The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  

I noticed something. When Leonard went out with Amy since Sheldon wouldn't when Leonard said he had a good time Sheldon Got the impression Leonard was interested in her and got upset with him for it. However when Amy kisses Penny and is drunk Sheldon doesn't seem to really care at all. 

He probably wasn't threatened since he sees them both as heterosexual..

but maybe he should've been because Amy seemed a little bi curious lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by FrankyDagostino
  • Like 1

I think that was before they were really dating, as it was at the end of season 4, and the thing with Leonard was in Season 5, but maybe as another poster said, he doesn't feel threatened by the girl/girl dynamic as opposed to the girl/boy dynamic.  Plus, I think it was the words Leonard used to describe he had a good time with Amy that really set Sheldon off.

Amy had a drunken peck on the lips with Penny--something Sheldon knew was meaningless as he saw it first-hand. Whereas Leonard had a "fun time", Amy helped him "loosen up", and his "groin was worse for wear"--comments that sound a lot less innocent than the kiss with Penny. I think Sheldon being more jealous of the latter than the former just makes sense when viewed from Sheldon's perspective; there's no mystery or double standard here.

• Like 3

Yeah I agree that he didn't see Penny as a potential love interest for Amy based on that kiss that's why he wasn't jealous. But I think he was kinda annoyed especially when she was singing in the taxi. But it had more to do with the fact that she had alcohol which Sheldon disapprove etc. At the end of the day he does think Penny is a bad influence for Amy. So I think he was a bit annoyed but not jealous and it makes sense.

• Like 1

Amy had a drunken peck on the lips with Penny--something Sheldon knew was meaningless as he saw it first-hand. Whereas Leonard had a "fun time", Amy helped him "loosen up", and his "groin was worse for wear"--comments that sound a lot less innocent than the kiss with Penny. I think Sheldon being more jealous of the latter than the former just makes sense when viewed from Sheldon's perspective; there's no mystery or double standard here.

That would seem to be the case.  It makes sense at any rate.