too long. If that were the case that would mean that he learned to live by himself and doesn't need anybody to take care of him, so I wouldn't see any issue with Lenny not living with him, but by the same token, if that were the case he would want to live with Amy even less. That being said, I don't think they'll have him gone for four months. Also, unless he lets Lenny know when he'l be back, there could be an issue with 4 A, as far as what to do with it. I don't think any of this is a certainty, but the possibility exists. Hhhhmmmm....food for thought

• Like 1

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are my predictions!   I think again the first episode Sheldon will not be back. I think we may see some odd interactions with people/places that he has gone. We find out where he has gone and t

I would like a two-part episode, similar to how they did it this year.   First episode, shows the hell Sheldon endured throughout his 'journey', however it long it may be.   Second episode, he com

I agree with this.  I think bringing it up in the finale was the final time.  Amy realizes now that she needs to back off and not ask anymore.  I'm sure she knows that if and when he's ready, he'll co

Yeah, I expect him to be gone for a month tops.

Either by then he has learned the rest of the world is a scary place for him, or he has learned to appreciate his friends, as PP suggested.

Or both of course.

• Like 2

Yeah, I expect him to be gone for a month tops.

Either by then he has learned the rest of the world is a scary place for him, or he has learned to appreciate his friends, as PP suggested.

Or both of course.

I see a month or two max. Def not 4 mos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you that Sheldon being gone 4 months would be too long. If that were the case that would mean that he learned to live by himself and doesn't need anybody to take care of him, so I wouldn't see any issue with Lenny not living with him, but by the same token, if that were the case he would want to live with Amy even less. That being said, I don't think they'll have him gone for four months. Also, unless he lets Lenny know when he'l be back, there could be an issue with 4 A, as far as what to do with it. I don't think any of this is a certainty, but the possibility exists. Hhhhmmmm....food for thought

If he is riding the train and has a credit card people will look after him.  The length of time really only depends on how much money he has plus what ever his credit limit is.

Why do people insisting on defending poor writing. The Big. Bang Theory is popular because of humour, I can without a shadow of a doubt in mind say that. Why? It's simple, the characters are shallow, the arcs are non existent, the character development is non existent, hell Leonard and Sheldon have REGRESSED. Remember in the very first Halloween episode,Penny made a drunk pass on him, and his reaction, the amazing reaction, the reaction that made me cheer for Lenny was. "Penny you're to drunk"

Season three his reaction to a drunk Penny was "Let's DO THIS" chest bumps and high fives all around.

As for Penny love life being great.

She's dating Leonard. A Shallow (proven by how he sniped Howard with Stephanie, the 12 hour rocket fuel realsionship with Joyce Kim, his reaction Alex) Petty (The Arctic Fiasco) broken (Mommy issues jealousy issues, his inferiorty complex, and minpulative personality (getting Penny to have sex because of his mother mistreatment)) little man.

So is her love life all that great?

I really don't know what show you are watching. So you are saying that Leonard is shallow? Are you on drugs? Even your carefully chosen examples don't all support your argument, but more importantly they do not paint the whole picture. Actually they do not even paint 25 % of the picture. You have 7 years of Leonard and you pick those examples? Your position is pathetic. As for TBBT having throwaway liens for the sake of humor, yes, we all know that. As for there not being any arcs or character development all I can say is that I don't know what show you're watching.

• Like 3

Okay lets isolate your uncalled for character assanation of Leonard (Lets face it your a deluded Shenny shipper)

- He got her fired from Serial Apist WRONG = Douche director implied Leonard was not good enough for him, Penny stood up for Leonard director didn't like it so he fired her. Transfering blame to Leonard because you clearly have a biast towards disliking his character for what ever reason is just plain idiocy, Penny is a grown adult she takes responsibility for her own actions.

- Got her a car after Sheldon Blindly supported her, because of her simply being a dream = What a bunch of BS, the first thing Sheldon said when she was crying for Leonard in the hallway, was "Your interrupting my game night". Leonard instantly bought her a car to help her in her quest in progression her acting career. As usual Sheldon was an abosolute twit, and looked at Penny's problems through his selfish eyes. Once again your Sheldon and Shenny biast is glaring

- Told her everything he did was for sex = WRONG, they were having a discussion about doing things for the sake of a relationship, Leonard's line about doing everything he did for sex, was a typical thing a guy would say, Leonard is not "NERD" never has been. Leonard dated her for nearly two years, anyone else who haden't spent as much time with her and her friends, reaction and response would be much different. Leonard has always when it came to Penny in her best interest. In S1 he turned her down because she was drunk, if all he wanted to do was have sex with her he would of right then, and that would have been it but he didn't.

