The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fitzsimmons

Supporting Amy/shamy On Social Media After The Finale

Supporting Amy/Shamy on social media after the finale  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which hashtag do you think is most effective at conveying a positive and profound message to the writers?

• #WhatAboutAmy
    • #WhereWasAmysGoodbye
    • #AmyDeservesLove
    • #AmyIsKey
    • #SheldonNeedsAmy
    • #SheldonLovesAmy
    • #ShamyIsKeySeason8
    • #ShamySeason8
    • #LoveForShamy
    • #ShamyLoveS8
    • Other (please discuss below)

Hey Shamy fans! Hopefully I'm doing this poll right...

As we discussed in the spoiler thread, we would like to plan to all use one hashtag right after the airing of the season 7 finale on the east coast that sends a clear and poignant message to TPTB that we want to see some positive progress for Shamy in season 8. We will all choose a hashtag together and all use it between 8:30pm EST and 9pm EST on Thursday, May 15 in the hopes that it will become a trending topic on Twitter. We will use this hashtag in many tweets towards TPTB -- in case it does not trend, at least they will still see it in their mentions!

In addition, we would also like to draft one or two specific tweets that everyone can schedule to post on their Twitter through Twuffer to post at the same time -- 8:30 pm EST on Thursday, May 15 -- to the head writers. It will include a brief message about what we think of the finale or what we hope for the follow season, and it will include our predetermined hashtag. We can discuss below exactly how we want that language to go. It has to be positive and uplifting -- no yelling or cursing! We want to point out the things that we love about Shamy and encourage them to continue the trend in a positive direction for next season and beyond.

We might also decide to do another flurry of tweets between 8:30pm and 9pm PST (11:30pm-12am EST) for the west coast airing.

Please vote above with which hashtags you think most accurately represent a positive message as well as a specific one! And discuss below if you have any other ideas, or what sort of tweet you think we should all send out together.

And I will edit this post with the specific accounts we will be tweeting to with our message. So far, we think it should include:

@billprady

@BigBang_CBS

Edited by MichyGeary
  • Like 9

Do you think 30 or so obsessive fans deliberately manipulating a social network medium to make it look like their concerns are genuinely representative of a much wider fanbase is particularly honest? But then, I'm sure it's something Amy would do. :unsure:

I genuinely believe if enough people catch hold of our tweeting, even those who are interested in the show enough to care about Sheldon and Amy (There are many more who are NOT on this forum, I used to be one) will join in. 

Why *not* give it a try?

It can be a social media experiment of sorts.

It won't hurt to try and it wold not hurt anyone?

• Like 4

We should post our twitter handles also so we can follow and retweet, that'll help with # saturation.

I am: https://twitter.com/ala005

My handle is @MichyGeary!

We should also think about what unified tweet we want to send out in addition to just using the hashtag. And are there any PTB I forgot to mention in the initial post that you guys want to tweet at?

I don't think Steve uses his twitter much anymore.  I suggest leaving him out.

Edited by notchinc
  • Like 2

I don't think Steve uses his twitter much anymore.  I suggest leaving him out.

Good to know, thanks!

Do you think 30 or so obsessive fans deliberately manipulating a social network medium to make it look like their concerns are genuinely representative of a much wider fanbase is particularly honest? But then, I'm sure it's something Amy would do. :unsure:

We're not deliberately manipulating a social network. One of the great things about social media is that it gives the consumer the ability to communicate to the brand (in this case, a TV show). We are using Twitter for this purpose, the same way many people use it every day.

Like SuchaHag says, it's not going to hurt. We want to get their attention, but in a positive way. The best thing that could happen is that TPTB think to themselves "wow this small number of people must really care about our show and its characters." The worst thing that can happen is that they either don't see it or they don't respond to it. It's going to be a fun experiment, so please do not fret! :)

Also, I'm probably going to make a throwaway twitter account (not that I don't trust you guys, more just I'm embarrassed by the ridiculous tweets from my younger self  :laugh: ) Will post my handle asap!

• Like 7

Okay guys, it looks like #ShamySeason8 wins out! But everything else you can still express in sentiment. Remember, try not to use more than one hashtag per tweet. It's more effective to just use the one. But you can tweet things like "Where was Amy's goodbye? #ShamySeason8" or "Amy deserves love! #ShamySeason8"

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this Michy! I am glad we are doing this. It's a small effort on the part of us Amy/Shamy fans that may or may not have an impact. But hey, at least it gets out there :)

I would recommend so as to not over-do it and upset anyone, let us be sensible and only post maybe once a week or two over the summer, if you feel passionate. But especially after the finale it would be great if we could get this to trend.

I am personally going to let them know how Mayim and Amy turned me from a casual viewer to an obsessed fan so that's one angle. I'd also post about asking where Amy's family history is. Just anything positive about Amy/Shamy over the summer could be great.

Let's defend the Vixen ;)

• Like 2

Ok now I'm more excited about this than the finale itself!! Thank you Michy for your work on this.

Maybe we can ask those with really big tumblr blogs to give a shout out to their followers about the hashtag right after the finale airs?

Isn't it obvious that they're going with this already, this being the positive Shamy progress?...

Edited by FrenchBBTfan

Not that obvious really when Amy can't even ask a perfectly reasonable question to her boyfriend without him freaking out

Relationships are supposed to be about communication and we saw them have their annual state of the relationship meeting at the start of 7'15 but we learned nothing from it

Amy should be able to ask questions its only fair otherwise how does she know what he's thinking

He should use this time away to think about her needs but I have this feeling that he will go straight to Lenny when he does return

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 1

It's more about requesting from the writers that Amy be considered a valuable character, and a valuable person in Sheldon's life. The writers gave him a touching moment to send him off, and it wasn't with his girlfriend. It was with his roommate. Leonard and Penny have their own story and their own life now. It's time to cleave Sheldon from the codependent relationship he has with them. He needs to be his own man and make his own way and his own life with the woman he (we presume) loves. We're just asking that the writers show some equality in their relationship, and that Amy not be relegated to secondary status. She's a valuable part of his life, and of the show, and we'd like to show the writers how much we enjoy her and their story.

• Like 3

Thanks for this, MichyGeary! :) Wonderful idea.

Now, before I set my tweets and since I live in a completely different time zone... The right one is GMT-05:00 Eastern Time, right? I did double check on my own but I'd like to be extra safe. You never know. :p

ETA: Forgot to ask. Should we include Bill and the official account only in our first tweet?

Edited by teoriapostmoderna
  • Like 1

Thanks for this, MichyGeary! :) Wonderful idea.

Now, before I set my tweets and since I live in a completely different time zone... The right one is GMT-05:00 Eastern Time, right? I did double check on my own but I'd like to be extra safe. You never know. :p

ETA: Forgot to ask. Should we include Bill and the official account only in our first tweet?

Yes, that is correct! Eastern time, GMT-5, set it for 8:30pm. And then between 8:30 and 9pm, we'll just tweet naturally. But we'd like to have everyone scheduled for the same minute for one unified tweet!

Speaking of which, does anyone have any ideas for what to tweet? I'm thinking something like:

@billprady @BigBang_CBS What about Amy? Hope to see her play a more central role in the show and Sheldon's life next year! #ShamySeason8

But if anyone has any better versions than that, please feel free to discuss. x D

• Like 4

Thanks for clarifying. :)

That tweet sounds great and sends the message! I vote for that one.

• Like 1