The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tripper

8 Simple Rules

Who here is a fan of 8 Simple Rules? The show of course starred Kaley Cuoco - Penny from The Big Bang Theory.

I loved that tv show too and i've been watching my 8 Simple Rules the first complete season and i just finished watching disc one of my 8 simple rules dvd set now i can move on to disc number 2 its a real groovy dvd set and i just love watching my Favorite tv star Kaley Cuoco Kaley Rocks Kaley Rules Kaley Cuoco is Number 1

I loved that program that was my favorite tv show and i loved watching Kaley Cuoco she was my number one tv star on that program :icon_cool:

I adore this show! Ironically I started watching it only because it came on ABC Family before Grounded for Life. Then in college I went to dinner every night when Grounded for Life came on, but I would still turn on ABC Family before dinner. Eventually I realized I liked 8 Simple Rules better than Grounded for Life. It was better with the dad, but I still enjoy seasons 2 and 3. :) CJ and the grandpa are hilarious! And Rory astounds me. Little brothers definitely tattle on their older siblings, but Rory will go out of his way to learn dirt on Bridget and Kerry. He hid in the laundry hamper in the basement in one episode! lol

I remember that episode too that was pretty Groovy but I can't remember what the name of that episode was

i'm a HUGE fan of david Spade. so i loved every episode where he was present. he really stole the show every time!

-also, the grandaddy figure is great.

but i did not find anything funny about the show when the daddy was still up, and David spade was not around.

I loved 8 Simple Rules....I was very sad when John Ritter passed away :(....It must have been hard to continue doing the show after such a loss.

Just noticed this thread. Loved John Ritter and I feel this show had so much potential to last so much longer before he passed.

I loved that show! I want to buy the series. It wasn't the same after Paul (John Ritter) died. What a great loss in the movie/television industry. Although, It was great having James Garner and David Spade on it. James is a legend, but John was the heart of that show.

Edited by ShennyxBazinga

was watching the show today,bridget was studying psychology for

her class(sound like 7x4 tbbt) who was the directed--mark cendrowski

I really wish they would bring out the DVDs. I think when John Ritter passed away it took away the focus of the show, it was about a guy who didn't like guys dating his daughters, when the grandpa and cousin came in it became a different show. I think a lot of people saw it as "Post-John Ritter" rather than a show in itself, and that's why the ratings went down :(

I really wish that they would release the third and final season of the series on DVD!  Why aren't they playing up Kaley's popularity on "The Big Bang Theory"? I always thought they could have cross-promoted this, while Katey Sagal was still starring in "Sons of Anarchy," or after the sad passing of James Garner. Even if sales were lower for the second season, I can't believe they wouldn't release the final season on DVD. (Fortunately, I have all 24, season 3 episodes on my DVR.) Surely, sales of all three seasons would rise, if the third season were made available! Come on, Lionsgate!

Always thought Penny was just Bridget all grown up, or not grown up as it were at times haha. Bridget was my first crush when I was like 16 haha. And Kaley I think was 18 or so. 

• Like 1

On 06/07/2016 at 3:50 PM, 3ku11 said:

Always thought Penny was just Bridget all grown up, or not grown up as it were at times haha.

I kind of saw it like that when TBBT was still new (even if it does not quite mesh).

I'm still fanboying over the fact that Katey Sagal is playing Penny's mother on TBBT. My love for both series has gone full circle! TV worlds are colliding, people! :)

• Like 1