7.24 'the Status Quo Combustion' (May 15)

Your Episode Rating  

126 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Just watched the promo for the last show of the season .... Sheldon is already freaking out ....... LOL LOL

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Edited by fixitmr

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, I actually think that this is the best observation I have seen yet, because there is a great deal of debate which takes place about who is the bigger asshole in this relationship right now,

And what would have happened if she had been there? Would she have begged him to stay only to have him tell her no? Would that have been better? She simply would have been putting more pressure on

From the moment of the botched drunken proposal and the repercussions of the decisions made, I personally think the writers made a conscious decision to refocus all attention on the central relationsh

Just watched the promo for the last show of the season .... Sheldon is already freaking out ....... LOL LOL

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

And you know they're going to do more promos the closer we get to the finale so who knows what's going to be in those.

If Sheldon and Leonard split up into different apartments I hope it doesn't change the nature of the show to much, because they are one of the funniest comedy duos on TV in a long, long time - the best solution would probably be for Sheldon to take Penny's apartment - after he has it cleaned, fumigated and sterilized of course - and then he can be like Kramer in Seinfeld and come over at all hours, but after knocking three times, rather than just sliding in like Kramer did.

I don't think Sheldon will do well on his own, he is use to having a roommate and having someone to boss around and take care of him.  He expects to be able to live there with LENNY I think, and act like their child while they do everything for him, so its going be tough convincing him to leave.  Plus he has the Roommate agreement on his side :p  If he does move next door he will definitely be over to his old apartment constantly bugging Leonard and Penny which would still drive them nuts.   I'd rather Leonard and Penny move into their own place like Howard/Bernadette did and Amy move in with him so he can boss her around instead LOL.  But Sheldon isn't ready for that either so maybe he will live alone for awhile until he grows up some more or realizes he hates being alone that much and that Amy would be his perfect roommate.  LENNY could get their own apartment in the same building that is bigger than Penny's, but really they don't need a two bedroom they plan to sleep together, but on the other hand Amy and Sheldon would need the two bedrooms cause Sheldon isn't ready to sleep in same bed with her yet.

Edited by Superlovelexi

If Sheldon and Leonard split up into different apartments I hope it doesn't change the nature of the show to much, because they are one of the funniest comedy duos on TV in a long, long time - the best solution would probably be for Sheldon to take Penny's apartment - after he has it cleaned, fumigated and sterilized of course - and then he can be like Kramer in Seinfeld and come over at all hours, but after knocking three times, rather than just sliding in like Kramer did.

Sheldon shouldn't have to go anywhere... it was his apartment first... he rented it... why should he move? ( i'm just saying....)

• Like 3

Sheldon shouldn't have to go anywhere... it was his apartment first... he rented it... why should he move? ( i'm just saying....)

Because Sheldon is always putting his friend's needs before his own...

• Like 1

Because Sheldon is always putting his friend's needs before his own...

While I agree with you completely, if you remember The Staircase Implementation Leonard rents a room from Sheldon.

• Like 1

No one, even Leonard, said he HAD to go anywhere.  As for why he should move, if Leonard moves into 4B, there is that empty bedroom where Sheldon is staying.  Does Sheldon really want to bring in a complete stranger into the apartment (not to mention they would have to cast that.  Raj, with his bourgeoning romance with Emily probably isn't an option.  Stuart may be, but do they want to upgrade him to main cast again? Not to mention he probably can't afford it).  And, if he is by himself, how long before Amy starts pressuring him about that empty bedroom?  If Penny and Leonard move out of the building, the apartment behind the door of 4B would have to be completely rebuilt and there may not be room to build the bigger place they would want.   

I think the swap of Penny and Sheldon is a perfect solution to the problem TPTB are facing.   Moving Leonard and Penny in together (as Leonard say they will do), into 4A and Sheldon into 4B, solves multiple problems.  It allows L/P to move in together.  It keeps Amy from putting pressure Sheldon to move in with him.    There would be no need for a new roommate (or a new person in 4B).  It keeps Leonard near enough to be able to drive Sheldon around and look after him.  It also allows the sets to stay just where they are, with the gang still gathering in 4B.  I don't see L/P moving out of the building and Amy moving into 4B.   L/P is too major a part of the show to have them using a "swing" set.  They can get away with it for Amy, as her apartment isn't a major part of the show.  Where ever L/P live will still be a major part of the show, which makes using a "swing" set not really an option. 