- He's the socially awkward guy! Priya had already been cheating on the guy, he went to Penny for a advice. If he was such the passive aggressive ass hole you are painting him as, then he would have no conciouss, and just cheat on Priya. The fact he felt guilty enough to go to his ex, and discuss the pros and cons of it, shows what a good guy he is.

- Of course he was flattered its not often a hot girl hits on a nerd, I am a guy when I can hit on it gives you an ego boost, its a very human thing.

- Stephanie was never on a date with Howard, Howard just thought they were. Howard was so creepy back then can you blame her, Stephanie came on to Leonard, and he ended up feeling so guilty they told Howard, they got him a friend of hers anyway haha.

- Oh what is Raj is father now? They are both grown adults and are perfectly capable of forming a romantic relationship regardless of Raj's dejection or not wanting it to happen. That does make Leonard a bad friend, it makes him human

- Please Sheldon jumped the gun, oh boo hoo Sheldon got betrayed, he deserved it! Can you imagine how obnoxious Sheldon would be locked up with him in Antartica for the entire summer, they did what they had to do, to stop him they made the right call. Saying he Betrayed his best friend, considering how many times Sheldon has delayed his relationship with Penny, Sheldon aint that great of a friend either. But faking data aint a betrayl of friendship in any form.

- Penny's deepest secret? Do you have internet? Well if you do you would realize everyone had already watched it, he already knew about the video since the pilot. If he was such an asshole why didn't he show it for 7 years, yeah I Thought so.

- He caused the failiure of Penny's business? Are you serious the guy with the help of his friends, made her stupid blossoms till 3 in the morning, he put so much effort into helping her. He also got her more business, oh the bastard didn't make a 1000 more petals what an asshole.

- Force an I love you, its an emotion what is he susposed to schedule when Penny is ready or emotionally stable enough to receive three horrible words? He didn't force it, it came out naturally when they were having pillow talk. Penny is the one who broke up with him in a public place, I have already defended Penny for that, but you cannot say Leonard is the bad guy for that, yet act like Penny is all innocent

- This is the biggest glaring of your Shennysyndrome haha, Sheldon has been calling Penny stupid since the pilot, he called her fat one episode. This season he contunusely dissed her from her career, to her education e.tc. As for the community thing it was not Leonard implying Penny was stupid, but it was Sheldons fault. He was the one who put an idea into Penny's head she was not smart enough for Leonard, basically implying shes stupid, yet Leonard's the asshole. Sheldon has been the problem in their entire relationship from the beginning, not Leonard. The psychic thing seriously anyone would call Penny stupid, Leonard said she was being naïve not stupid. Sheldon and Penny want absoloutely nothing from each other, so their dynamic is different then hers with Leonard.

I am sorry but you clearly dislike the character of Leonard, and anyone who goes to an effort to character assinate Leonard is really glaringly a Shenny shipper. Deconstructing the core values of Leonards character and trying to switch it up, and turn it around like its some glaring flaws or Leonard comes across as a great guy but really is passive aggressive, is just utter nonesence and clearly bashing his character and overlooking the actual fundamental reasons for what he said or what he did like I just isolated, its just selective thinking. Why should Leonard appolgize, Sheldon has treated him like dirt Penny too, has he ever apologized of course not.

1. The first time (atleast we see) Leonard went on set she ends up getting fired, no ones at fault. The director was an ass plain and simple. I made a mistake (I rewatched the episode recent) so sorry

2. We're dreamers, Sheldon openly supported her blindly. He had nor reason to. And all you did by pointing out his callous disregard for Penny is show my point of the BBT lacking any form of continuity or character consistency so thank you.

3. Penny says it. BUT Leonard Agreed with it, they were going through things they did. And EVERYTHING came down to SEX for Leonard plain and simple.

