The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.24 'the Status Quo Combustion' (May 15)

Your Episode Rating  

126 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

The writers just won't label him but it's obvious he's on the spectrum.

Whatever he is, his "Too much change! Too much change!" tirade and lack of compassion towards Stuart made it impossible to feel the least bit bad for him. He's just a jerk if you ask me.  

• Like 1

I thought the way Amy put her suggestion of living together with Sheldon was pretty shrewd and cunning....

Initially she asked Penny about it.... then in a slow and calculated method she laid down her plan ( like a lion on its prey lol )

but it simply backfired on her because .... she hardly understands Sheldon.....

And after Sheldon's tirade on Amy ... she still cries about him....when what he said about their relationship should have been a pretty clear tipping point... for anyone...

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

Loved the episode.  The Lenny moments were wonderful.  They are really solidifying their relationship.

Also see Leonard and Sheldon having a deeper tolerance for each other - well mostly on Leonard's side.  But Sheldon seems to maybe care what Leonard things?  I don't know.  It's hard to even type that.

While I do feel sorry for Amy, I really think she needs to take some anger management courses because her beat down of Leonard was sooo wrong in my opinion.  I lost something for her because of that.  

Poor Stuart but thankfully he and Debbie hit it off.  That was awesome.  Now Howard and Bernie can enjoy themselves.

And yay for Raj. 

I think Leonard was just an easy target for Amy to take out her frustrations on. The fact that she used a pillow and not her fist made it tolerable. I think Leonard understands, and won't hold it against her. Unless she makes a habit out of this kind of behavior.    

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 1

I thought the way Amy put her suggestion of living together with Sheldon was pretty shrewd and cunning....

Initially she asked Penny about it.... then in a slow and calculated method she laid down her plan ( like a lion on its prey lol )

but it simply backfired on her because .... she hardly understands Sheldon.....

And after Sheldon's tirade on Amy ... she still cries about him....when what he said about their relationship should have been a pretty clear tipping point... for anyone...

I don't think she doesn't understand him. I think in this case she under estimated him. Where as recently she has been able to mold and shape him tonight he was super focused on all the change going on around him. When she suggested something that would add to the number of things changing it pushed him further into his funk .

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 3

I think Leonard was just an easy target for Amy to take out her frustrations on. The fact that she used a pillow and not her fist made it tolerable. I think Leonard understands, and won't hold it against her. Unless she makes a habit out of this kind of behavior.    

I don't think she doesn't understand him. I think in this case she under estimated him. Where as recently she has been able to mold and shape him tonight he was super focused on all the change going on around him. When she suggested something that would add to the number of things changing it pushed him further into his funk .

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

So glad there are people on here that actually understand what he was dealing with.

Whatever he is, his "Too much change! Too much change!" tirade and lack of compassion towards Stuart made it impossible to feel the least bit bad for him. He's just a jerk if you ask me.  

I disagree with the lack of compassion part. While he doesn't have much of a right to compare both situations (its done for comedic effect), he does show some compassion by at least wanting to help him get back on his feet by trying to buy a comic book and being genuinely sorry about his loss of the comic book store. I thought that Sheldon handled the scene in a relatively mature manner.

• Like 3

Well I for one found this to be my least favorite finale of all the shows I watch.  I understand Sheldon is overwhelmed and Jim did a great performance, but the more I see Lenny the more I dislike them.   Sorry Lenny fans (and I used to be one), but they really annoy me to no end.   The only good thing I hope comes from this is that in S8 we see very few Sheldon/Lenny scenes in the future and Sheldon/Penny scenes in the future. I feel Penny has influenced Sheldon so much that I don't even recognize him any more and not in a positive way.  

I did not laugh once in this episode.  I felt it was not at all funny.   I am happy for Raj (and thereby Emily too, even though she wasn't in this episode), Bernie/Howard and Stuart.  I am happy Lenny are engaged, but boy they could not have made it more clear how little they care about Amy. In fact not a single person on that show seems to care about her.   It really showed.   I hate the writers for that.

• Like 3

Tonight was one of the best episodes of the season. Leonard and Penny were at their best. Same goes with Howard and Bernadette. Raj was enjoying the moment with everyone telling them how he slept with Emily. Stuart was funny especially when he was taking care of Debbie. Unfortunately it was a tie for most pathetic between Sheldon and Amy. Sheldon's self centered pompous attitude is getting old. As to people's comments about special needs I have must have missed the episode they discussed that. Amy on the other hand tried to take advantage of the possible Lenny moving in together by suggesting her moving in together if Sheldon got lonely. Also getting mad at Leonard for letting Sheldon go was an all time low. I didn't realize it was up to Leonard to babysit him when Amy wasn't there.

Tonight episode was Great. Lot of Good Moments and in the end I have to say I almost teared up a little bit. A Great Season Finale I think! They went out with a Bang and leave you wanting to know what happen next. It going to be a Long Summer, I can not wait for September to get here! You have to feel kind of bad for Amy. I read this in the spoiler but The Comic Store Burned down  and we finally  learn what Howard Mom name is which was nice. 

