The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SheldonCooperFan

Speculations And Ideas Discussion For Shamy

I thought it would be funny if Sheldon and Amy end up having intercourse that Sheldon doesn't enjoy it and says something like "I don't see what everyone keeps going on about" and than Amy feels terrible and confines in penny to figure out what she did wrong. Than Amy trys ridiculously hard to be attractive for sheldon and does a bunch of wacky things such as try and dress up as wonder-woman and puts on too much make up and fails miserably at every attempt since sheldon just doesn't get what shes trying to do. Yet gives her some approving comment but not the type of reaction Amy wanted. Than at the end of the episode either Amy or Penny bluntly tells Sheldon exactly what they are trying to do. 

Edited by SheldonCooperFan

That is kind of what they are doing now just without the sex.  Sheldon wondering what the big deal with romance is and Amy trying/hoping to change his mind. 

How so? Its not as though its out of character.

At this point, your first sentence is extremely out of character.

• Like 1

How so? Its not as though its out of character. 

It's completely out of character and exaggerated like, I'm sorry, a bad fanfic that doesn't understand the actual characters on the show.

• Like 2

It's completely out of character and exaggerated like, I'm sorry, a bad fanfic that doesn't understand the actual characters on the show.

Not really. Sheldon:is usually clueless. Despite the fact hes a genius he doesn't always understand the normal social cues most people do. Amy:is willing to try anything to get Sheldon interested and loves Penny Also Penny:Sometimes has been blunt in the past when asking Sheldon these type of things. So its not really that out of character. Also the idea that Sheldon would try something like that and compare it to what others think about it something hes done. So that isnt out of character either. ITs clear you don't know anything about the characters of the show. 

Edited by SheldonCooperFan

Not really. Sheldon:is usually clueless. Despite the fact hes a genius he doesn't always understand the normal social cues most people do. Amy:is willing to try anything to get Sheldon interested and loves Penny Also Penny:Sometimes has been blunt in the past when asking Sheldon these type of things. So its not really that out of character. Also the idea that Sheldon would try something like that and compare it to what others think about it something hes done. So that isnt out of character either. ITs clear you don't know anything about the characters of the show. 

Oversimplified and not really understanding.

Sheldon is clueless oftentimes if he's not the one initiating sexual discussion.  That doesn't mean that he doesn't get it all the time.

And why would he go so far as to have sex with Amy if he was still that clueless about all things sexual?

And it's ridiculous that Amy would be that clueless about what it takes to interest Sheldon--she's already demonstrated that she understands him more than any other clueless girl might.  Thankfully, the writers haven't had her doing dumb stuff like trying to get all dolled up or whatever.  Her few attempts have been odd--Star Trek outfit, good, Snow White and Catholic School Girl, bad--but intended to be funny, not pathetic stupid attempts to "entice" Sheldon.

And while Penny can be straight and frank with Sheldon, so can Amy.  She doesn't need to run to Penny over everything.

If and when Sheldon and Amy get to the point that they're ready to try sex, I think they will have crossed over some pretty serious communication lines and be able to sort out things themselves.

What you're talking about is cheap caricature and cliche.  This show is written better than that.

I do know about the characters on the show--and I believe in a more in-depth way than you seem to be envisioning them.  They are each more than a random, broad single type of behavior.

• Like 7

ITs clear you don't know anything about the characters of the show.

Phanta been posting in depth analysis of the characters for almost two years, has been very logical about their analysis, and has been shown to be correct more often than not. You're posts have been rife with fallacies (examples on request), which weakens your arguments almost every time. One of the bigger examples was your not recognizing what a metaphor was, when someone mentioned making love to a coffee cup.

• Like 4

ITs clear you don't know anything about the characters of the show. 

You've got a great sense of humor, you know that? That's one of the funniest things I've read all day.

• Like 1

Oversimplified and not really understanding.

Sheldon is clueless oftentimes if he's not the one initiating sexual discussion.  That doesn't mean that he doesn't get it all the time.

And why would he go so far as to have sex with Amy if he was still that clueless about all things sexual?

And it's ridiculous that Amy would be that clueless about what it takes to interest Sheldon--she's already demonstrated that she understands him more than any other clueless girl might.  Thankfully, the writers haven't had her doing dumb stuff like trying to get all dolled up or whatever.  Her few attempts have been odd--Star Trek outfit, good, Snow White and Catholic School Girl, bad--but intended to be funny, not pathetic stupid attempts to "entice" Sheldon.

And while Penny can be straight and frank with Sheldon, so can Amy.  She doesn't need to run to Penny over everything.

If and when Sheldon and Amy get to the point that they're ready to try sex, I think they will have crossed over some pretty serious communication lines and be able to sort out things themselves.

What you're talking about is cheap caricature and cliche.  This show is written better than that.

I do know about the characters on the show--and I believe in a more in-depth way than you seem to be envisioning them.  They are each more than a random, broad single type of behavior.

The fact the characters have done this on multiple occasions does not mean its the only aspect of their personalities. Also I never said that Amy is clueless about Sheldon. Also I said the person to be blunt would be (Amy or Penny) since Penny gets to the point where shes like "Screw it ill ask" and Amy a lot of times will say whatever is on her mind and has not shown to always be the best liar.  So if someone was going to tell him something like this its probably going to be one of these two women. That does not mean Amy NEEDS Penny to do it. Also Amy does not need Penny for everything but its clear she puts a great amount of value into what Penny does and think. Also both Amy and Sheldon have pointed out how "Experienced" she is in bed. So if amy messed something up IN BED it makes sense to ask Penny for Advice. Also the Star trek thing as well as the spaghetti thing was psychology. So if she did that once why is it out of character for her to do it another time? Amy has used a lot of psychological tricks to try and get Sheldon more interested. If anything that is showing her NueroBiology background. Also its really arrogant to believe just because you don't like another person idea its automatically wrong. Also Amy did get all Dolled up in an episode. The episode to Disney land she dressed as snow white and tried to get Sheldon to kiss her. Which he unfortunate for her simply ignored. So if you are saying women are stupid for getting dolled up than you are saying she is an idiot for getting dressed like snow white. 