4. Socially awkwardness, that gives ME the right to roll around sampling the goods, from anyone who will. Give it up. Leonard is suppose to be the GOOD GUY, he can have moments of weakness (hell those moments make him better) but to go to you ex and try to come out of cheating looking like a rose goes beyond a moment of weakness. He just wanted sex plain and simple, I applauded him walking away, but he still came off as douche for even going to her house/appartment.

4.2 Do you even understand what passive agressive means. It's Indirect hostility through sarcasm rude humour ect. Being passive agressive has nothing to do with his ability to cheat.

5. He preened himself like a peacock. And strutted around like he's a big shot. That's not cool, especially when he has a committed girlfriend. Who cares deeply for him. Trust me when I say, YOU DONT EVER, AND I MEAN NEVER, RESPOND, that means strutting around like you're so great. When you have a committed girlfriend IRL that gets you dumped with the quickness. Especially since his girlfriend was having doubts about him before Alex was introduced. And really the writers where just feeding their little fantasies by having two intelligent attractive women, going after a little passive agressive nerd.

6. The BRO CODE. When one bro gets shot down, get the go ahead before making a move, he sniped Howard plain and simple. Not cool, and a show of how bad a friend Leonard can be.

7. BRO CODE, Never date another bros sister unless he gives the go ahead. And if raj was a Leonard's formed and trusted Leonard enough. Then he would've given the go ahead. Instead Leonard gave Raj the F-U and said "Get on the train or be left behind"

8. THEY KNOW Sheldon, hell Howard even pointed out the shear STUPIDITY of going to arctic with Sheldon. They made their choice, so now guess what DEAL WITH IT. Do your job and pray you can last the 3 months.

8.2 Sheldon delayed their relationship. LOL, Sheldon gave Leonard the incentive to ask Penny out the first time ("I Must point out she did reject you. You didn't ask her out") he gave BOTH of them the encouragement to go out on their second date ("Shrodingers cat") implored Penny to stay with Leonard (yes he tried to play it off as homeostasis BUT "Don't hurt my friend" told the tale) Sheldon did what a good friend would do, help his friend get with the women he cares about, even if he thinks the relationship is ill conceived and built on coitus.

9. Whether or not it was on the internet it was still Penny's darkest secret. And his willingness to show EVERYONE on that boat, is a little a-hole move. She's not his object to be showed off, heck being happy being with your girlfriend is ok (I show my family and friends pictures of my GFs, and hell most people with a significant other do the same). But showing them a nude scene is NOT ok.

10. SHELDON was the one to help her, Leonard Raj and Howard came afterwards. And it was his Idiotic "Let's compete with amazons one day rush delivery" service that caused their failure. Not only that BUT the dumbass didn't immediately disable the next day rush after the 1000 Penny blossom order came through. As for the inevitable "Oh they where hair berrets, they wouldn't make a profitable business". You're wrong, we never saw the fruition of Penny Blossom, for all we know she could've started to design shirts that go with the blossom, and the they big, which leads her towards design a full line clothes. Instead we got her failing because of Leonard (not hers she was smart) mistake.

11. Pillow talk, it accidently happened when Leonard got jealous of Penny's classmate. And in s4 he did try to force an I Love You, yes Wils lies helped push Penny towards the break up, but Leonard insistence of an I love you played its part also.

12. Sheldon calls EVERYONE stupid, no one is as intelligent as Sheldon. That is part of his character. As for him calling. Penny fat, he actually implied she would get fat ("I seen pictures of your mother. Keep eating") if she kept eating the amount of food she does. But that's beside the point, Sheldon is raised to believe himself the smartest person on the planet. He never had proper social interaction. People either ing rode or bullied him. He had an over religious mom, and drunk father. And idiots for family members.

12.2 Sheldon WAS NOT the one to imply Penny was to stupid for Leonard. LEONARD was proud of the schools he attended and made Penny to feel inferior to Leonard. And then rather then calming her down, He hands her a college pamphlet.

12.3 Leonard laughed in. Penny's face because she had a completely different beliefs then him. He was being an ass plain and simple.

Could be, but I really hope we don't get another 3/4 of a season where Amy wants to move forward and Sheldon slams the brakes. It really depends on what the writers have "planned" for the two main couples.

