Sheldon and when he finally likes a woman

When Sheldon finally likes a girl, I would like to see him do the sign of affection that was used between Sarek and Amanda on Star Trek (For the uninformed, they are Spock’s Parents). As I’m sure you remember, they would hold out two fingers each and touch them. Kind of like “holding hands†lite. Whether this was a Vulcan custom or one created between them as a middle ground of their Human/Vulcan relationship, I don’t believe they ever said. Since Sheldon is always imitating Spock, this would be a great addition to his character that I would love to see. And if this thread gives the writers the idea to use it, and they haven’t already thought of it themselves, please give me credit. Thank you.

Below are some pics for those who don't know what I am talking about

post-604-134808096665_thumb.jpg

post-604-134808096666_thumb.jpg

post-604-134808096671_thumb.jpg

post-604-134808096675_thumb.jpg

This sound hilarious! And you know what could make it better? If the girl was also into Star Trek, like Sheldon, so they could find comfort in each others' geekiness :D

Guys, how do you imagine Sheldon's first crush? We could share our ideas/dreams/hopes here, if you don't mind Flabiom :)

There is some discussion already about Sheldon's potential girlfriend! Mostly in those "Penny+Sheldon" topics. :p

The main idea is good mix of Nowitzki and Leonard's mom, add some Sheldon for geekiness's fandom, and just a little bit of Penny so that she still has somewhat of an emotional side! :p

Haha, I could imagine that he finally find he has feelings, he's completely confused. probably running around all day, measuring hs blood pressure and heart rate, analysing samples of sweat... :D I'M sure he'll think he's caught some kind of illness and will make people sing soft kitty to him! ;)

I like the idea of Sheldon thinking he is sick. All the symptoms of love and he doesn’t understand what is happening. He wants their “medical officer†back. He can look them up on WebMD and who knows what he’ll find. (I should try that) Hey just looked, there are 20 possible conditions some are:

Atrial Fibrillation (Heart)

Pulmonary embolism (Arteries Blocked)

Pneumothorax (Air in Chest Wall)

Anaphylactic Shock (Allergies)

Thyroid

Vitamin B Deficiency

Collapsed Lung

He’d wonder why he wasn’t already dead!

Anyway, once he realizes what he really has he would accept it and, being Sheldon, display his attraction in the only way Sheldon could. The Vulcan two finger hand hold.

post-604-134808096679_thumb.gif

I like the idea of Sheldon thinking he is sick. All the symptoms of love and he doesn’t understand what is happening. He wants their “medical officer†back. He can look them up on WebMD and who knows what he’ll find. (I should try that) Hey just looked, there are 20 possible conditions some are:

Thyroid

Vitamin B Deficiency

Collapsed Lung

Anyway, once he realizes what he really has he would accept it and, being Sheldon, display his attraction in the only way Sheldon could. The Vulcan two finger hand hold.

this sounds really funny, only it can't happen. you cannot have the "symptoms" of love without having feelings for someone. Simply having your heart beat fast, start sweating or experience anxiety does not account for love. I mean he can have these symptoms, but he also has to have an emotional side to it, like wanting to talk to the girl (not for a scientific debate, OMG :D ), or maybe even hold her near! It's weird because I can't imagine him having these feelings, although I'd very much like to see it happen.

btw, the vitamin deficiency fits the most, all the other conditions come with much worse symptoms, but still funny, though :)

this sounds really funny, only it can't happen. you cannot have the "symptoms" of love without having feelings for someone. Simply having your heart beat fast, start sweating or experience anxiety does not account for love. I mean he can have these symptoms, but he also has to have an emotional side to it, like wanting to talk to the girl (not for a scientific debate, OMG :D ), or maybe even hold her near! It's weird because I can't imagine him having these feelings, although I'd very much like to see it happen.

btw, the vitamin deficiency fits the most, all the other conditions come with much worse symptoms, but still funny, though :)

Sure he can. He has the feelings, but doesnt understand them. He's never felt them before. he does want to talk to the girl, but cant because he doesnt want to talk science or Sci Fi with her, but he can't think to talk about what. How many of us geeks have had the problem. "There's the girl, talk to here, uh what do I say?" Were afraid to say the wrong thing or have her reject us. we take thwe safer course, but Sheldon, though a geek, doesnt understand the social mores of society. What will he do? He wants to be near her, but he has a problem with that too. Look what it took for him to hug Penny.

In Short he has the symptoms and the desire to be next to or talk to the person, but HOW does he do it? He wouldnt understand and then go to (MY GOD) Howard for advice because he doesnt want to make the same mistakes he sees Leonard make (He did part from their science officer, as we know). I see it working.

Wow, I can totally imagine Sheldon walking up to the girl an saying something like 'I really like you' only in his language! I'm not one of the writers, but it might contain pheromones, sexual appetite and other gross things that will freak the girl out :D

• 7 months later...

I hope the Mayim Bialik character comes back. Could that be his female match? I don't think Sheldon should totally change but it would be fun to see him have a crush.

Thyroid

Vitamin B Deficiency

Collapsed Lung

From my point of view, I think that Sheldon's prospective girlfriend should be "Leonard in the female form". Intelligent and a bit geeky is a must, but she has to posess a stronger emotional side (she is a woman after all, unless Sheldon's gay, which would make Leonard his perfect partner :icon_cheesygrin:) and she should be a bit more socially adaptable, to counterbalance Sheldon's personality.

And the idea with the Vulcan two finger hand hold is marvelous! But I believe that Sheldon would know he is attracted to a woman, and would believe in the beginning it's just "dopamine" play or something, and would probably come up to her and say something really inappropriate :icon_eek::icon_cheesygrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm. i do not think sheldon would see the need to produce offspring.

first of all, intelligence is not hereditary, but is something that forms as you grow up. it seems to run in the family sometimes, but that is only because smart parents bring up their children in a way that gets them smart (force them to learn and play intelligence games and so on)

So, genetically speaking sheldon would not see it very important to get children.

secondly, all the worlds problems are caused by overpopulation. Sheldon knows this, and would not want to burden earth with more people. Especially as people born in usa produce hundred time more enviromantal waste during their lives than do people born to india or somesuch state.

and thirdly, love is just biology. it is primal reaction to primal stimuli in the opposite sex. intelligence dampens this sort of primal 'feelings'. Smarter a person is, less likely he/she is to fall in love. Sheldons intelligence is very high, almost inmeasurable, so he would not bow to any silly feelings, especially as it is scientifically proved that feeling are just primitive thoughts (before speech, primates thought and communicated with feelings)

Sorry if that sounded a bit too dry. but it is still the truth.

However, i can see one way for shelly to fall in love. he does love himself. Which means if he was really pampered and adored, but not in any way manipulated, by a smart woman, then sheldon might be persuaded to marry. The lady in question would then be sheldons second mother, rather than a musky mistress...

-wether such marriage would produce offspring, is anybodys guess.