What Character Or " Thing " Annoys You ?

AceMackenzie9

I disagree that Amy has no sex appeal.

I couldn't agree more, Stephen, and I am a heterosexual woman.  

Amy is beautiful and sexy in her own way.   Besides her brilliance, she is confident, and that is a turn-on for some men.  Not everyone wants Barbie in their bedroom, some prefer Skipper.

I don't think she has always been this way, but by hanging out with Penny and Bernie, she has accepted herself as a woman with needs and lost some of her social awkwardness, which has allowed her to shine while still holding true to her conservative nature.

She wears Victoria Secret.   That says a lot about how she feels about herself.  IMO, women don't typically spend that kind of money on sexy lingerie unless they feel beautiful in it.  She masterbates and has no problem admitting to it.   She writes romantic fiction.  She is definitely sexual, and some men are intrigued by what a woman like Amy might be hiding behind a "seemingly" pious (for lack of a better term) exterior.

She just hasn't had the opportunity yet to share it with a man.  I think Sheldon will bring it out of her when they finally do start engaging in coitus.

As far as her "lesbian side," I don't think it is wrong for a heterosexual woman to admire the beauty of another woman.    I do it all the time, but it doesn't make me want to go to bed with one.   However, I would be lying if I didn't admit to having been curious a few times in my younger life.

So, I totally get it when I read your comments about wanting her legs wrapped around you three times.   It's commendable that you see an appeal in her that others don't.   I see it too, but I'll let you do the drooling.  

Edited by jenafan

She wears Victoria Secret..  

And looks awesome in a short, tartan skirt, and white blouse.

BTW. Who's Sklpper, other than the chief of a ship/boat?

and some men are intrigued by what a woman like Amy might be hiding behind a "seemingly" pious (for lack of a better term) exterior.

We know what's under her cardigan. :icon_wink: 

And looks awesome in a short, tartan skirt, and white blouse.

BTW. Who's Sklpper, other than the chief of a ship/boat?

We know what's under her cardigan. :icon_wink: 

Skipper was another version of Barbie that was created in 1964 to be Barbie's younger sister.   She wasn't considered as pretty as Barbie in the beginning, being shorter with darker hair and older in appearance, etc.     The attempt was to domestic Barbie.    Today, the whole concept has changed.

Regarding Amy and Sheldon, I portray them in my FF as being pretty uninhibited in the bedroom together.   I think Amy is a hidden wild one and Sheldon is just itching to let loose a side of himself that he has repressed for so many years.   With all his attempts to control his emotions and feelings, I figured I could give them the ability to be something else that others don't see behind closed doors.  In my imagination, he likes to role play and of course they both like experimentation.   I read a fanfic recently where they were writing sexual positions algorithms on a white board that Leonard found.   I thought it was hilarious!

While not really annoyed, the portrayal of Amy and Sheldon as being naïve teenage-like adults who don't have a clue about sex rubs me the wrong way.   Yes, they have no experience, but I think both are quite capable of figuring it out and enjoying it.   I always thought it would be ironic that out of the four of them, Shamy end up with the most satisfying sex life.    Sheldon because he grasps at trying to be good at everything he does and will put knowledge he has gathered to good use, and Amy because she is secretly a wild woman who is game for anything that Sheldon may suggest doing and vice versa.

It has always bothered me that Penny describes Leonard as being okay, but I guess she has a lot of basis for comparison.

Edited by jenafan

being shorter with darker hair and older in appearance, etc.

So, much like Amy to Penny? :) 

Regarding Amy and Sheldon, I portray them in my FF as being pretty uninhibited in the bedroom together.

Me too, at least once they have got past their initial nervousness/shyness.

• Like 1

So, much like Amy to Penny? :) 

Exactly.   It was 4 in the morning when I commented on your post.   I was grasping for comparisons before going back to bed.   Glad you understood what I was getting it.  Thanks for clarifying the three hour thing.  I remembered liking your post but didn't remember exactly what you said.

and Sheldon is just itching to let loose a side of himself that he has repressed for so many years.

He's a scientist, so endlessly curious.

Show him a female orgasm, and he's going to want to replicate it, as any scientist worth the name, would. :icon_biggrin: 

Another cardigan  :lol: :lol: 

Got it in one. :icon_biggrin: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

He's a scientist, so endlessly curious.

Show him a female orgasm, and he's going to want to replicate it, as any scientist worth the name, would. :icon_biggrin: 

Haha,   Glad you see exactly what I see.   Once the damn of initial coitus is broken, I think Amy will see a totally different side to Sheldon that she didn't expect, and one that makes up for all his freaking annoyances,  not to imply that she should only be with him because of good sex.  That would be wrong, but it's a nice fringe benefit to the relationship.

