The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.24 'the Status Quo Combustion' (May 15)

Your Episode Rating  

126 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I know it's not going to happen but I was kinda hoping not to read 30 pages of the same angst and dismay I read in the spoiler threads 2-3 weeks ago when the taping report came out for this episode. But I doubt it - I guess there's a whole new unspoiled audience to talk to.

Please don't hate me!( can't think of suitable emoticon to follow!)

(I hope this doesn't count as a spoiler - delete if it does. )

Your toast always falls buttered side up? lol.

The good news is performance always lifts it up. I'd have to be reminded of when it made it worse. And Raj didn't treat a woman like some thing he was entitled to. Yay!

• Like 1

The episode genuinely bummed me out. I did laugh a few times, of course, but overall, I actually found myself feeling bad for Sheldon...up until the scene with Amy, at which point my heart broke for her.

But that train station scene, I actually teared up. It was surprisingly touching, and it made me realize that Penny's right, he needs to get away and sort out his issues. That being said, the writers really have their work cut out for them come season 8. There are a LOT of things to touch upon, Sheldon's career, the living arrangements, etc.They've bought time by sending Sheldon away for the summer, but there are so many directions they could take this now. I hope it'll have a happy resolution for all.

Either way, it's gonna be a looong 4 months. :/

• Like 7

The episode genuinely bummed me out. I did laugh a few times, of course, but overall, I actually found myself feeling bad for Sheldon...up until the scene with Amy, at which point my heart broke for her.

But that train station scene, I actually teared up. It was surprisingly touching, and it made me realize that Penny's right, he needs to get away and sort out his issues. That being said, the writers really have their work cut out for them come season 8. There are a LOT of things to touch upon, Sheldon's career, the living arrangements, etc.They've bought time by sending Sheldon away for the summer, but there are so many directions they could take this now. I hope it'll have a happy resolution for all.

Either way, it's gonna be a looong 4 months. :/

So get to writing........... :read:

• Like 2

My husband looked over at me and asked me if I was crying.  I couldn't answer him.....

because I was crying.

dammit

• Like 7

Of course the acting was amazing.  Still sad.  

Hopefully a lot to look forward to although I have a nagging feeling it will take most of season 8 to sort this out...

Well another season has come to a close and tonight’s episode was good and a very beautiful season finale with some great moments and some not so great moments to wrap up the season. And this finale is making me wonder if this is the end of Stuart's comic book shop as we know it or will it reopen sometime next season.

And for some people still questioning Sheldon's fate, when someone says they need to go and think, they need to go and think. Sheldon's not 'running away' just taking a sabbatical away for a while.

Edited by JoeSal90
  • Like 1

I wasn't emotionally ready for that.. but saying that, there would never be enough time to be ready...

Bravo BBT. Bravo season 7.

• Like 5

There were some very very funny moments. I didn't die as much as I thought I would.

My heart still broke at the end though. I can't wait 4 months!! UGH!

Wasn't as sad as I thought it would be but still felt bad for Amy. Really hope the writers don't mess things up.

I enjoyed the episode. Was on the edge of my seat waiting for the Leonard & Penny scenes and they were magnificent. Howard & Bernadette didn't disappoint either. Great to see both Stuart & Debbie happy. Felt a little sorry for Amy. Certainly forlorn, but I think it will work out for her. Also nice to see Raj content. Finally, the Tall Lanky Man. Whatever time he spends away, 4 days-4weeks-or 4 months, will do him good. Some may not like this but Dr Cooper needs to learn that change is a part of life. He needs to learn that change will bring growth and new things to life. Without change, he would never have come to meet any of his friends, including Amy and Leonard. Sheldon, embrace change. It will bring wonderful things to your life!

Oh. One more thing: Leonard & Penny were amazingly adorable and wonderful tonight.

Peace out...

