7.24 'the Status Quo Combustion' (May 15)

Your Episode Rating  

126 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, I actually think that this is the best observation I have seen yet, because there is a great deal of debate which takes place about who is the bigger asshole in this relationship right now,

And what would have happened if she had been there? Would she have begged him to stay only to have him tell her no? Would that have been better? She simply would have been putting more pressure on

From the moment of the botched drunken proposal and the repercussions of the decisions made, I personally think the writers made a conscious decision to refocus all attention on the central relationsh

I thought it was an excellent episode.

I do not ship characters the way many on here do but I'm with Lenny in this episode. It is when Penny and Leonard are acting as surrogate parents for Sheldon that Leonard and Penny really come across as an actual plausible couple. I'd so much like to see them as real parents in the last years of the series.

• Like 1

I thought it was an excellent episode.

I do not ship characters the way many on here do but I'm with Lenny in this episode. It is when Penny and Leonard are acting as surrogate parents for Sheldon that Leonard and Penny really come across as an actual plausible couple. I'd so much like to see them as real parents in the last years of the series.

Not too soon though, We can't have L/P's two year old acting more mature than Sheldon.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but after tonight's episode you're annoyed with Leonard and Penny? The two people who handled the situation like adults? They were great in this episode, and none of these awful changes in Sheldon can be pinned on Penny. She certainly never modeled any of the abysmal behavior he displayed tonight.

Yes, they were so cruel to Amy in not letting her stick around for their date, handled it much worse than Amy did when Raj tagged along last season. I mean, Sheldon was so uncharacteristically having a tantrum, and they should have dropped everything to listen to her talk about it!  :icon_rolleyes: 

If you want to be mad at anyone, be angry at Amy. She has stuck around knowing full-well how Sheldon and has not accepted him for it. She just hopes he'll magically change one day, watching her friends move forward with their lives while he stays the same. She's needed to wake-up for a very long time. 

Sorry, but Penny loves herself only!  I repeat...she loves herself only.  I have grown to totally dislike her.  She is only for using people.  The only person I would say she might care about other than herself is Sheldon.   But only so she can mother him and try to control him in her own way and use him to her advantage.   If anyone needs to move away for a while it is her.  She is getting on my last nerve!  

I used to love Penny, but I have grown to totally dislike her because in the last two seasons she has shown herself shallow, self-absorbed, acerbic and aimless.   I don't blame Kaley.  Kaley is doing what the writers ask her to do, but they have turned her character into someone I really find unlikeable.   She also has changed Sheldon into someone I don't even recognize anymore.  It wasn't Amy who changed him, it was Penny. She started since S1 and he isn't at all changing for the better.   She has turned him into someone like her.  He has lost all aim and focus.  No wonder he is confused and needed to go away.    I want him far away from her. 

I hope when he returns, he will realize that Amy was the one that he was smitten with from the start and re-build what they have lost.

• Like 1

That was a great season finale cliffhanger episode - might be cliche to say it made me laugh and cry, but that is what it did - and there will certainly be plenty to dissect and mull over during the summer - the four most important things in Sheldon's life are his job, the comic book store, Leonard and Amy (not necessarily in that order) - and he had to deal with changes in all four of them at once, no wonder he felt the need to get away for the summer to sort things out.

First the comic book store - seeing that burned down made me cry more than anything, they should have had a comic book store montage with Barbra Streisand singing Memories - I can't believe the comic store is gone, I just hope Stuart had good insurance, but given his financial status he may not have, maybe Professor Proton left Leonard and Sheldon money in his will that they can help Stuart rebuild with and he can add DVDs and video games as well as comics - I didn't like Sheldon snapping at Stuart, who had just lost everything, but I think it was to mask the pain he was feeling himself,  it certainly pained me.

With Sheldon's job I still don't understand why he let Kripke get to him in the first place with the idea that working on string theory was a dead end, it isn't like Sheldon to worry about what others think of him , particularly a low life like Kripke who he has no respect for in the first place  - but lots of people go through mid life crises when it comes to their jobs, so I guess Sheldon is not different - I hope in his travels this summer he runs into Stephen Hawking and he sets Sheldon right and puts him back on the path of continuing to work on string theory.

