I will never, ever, ever, put myself through Schindler's List or Sophie's Choice again. I hated the whole of humanity for about a week after and can't even think of 'the scene' in Sophie's Choice without my eyes burning.

Oh, and Jessie's song from Toy Story Two makes me tear up too, "When somebody loved me".

Just from the top of my head

The Green Mile

The Broken Circle Breakdown ( one could cry from start to end with that movie )

Toy Story 3 (because the toys were about to die and they were holding hands!!! )

Movies that have properly placed BGM on the right scene. So, if there are movies that start to make you cry, try noticing the BGM at the moment you start tearing up.

The notebook..

PS i love you.

At the top of my head

Mrs. Doubtfire – The courtroom hearing scene after it is revealed to Miranda (the mom) that Mrs. Doubtfire is her estranged husband and the ending when the dad (forget his name but I’m thinking it may have been Daniel) arrives to take the kids for the afternoon with the TV showing Mrs. Doubtfire reading a letter from a girl whose parents are going through a divorce.
Toy Story 3 – The incinerator scene and when Andy gives away his toys to Bonnie.
Toy Story 2 – “When She Loved Me” flashback sequence
Click – Michael (the main character) dying in the rain trying to stop his son by not making the same mistake he made by being a workaholic
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - Dobby’s death need I say more
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - The epilogue and several scenes in the movie
Marley and Me - The ending when Marley dies
October Sky – The hospital scene when Homer visits his teacher Miss Riley, who is dying of Hodgkin's disease and another scene from the movie that I’m trying to remember.
The Muppets (2011) – The ending of the movie when they do not meet the telethon goal and the musical number Man or Muppet (with a cameo from Jim as human Walter)
Ghostbusters – Ending scene after the battle with Gozer when Peter thinks Dana died.
My Girl - Thomas Jay’s death from being stung by bees and his funeral.
Bambi – Bambi’s mom being shot and dying
Up – The first 10 or so minutes of the movie are as sad as sad can get for animated movies.
The Lion King - Mufasa tumbling to his death at the hands of his brother while his son Simba looks on in horror.
Edited by JoeSal90

Second Brokeback Mountain! Oh my goodness, the scene when Ennis sniffs Jack's shirt makes me howl (helped along by the background music of course Luckyboy, the score is so beautiful in this movie it can make you cry on its own).

Ditto Bridges of Madison County.

As Toy Story Two's 'Jessie's Song' has been flagged again, only right to link here.  Get your hankies ready. :(

Is this video terrible quality or have my eyes just gone a bit blurry?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mary and Max. It was without a doubt one of the most touching movies I have ever seen. It deals with issues like loneliness and acceptance and friendship. It's animation but it's not just for kids and I thought there was a bit of a black humor at times. I loved the aesthetics and it definitely added to the moving climate it created. Loved it and it made me tear up which never happens.

• Like 1

Toy Story 3 made Leonard cry too!

I know.I think he even said the "holding hands" line about the toys.. :p To be honest I didn't literally cry cause that hardly ever happens to me about a movie but I genuinely think it was really moving.

Mary and Max. It's about a lonely girl who writes to a guy with Asperger's. It's got to the point where I can't even put it on, because I'm thinking about the end.

I really want to watch that again!!! But it's so beautiful and so sad at the same time. I am so moved when I even think of their friendship.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Toy Story 2 - Jessie's song "When Somebody Loved Me"

Toy Story 3 - toys holding hands in the incinerator scene

Lion King - Rafiki holding aloft baby Simba in the opening scene

Dumbo - when he's separated from his mother

Matilda. It's one of my favorite films. In the scene where Matilda whips out the adoption papers and has Miss Honey adopt her, I welled up a bit. It took a huge toll on me and I still don't know why. The whole story really resonates with me.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame. But that's just a given. Everybody cries during every minute of that freakin' movie. The producers all obviously had PhDs in How To Rip A Person's Heart Out Through Their Throat.

12 Years a Slave. Miraculously, the tears were held back until that final scene. Then it all came pouring out. Fifteen minutes, in a fetal position on my bed, broken.

The Help. If anyone's seen this film, you already know. Saw it theaters, watched the old woman lift her hand up and place it on the screen door... And I lost it.

Monsters, Inc. "Boo?" "Kitty!" PIXAR just destroys me inside.

Meet The Robinsons. THE ENDING. TOO PERFECT. How can an ending be so happy, so wonderful, and yet here I am, bawling my eyes out?

Toy Story 3. "So long, partner." GOODBYE CHILDHOOD.

I Am Legend. WHY DID YOU KILL THE DOG? IT'S ALREADY A WELL-KNOWN RULE THAT IN MOVIES YOU JUST AREN'T ALLOWED TO KILL DOGS. It's cheap and it's not okay!

Dumbo - when he's separated from his mother

Oh nonononononononono. Don't even get me started on that scene. That scene broke me beyond repair. That scene ruined me. I had nightmares FOR WEEKS.

Matilda. It's one of my favorite films. In the scene where Matilda whips out the adoption papers and has Miss Honey adopt her, I welled up a bit. It took a huge toll on me and I still don't know why. The whole story really resonates with me.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame. But that's just a given. Everybody cries during every minute of that freakin' movie. The producers all obviously had PhDs in How To Rip A Person's Heart Out Through Their Throat.

12 Years a Slave. Miraculously, the tears were held back until that final scene. Then it all came pouring out. Fifteen minutes, in a fetal position on my bed, broken.

The Help. If anyone's seen this film, you already know. Saw it theaters, watched the old woman lift her hand up and place it on the screen door... And I lost it.

Monsters, Inc. "Boo?" "Kitty!" PIXAR just destroys me inside.

Meet The Robinsons. THE ENDING. TOO PERFECT. How can an ending be so happy, so wonderful, and yet here I am, bawling my eyes out?

Toy Story 3. "So long, partner." GOODBYE CHILDHOOD.

I Am Legend. WHY DID YOU KILL THE DOG? IT'S ALREADY A WELL-KNOWN RULE THAT IN MOVIES YOU JUST AREN'T ALLOWED TO KILL DOGS. It's cheap and it's not okay!

Oh nonononononononono. Don't even get me started on that scene. That scene broke me beyond repair. That scene ruined me. I had nightmares FOR WEEKS.

And then there's Watership Down - first bit I saw was a bit of an accident: big bad bunny with eyepatch slashed face of innocent rabbit. I cried for days. Could never watch the movie. Can't even listen to Bright Eyes.

I don't actually cry at movies, but those that make me feel sad include:-

Fatal Love.

Silent Running.

Talking to Heaven.

You've Got mail.

Addicted To Love.

Sleepless In Seattle.

The last three because, when Meg Ryan looks like she's going to cry (she's very good at acting like that), it gets to me.