I really dislike the new spiderman movies. When the original spiderman movies were made you knew it was a spiderman movie. In these new movies it seems to focus more on everything else than it actually does SPIDERMAN the main character of the movie. I liked when before spiderman focused mainly on spiderman. I really dont like the hole background of his dad leaving him and everything. Also while original spiderman was sarcastic sometimes he did not seem as reckless as this guy. Original spider-man would never attack a cop. 

Edited by SheldonCooperFan

I guess in their defense, I believe when they first went to "re-do" the films, they did say they wanted to focus more on Peter's background and his life as a teenager. 

I don't mind the new films. The older ones definitely hold a special place in my heart, though!

• Like 1

I guess in their defense, I believe when they first went to "re-do" the films, they did say they wanted to focus more on Peter's background and his life as a teenager. 

I don't mind the new films. The older ones definitely hold a special place in my heart, though!

I am just really annoyed that its called "Spiderman" but it doesn't seem to really focus on "Spiderman" anymore. It focuses more on all the other characters more than it does peter and the new peter seems like more of a jerk than old peter Parker. I watched the first redo and it was alright but looking at the preview of the second I really am not very ethiused about the new one. 

• Like 1

If you followed the early days of Spiderman in the comics, it spent a LOT of time seeing what a misfit Peter Parker was and only part time looking at a VERY wisecracking Spiderman ! 

If you followed the early days of Spiderman in the comics, it spent a LOT of time seeing what a misfit Peter Parker was and only part time looking at a VERY wisecracking Spiderman ! 

I know and that is not my issue with it. The issue is the backgrounds seems to care more about all the other characters than it actually does the main character "Spiderman". I have no issue with them going into his background I have an issue with all the side characters playing a bigger role than the main lead "Spiderman". Even batmans villians as creative as they are never upstage batman and that's exactly what happened in this. Also I have nothing against a wise cracking spider since thats what made him funny but I don't like how they made this one come across so arrogant. The old spiderman was more of a clown but he wasnt a Punk looking for trouble like this one seems to be. He didnt have the attitude that "Im spiderman so I am above all in this world" which this one seems to think. He was like "Im spider man. Thats pretty cool. Im enjoying this." I like humble spiderman "Just your friendly neighborhood spider" vs the "Im pretending to be Roshack ". 

Edited by SheldonCooperFan