The nice thing is that because we won't see this on screen, only implications and a couple of shots with them in the bed together, FF writers can portray their bedroom antics and make it plausible.   I describe Shamy's sex life as their private sandbox.   As such, it can be whatever I want.

Edited by jenafan

Once the damn of initial coitus is broken, I think Amy will see a totally different side to Sheldon that she didn't expect.

I agree.

In most of my fics, once Sheldon has popped his cherry, he can't get enough of Amy's body.

Then again, who could? :icon_biggrin: 

The nice thing is that because we won't see this on screen, only implications and a couple of shots with them in the bed together, FF writers can portray their bedroom antics and make it plausible.

Even before onscreen coitus, FF writers are portraying some very interesting (read H-O-T) bedroom antics.

As such, it can be whatever I want.

I'm guessing you want it kolobok_heat.gif ?

• Like 1

I'm guessing you want it kolobok_heat.gif ?

Damn skippy, my friend.    I write for myself first, and portray the things I want to happen.   Knowing my audience enjoys my interpretation is just an added benefit that motivates me to keep writing, adding chapters, etc.

So in essence, the shows writers are doing the same thing.   They are telling the story they want to tell, and we can either ride along with them or jump off the track.   Right now, until they bring Shamy back, I'm in between the car and the track.

I couldn't agree more, Stephen, and I am a heterosexual woman.  

Amy is beautiful and sexy in her own way.   Besides her brilliance, she is confident, and that is a turn-on for some men.  Not everyone wants Barbie in their bedroom, some prefer Skipper.

I'd say Amy skews more toward Gladys Ormphby than  either Barbie or Skipper but even Gladys had her "Dirty Old Man" Tyrone F. Horneigh chasing after her so your point still holds.

I imagine when Sheldon finally punches his V-card he may become a satyr, at least at first. His disdain for sex with no empirical evidence of his own has always seemed unscientific to me.

Edited by Cereal Apist
  • Like 1

Guest sladenoddy

biased .... lol...

the post that you and I quoted .... had the list of the things that leonard has done in the show.....

if that is biased....then yeah I am biased.....

I just commented on one aspect of that list not the whole lot

* Stolen rocket fuel to impress a girl who turned out to be a North Korean spy. (Got away with it)

* Blew up the elevator using illegally the stolen rocket fuel. I know some will say that was technically Sheldon, but if Leonard hadn’t been showing off to Howard & Raj and actually put it back after having such a close call with Joyce Kim, Sheldon wouldn’t have had to quickly think about a way to save their lives. (Got away with it)

He can't use his own elevator, that doesn't qualify.  Also Howard has gotten away with PLENTY on this show.  Yet I don't see you crucifying him.

* Conspired with Howard & Raj to knowingly falsify another scientist’s work while on a NSF funded expedition Interesting side note, if you look up NSF Grant fraud, motives include: Conflict of Interest, Recent project failure associated with a specific individuals, Personal animosity or professional jealousy. (Got away with it, convinced Sheldon it was really all his fault, and was rewarded for this behavior by “sealing the deal” with Penny)

You mean trying to keep Sheldon from being a pain in the ass in the north pole?  Also it WAS Sheldon's fault for BEING a pain in the ass that LEAD HIS FRIENDS to do what they did.  If he hadn't have been a pain in the ass, THEY wouldn't have done that.  It's ultimately Sheldon's fault.

* Went into Penny’s computer and rewrote her History paper (Penny gets mad & doesn’t talk to him for a couple days)

He admitted he was wrong eventually, and also got his comeuppance.

* Showed the naked video of Penny from her “movie” to a ship full of relative strangers, just to brag that he’s dating a “hot” girl (Got away with it) this one is particularly awful since he knows how Penny feels about men “sharing” details about relationships (Season 1 – The Tangerine Factor)

That movie was available for the world to see, and he's not the one that filmed her.  Penny had no expectation of privacy once she filmed that movie, she had a right to have an expectation of privacy with the Mike situation.

* Forgets to return a video

Is this one a joke?