And it's gonna be important if Sheldon comes back as a changed man, or as a man who's open for change, which is big difference. I expect the latter.

I don't think Sheldon will come a changed man, but if the trip has the effect we think it will have, I think he will have STARTED to change, and also more accepting of his need to.

• Like 3

they aren't into rant dolts they just aren't all the mature. All the relasionships in this show revolve around this sex.They don't have any smart attractive (that stupid voice they gave Bernadette is a turnoff, Amy's costume design sucks). They don't grasp a consistent story arcs, or a proper continuity (look at HiMYM for a show with all those things) they don't grasp character development (don't give me this BS oh Sheldon has......, Leonard is so much more......) the only character who has grown since the beginning of this show is Howard (forced kicking and screaming by Bernadette) who is pretty much worthless at this point. And Raj (He can talk to women. Took 5 years to long) who is going the way of Howard and will be useless by the middle of s8

When I saw what the above quoted post, I was going to answer you, but seeing just how ignorant it is, I deem it worthless. The post is completely pathetic. I also don't understand who do you think you are stating you ropinions as indisputable truths, or why you come to forums that more than anything are an exchange of opinions and points of view when yours seem so un-movable.

• Like 2

When I saw what the above quoted post, I was going to answer you, but seeing just how ignorant it is, I deem it worthless. The post is completely pathetic. I also don't understand who do you think you are stating you ropinions as indisputable truths, or why you come to forums that more than anything are an exchange of opinions and points of view when yours seem so un-movable.

I clearly reply to people if I thought my opinion was fact I would make one post and back away. And as for unmovable views, the BBT fandom is the KING of unmovable views. You either think. Leonard's and amazing sweet likeable character, Penny is an idiot who should worship Leonard, Amy changed Sheldon for the better, and Sheldon is basically an unredeemable ass. Shamy Lenny and Howadette. Or GTFO. There's no room for debate, or for not liking one character. The Big Bang theory is perfect and if you don't thinks it is, you're an ignorant worthless person. Who probaly ships Shenny.

So does that sum up any future replies or are you going insult me personally

Edited by sECUREij

Raj was so creepy with trying to control who Priya should date and stuff... definitely not a reason to insult Leonard. If anything it is a reason to call out Raj. She is a grown woman. He can't control her. I applaud Leonard for dating her despite Raj protesting.

Sure Leonard might have broken a bro code but Raj and Howard did the same thing to each other multiple times in an episode The Terminator Decoupling and they were even better friends than Howard and Leonard. Also Howard and Stephanie weren't even officialy on a date.

If his relationship with Priya was working good he wouldn't even consider dating with Alice, in season six he didn't even realize that Alex was hiting on him. His relationship with Priya was already unsalvageable and he knew that but struggled to accept it because he always wanted a committed relationship. Alice was good looking, had similar interests like he and found him sweet, he became interested in Alice and didn't know what to do.

I agree that it wasn't completely Sheldon's fault with what happened on that expedition... they decided to to knowing how difficult to handle he can be, but Howard and Raj also took part in that, not just Leonard, why are so many people blaiming that on him? Also they all apologized for doing what they did.

Also please please don't defend Beverly. You say that Leonard would never grow into a character that we all know and love without her acting the way he did but we will never know that. The only thing we will only always know is that she abused her own child for years for purposes of scientific research.

• Like 1

Everyone needs to cool down.   I have hidden several posts and edited out some comments.   Remember, we discuss the ideas, not get personal with the people who post the ideas.  

• Like 4

I don't think Sheldon will be gone all that long--and if he's still not home when S8 begins, I'm sure we'll see him via Skype (because Jim's contract calls for him to be in every episode) and then he'll be home by the 3rd episode at the latest.

I don't know if they'll do a big homecoming or what, but I don't think that matters that much.

And I don't think that Sheldon's time away has anything to do with him "learning to appreciate his friends"--his running away had nothing to do with whether or not he appreciated anybody, but with his inability to deal with so many changes raining down on him at the same time.

He said he was overwhelmed--by all the changes, not by anything having to do with his relationships with Amy or the others.  He said he needed time to think--he needs to think about the changes and perhaps what he can or cannot do in terms of dealing with them.  He needs time to calm down and contemplate how the changes will affect him and what he wants to do--especially when it comes to his living arrangements.  And also with his career.  If he can't convince the university to let him change fields, will he really leave the university, or will he resign himself to continuing in String Theory.