With Amy I am not surprised at Sheldon's reaction to her suggestion of living together, as with Stuart he could have worded it more delicately, but I understood that he felt things changing and moving to fast - Sheldon just had his first date a few years ago and this year he was kissing Amy on Valentine's Day, so while his progress with relationships has been slow, it has been rather remarkable given where Sheldon was when the series started, when the whole idea of a physical relationship baffled and repulsed him - the big things like sex, living together and maybe eventually marriage are just going to take more time. I knew about the tag scene before hand, but I thought Amy would be playfully hitting Leonard with the pillow, but wow she was really whaling on him - she was hitting the wrong person though - Leonard actually tried to talk Sheldon out of leaving,  it was Penny who said they should let Sheldon go.

Lastly Leonard - he really should have known how Sheldon would react to the suggestion that he move out of his own home, I can't really blame Sheldon for being apoplectic about that idea - but as much as Sheldon doesn't want to move out of his home, he doesn't want his best friend Leonard to move out either - it will be interesting to see how the living arrangement situation is resolved eventually - I think things will stay as they are until Leonard and Penny get married, as with Penny living across the hall, there really isn't a rush for things to change now - but after Lenny gets married all three of them living together won't work, although it would be funny, and nether Sheldon living alone in his apartment or switching apartments with Penny seems like the perfect solution - maybe Raj can move in with Sheldon as they worked well as room mates before - but in any case I'd hate to loose the Sheldon/Leonard roommate dynamic, which is my favorite part of the show.

Speaking of Leonard and Sheldon - their goodbye at the train station was the other part that choked me up - when Leonard said 'I'm going to miss you' I just wanted to hug him, that along with the Professor Proton hug two weeks ago are two of my most memorable Leonard & Sheldon moments - and of course Sheldon had to respond with a Han Solo like 'Of course you will' - LOL - I hope Leonard gives Sheldon the Princess Leia reversal of that the day he moves out of the apartment to start his life with Penny, because I think Sheldon will miss Leonard just as much, he just doesn't like to or doesn't know how to express emotions like that - I also liked how Penny talked Leonard into letting Sheldon go, saying that he is a grown man and needs to have this time alone to deal with all the changes going on in his life.

This episode left a lot of loose ends to tie going into season eight as Sheldon has a lot to deal with - I don't know where Sheldon is going or how long he will be gone, but I like the idea of him riding the rails all summer, and I will look forward to seeing what lessons he learned and what changes he wants to make to his life when he returns - ironic that I heard a train whistle in the distance as I was typing this.

Loved the episode and it ranks high among my favorite TBBT season finales - the only problem with it is that now we have to wait four months until the next episode - can't wait for season eight to begin :)

Edited by luke
  • Like 2

I don't see how Sheldon is a jerk.

He finally has the courage to break off with string theory, only to find out he isn't allowed. That is a big slap in his face, and could have reverted him into his old self.

Instead he tries to talk to Amy about it, and doesn't get the support he is looking for.

Finally he goes to his safe place, to find it burned down. That was the final drop.

I'm not saying he did everything right, this episode (or season) but which character did?

That's why I agree with Penny supporting him.

And Penny didn't tell him to leave, he came up with that himself, which actually is progress for someone like Sheldon.

• Like 5

Wow that was really emotional episode, funny moments, but kind of a heartbreaking ending there.  I'm happy for Leonard and Penny are engaged and even happier for Raj that he finally got some LOL, but I just hope this summer sabbatical gives Sheldon some perspective on life and change, but I'm nervous its just means he's going to go back to living with his mother in Texas like he tried to before or something bad is going to happen to him or maybe something too good and then he doesn't want to return :(    I don't want things to change that much, LOL now I sound like HIM!!

