The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SheldonCooperFan

Some Things You Learned From Shows(Sheldon Life Lessons)

Your topics seem to always catch my eye. its like we have the same brain or something.

back to topic. I guess i suppose the first is to get a roommate agreement if/when you get a roommate.

The episode where sheldon asks penny for acting lessons, i started getting into reading body language. Also the show rekindled my interest in learning stuff. And also the part where he creates an algorithm in making friends. then the rest are indirect lessons.

• Like 1

I have to admit I always felt closer to Amy than Sheldon.
I  had date a "Sheldon" for 3 years and he's still my best friend now haha 

I watch the show for only two years soon so I don't think I had time to learn things, if there are things to learn in it of course.
I don't know, as the characters, I'm growing up (as everyone else ... you know, growing up help sometimes to understand when you did a mistake and how to fix it ^^)

The only thing I can think about is how this show made "geeks" popular and as I'm a geek in different domains, I'm glad TBBT helps some people to feel less alone.

• Like 2

Fings I have learned from the telly:

All English people are evil!  Yes, you are! (I'm English so I know, okay.)

If you find yourself in a zombie apocalypse, don't decide to commit to another person, and never share your future hopes and dreams, it's a sure-fire way to get picked off in a sentimental heart-rending end scene.

Likewise, if you are in a situation where you are in the company of a serial killer or supernatural monster, don't be a slut-bunny.  The one who gets her tits out is always for the chop. Also, probably best not to go outside with a torch to have a looksee what that noise was.

If you have sex with someone you shouldn't,  you WILL get pregnant okay, them's the rules!

If you are an evil villian, just kill the good guy, don't show him your evil plans, it will surely backfire on you.  Just shoot him, okay.  No need to be flash.  As for bombs, you don't need an hour on the timer, and don't put a countdown on it, it's a dead giveaway, and different coloured wires, why?  Frankly, I think you're just crying out for attention, but that's the English for you eh.

Ladies who have just had sex (with a simultaneous mutual orgasm to boot), put their bras and pants back on to go to sleep.  I mean, who sleeps naked?

Someone's cut your brakes in your car?  You could use the gears to slow down, and the hand-brake......but why would you?

In a martial arts fight to the death, if you're part of the bad pack, it's polite to wait your turn to fight the good guy.  Never all pile on, that's just rude.

Edited by AThingOfBeauty
  • Like 2

Fings I have learned from the telly:

All English people are evil!  Yes, you are! (I'm English so I know, okay.)

If you find yourself in a zombie apocalypse, don't decide to commit to another person, and never share your future hopes and dreams, it's a sure-fire way to get picked off in a sentimental heart-rending end scene.

Likewise, if you are in a situation where you are in the company of a serial killer or supernatural monster, don't be a slut-bunny.  The one who gets her tits out is always for the chop. Also, probably best not to go outside with a torch to have a looksee what that noise was.

If you have sex with someone you shouldn't,  you WILL get pregnant okay, them's the rules!

If you are an evil villian, just kill the good guy, don't show him your evil plans, it will surely backfire on you.  Just shoot him, okay.  No need to be flash.  As for bombs, you don't need an hour on the timer, and don't put a countdown on it, it's a dead giveaway, and different coloured wires, why?  Frankly, I think you're just crying out for attention, but that's the English for you eh.

Ladies who have just had sex (with a simultaneous mutual orgasm to boot), put their bras and pants back on to go to sleep.  I mean, who sleeps naked?

Someone's cut your brakes in your car?  You could use the gears to slow down, and the hand-brake......but why would you?

In a martial arts fight to the death, if you're part of the bad pack, it's polite to wait your turn to fight the good guy.  Never all pile on, that's just rude.

This made me laugh so hard. I love this. 

I have noticed a number of villains are British in American media or sometimes they simply toss in a British character for no apparent reason. Like "DropDeadFred" with the British Fred to what seems to be an American Child with an American mother and those accents are clearly not British and if they are not as noticeable as freds. So it really makes no sense to give her a British IMAGINARY best friend. I think because of the accent most Americans just assume all British are super intelligent and since villains are always evil geniuses they naturally associate it with the British with their wonderful accents. 

Your topics seem to always catch my eye. its like we have the same brain or something.

back to topic. I guess i suppose the first is to get a roommate agreement if/when you get a roommate.

The episode where sheldon asks penny for acting lessons, i started getting into reading body language. Also the show rekindled my interest in learning stuff. And also the part where he creates an algorithm in making friends. then the rest are indirect lessons.

Glad you enjoy my posts mickey. 

Edited by SheldonCooperFan

This made me laugh so hard. I love this. 

I have noticed a number of villains are British in American media or sometimes they simply toss in a British character for no apparent reason. Like "DropDeadFred" with the British Fred to what seems to be an American Child with an American mother and those accents are clearly not British and if they are not as noticeable as freds. So it really makes no sense to give her a British IMAGINARY best friend. I think because of the accent most Americans just assume all British are super intelligent and since villains are always evil geniuses they naturally associate it with the British with their wonderful accents. 

I also find there's a correlation between the poshness of the English accent and level of evil; more posherer=more eviler (evil lessons are compulsory in private schools here).

Suspect that the martial arts bad guys, even if not portrayed as English, are also channelling our innate evil. After all, queuing is our national past time, an intrinsic quality within us that none can better. No one can queue like the English, I tell you, no one!

• Like 1