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 2

This is my first post. :)

Anyway, I just watched the episode, and I can't believe that we'll have to wait 4 MONTHS to find out what happens. I hate cliffhangers. Hopefully everything will work out about where Sheldon will live, and things will be somewhat back to normal in Season 8. It's really too bad that Amy had all of that patience and worked so hard to get him to open up a little, just for him to leave, and not know where he's going. And I hope that the comic book store re-opens! At least things seem to be going alright for Raj now. I feel like the show changed too fast in this season. But am so glad to see Leonard and Penny starting their lives together!

Edited by ALawton25

Good episode. I liked seeing Leonard stand up for him and Penny, that was great. I did not feel the least bit bad for Sheldon, especially when he was comparing his ordeal to Stuart's. Lenny looked insanely like parents tonight, Penny actually reminded me of my mom when she first dropped me off at college. Leonard was spot on in his Freaky Friday analogy. 

Still can't bring myself to feel bad for Amy. It is abundantly clear that he will not change and does not want to, she got what she asked for. Everyone else is moving on and building adult relationships while she's babysitting the manchild. 

Edited by DaisyJane
  • Like 4

In the beginning of the episode

Sheldon - Wahh wahh... Things are not changing.... wah wah wahhh

Later half of the episode

Sheldon - wahhh  wahhhh .... Things are changing.... wah wah wahhhhh

Someone should have pointed out this hypocrisy.......

Stuart's scenario seemed more sympathetic than Sheldon

The rest was good.... was nice to see a happy smiling Stuart in the end....thought.... a rarity... lol

And now Amy has lost her brain as well as spine.... :p

Edited by vasu
  • Like 2

I really like Lenny this episode, they acted perfectly after what happened last week with their engagement.  I think it was obvious that Sheldon needed to go to think, the change was overwhelming him so he had to get away from it and clear his head.  Felt bad for Amy, but I did feel Penny was right he needed to go and she needs to know it was really not about her.  It was sort of like last seasons finale except now Sheldon goes away and Amy was to wait instead of Leonard and Penny.  I wonder who will be there for Amy, maybe Penny?  Howard and Bernadette were so husband and wife in this episode, it was really nice and they were cute together.  It was funny seeing Howard giving Raj looks when Raj was acting like Howard did from 4 seasons ago. I really enjoyed Stuart in this episode too.  This was not an extremely funny episode thought it made me laugh hard a few times, but it was the kind of an episode I will watch again.

• Like 4

Am I the only one that's familiar with people with special needs?

• Like 1

Nope, I have known and loved a lot of people with special needs in my lifetime. But Sheldon doesn't have special needs, he's just a manchild.  

• Like 2

Nope! My son has Autism and I have an uncle with Cerebral Palsy. Which is why I think I sympathize with Sheldon most of the time. I KNOW he has not been given a diagnosis, but his mannerisms are still very similar to what I deal with.

Edited by certifiedotakuandfangirl
  • Like 3

Obviously you aren't because you wouldn't be making that comment.

No, you are not. I live it every day.

• Like 1

Loved the episode.  The Lenny moments were wonderful.  They are really solidifying their relationship.

Also see Leonard and Sheldon having a deeper tolerance for each other - well mostly on Leonard's side.  But Sheldon seems to maybe care what Leonard things?  I don't know.  It's hard to even type that.

While I do feel sorry for Amy, I really think she needs to take some anger management courses because her beat down of Leonard was sooo wrong in my opinion.  I lost something for her because of that.  

Poor Stuart but thankfully he and Debbie hit it off.  That was awesome.  Now Howard and Bernie can enjoy themselves.

And yay for Raj. 

• Like 2

Nope, I have known and loved a lot of people with special needs in my lifetime. But Sheldon doesn't have special needs, he's just a manchild.  

The writers just won't label him but it's obvious he's on the spectrum.

WTF????

Nope! My son has Autism and I have an uncle with Cerebral Palsy. Which is why I think I sympathize with Sheldon most of the time. I KNOW he has not been given a diagnosis, but his mannerisms are still very similar to what I deal with.

Same here!

Did you even understand what my comment meant???  Obviously not.