I felt so bad for Amy, I wish they had  at least called her to come down to train station with them so she could get a chance to say goodbye in person and actually get to kiss her boyfriend goodbye.  Everyone else got their happy ending accept for her and Sheldon no wonder Amy wanted to pummel Leonard to death. :(  I hope she makes them so miserable all summer by hanging around to much and driving them crazy like Sheldon did to point that actually can't wait for him to return! Now that would be funny.   He better be back in the premiere or soon after it.  Figure since Leonard left and Howard left for whole summers its now Sheldon's turn, but I don't know its just weird that we don't even know where he's going.  I bet he runs into that weirdo Eric guy who loves to ride trains all time and is obsessed with them like Sheldon is the two of them spend summer riding trains and traveling around the country.  If he ends up back at his mom's though I hope she convinces him to return to Pasadena ASAP, she's really good at that.  I wonder if he might even got to stay with Leonard's mom instead oh dear I hope not.  That would only fuel the Sheldon/Leonard's mom shipping which in my opinion is just gross plus Leonard would be upset that she treats Sheldon better than she treats her own son which isn't really right or kind.

Leonard and Penny get to spend whole summer with both apartments all to themselves.

Raj/Emily get to have sex already and spend the summer together.   So do Bernadette and Howard and they don't even have to spend time taking care of Howard's mom Debbie cause now Stuart gets to do it and he's actually happy about it.

I wish Sheldon had instead giving Stuart the back up capital he'd need to rebuilt instead of ready for the insurance company, I'm sure Sheldon has enough money stored away somewhere he could have paid for it and helped out his friend instead of whining like a baby. 

This trip better help him GROW UP! and stop being so selfish if he comes back exactly the same then that will make it pointless.  I know its like he's a kid trapped in a man's body, but its time for him to grow up a little and accept that life does change sometimes and it can for the better if he lets it, he needs to let Leonard and Penny have their own lives and he needs to be a better sweeter boyfriend to Amy otherwise he can just stay gone for good!  But he can never do that the show needs SHELDON LOL

So I'm guessing all next season will be about Leonard/Penny planning their wedding and figuring out the rest of their lives.  Well we better get a fantastic wedding in season 8 finale to make up for the half-assed final proposal we got. :p  I think they should let Amy be the maid of honor and that Sheldon should propose to her for real during their reception either Sheldon proposes or Raj proposes to Emily, probably more likely to be Raj though that is of course if writers don't ruin it for him and break Emily and Raj up way before then.  

Anyway, I rated this episode very good, in that it had a lot of cute, funny and emotional moments, but It just left me really sad there at the end and uncertain because we have no idea where Sheldon is headed too.  No idea what sort of trouble he will get himself into like end up in the  Amazon jungle or something crazy like that.  And like I said I just feel bad for Amy, cause now she has to spend the entire summer alone while Sheldon "finds" himself or whatever, i mean the least they could have done is had Sheldon offer her the chance to go with him like he did for the guys that time he had to go to Antarctica. :(   Good episode, but ugh its going to suck waiting until late September to continue this story, season 8 can't come fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

First the comic book store - seeing that burned down made me cry more that anything, they should have had a comic book store montage with Barbra Streisand singing Memories - I can't believe the comic store is gone, I just hope Stuart had good insurance, but given his financial status he may not have, maybe Professor Proton left Leonard and Sheldon money in his will that they can help Stuart rebuild with and he can add DVDs and video games as well as comics - I didn't like Sheldon snapping at Stewart, who had just lost everything, but I think it was to mask the pain he was feeling himself,  it certainly pained me.

This exactly.  I teared up when Sheldon walked into the comic book store.  Sad for Sheldon, but broken hearted for Stuart, and then to be belittled by Sheldon.  The whole scene was very sad, but I love that Stuart has found a purpose with keeping Mrs. Wolowitz.   Hope this works out for him!

Dear Amy.  As many have said on here, she has some growing up to do just as much as Sheldon.   I was a little surprised by the pillow outburst and didn't find it funny.     I'm very curious and excited for season 8, and wonder how much the 'seriousness' will carry into it.

Leonard was looking fine in his t-shirts.  That is all. 

Edited by sheldorslady
  • Like 1

I don't see how Sheldon is a jerk.

