The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nursepam

Where Did The Table Go!?

So just finished watching episode 22: The proton transmogrification and noticed that the dining room table is gone! There was an entire episode dedicated to that and they just took it away? Think maybe they shot out of order and it will be back? 

Sheldon wished it into the cornfield.  I think the point was that it was never going to be there.

• Like 1

@phanta, Where is that reference from? It rings a bell from some sci-fi story where all involved walked very carefully around the feelings of a dangerously enabled little boy.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

@phanta, Where is that reference from? It rings a bell from some sci-fi story where all involved walked very carefully around the feelings of a dangerously enabled little boy.

Children of the Corn? *shudder*

Are you talking about that Twilight Zone episode about the boy who could read minds and forced everyone to be happy all the time?

Yeah it was an old Twilight Zone episode with Billy Mumy as the kid who could basically do anything he imagined. If he didn't like you, he could do something, like turn you into a dog or whatever. If he really hated something or someone, he would wish them into the cornfield, meaning they would just disappear.

I don't remember the name of the particular episode, though.

It was very creepy.

ETA: I think it was someone else who came up with the cornfield reference back when the episode first aired (or the one right after it, where the table was gone), but I love the reference, so I've repeated it.

Children of the Corn? *shudder*

Children of the Corn was originally a Stephen King story, I think. I read it a million years ago, and then they made a TV movie out of it, and then, sadly, they made more, as I recall.

Edited by phantagrae

Yeah it was an old Twilight Zone episode with Billy Mumy as the kid who could basically do anything he imagined. If he didn't like you, he could do something, like turn you into a dog or whatever. If he really hated something or someone, he would wish them into the cornfield, meaning they would just disappear.

I don't remember the name of the particular episode, though.

It was very creepy.

ETA: I think it was someone else who came up with the cornfield reference back when the episode first aired (or the one right after it, where the table was gone), but I love the reference, so I've repeated it.

Children of the Corn was originally a Stephen King story, I think. I read it a million years ago, and then they made a TV movie out of it, and then, sadly, they made more, as I recall.

The Twilight Zone episode was called "It's a Good Life". It was first broadcast in November 1961 during the 3rd season of the show and is considered a classic.

The Twilight Zone episode was called "It's a Good Life". It was first broadcast in November 1961 during the 3rd season of the show and is considered a classic.

And one of the several remakes of TZ (the one hosted by Forrest Whitaker) had a sequel to that episode, called "It's Still a Good Life," with Billy Mumy reprising his role as Anthony. The episode was set some 30+ years after the original, with a now-adult Anthony having a daughter who turns out to have the same powers as he does, only moreso.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Edited by Martin Pollard

And...

from the story "It's a Good Life" by Jerome Bixby. First published in the 1953 collection Star Science Fiction Stories No 2,

The phrase "... his wet, purple gaze.." still perturbs.

So, not Sheldon. :)

Edited by Nogravitasatall