Those are the dilemmas and decisions he faces and the things he needs to think about while he's away.  Away from the daily pressures of work (in a field he's now frustrated over), of looming changes on the homefront (who's going to move where and whether or not he wants to try to live alone, etc.), and to some degree what Amy said (can he imagine living with her and under what circumstances, or is it simply too early for him to consider it?)

None of those topics has to do with "learning to appreciate" anyone, but simply learning to deal with things that are not entirely in his control.  Just learning to accept some things.

We've seen that he can adapt to some degree, given enough time and the right circumstances, but we also know that he hates change that he doesn't initiate or that doesn't work in his favor.

He now has to decide whether or not he can find some positive aspects in this sea of change and come up with some way to deal with it.

• Like 4

I clearly reply to people if I thought my opinion was fact I would make one post and back away. And as for unmovable views, the BBT fandom is the KING of unmovable views. You either think. Leonard's and amazing sweet likeable character, Penny is an idiot who should worship Leonard, Amy changed Sheldon for the better, and Sheldon is basically an unredeemable ass. Shamy Lenny and Howadette. Or GTFO. There's no room for debate, or for not liking one character. The Big Bang theory is perfect and if you don't thinks it is, you're an ignorant worthless person. Who probaly ships Shenny.

So does that sum up any future replies or are you going insult me personally

No, I don't think TBBT is perfect, but I try to base my opinions on fact, and if I decide to present facts I try to paint the whole picture, for fairness sake. I think that in trying to present your views, you systematically try to pick out ONLY the facts that support your conclusion, and leave out the ones that don't, and that's the reason for my characterization of your post.As for the future no, I do NOT intend to insult you personally, nor was that ever my intention, even if some of your opinions do seem far fetched and unfair. As fair as using the forum as a place to exchange ideas and opinions, perhaps I should have made clear that that is what I use it for, and not necessarily everybody.

• Like 2

That's exactly right, Carlos. In spite of what some people seem to think, NO ONE is keeping anyone from presenting their opinion--Tripper and any moderator, past or present, will back that statement up--but with that being said, if you don't base your opinion on facts (real facts, not imaginary facts pulled out of the deepest depths of your ass), others will call you out on it (at which point, of course, such disagreement will be incorrectly labeled as "personal attacks" by people with skin that's far too thin). Post something that's the factual equivalent of sparkly unicorns farting rainbows, and you're going to be asked what kind of drugs you're taking and where they can be obtained, because they obviously put you on a really freaky trip...

• Like 2

That's exactly right, Carlos. In spite of what some people seem to think, NO ONE is keeping anyone from presenting their opinion--Tripper and any moderator, past or present, will back that statement up--but with that being said, if you don't base your opinion on facts (real facts, not imaginary facts pulled out of the deepest depths of your ass), others will call you out on it (at which point, of course, such disagreement will be incorrectly labeled as "personal attacks" by people with skin that's far too thin). Post something that's the factual equivalent of sparkly unicorns farting rainbows, and you're going to be asked what kind of drugs you're taking and where they can be obtained, because they obviously put you on a really freaky trip...

Unicorn farts are highly hallucinagenic.

Or so I've been told.

• Like 1

All of the characters have exhibited cringe-worthy behavior over the 7 seasons, usually exaggerated for a laugh. Sometimes they redeem themselves, sometimes we just let it go and sometimes they forgive each other and we forgive them just like in real life.  Leonard is my favorite character and his behavior has occasionally made me cringe. He's my favorite based on an emotional response, more than a logical one. He's the only one to make me cry. I love his sense of humor. I find his devotion to Penny wonderful. And , he's just so damn cute.

"The heart wants what the heart wants."

Beverly is the perfect mother for Leonard, otherwise he would have become a rapper (with respect for the police) and achieved nothing professionally...just like Penny haha

...because his mother was the "thing" that stopped him from being a rapper? :read::laugh:

Perhaps his mother was what actually led to his interest in rapping.