He finally has the courage to break off with string theory, only to find out he isn't allowed. That is a big slap in his face, and could have reverted him into his old self.

Instead he tries to talk to Amy about it, and doesn't get the support he is looking for.

Finally he goes to his safe place, to find it burned down. That was the final drop.

I'm not saying he did everything right, this episode (or season) but which character did?

That's why I agree with Penny supporting him.

And Penny didn't tell him to leave, he came up with that himself, which actually is progress for someone like Sheldon.

Perhaps I was being overly harsh in response to stardustmelody's post, but she is way over the line as far as I'm concerned. Her first paragraph could much more easily be a description of Sheldon, rather than Penny. And in this case I was speaking more about the show generally rather than about this specific episode. I don't hate Sheldon, but even the die-hard fans have to admit that he can frequently be less than nice to his friends.

• Like 2

Sorry, but Penny loves herself only!  I repeat...she loves herself only.  I have grown to totally dislike her.  She is only for using people.  The only person I would say she might care about other than herself is Sheldon.   But only so she can mother him and try to control him in her own way and use him to her advantage.   If anyone needs to move away for a while it is her.  She is getting on my last nerve!  

I used to love Penny, but I have grown to totally dislike her because in the last two seasons she has shown herself shallow, self-absorbed, acerbic and aimless.   I don't blame Kaley.  Kaley is doing what the writers ask her to do, but they have turned her character into someone I really find unlikeable.   She also has changed Sheldon into someone I don't even recognize anymore.  It wasn't Amy who changed him, it was Penny. She started since S1 and he isn't at all changing for the better.   She has turned him into someone like her.  He has lost all aim and focus.  No wonder he is confused and needed to go away.    I want him far away from her. 

I hope when he returns, he will realize that Amy was the one that he was smitten with from the start and re-build what they have lost.

Well, he isn't 'smitten' with Amy and never has been despite the numerous ways she throws himself at him, so keep dreaming. 

Penny doesn't love anyone, huh? Not even Leonard, her fiancee? Or Amy, whom she was endlessly patient with (even kindly telling her to quit intruding on their date tonight)? That's bullshit. She wasn't using him or anybody, she has a relationship with Sheldon because she cares for him. She mothers him because he acts like a child and thus she is forced to treat him as one, same with Leonard. Your accusations are so baseless they are almost amusing. 

You are blaming Penny for characteristics that have always been at his core. Nothing about his behavior tonight was modeled after Penny, and his character mostly started going downhill in the recent seasons, likely because he is being pressured and coerced by a desperate woman who cannot accept the reality of who he is. She didn't tell him to leave, merely supported him in a decision he had already made. 

Your entire post describes Sheldon, or perhaps Amy to an extent. But not Penny by any stretch of the imagination. 

Edited by DaisyJane
  • Like 1

Wow that was really emotional episode, funny moments, but kind of a heartbreaking ending there.  I'm happy for Leonard and Penny are engaged and even happier for Raj that he finally got some LOL, but I just hope this summer sabbatical gives Sheldon some perspective on life and change, but I'm nervous its just means he's going to go back to living with his mother in Texas like he tried to before or something bad is going to happen to him or maybe something too good and then he doesn't want to return :(    I don't want things to change that much, LOL now I sound like HIM!!

I felt so bad for Amy, I wish they had  at least called her to come down to train station with them so she could get a chance to say goodbye in person and actually get to kiss her boyfriend goodbye.  Everyone else got their happy ending except for her and Sheldon no wonder Amy wanted to pummel Leonard to death. :(  I hope she makes them so miserable all summer by hanging around to much and driving them crazy like Sheldon usually does to point that they actually can't wait for him to return! Now that would be funny.   He better be back in the premiere or soon after it.  Figures since Leonard left and Howard left for whole summers its now Sheldon's turn, but I don't know its just weird that we don't even know where he's going.  I bet he runs into that weirdo Eric guy who loves to ride trains all the time and is obsessed with them like Sheldon is the two of them could get to spend the summer riding trains and traveling around the country.  If he ends up back at his mom's though I hope she convinces him to return to Pasadena ASAP, she's really good at that.  I wonder if he might even go stay with Leonard's mom instead oh dear Lord, I hope not.  That would only fuel the Sheldon/Leonard's mom shipping which in my opinion is just GROSS plus Leonard would be upset that she treats Sheldon better than she treats her own son which isn't really right or kind.

