The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SheldonCooperFan

Virtually Useless Devices And Invention Thread

This is for inventions that seems to have a purpose but are for the most irrelevant or unneeded as we already have better means or better tools that do it better. First off I would like to bring to attention the "Fire Alarm" now while they are often found in every home they seem to be more a nuisance than any real help to anyone. The fire department might recommend we all have one but its pretty useless if you think about it. If you are in the kitchen and you start a fire well of course your going to take means to put it out. Having an alarm go off is not helping you put out the fire. Its clear you already see that. Now in most cases were there would be a fire in the home you are not going to need an alarm to do something about it. If you are asleep it might wake you up but if you are present in most cases you will realize the fire and even if you don't you can smell smoke and burning. If an alarm happens to go off when no one is home what good it is. Fantastic its saying there is a fire but if there is a fire and no one is home to see it does it really matter how much the useless alarm goes off? Unless these alarms are going to send a signal to the local fire department there is really no use for them in most cases. Another wonderful invention is the banana chopper which has been argued unnecessary. http://www.kitchenandcompany.com/kitchen-tools/food-prep-tools/slicers/_/Banana-Slicer?tc=gfs13&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=Banana%20Slicer&gclid=CI-7q67xmL4CFciGfgodMYEAFg

I've never seen shoes with brollies on them.

I get that about fire alarms. Smoke alarms, however... Mine seems to detect heat if I've got the gas oven on.

In the UK smoke alarms are not generally fitted in kitchens, mine is in the hall two doors away!

Edited by rachelshamyfan

Nearly no one in México has an electric dishwasher. I've secretly never understood the need for them. They're expensive, noisy, they need a lot of space and just overcomplicate things. You rinse the dishes before putting them in... Soaping them would take an extra 3 seconds each. You stack them in the thing, then stack them AGAIN in the cupboards... Double, unnecessary work and extra power expenditures... I just Don't get 'em...

• Like 1

Nearly no one in México has an electric dishwasher. I've secretly never understood the need for them. They're expensive, noisy, they need a lot of space and just overcomplicate things. You rinse the dishes before putting them in... Soaping them would take an extra 3 seconds each. You stack them in the thing, then stack them AGAIN in the cupboards... Double, unnecessary work and extra power expenditures... I just Don't get 'em...

What I dont understand about dish washers is that you still need to wash the dishes before you put them in the washer in most cases. So if you have to wash the dishes yourself whats the point of the dishwasher. People dont seem to see the pointlessness of this. Its called a "DISH WASHER" if it cant wash my dishes than clearly its not serving its purpose. 

Edited by SheldonCooperFan
  • Like 1

If this thread is not enough for you, you can GOOGLE "STUPIDIOTIC" if you want !

It was one of my favorite stores whenever I went to Big Bear, Ca.

They have such useless gag gifts such as a DVD Rewinder (wait for it, you'll get it).

They have specialty items such as Jelly Belly's with the shape and taste of Peas and carrots.

They have "useful" items such as a Crib Dribbler which is basically a large water feeder (think of your hamsters water bottle) for the new baby.in your life.

It's a whole store full of "Virtually Useless Devices and inventions".   

Edited by walnutcowboy

How about a sign that says "Caution! This sign has extremely sharp edges" and "Blind persons cross here"..