Edited by djsurrey

1. The first time (atleast we see) Leonard went on set she ends up getting fired, no ones at fault. The director was an ass plain and simple. I made a mistake (I rewatched the episode recent) so sorry

2. We're dreamers, Sheldon openly supported her blindly. He had nor reason to. And all you did by pointing out his callous disregard for Penny is show my point of the BBT lacking any form of continuity or character consistency so thank you.

3. Penny says it. BUT Leonard Agreed with it, they were going through things they did. And EVERYTHING came down to SEX for Leonard plain and simple.

4. Socially awkwardness, that gives ME the right to roll around sampling the goods, from anyone who will. Give it up. Leonard is suppose to be the GOOD GUY, he can have moments of weakness (hell those moments make him better) but to go to you ex and try to come out of cheating looking like a rose goes beyond a moment of weakness. He just wanted sex plain and simple, I applauded him walking away, but he still came off as douche for even going to her house/appartment.

4.2 Do you even understand what passive agressive means. It's Indirect hostility through sarcasm rude humour ect. Being passive agressive has nothing to do with his ability to cheat.

5. He preened himself like a peacock. And strutted around like he's a big shot. That's not cool, especially when he has a committed girlfriend. Who cares deeply for him. Trust me when I say, YOU DONT EVER, AND I MEAN NEVER, RESPOND, that means strutting around like you're so great. When you have a committed girlfriend IRL that gets you dumped with the quickness. Especially since his girlfriend was having doubts about him before Alex was introduced. And really the writers where just feeding their little fantasies by having two intelligent attractive women, going after a little passive agressive nerd.

6. The BRO CODE. When one bro gets shot down, get the go ahead before making a move, he sniped Howard plain and simple. Not cool, and a show of how bad a friend Leonard can be.

7. BRO CODE, Never date another bros sister unless he gives the go ahead. And if raj was a Leonard's formed and trusted Leonard enough. Then he would've given the go ahead. Instead Leonard gave Raj the F-U and said "Get on the train or be left behind"

8. THEY KNOW Sheldon, hell Howard even pointed out the shear STUPIDITY of going to arctic with Sheldon. They made their choice, so now guess what DEAL WITH IT. Do your job and pray you can last the 3 months.

8.2 Sheldon delayed their relationship. LOL, Sheldon gave Leonard the incentive to ask Penny out the first time ("I Must point out she did reject you. You didn't ask her out") he gave BOTH of them the encouragement to go out on their second date ("Shrodingers cat") implored Penny to stay with Leonard (yes he tried to play it off as homeostasis BUT "Don't hurt my friend" told the tale) Sheldon did what a good friend would do, help his friend get with the women he cares about, even if he thinks the relationship is ill conceived and built on coitus.

9. Whether or not it was on the internet it was still Penny's darkest secret. And his willingness to show EVERYONE on that boat, is a little a-hole move. She's not his object to be showed off, heck being happy being with your girlfriend is ok (I show my family and friends pictures of my GFs, and hell most people with a significant other do the same). But showing them a nude scene is NOT ok.

10. SHELDON was the one to help her, Leonard Raj and Howard came afterwards. And it was his Idiotic "Let's compete with amazons one day rush delivery" service that caused their failure. Not only that BUT the dumbass didn't immediately disable the next day rush after the 1000 Penny blossom order came through. As for the inevitable "Oh they where hair berrets, they wouldn't make a profitable business". You're wrong, we never saw the fruition of Penny Blossom, for all we know she could've started to design shirts that go with the blossom, and the they big, which leads her towards design a full line clothes. Instead we got her failing because of Leonard (not hers she was smart) mistake.

11. Pillow talk, it accidently happened when Leonard got jealous of Penny's classmate. And in s4 he did try to force an I Love You, yes Wils lies helped push Penny towards the break up, but Leonard insistence of an I love you played its part also.

12. Sheldon calls EVERYONE stupid, no one is as intelligent as Sheldon. That is part of his character. As for him calling. Penny fat, he actually implied she would get fat ("I seen pictures of your mother. Keep eating") if she kept eating the amount of food she does. But that's beside the point, Sheldon is raised to believe himself the smartest person on the planet. He never had proper social interaction. People either ing rode or bullied him. He had an over religious mom, and drunk father. And idiots for family members.