Leonard and Penny get to spend whole summer with both apartments all to themselves. Raj/Emily get to have sex already and spend the summer together.   So do Bernadette and Howard and they don't even have to spend time taking care of Howard's mom Debbie cause now Stuart gets to do it and he's actually happy about it.  But Poor Amy. :(

I wish Sheldon had instead giving Stuart the back up capital he'd need to rebuild the comic book store instead of waiting for the insurance company to respond, I'm sure Sheldon has enough money stored away somewhere he could have paid for it and helped out his friend instead of whining like a baby. 

This trip better help him GROW UP! and stop being so selfish if he comes back exactly the same then that will make this entire storyline pointless.  I know its like he's a kid trapped in a man's body, but its time for him to grow up a little and accept that life does change sometimes and it can for the better if he lets it, he needs to let Leonard and Penny have their own lives and he needs to be a better sweeter boyfriend to Amy otherwise he can just stay gone for good!  But he obviously can never do that the show needs SHELDON LOL   I just want more character development from him.  I mean he's okay with people kissing him now Amy and Penny at least, but he's still not okay with being nicer to them, especially Amy who is nothing, but nice to him well that is just ridiculous!

So I'm guessing all next season will be about LENNY planning their LENNY wedding and figuring out the rest of their lives together.  Hope it works out, but I'm sure they'll be lots of bumps along the way.  Well we just better get a fantastic spectacular themed wedding in season 8 finale to make up for the half-assed final proposal we got this season. :p  I think they should let Amy be the maid of honor again and that Sheldon should propose to her for real during their wedding reception either Sheldon proposes to Amy or Raj proposes to Emily, probably more likely to be Raj though since he's such a hopeless romantic, that is of course if these writers don't ruin it for him and break Emily and Raj up way before the finale.  I hope they bring her more into the fold and make her a part of the group.

Anyway, I rated this episode very good, because it had a lot of cute, funny and emotional moments, but It just left me really sad there at the end and uncertain because we have no idea where Sheldon is headed too.  No idea what sort of trouble he will get himself into like end up in the  Amazon jungle or something crazy like that.  And like I said I just feel really bad for Amy, cause now she has to spend the entire summer alone while Sheldon "finds" himself or whatever, i mean the least they could have done is had Sheldon offer her the chance to go with him like he did for the guys that time he had to go to Antarctica. :(   Good episode, but ugh its going to suck waiting until late September to continue this story, season 8 can't come fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 1

Perhaps I was being overly harsh in response to stardustmelody's post, but she is way over the line as far as I'm concerned. Her first paragraph could much more easily be a description of Sheldon, rather than Penny. And in this case I was speaking more about the show generally rather than about this specific episode. I don't hate Sheldon, but even the die-hard fans have to admit that he can frequently be less than nice to his friends.

Doug, I agree with you about Sheldon. I think the difference is this whole show was that he was supposed to not really understand human nature and doesn't even realize he is being a jerk.  Penny, however was always compassionate and did understand human nature.  Now they are both alike.   I blame the writers, not the actors.  The writers have written both of them too much alike now.  They used to be polar opposites and yes, Sheldon is a jerk and self-absorbed and loves himself.   I agree with that, but we knew that from the beginning of the show.   But also, when he met Amy the first time and the first two seasons, he was smitten with her and enjoyed her and she enjoyed him.   It was okay because both were alike and liked each other.  But now they have turned Penny into acerbic Sheldon and Sheldon into aimless Penny...both have become alike.   I don't like the way they write the character. I want the compassionate Penny back who had her own profound wisdom and yet never understood Sheldon.   I want Sheldon who was proud of his work, worked hard and was focused back and who enjoyed Amy and didn't understand Penny.   Once they made Sheldon and Penny bond, they lost themselves as characters and it has been going downhill with the two of those characters since.

