The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SheldonCooperFan

Raj, Sheldon, And Penny Chemistry Works Best?

I noticed something. In the episode where Leonard moves in with Rajs sister and Raj moves in with Sheldon the chemistry of Sheldon, Raj and Penny seems to work well in the home but Raj and Sheldon cant work with each other without bickering. 

Edited by SheldonCooperFan

hmm, I would call this common field. People interact with people given they come into common ground. like lets say students in a class room, two people that have no common interest suddenly they talk together, what do they talk about?? maybe their grumpy teacher, or the cute girl across the room. In this case, All three of them have issues that involve priya, so all of them come into common ground and understand each other. So there lies the chemistry.

• Like 1

hmm, I would call this common field. People interact with people given they come into common ground. like lets say students in a class room, two people that have no common interest suddenly they talk together, what do they talk about?? maybe their grumpy teacher, or the cute girl across the room. In this case, All three of them have issues that involve priya, so all of them come into common ground and understand each other. So there lies the chemistry.

Thats interesting.This displays an interesting display of sociology. I personally like the pairing of Sheldon, Penny, Raj more than I like the Leonard, Sheldon, penny and given Raj is one of the least played on characters since he cant talk when penny is around I like seeing them focusing more on his character in this episode. Also if I recall dont most of the other characters hate Rajs sister since everyone is more friends with Penny than they are with his Sister? Even Sheldon likes Penny better and he seems to think shes unintelligent. 

I noticed something. In the episode where Leonard moves in with Rajs sister and Raj moves in with Sheldon the chemistry of Sheldon, Raj and Penny seems to work well in the home but Raj and Sheldon cant work with each other without bickering. 

Can you define what you mean by "chemistry"? How is it "working well"? Does it mean lack of bickering between the characters?

Edited by BangerMain

Can you define what you mean by "chemistry"? How is it "working well"? Does it mean lack of bickering between the characters?

Yes raj and Sheldon seem to work better at the home at least a lot better than Sheldon and Leonard. Raj cooks for sheldon and Sheldon seems to appreciate Raj making him dinner but Sheldon and Raj cant get together when they try to work together in the work place and just bicker. This was when Howard left to live with his girlfriend and left Raj with Leonard with his sister. So raj left to stay at Sheldons house and when Leonard trys to come back Sheldon says that he "Has a good thing going with raj and dont mess it up" to Leonard since he enjoys Rajs company in the home better than Leonard. Raj seems to mostly be Howards wing man and doesn't seem to speak to much of the other cast most of the time. The 3 seem to get along a lot better than the normal SheldonXPennyXleonard wheel. 

I think that was done simply to underscore the comedy, not because Sheldon and Raj would really get along better in the long run.

• Like 1

@Luckyboy that is really interesting indeed!!Never thought it that way but it is really logical!! Well I think that Sheldon has chemistry with Raj and many scenes they have are quite good. Tbh most of them work together just fine. I don't find Raj's and Penny's chemistry something special or S/R/P chemistry working best. They are nice just like anybody else.

Its clear L/P/S chemistry is the best, its the core arch of the show, anyone who thinks otherwise has rose tinted glasses on. Sure chemistry individually but not as dynamic. You only have to watch Bath Item Hyponesis to realize what great chemistry L/P/S have. Just an observation but based on your posts im assuming your not fond of Leonard or Amy, for the life of me i hv no idea why but thats your perogative.

Sheldon and Raj dont get along at all really, they fought constantly when Raj worked for him, and he was hardly a great wingman for Raj, Raj got laid in the end haha, but no thanks to Sheldon. Ive always seen Leonard and Sheldons friendship as one of obligation, he does so much for the guy for ovet a decade, and i think Sheldon undervalues him, todays ep was the first expression of gratitude from Sheldon. Theirs an underlying friendship sure , which was explored in todays ep.

Skull not everybody shares your opinions so no need to say otherwise

I like raj and Sheldon they are funny in the few scenes they have alone

• Like 2

Its clear L/P/S chemistry is the best, its the core arch of the show, anyone who thinks otherwise has rose tinted glasses on. Sure chemistry individually but not as dynamic. You only have to watch Bath Item Hyponesis to realize what great chemistry L/P/S have. Just an observation but based on your posts im assuming your not fond of Leonard or Amy, for the life of me i hv no idea why but thats your perogative.

Sheldon and Raj dont get along at all really, they fought constantly when Raj worked for him, and he was hardly a great wingman for Raj, Raj got laid in the end haha, but no thanks to Sheldon. Ive always seen Leonard and Sheldons friendship as one of obligation, he does so much for the guy for ovet a decade, and i think Sheldon undervalues him, todays ep was the first expression of gratitude from Sheldon. Theirs an underlying friendship sure , which was explored in todays ep.

Yes I did mention they fought when they worked together but when raj moves in with Sheldon he seems to be a much better house mate than Leonard seems to be and Sheldon makes note of that. Also I believe Leonard is one of the more likable characters in the show and Amy has her funny moments such as when she talks about her yearbook signature "Dear Amy self respect and a hymen is better than friends. Love mom". Sheldon will always be my favorite though. 

I think that Sheldon does indeed create sparks when doing scenes with Penny (what so many Shennies mistake for romantic chemistry..) and when doing scenes with Raj, but it mostly has to do with the types of conflicts that arise--between Sheldon, who is the most cerebral of the group, and Penny, who is the most worldly, earthy, physical, of the group--they're like combustible chemicals, making each other explode in different kinds of frustration and miscommunication; and between SHeldon and Raj, who are probably the most childish members of the group--they're like squabbling siblings.

That doesn't mean that Raj would be a better long-term roommate for Sheldon.  They would kill each other with nerf guns and explosive chemicals.