The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.24 'the Status Quo Combustion' (May 15)

Your Episode Rating  

126 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Me too.  She wasn't dressed professionally at all and her voice wasn't as haughty either.  Of course, the outfit could've been because she did the scene while also taping 'The Good Wife' so instead of having her change they figured it would be easier if she put something over her outfit.

Just watched the scene again. I thought she did it quite well. The last line was perfect.

To look at that scene. She is holding the base of one key, in her fingers, with stem of the key sticking out, like she is getting ready to unlock the door.

Yes, that is the way it looked to me.

She was holding ONE KEY, from the back, with the stem of the key sticking out, like people who are unlocking locks in a doorknob hold keys. I don know anyone who fiddles with keys like that, perhaps you do.

really? i must go back and look closer... ;)   and yes, i do play with my keys sometimes...flip them back and forth on the key chain

Edited by Kelli

just watched that segment many times..up close ..she knocks on the door twice  and turns the knob ( because the door is usually unlocked when there is someone home)  but the key in her hand was a car key... silver bottom and thick black on top. sorry... sheldon didn't give her a key and she ALWAYS drives to Sheldon's as they don't live in the same area

Edited by Kelli

I think it was just her car keys....I know I don't really put my car keys away until I walk in the door

I think it was just her car keys....I know I don't really put my car keys away until I walk in the door

Do you have to climb three flights of stairs?

I don't find it find impossible that she didn't bother putting the keys back in het purse even if there were three flights of stairs. Some people just do that. I am one of them. It doesn't matter if there are stairs or if I am holding my keys after I left home and forgot to put them back in my purse I sometimes like to jingle them.

Besides that I doubt that the writers would use the way she was holding the keys or the fact that there were three flights of stairs to imply that Amy has a key to the apartment. I doubt that the average viewer would notice that. If they wanted us to know that Sheldon gave her a key probably they would have a scene about that.

Having said that I think it is really interesting that it wasn't clarified and maybe it would be quite a surprise to casually mention that she has indeed a key to the apartment.

• Like 1

I think the video call, as does Penny's call to her mom, is a way of acknowledging their engagement to their world. A way of making it real?

You're right. Probably that is the reason. I wasn't arguing about the video call per se, but about the say-nothing subject IMO.

Edited by Nevermind

Actually I don't recall Amy just knocking and walking in before. It seemed for the comedy of the scene there was a requirement that she was there uninvited and she was more bold than typical.

Does Amy typically still have keys in hand when she gets to the apartment. I don't think so.

Edited by djsurrey

Hey, anyone else ticked that Sheldon got off his usual "anti-sexual activity for Penny/women" tirade again. Lets see that one combust over the hiatus.

thank you... that's what i said too

It looks like my daughter's apartment key. The shank is too short to be a current car key. But, hey, that's just MHO.

Hey, anyone else ticked that Sheldon got off his usual "anti-sexual activity for Penny/women" tirade again. Lets see that one combust over the hiatus.

Nah.  The menses thing drives me nuts, though.

• Like 2

Nah. The menses thing drives me nuts, though.

Not seeing the whole adorable package, me. The entrenchment of the antediluvian attitudes. And no one protests on the show, apparently because its so self-evidently stupid it doesn't need correction.

How is he not a misogynist? I need to read that wall of text and understand. Otherwise it's a bit of a dog whistle. Lol.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Love from India! I am a big fan of TBBT. My dad ends with watching atleast 2 episodes after a long day at work! Although i read the taping reports in advance i was really agitated , but then when i did think abt it , it opens a lot of door as to how they can take this relationship forward. I absolutely LOVE JIM & MAYIM. Hope they win it big this year.

Also i love this forrum. U guys are the best. <3 :)

I am waiting for the Seaosn 7 Bloopers, any clue when would they be out ??