12.2 Sheldon WAS NOT the one to imply Penny was to stupid for Leonard. LEONARD was proud of the schools he attended and made Penny to feel inferior to Leonard. And then rather then calming her down, He hands her a college pamphlet.

12.3 Leonard laughed in. Penny's face because she had a completely different beliefs then him. He was being an ass plain and simple.

Eh, I got some time to kill. :boredom:

2. Talk is cheap, a car is not. I believe the motto is "Deeds, not words." And you conveniently ignore the scene where Sheldon does nothing for Penny with a real crisis because it's interfering with his gaming.

3. But he didn't mean it. That's just your self-serving interpretation

4. Many people have considered cheating. Doesn't make them evil, just human. And the point is, Leonard didn't go through with it because he's not that kind of guy. But Priya is that kind of girl, apparently.

4.2. Everybody on the show has done this at one point or another, including the one that supposedly doesn't "get" sarcasm. Guess they're all passive aggressive. By the way, are you a psychologist? If no, then why should we value your opinion on this over that of anyone else.

5. If you look up "hyperbole" in the dictionary, this paragraph will appear as the definition.

6 and 7. The bro code? Seriously? This isn't Jersey Shore. The bro code exists only in the infantile minds of misogynist, muscle-bound morons who think women are property. Leonard, Priya and Stephanie are all intelligent adults and can choose for themselves who the want a relationship with.

8. They went on the expedition because Sheldon is their friend. They saved the original data and refrained from causing him bodily harm for the same reason. Sheldon still jumped the gun.

8.2. Sheldon has been disparaging about L/P's relationship many times.

9. If it's on the internet, it ain't a secret. She didn't seem particularly bothered about people knowing about it in season 7.

10. Point is, they all pitched in. And Leonard was trying to help her. You make it sound like he intentionally sabotaged the business. Your last sentence is mere speculation with no basis.

11. Accidentally? So she didn't mean it or all the I love you's since then? He wanted her to reciprocate the I love you because he loves her and wants to know that she loves him too. What an evil, evil man!

12. I have an IQ somewhat north of 140. A number of my friends do not. I do not call them stupid to their faces, nor behind their backs. Sheldon has no excuse for being an asshole.

12.2. He hasn't implied it, but expressed it explicitly on multiple occasions, as well as other insults.

12.3. An exaggeration. See my hyperbole comment earlier on.

edited for a silly spelling error

Edited by gsxdoug
  • Like 2

So your at it again ignoring anyone who has some logic on the character of Leonard, yet emotions seem to distorting posts again. Once again Deconstructing anything Leonard has ever done or said to suit your ethology and agenda, is just selective thinking. I am not saying BBT is perfect nor are any of the characters, it just seems this thread has spiralled out of control, from S8 Theories too Attack Leonard S8 Theories haha. I am not saying any of the stuff you isolated that Leonard did not do those things, its just you have deconstructed the things he susposidly did to make him out to be a bad guy. No one's accusing anyone of being biast to what ever everyones entitled to have their own views, being argumental is not being argumental for the sake of it, it is a discussion site the whole point is too have opposing opinions, it would be boring if everyone had the same opinion. I am not going to bother to argue the attack on the character of Leonard again it achieves nothing. But as for the psychic thing yes Leonard laughed at Penny, but your acting like Leonard is the only passive aggressive character in the show, I could list a ton of things that paint Sheldon, or Penny, or Raj, Or Howard to be passive aggressive, but I won't because they are not horrible characters, they are not perfect  they are human. Leonard ain't some serial killer in secret lol, his behaviour does not pre determine him being a AH, he is a nerdy guy who has grown a lot over the course of the series regardless what anyone says, nothing well change that.  

Edited by 3ku11

I think there might be a grand re-opening of Stuart's comic book store, perhaps for the season premiere.

Please no, they finally have a chance to "get rid" of him once and for all.

I think there might be a grand re-opening of Stuart's comic book store, perhaps for the season premiere.

I don't see this. Maybe mid season but the burning down of the comic book store is symbolic. It shows the ending of youth has these 4 guys are growing up (while Sheldon is the last to accept this as we know)

It will return but not right away

• Like 1

I'd like the comic book store to stay, just because they are "growing up" doesn't mean they can't have fun

I know a man in his 50's who recently converted his attic into s gigantic train track set for his own personal use

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 2