She was foolish to think that that was the way to get Sheldon to respond, yes.

Primarily that was to show the difference in how each of the guys responded--Leonard and Howard were instantly turned on (why?!?!) and Sheldon was completely indifferent.

At any rate, the story idea you put forth is completely out of character.  None of them are that stupid and shrill and Sheldon isn't that clueless, either.

Fortunately, others are in charge of the story-telling.

Phanta already addressed your post, but I'd like to point out this sentence:

So if you are saying women are stupid for getting dolled up than you are saying she is an idiot for getting dressed like snow white.

This sentence encapsulates why a lot of people here don't take your comments seriously. Look back at what Phanta actually said:

Thankfully, the writers haven't had her doing dumb stuff like trying to get all dolled up or whatever. Her few attempts have been odd--Star Trek outfit, good, Snow White and Catholic School Girl, bad--but intended to be funny, not pathetic stupid attempts to "entice" Sheldon.

Phanta didn't say she was an idiot for getting dressed like Snow White. This is know as creating a straw man. You misrepresent what was said, then try to refute the misrepresentation you created, not what the other person actually said. How about if you are going to argue something, quote content verbatim and intent correctly?

• Like 3

I don't understand how Amy becoming physical for the first time with the man she loves and said man telling her to her face that he didn't enjoy it and her trying desperately to make him change his mind could be funny in any way. I think it's OOC because Sheldon will do anything sexual only if he is really really sure he wants it and can handle it and up to now he enjoyed the D&D sex and kissing Amy. So, when they do get physical I am certain will enjoy if not the act itself the closeness it will create between him and Amy. But my problem is not that if it's OOC or not. I honestly find nothing funny about that it's rather sad and cruel towards Amy I doubt I could laugh with that. It makes Sheldon look bad too cause even if he is oblivious most of the times and he accidentally hurts the people he loves I want to believe that he would know better than to hurt like that a woman who gave herself to him. He would let her down more gently but it would make the whole thing way wayyy dramatic.

• Like 5

I don't understand how Amy becoming physical for the first time with the man she loves and said man telling her to her face that he didn't enjoy it and her trying desperately to make him change his mind could be funny in any way. I think it's OOC because Sheldon will do anything sexual only if he is really really sure he wants it and can handle it and up to now he enjoyed the D&D sex and kissing Amy. So, when they do get physical I am certain will enjoy if not the act itself the closeness it will create between him and Amy. But my problem is not that if it's OOC or not. I honestly find nothing funny about that it's rather sad and cruel towards Amy I doubt I could laugh with that. It makes Sheldon look bad too cause even if he is oblivious most of the times and he accidentally hurts the people he loves I want to believe that he would know better than to hurt like that a woman who gave herself to him. He would let her down more gently but it would make the whole thing way wayyy dramatic.

Isnt that the joke though? Amy trying to get Sheldon to pay attention and him either not getting it or just totally blowing her off. Hes done this for most of the relationship. Like when she dresses as snow white and says "All I need is a kiss" and Sheldon acknowledged she said that but would do nothing about it. So do you just think Sheldon is a jerk in general? 

Isnt that the joke though? Amy trying to get Sheldon to pay attention and him either not getting it or just totally blowing her off. Hes done this for most of the relationship. Like when she dresses as snow white and says "All I need is a kiss" and Sheldon acknowledged she said that but would do nothing about it. So do you just think Sheldon is a jerk in general?

He enjoyed the D and D sex, he enjoyed the kissing, so I would find it hard to believe he wouldn't enjoy the sex, if he was ready for it, and if he's not ready, he won't do it.  But, back to Cecillia's comment.  Your statement:

I thought it would be funny if Sheldon and Amy end up having intercourse that Sheldon doesn't enjoy it and says something like "I don't see what everyone keeps going on about" and than Amy feels terrible and confines in penny to figure out what she did wrong.

Cecillia said she doesn't see how it's funny. So, for her, there is no joke in there.

• Like 4

Well he is a jerk but he is loveable jerk cause most of the times he doesn't understand that the things he'll say will hurt someone. As Tensor said I just don't find that funny. Anyway I don't think he does that throughout the relationship. For example in the Launch Acceleration episodes she does that experiment to increase his feelings and she needed like two minutes to be successful. They have the dynamics you describe sometimes but I don't find anything funny about it. Plus the is a huge difference to say you dislike handholding to your partners face and for the writers to exploit that to get create funny scenes rather than deal with sex which is way more intimate. It's just not funny to me.

• Like 1

Well he is a jerk but he is loveable jerk cause most of the times he doesn't understand that the things he'll say will hurt someone. As Tensor said I just don't find that funny. Anyway I don't think he does that throughout the relationship. For example in the Launch Acceleration episodes she does that experiment to increase his feelings and she needed like two minutes to be successful. They have the dynamics you describe sometimes but I don't find anything funny about it. Plus the is a huge difference to say you dislike handholding to your partners face and for the writers to exploit that to get create funny scenes rather than deal with sex which is way more intimate. It's just not funny to me.

I see your point. 

well if sheldon enjoys kissing her...

he will def. enjoy sex...

While I don't think they will write him not eventually enjoying sex (once he gets there), I don't think it necessarily follows that just because he enjoys kissing that he will automatically enjoy sex. I think it would all depend on what it is that he's hung up on in regard to sex. :p

• Like 2