• Like 2

Good episode. I liked seeing Leonard stand up for him and Penny, that was great. I did not feel the least bit bad for Sheldon, especially when he was comparing his ordeal to Stuart's. Lenny looked insanely like parents tonight, Penny actually reminded me of my mom when she first dropped me off at college. Leonard was spot on in his Freaky Friday analogy. 

Still can't bring myself to feel bad for Amy. It is abundantly clear that he will not change and does not want to, she got what she asked for. Everyone else is moving on and building adult relationships while she's babysitting the manchild. 

I don't feel sorry for Sheldon either. Quite often I do feel I recognize an element of my own personality. To me Sheldon comes across as an exaggerated image of some of my own quirks. He says stuff we would not normally say out loud. Some of us as we get older rather skip big noisy gatherings. Perhaps I would rather avoid change in relationships. On the other hand I drive a car and ride  the bus all the time.

Back when I was in my 30's I'd go more out of my way to go to family gatherings and drive my kids to their activities. After four kids and so many activities and now my kids do stuff on their own I'm happy to stay home and catch up on my technical reading, After so many years of no time to myself I have a lot of catch up to do. So I am very different than Sheldon but some of the things he says are things I think at times. Perhaps that is one of the thing that makes him popular with fans. He voices stuff that will feel sometimes but could not say.

• Like 1

Penny is absolutely nothing like Sheldon, as evidenced by the fact that she is moving forward in her relationship while Sheldon is off sucking his thumb in the corner. Realizing her aspirations is hardly a sign she is becoming like Sheldon. She is still compassionate and understanding of others, and that was clear tonight when she understood that Sheldon needed to leave for a while. Sticking around wouldn't have done him any good, and she saw that. 

Edited by DaisyJane
  • Like 2

Doug, I agree with you about Sheldon. I think the difference is this whole show was that he was supposed to not really understand human nature and doesn't even realize he is being a jerk.  Penny, however was always compassionate and did understand human nature.  Now they are both alike.   I blame the writers, not the actors.  The writers have written both of them too much alike now.  They used to be polar opposites and yes, Sheldon is a jerk and self-absorbed and loves himself.   I agree with that, but we knew that from the beginning of the show.   But also, when he met Amy the first time and the first two seasons, he was smitten with her and enjoyed her and she enjoyed him.   It was okay because both were alike and liked each other.  But now they have turned Penny into acerbic Sheldon and Sheldon into aimless Penny...both have become alike.   I don't like the way they write the character. I want the compassionate Penny back who had her own profound wisdom and yet never understood Sheldon.   I want Sheldon who was proud of his work, worked hard and was focused back and who enjoyed Amy and didn't understand Penny.   Once they made Sheldon and Penny bond, they lost themselves as characters and it has been going downhill with the two of those characters since.

I'm sorry, I just don't see that.

Or this. IMHO she loves Leonard very much and her friends, including Sheldon, as well. This is what I see on the show. And she only mothers Sheldon because he acts like a child. Perhaps it's enabling, but I don't think it's purposeful. She certainly is not using him!

• Like 2

That is what worries me a little - with the open ended nature of his departure, what if Sheldon never returns? - I guess that what makes it an affective cliffhanger and I know logically that he will be back at some point, but as irrational as it might be - a part of me is going to worry about it until Sheldon is safely back in Pasadena.

This exactly.  I teared up when Sheldon walked into the comic book store.  Sad for Sheldon, but broken hearted for Stuart, and then to be belittled by Sheldon.  The whole scene was very sad, but I love that Stuart has found a purpose with keeping Mrs. Wolowitz.   Hope this works out for him!

Dear Amy.  As many have said on here, she has some growing up to do just as much as Sheldon.   I was a little surprised by the pillow outburst and didn't find it funny.     I'm very curious and excited for season 8, and wonder how much the 'seriousness' will carry into it.

Leonard was looking fine in his t-shirts.  That is all. 