Leonard suggesting Sheldon move across the hall, as part of the discussion on Leonard moving out, is entirely valid (and once explained to Sheldon, he may find it a great solution).   Leonard TELLING Sheldon he has to move out is not valid.   

• Like 8

But, but, but..what if he wants Amy to move in with him?   If you recall, one of the things he has burned in his brain right now is what the Psychic said to him, even if he tried to dismiss it.  He clearly knew she hit a nerve.   She told him that Amy was his key to happiness and success and that he needed to commit to her.  If he comes back and wants to commit to her, one thing he may want is for them to start off  living together, but with her in Leonard's bedroom for a while.  I just don't think it is a simple answer.  I think the writers know that 4A has always been Sheldon's apartment and that the audience associates it with him.   Also, he has acted as 'owner' of it all along, even though Leonard shares the rent.   It is also the central gathering place for everyone and while most started off going there because of Leonard, now they go there because everyone cares about each other (meaning Sheldon included).   While they could decide to put Sheldon in 4B, I think that it will limit where they want to go down the road with Shamy.   Lenny have been perfectly content in Penny's apartment all along.   So I don't see that they would uproot Sheldon, even though he has gone through lots of other changes.   I really do think that he will have enough other changes going on that they will want to keep one constant in his life and that is the apartment.   His advice to Raj also applies to him.  He can be happy for a while alone without a roommate.   Leonard is still just going to be across the hall, as is Penny to help him with his errands and driving issues.  For all we know he may be working on learning to drive over the summer and come back with a drivers license in hand.   But I do think that the writers have been dropping hints about Shamy taking some steps forward in S8, including her possibly moving in with him.  What I don't understand is why it is different having Sheldon (who honestly owns far more than Leonard does as far as "stuff" in that apartment..books, figures, trinkets, etc.) move in with Amy in a one-bedroom place than it is for Leonard to do the same with Penny? 

The writers are going to resolve this and we can talk until we are blue in the face, but bottom line is we won't know until next season if anyone is moving anywhere.  I do think they are likely going to address new living arrangements because it makes sense, but not sure when or how.   That is the beauty of the show, they always surprise us and perhaps this time they will have a perfect solution.  

• Like 6

Do we still put it past Amy that she could be medicating Sheldon? I know it's far-fetched and ilegal but... Do we put it past Bernardette? xD she has access to meds and very sketchy ethics. It just seems like Sheldon has been far too mellow this season.

Don't listen to me, I'm letting my beer type...

Do we still put it past Amy that she could be medicating Sheldon? I know it's far-fetched and ilegal but... Do we put it past Bernardette? xD she has access to meds and very sketchy ethics. It just seems like Sheldon has been far too mellow this season.

Lol, you too? But there are two things closely tied. How does Penny become successful, given her nature; and how does Sheldon transition to someone to make a life with? Stay tuned. Hehehehe

While I agree with you completely, if you remember The Staircase Implementation Leonard rents a room from Sheldon.

Okay, I may have needed to put up a sarcasm sign...sorry

• Like 1

But, but, but..what if he wants Amy to move in with him?

If he wants to move Amy in, then he doesn't leave 4A. I was answering the question as to why would Sheldon move into 4B. Thee are multiple reasons for him to do that, if he lives alone. If he doesn't want to live alone, if he finds someone else to move in(even if it's someone other that Amy.), then it doesn't apply.

Wow just wow

Best guess right now is Monday, September 22, 2014.     We should know for sure after Wednesday.  That's CBS' day for up fronts, where they release the schedule.  

Best guess right now is Monday, September 22, 2014.     We should know for sure after Wednesday.  That's CBS' day for up fronts, where they release the schedule.  

long long wait for that.

• Like 1

I know it's not going to happen but I was kinda hoping not to read 30 pages of the same angst and dismay I read in the spoiler threads 2-3 weeks ago when the taping report came out for this episode. But I doubt it - I guess there's a whole new unspoiled audience to talk to.

Please don't hate me!( can't think of suitable emoticon to follow!)

(I hope this doesn't count as a spoiler - delete if it does. )

Ive had 3 weeks to prepare myself to see this again.. NOPE NOT HAPPENING.

Today is going to be a long day

I'm sorry.  :-(

Is there anything we can do to make your day better?

I not only have to wait through a long day at work, I think have to wait at least another few hours while I play a concert (all Mozart!) and then I may or may not have time to watch it before I prepare to watch Jim on the Daily Show.

I need ice cream...