Some peoples were saying on IMDB, Twitter and Facebook that Amy hitting Leonard with the pillow was like Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange in the Elevator

• Like 1

I found it mostly pretty good. L/P were fantastic. Loved the hand-holding in the train station. I have to agree with vasu about Sheldon. Didn't care much for his childishness concerning all the changes, although the train station scene was good. Stuart caring for Mrs. W was good. Raj repeatedly bringing up sleeping with Emily got really old, really fast, for me. Just cements my opinion that he is an ass.

This is my first post. :)

Anyway, I just watched the episode, and I can't believe that we'll have to wait 4 MONTHS to find out what happens. I hate cliffhangers. Hopefully everything will work out about where Sheldon will live, and things will be somewhat back to normal in Season 8. It's really too bad that Amy had all of that patience and worked so hard to get him to open up a little, just for him to leave, and not know where he's going. And I hope that the comic book store re-opens! At least things seem to be going alright for Raj now. I feel like the show changed too fast in this season. But am so glad to see Leonard and Penny starting their lives together!

welcome :)

• Like 1

Though it was not super funny, I really enjoyed the episode.

It saddens me that some of you think Sheldon is still a childish jerk. IMO Sheldon has grown up a lot this season. It is so clear that he has. His hug with Leonard, his better understanding and appreciation for Howard as a friend, his progress with Amy, even his tone of voice has mellowed out a bit. There is no way Sheldon in S7 is exactly like Sheldon S1-6.

Within only a couple of weeks, we see enormous changes take place in Sheldon's life: Professor Proton passes away, his best friend gets engaged and doesn't want to live with him anymore after 7 years, and his place of work won't let him change his field of study. These events would be hard for anyone, never mind someone who already has a hard time with change to begin with. Sheldon's behavior in the finale is a reflection of his struggle and unhappiness. Personally, I really feel for Sheldon, but I am glad that he sees this hiatus as an opportunity to sort things out, which is another indication of his growth. 

• Like 5

Really good episode, very fitting for a season finale.

While it hurts as a Shamy to see him leave (and Amy not being there at the train station), I agree with Penny, it's for the best.

It's gonna be a long wait.

• Like 3

Well I for one found this to be my least favorite finale of all the shows I watch.  I understand Sheldon is overwhelmed and Jim did a great performance, but the more I see Lenny the more I dislike them.   Sorry Lenny fans (and I used to be one), but they really annoy me to no end.   The only good thing I hope comes from this is that in S8 we see very few Sheldon/Lenny scenes in the future and Sheldon/Penny scenes in the future. I feel Penny has influenced Sheldon so much that I don't even recognize him any more and not in a positive way.  

Yeah Lenny has really been mean to Sheldon. And what was Penny thinking? Trying to turn Sheldon into a real adult. The horror. Sheldon has been a jerk for seven years on the show. it also seems if Sheldon didn't know Leonard at all he would have no friends. Lenny is just rotten to the core.
  • Like 5

BTW, did anyone hear what Amy shouted at Leonard before she was beating him with the pillow?

I couldn't hear it.

BTW, did anyone hear what Amy shouted at Leonard before she was beating him with the pillow?

I couldn't hear it.

She said "How could you let him goooooo?!!!".

• Like 1

I did not laugh once in this episode.  I felt it was not at all funny.   I am happy for Raj (and thereby Emily too, even though she wasn't in this episode), Bernie/Howard and Stuart.  I am happy Lenny are engaged, but boy they could not have made it more clear how little they care about Amy. In fact not a single person on that show seems to care about her.   It really showed.   I hate the writers for that.

I'm sorry, but after tonight's episode you're annoyed with Leonard and Penny? The two people who handled the situation like adults? They were great in this episode, and none of these awful changes in Sheldon can be pinned on Penny. She certainly never modeled any of the abysmal behavior he displayed tonight.

Yes, they were so cruel to Amy in not letting her stick around for their date, handled it much worse than Amy did when Raj tagged along last season. I mean, Sheldon was so uncharacteristically having a tantrum, and they should have dropped everything to listen to her talk about it!  :icon_rolleyes: 

If you want to be mad at anyone, be angry at Amy. She has stuck around knowing full-well how Sheldon and has not accepted him for it. She just hopes he'll magically change one day, watching her friends move forward with their lives while he stays the same. She's needed to wake-up for a very long time. 

Edited by DaisyJane
  • Like 3

Once again Penny & the giant wine glass makes an appearance in the show:

c71709326817878.jpg 05b07a326817879.jpg 2b4a8a326817880.jpg 3421a2326817883.jpg 67a5d7326817884.jpg

Edited by gwhh

Your point? It's the same size and is holding roughly the same volume of liquid as Leonard's. 

Edited by DaisyJane
  • Like 4

Did you also happen to notice Bernie downing a whole glass in one swig?

• Like 3

The Show was wonderful to me. Did anyone pick up on the scene when Amy came in the apartment without knocking and put a key in her pocket??? There is some Importance to that that will be in season 8.

Edited by musicsnob1971
  • Like 3

It saddens me that some of you think Sheldon is still a childish jerk.

It was his dismissal of Stuart's problems as being inferior to his own that pushed me over the edge on this. Unlike Stuart, Sheldon still has a job and a place to live and a girlfriend who, god knows why, wants to live with him.

• Like 3

Your point? It's the same size and is holding roughly the same volume of liquid as Leonard's.

All the temperate wowsers need to understand that that is about the right size for a red wine glass. Nothing remarkable.

• Like 3