* Doesn’t support his girlfriend after her part gets cut (apologizes, begs her not to dump him or he’ll cry. Penny ends up saying he was right and the fight was her fault). Doesn’t support his girlfriend when she decides that she needs to give 100% to becoming an actress (Pretends to support her, but doesn’t) Gets caught that he doesn’t support her (tries to make it her fault for not talking to him before making a big change, Both know they aren’t on the same page in the relationship, but Sheldon interrupts them solving anything & by next episode, it’s like it never happened)

I'm gonna leave my go to response for this eyerolling claim EVERY TIME I see it:

"That criticism always makes me roll my eyes.  Saying Leonard wasn't supportive of her dreams is bs, he wasn't 100% supportive of the reckless way she was going about pursuing them.  THAT'S A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE.  And lets be honest, Sheldon had NO CLUE about the nuances of what Penny was doing, nor did he put much thought in to them.  But Leonard didn't want to throw away everything he and Penny worked hard to build with each other over the last few years, over a couple bad days/decisions.  While he didn't 100% agree with her decisions, it's important to note that HE DIDN'T FORCE HER to do anything.  He let her come to her senses.  Which SHE DID eventually."

I believe once he saw her regretting NOT taking any work she could get in Serial Apeist 2, he saw that she wanted to COMMIT to this.  Which in turn prompted him to buy her the car (that and he loves her).  The fact that he was willing to be with her through this ON HER WORST DAYS and backed her up EVEN when he didn't agree with her, shows he was commited to her.

Also your significant other is not always there to tell you what you WANT TO HEAR.  Sometimes they are there to tell you what you NEED TO HEAR."

* Leonard butts in where he doesn’t belong and get Penny fired from her job (rewarded by Penny finally asking him to marry her) For those of you who are going to say, but that was so sweet the way he stuck up for the woman he loves, just think about it this way.

I doubt that people would find it so “cute” if Penny told off the President of the University for something he said to Leonard and got him fired.

Please, Leonard DID NOT get her fired.  Penny was ALREADY on thin ice with the director.  If Penny WERE NOT on thin ice with the director she would not have been fired.

biased .... lol...

the post that you and I quoted .... had the list of the things that leonard has done in the show.....

if that is biased....then yeah I am biased.....

The list is biased, and that person IMO is seeing things in a negative light because they are determined to see them that way.

Edited by meka3000

but they have apparently never watched a film together with a proper grown-up part for an actress

Leonard has watched FIVE seasons of sex and the city, so it's implied that he has watched stuff that she likes that he doesn't, and even tolerates her views on psychics (remember the closure alternative, she told him about his experience with a psychic and he DIDN'T laugh at her, you know what THAT is called?  Growth.)

Sheldon Cooper is so awful - annoying, thick - in terms of relationships and dominating.  I blame scriptwriters - they insist on never letting him learn any social skills, despite the many years his friends have tried to"re-educate " him.  Amy tries so hard to improve his interaction with others.   I watch the programme for the other characters and not necessarily because of their contacts with that twerp.  

Long live Leonard, Howard, Raj , the 3 girls and of course Sheldon's mum. :icon_neutral:

Edited by Cariadbach
missed a word

I still can't understand how someone is able to like TBBT, if he doesn't like Sheldon. Mysterious...

It's jmho but if tptb cut Sheldon's screen time in half and let the other characters shine tbbt would be a lot funnier Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Most annoying character on BBT = Lucy.  Cringe!  Couldn't stand her whiny voice....her nervous character.  I wished she crawled out the bathroom window and never came back!  So glad they didn't have Raj end up with her long term.

• Like 2

Guest sladenoddy

You mean trying to keep Sheldon from being a pain in the ass in Anarctica?  Also it WAS Sheldon's fault for BEING a pain in the ass that LEAD HIS FRIENDS to do what he did.  If he hadn't he wouldn't have been a pain in the ass, THEY wouldn't have done that.  It's ultimately Sheldon's fault.

Agreed as they hadn't found any monopoles  after nearly three months then it is very unlikely that they would have found any after three hundred years. Sheldon was just being his arrogant and selfish self as usual.

It's jmho but if tptb cut Sheldon's screen time in half and let the other characters shine

tbbt

would be a lot funnier Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Um, no.

If that had been the case, they would have done it a long time ago.  They know what they're doing over on that show, judging by the ratings and the popularity of the character in most corners.

• Like 1

Um, no.

If that had been the case, they would have done it a long time ago.  They know what they're doing over on that show, judging by the ratings and the popularity of the character in most corners.

I guess we will just disagree on this one Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

You mean trying to keep Sheldon from being a pain in the ass in Anarctica?  Also it WAS Sheldon's fault for BEING a pain in the ass that LEAD HIS FRIENDS to do what he did.  If he hadn't he wouldn't have been a pain in the ass, THEY wouldn't have done that.  It's ultimately Sheldon's fault.

Agreed as they hadn't found any monopoles  after nearly three months then it is very unlikely that they would have found any after three hundred years. Sheldon was just being his arrogant and selfish self as usual.

That's like saying, if a store is gouging customers in prices, then the customers are justified in stealing from the store.  Nope...still doesn't make it right.  JMHO.

• Like 1