I liked that Stuart got along so well with Mrs. Wolowitz - I  like how Sheldon gets along better with Leonard's mother and Leonard gets along better with Sheldon's mother - now Stuart gets along better with Howard's mother than Howard - it's like musical mothers - LOL - losing the comic book store really was heart breaking - I hope they find a way to salvage it next season because the show just wouldn't be the same without the comic book store.

• Like 2

Like others I don't think Penny and Sheldon are at all alike. There is simply some parallels in their situations 

That is what worries me a little - with the open ended nature of his departure, what if Sheldon never returns? - I guess that what makes it an affective cliffhanger and I know logically that he will be back at some point, but as irrational as it might be - a part of me is going to worry about it until Sheldon is safely back in Pasadena.

I liked that Stuart got along so well with Mrs. Wolowitz - I  like how Sheldon gets along better with Leonard's mother and Leonard gets along better with Sheldon's mother - now Stuart gets along better with Howard's mother than Howard - it's like musical mothers - LOL - losing the comic book store really was heart breaking - I hope they find a way to salvage it next season because the show just wouldn't be the same without the comic book store.

Perhaps the loss of comic books will allow some growth in these characters. Maybe it is even a metaphor for growing up.

• Like 2

There is no way Penny or anyone else would use Sheldon, he is simply not worth the aggravation no matter the benefit. To accuse Penny of using him is preposterous to the point of being funny.

• Like 5

Sheldon has been pretty much himself in this episode. He is so disappointed that he can only think about how everything is changing and he desperately needs to keep his order, his peace, and it is all falling apart.

His reaction to Amy's suggestion of moving in together is also natural, he obviously doesn't want to rush into things in their relationship.

I don't feel sorry for Amy, she is so strong, she will deal with that, even though she freaked out at the end too, hitting Leonard with all her anger.

Raj is so cute in this episode, he is so proud of himself that he needs everyone to know about his accomplishment.

The fun part was all with Howard and Bernadette, and also Stuart at the end.

Bernie was so funny in this episode, and the couple was also really really cute together. 

I don't think that the 4 months Sheldon will be away will break the Shamy apart, but I guess they will grow up and start a new moment in their relationship without the need of a written agreement. Sheldon could be even trying to have a new spontaneous behaviour.

As a very optimistic person myself, I think it will all end up fine for season 8, as the psychic previewed already.

• Like 1

I loved this episode and it didn't strike me at all as some kind of strike against Amy or as a blow to the Shamy. Amy didn't seem all heartbroken or even sad after Sheldon left her apartment. When he stormed out, he was practically crying--over the changes and the fact that the syrup Quik was better than the powder Quik, not because he didn't want to spend his future with Amy.

And she looked more confused at the statement about the Quik than anything else.

And when she came by the guys' apartment, she was of course a bit concerned, but when she came over and sat with L/P, she seemed perfectly happy, not like the Evil Sheldon had just crushed her soul along with her hopes and dreams.

I think that Penny was a good objective ear for Leonard when they got to the train station. Leonard is used to looking after Sheldon and being a buffer for him against the world. As I said on the other forum, I think Sheldon is both a grown man, as Penny said, and a child in a man's body, like Leonard said. He needs to find for himself what that balance is. Really, all the guys have that man/child streak in them, which is where a lot of the humor has come from on this show. They've certainly grown up a lot over the years, but I always remember Howard in the pilot telling Penny that Raj can't speak to women because he's kind of a nerd, then offering Penny a juice box...

Anyway, I think it was right that Amy wasn't at the train station. This really was a Leonard/Sheldon issue with Penny there to give Leonard some perspective.

I haven't had a chance to read everyone's comments, but based on what everyone was envisioning for this episode, I think it wasn't in any way as bad as everyone was insisting it was going to be.

Well, it's after 2am, so I've got to go to sleep, but I'm sure there will be more to discuss in the morning.

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 5

She's his girlfriend and should of been there imo

Yes she should have been, because the last scene we see them both on screen is not a happy ending.

Sure we hear them talking on the phone in 4a, but you can see Amy falling apart, that's why she lashes out on Leonard.

• Like 5