What Character Or " Thing " Annoys You ?

AceMackenzie9

We all Love The Big Bang Theory , but what character/person annoys you the most ? or is it  that Penny still doesn't have a last name ?  Or maybe you can't stand how much of a uber jerk Sheldon is ?. Do you really hate Lucy ?  Does it bother you that you have never seen Howard's mom ? Anything ? Discuss .....

Edited by AceMackenzie9
  • Like 1

We all Love The Big Bang Theory , but what character/person annoys you the most ? or is it  that Penny still doesn't have a last name ?  Or maybe you can't stand how much of a uber jerk Sheldon is ?. Do you really hate Lucy ?  Does it bother you that you have never seen Howard's mom ? Anything ? Discuss .....

That the scientists(Sheldon excluded) all act like they are don't make any money when they are friends with a starving artists. Than always talk about how they want to mooch off of raj and his family. I dislike that type of attitude. Also I don't see how Howard still lives with his mother if he has a job as an Engineer. You think he would make enough to move out and he still stays with her when he gets a girlfriend I mean you think that would have been the wake up call to get out of the house. I mean it would make sense if maybe he was having issues getting work but he got work and that is a good job not like a busboy or something like that. 

OK Howard doesn't live with his mother! He lives with Bernadette and has done so since the start of season 6

Also again apart from penny who is nearly always poor, the others are fine with regards to money

Sheldon has pots if it especially

Yes, and how long did it take him to move out even after dating her? He should have moved out far before that! I am surprised Bernadette was willing to put up with that. 

Edited by SheldonCooperFan

Yes, and how long did it take him to move out even after dating her? He should have moved out far before that! I am surprised Bernadette was willing to put up with that. 

I don't get this.  I lived with my parents until I got married to my wife.  Why should he have moved out?

• Like 3

Leonard passive agressive needy whiney clingy mommy issue

Amy in season 5 and 6 was soooo annoying, her constant sex jokes, and Penny lesbian jokes. And has BY far the worst "Joke" her putting her scent on shit in Sheldon and Penny apartment/office.

The lack of a consistent continuity

The lack of proper character growth/development

Useless characters, howadette I'm looking at you.

To name a few

• Like 3

- I really don't like Raj's nasty streak.

- Bernadette is sometimes too nasty to Howard.

- Penny really needs to realise if she wants to be with Leonard or not.

- Some of the jokes are sometimes too childish and remind me too much of Two and a Half Men.

- Sheldon's obsession with cleanliness. I don't mind his need for things to be clean (I completely understand this), I just think it can be inconsistent. I don't think someone who is so obsessed with germs would happily touch public door handles without having some sort of antibacterial spray or gel.

• Like 1

The one thing that arches over it all for me is that they are so often inconsistent with the characters. Sheldon, Leonard, and Penny especially get yanked around to suit whatever joke the writers think of. Is Sheldon well meaning but clueless, or.consciously cruel? Is Penny a lazy drunk slut or a nice girl through and through? And on and on.

The lazy writers cannot keep consistent character traits. Plenty of other show do it with little trouble. No punch line is too small, any chance at a laugh is worth ruining a character.

• Like 1

I'd have to agree with some others here ,

1) with the exception of Penny ,they should not have a desire to mooch off Raj , or even have a concern of money ,anyone with a Doctorate in CA should be making more then 45k a year. They all live in reasonable priced apartments. they can all buy take out food , and reasonable priced collectables with no problem. (also collectables would be an future investment)

2) stop making RaJ so effeminate. Be a man dammint ! , Especially if your going to date Emily ,Lucy or other women. I mean Rag is the only one invited to Ladies Night Out and loves to shop at Bed bath and Beyond.

3) I guess its become more solid now - but Penny needs to be in or out of a the relationship with Leonard , and I hear next episode she is going to reevaluate her relationship again with Leonard again!

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 1

never noticed they dont eat on TV , but if it was prop or old food , no wonder they dont eat it 

Update : i did watch closey as the gang was arounf the table , We do see Amy eating chinese food.(for a sec as others are taking)

Edited by AceMackenzie9

I'd have to agree with some others here ,

1) with the exception of Penny ,they should not have a desire to mooch off Raj , or even have a concern of money ,anyone with a Doctorate in CA should be making more then 45k a year. They all live in reasonable priced apartments. they can all buy take out food , and reasonable priced collectables with no problem. (also collectables would be an future investment)

2) stop making RaJ so effeminate. Be a man dammint ! , Especially if your going to date Emily ,Lucy or other women. I mean Rag is the only one invited to Ladies Night Out and loves to shop at Bed bath and Beyond.

3) I guess its become more solid now - but Penny needs to be in or out of a the relationship with Leonard , and I hear next episode she is going to reevaluate her relationship again with Leonard again!

I don't understand why she would have to steal from Sheldon. Its already been established he is more than happy to lend her money and does not care when she returns it.

i dont think Penny would steal from Sheldon , Sheldon would give the money if needed . But according to the last epidose she does steal from Leonard.while he was asleep. (to buy him a birthday present) I also think Leonard would just give her money too , she doesnt have to steal it.

- I really don't like Raj's nasty streak.

- Bernadette is sometimes too nasty to Howard.

- Penny really needs to realise if she wants to be with Leonard or not.

- Some of the jokes are sometimes too childish and remind me too much of Two and a Half Men.

- Sheldon's obsession with cleanliness. I don't mind his need for things to be clean (I completely understand this), I just think it can be inconsistent. I don't think someone who is so obsessed with germs would happily touch public door handles without having some sort of antibacterial spray or gel.

He does. There was an episode where Sheldon revealed all of sheldons hiding spots for his sanitizer and he even carrys one on his person. He also wont touch other peoples hands without a napkin. So it is consistant. He has like 7 places he hides a bottle of sanitizer at. 

Something that drives me crazy is when they make Penny out to be a bad girlfriend. Now apparently she lies to Leonard all the time and steals money from him.

They play these things for laughs, but once I start thinking Penny is stealing from her boyfriend, and is apparently dishonest on a number of issues, it makes me want him to dump her. Those are big transgressions!

Memory fails at the moment but she often makes fun of him in a really mean spirited way, and I know has done other stuff that seems really out of character. And stop making her a lush who can't use glue!

• Like 1

That no matter what thread I read someone is obsessing over Penny being a thief

The "pathetic Raj" storyline

Making Penny look stupid ( from Penny Blossom creator to I can't use glue)

The loss of science focus at the expense of romance

Sheldon as a baby/dog

Not following up stories ( Leonard's Hawking experience, Penny's college attempt, Yvette's interest in Raj)

• Like 2