Wow oh wow. I reached the end of season 7. Such a sad thought! But good to know I know everything that everyone else does. Anyway... very emotional episode. I understand where Sheldon's coming from. I don't do well with change. Any shift in my usual structure causes me to panic and overthink. And knowing the kind of person Sheldon is, all this change indeed is scary and the build up is too much. I just love how much Leonard does care about him, and Penny too. Out of everyone Leonard knows Sheldon very well can't do a lot on his own. He is an overgrown child in a man's body. The way he looks at the world he may run into trouble if left to his own devices for too long. So it was interesting and bittersweet when he allowed Sheldon to get a train to who-knows-where. Everyone has grown up and changed a great deal this season. I just can't wait to find out what happens come September! Of course Sheldon isn't written out of the show. For all we know he may decide to come back since the change is indeed too much. I really would love him and Amy to live together. She would be the only other person I'm sure he'd be able to live with. I'm happy Stewart at least has been able to get another job but was so shocked to see his store burned down. :( 

Here's hoping to a promising future for everyone in September,

• Like 2

I enjoyed last night's season finale. I found myself feeling sorry for Sheldon, although the railway station scene spoilt it for me a bit when Leonard said he was going to miss him and Sheldon replied 'of course you will' Would have been better that l'll miss you be the parting words and Sheldon to have said nothing. Looking forward to s8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'd have liked Sheldon to have said, "I'll miss you too, Leonard. You're a good friend and I appreciate you."

Sheldon seems to have forgotten Professor Proton's good advice. I hope he remembers it while riding the rails.

• Like 2

I'd have liked Sheldon to have said, "I'll miss you too, Leonard. You're a good friend and I appreciate you."

If he'd said that, then he wouldn't have been Sheldon (and the writers wouldn't have had their comedy). Expecting him to do otherwise is wishful thinking.

• Like 2

It is wishful thinking, but for a few "brief, shining moments" we all thought Sheldon heard Prof. Proton. because of the hug.

I think that is the corner the writers have written themselves into, they want to move Sheldon along, like the rest of the gang, but Sheldon not being "Sheldon" is not that funny, so they are having trouble making him progress. Like this episode, running away from his problems is very Sheldon, but look at what he left in his wake, a very hurt Amy, Leonard who doesn't know if he should have let him go like Penny told him and Penny who we don't really know her feelings yet, but I bet we will learn then in season 8. I think season 8 will be full of do we let Sheldon move on or keep him the same stories.

• Like 1

I thought this episode was a strong end to a strong season. The writers did well to make the audience feel sorry for Sheldon, even though he isn't considerate to Leonard about his upcoming marriage and doesn't give moving across the hall, by far the most obvious solution to the living arrangement crisis, any thought at all.

The writers did their job well in this episode in ensuring that viewers tune in next season- every fan wants to know how the show will change and how it will affect the characters. Every character has undergone change of some sort in this finale, and I thought that was orchestrated excellently by the writing team.

I agree that Sheldon should have said nothing when Leonard told him that he would miss him. For the show to attempt a poignant, emotional moment is rare and for the show to pull it off is even rarer, so to then ruin what was an otherwise flawlessly written and moving final scene by having Sheldon make another irritating remark ruined it for me. But then again, it's Sheldon; what should we expect?

My favourite quote of the episode was Sheldon's panic over Leonard's suggestion- 'Move across the hall? Did you take a marijuana?'

Contrary to popular opinion, I also enjoyed the final scene with Amy hitting Leonard with the cushion. I found that scene to be one of the best parts of the whole season and I thought that it relieved the pressure and the emotion of the last scene with a good physical gag to round the season off on. 'Open with your best joke and leave with your second-best joke', they say. TBBT certainly left our screens with a cracker.

• Like 2

It is wishful thinking, but for a few "brief, shining moments" we all thought Sheldon heard Prof. Proton. because of the hug.

I would not expect some linear or step change in Sheldon. Mostly because a segment of the fans would get upset. Just think of Penny's zig zag to where she is.

• Like 2