The Big Bang Theory Forums

I thought this was super Geeky and decided to post it here. I enjoy studying weather and recently watched a preview for the new Godzilla movie. You can see in the preview that he creates a lot of flood and structural damage as he walks through the city but I was wondering if there was a tornado that happened to come at the time Godzilla decided to come into the city how would the Tornado effect Godzilla. Now Godzilla must be as tall as some of the buildings but even some houses have been torn away by tornadoes and hurricanes so how would Godzilla face against a tornado? 

I thought this was super Geeky and decided to post it here. I enjoy studying weather and recently watched a preview for the new Godzilla movie. You can see in the preview that he creates a lot of flood and structural damage as he walks through the city but I was wondering if there was a tornado that happened to come at the time Godzilla decided to come into the city how would the Tornado effect Godzilla. Now Godzilla must be as tall as some of the buildings but even some houses have been torn away by tornadoes and hurricanes so how would Godzilla face against a tornado? 

Well, An EF-5 is capable of 200mph + winds. That paired with flying debris such a glass, 2x4's, sheet metal, cars.. Basically anything the Tornado hits and picks up flying at Godzilla at 200mph+ could easy act as a bullet. And then consider the size EF-5's can grow to.. A Classic mile wide wedge. That could be some time to hit Godzilla hard.

Personally, I Think the Tornado would win...

• Like 1

maybe an analogy is as what would happen to a chihuahua sitting in a toilet and flush it (No chihuahuas were harmed in the making of this idea). The mammal is about the same size of the vortex. =). Then see what happens.

maybe an analogy is as what would happen to a chihuahua sitting in a toilet and flush it (No chihuahuas were harmed in the making of this idea). The mammal is about the same size of the vortex. =). Then see what happens.

First I am not sure how you are comparing this to a chiwawa since Godzilla is massive and a chiwawa would be considered below average size for a dog. Also nothing would happen if you flushed a chiwawa in a toilet since the hole wouldnt be big enough to take the dog unless you get a really young puppy in which case it would most likely drown and be considered animal abuse. Also a toilet leads to pipe a tornado doesn't really go anywhere its just circling air that is created by warm and cold currents colliding in a manner which creates a cyclone effect. 

Edited by SheldonCooperFan

Don't know if you are amused or confused or even maybe insulted. sorry if it has offense.

Anyway, Tornado VS Godzilla. The best way to get your answer is to get a godzilla and create a big tornado (However big you prefer) and put them together and see what happens. Obviously, I can't provide you a Godzilla and a tornado. So i attempted to replicate in a much smaller scale. To be clear, I was wrong about it being a mammal as Godzilla is a Lizard. 

How can we replicate a tornado.... The closest i could think of at the moment is a toilet being flushed. Fair point about the tornado and toilet. The toilet does in fact has an additional downward force as opposed to a tornado(if i'm correct) which has a leveled direction. 

As for the chihuahua, what small animal can replicate the size ratio of godzilla to a tornado. smallest mammal i could think of at that moment is the chihuahua. 

So if my replication is even close to the size ratio, it may provide some insight as to what would happen.

PS. I kinda like these kind of threads, keeps my imagination healthy.. =) 

• Like 1

Don't know if you are amused or confused or even maybe insulted. sorry if it has offense.

Anyway, Tornado VS Godzilla. The best way to get your answer is to get a godzilla and create a big tornado (However big you prefer) and put them together and see what happens. Obviously, I can't provide you a Godzilla and a tornado. So i attempted to replicate in a much smaller scale. To be clear, I was wrong about it being a mammal as Godzilla is a Lizard. 

How can we replicate a tornado.... The closest i could think of at the moment is a toilet being flushed. Fair point about the tornado and toilet. The toilet does in fact has an additional downward force as opposed to a tornado(if i'm correct) which has a leveled direction. 

As for the chihuahua, what small animal can replicate the size ratio of godzilla to a tornado. smallest mammal i could think of at that moment is the chihuahua. 

So if my replication is even close to the size ratio, it may provide some insight as to what would happen.

PS. I kinda like these kind of threads, keeps my imagination healthy.. =) 

If youre interested I also made another tornado thread and this has more realistic scenarios. 

Edited by SheldonCooperFan