Supporting Amy/shamy On Social Media After The Finale

fitzsimmons

Supporting Amy/Shamy on social media after the finale  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which hashtag do you think is most effective at conveying a positive and profound message to the writers?

• #WhatAboutAmy
    • #WhereWasAmysGoodbye
    • #AmyDeservesLove
    • #AmyIsKey
    • #SheldonNeedsAmy
    • #SheldonLovesAmy
    • #ShamyIsKeySeason8
    • #ShamySeason8
    • #LoveForShamy
    • #ShamyLoveS8
    • Other (please discuss below)

Here's a few I think I'll send out...

@billprady @BigBang_CBS Great Finale. I'm wondering where Amy's goodbye was, though! #ShamySeason8

@billprady @BigBang_CBS I'm hoping to see Amy be a more central part of Sheldon's life next season! #ShamySeason8

@billprady @BigBang_CBS That finale needed more Shamy. :) #ShamySeason8

(ok I'm kind of lying with the first "great finale" but I'm trying to be nice) I'm not afraid to overkill it on Twitter.

I'm trying to make them slightly different, do we want to all be sending out the exact same tweet? 

• Like 3

What about : @billprady @BigBang_CBS You destroyed the Shamy and diregarded Amy, I fu*king hate you, BURN IN HELL !!! #Worstfinalever

Ok just kidding... although...

Yes, that is correct! Eastern time, GMT-5, set it for 8:30pm. And then between 8:30 and 9pm, we'll just tweet naturally. But we'd like to have everyone scheduled for the same minute for one unified tweet!

Speaking of which, does anyone have any ideas for what to tweet? I'm thinking something like:

@billprady @BigBang_CBS What about Amy? Hope to see her play a more central role in the show and Sheldon's life next year! #ShamySeason8

This one is great. It's polite and sends the message. I'm in. But I wouldn't be able to post at a precise timing. I'll do it as soon as possible tough.

It's going to be hard to survive the final.

• Like 3

What about : @billprady @BigBang_CBS You destroyed the Shamy and diregarded Amy, I fu*king hate you, BURN IN HELL !!! #Worstfinalever

Ok just kidding... although...

HAHAHA I'm laughing so hard you don't even know.

I think they're using Twuffer which will actually post the tweet for you! So that could send it out at the exact moment. :)

Since I'm central time I have mine set to 7:30. Since that is when the episode will be over here! I have it set to actually tweet out 3 right away.

Edited by tyleranne

I scheduled 30 tweets on Twuffer. Talk about overkill. :p

I only wrote the first two directed to Bill and the official account, though - trying to be polite. lol

I don't know if I'll be awake since I'm not watching, but if I do I'll be sure to RT you all!

• Like 2

Here's a few I think I'll send out...

@billprady @BigBang_CBS Great Finale. I'm wondering where Amy's goodbye was, though! #ShamySeason8

@billprady @BigBang_CBS I'm hoping to see Amy be a more central part of Sheldon's life next season! #ShamySeason8

@billprady @BigBang_CBS That finale needed more Shamy.  :) #ShamySeason8

(ok I'm kind of lying with the first "great finale" but I'm trying to be nice) I'm not afraid to overkill it on Twitter.

I'm trying to make them slightly different, do we want to all be sending out the exact same tweet? 

Great tweets! Yes, the important thing is to stay positive. We want to tell them what we like and what to see more of, instead of what we don't like that we want them to fix.

Definitely vary your own tweets for yourself. My initial thought was to have one tweet that everyone uses, and then we would make other versions on our own to perpetuate the hashtag in separate, varied tweets. But on second thought, maybe we should just stick to pushing the hashtag along witho ur genuine thoughts on the finale.

This one is great. It's polite and sends the message. I'm in. But I wouldn't be able to post at a precise timing. I'll do it as soon as possible tough.

You can use Twuffer to schedule the tweets for you! So just write out a few ahead of time that you can have post at 8:30pm EST (or spread them out like 8:30, 8:31, 8:32, 8:33, etc) and it'll do the work for you. :) And for anyone who hasn't actually seen the finale yet, you can just schedule some general tweets about what you hope for next season and then tweet on your own in real-time whatever your genuine reactions to the finale are. As long as we stay positive and polite. ;)

• Like 1

We're not deliberately manipulating a social network. One of the great things about social media is that it gives the consumer the ability to communicate to the brand (in this case, a TV show). We are using Twitter for this purpose, the same way many people use it every day.

Like SuchaHag says, it's not going to hurt. We want to get their attention, but in a positive way. The best thing that could happen is that TPTB think to themselves "wow this small number of people must really care about our show and its characters." The worst thing that can happen is that they either don't see it or they don't respond to it. It's going to be a fun experiment, so please do not fret! :)

Also, I'm probably going to make a throwaway twitter account (not that I don't trust you guys, more just I'm embarrassed by the ridiculous tweets from my younger self  :laugh: ) Will post my handle asap!

No, I think the worst that could happen for Shamys is that tptb get so annoyed by an orchestrated twitter flood from a very vocal minority of obsessed fans that they decide to fling Amy down the elevator shaft to be rid of them. :blackeye:

Or, they might somehow find out about this topic and realize that the flood isn't a spontaneous uprising from outraged fans but rather a pre-planned and coordinated scheme to attempt to manipulate the future of the show.  =@

Just saying.

• Like 1

No, I think the worst that could happen for Shamys is that tptb get so annoyed by an orchestrated twitter flood from a very vocal minority of obsessed fans that they decide to fling Amy down the elevator shaft to be rid of them. :blackeye:

Or, they might somehow find out about this topic and realize that the flood isn't a spontaneous uprising from outraged fans but rather a pre-planned and coordinated scheme to attempt to manipulate the future of the show.  =@

Just saying.

seems%20legit.jpg

I scheduled the inital tweet - but I will live Tweet for any others.  

Yes, definitely! In addition to scheduled tweets, I encourage anyone to also live tweet on top of that, whatever your gut feeling is about the finale. And retweet each other as it promotes the cause and adds to the count for the hashtag.

• Like 1

All right, here's what I'm tweeting if anyone needs any inspiration!

@billprady @BigBang_CBS What about Amy? Hope to see her play a more central role in the show and Sheldon's life next year! #ShamySeason8

@billprady @BigBang_CBS Sad that Sheldon got a "send-off" from his roommate instead of his girlfriend. What about Amy? #ShamySeason8

@billprady @BigBang_CBS I hope that Amy gets more of a central role in Sheldon's life next year! #ShamySeason8

@billprady @BigBang_CBS Where was Amy's goodbye? Please include Amy in more of Sheldon's "big life" moments next year! #ShamySeason8

@billprady @BigBang_CBS Such progress for Sheldon and Amy this season, hopefully it resumes in the fall! #ShamySeason8

@billprady @BigBang_CBS Happy to see conflict for Sheldon/Amy but wishing they continue to move forward, not back, next year! #ShamySeason8

@billprady @BigBang_CBS Glad to see Sheldon affected by the progress in his relationship with Amy. Hope he confronts it soon. #ShamySeason8

Just saying.

Yeah, I'm sorry guys, but this is out of my comfort zone. It seems pretty obvious to be that Shamy is endgame and I don't think Amy is any more mistreated than all the other characters are. I don't see any of the Shamy shippers sympathizing with Leonard and Penny and how their engagement was completely disregarded and pushed aside by everybody else's problems. They announced their engagement and everybody cared more about Raj having sex. Leonard tried talking to Sheldon about their new living arrangements and got yelled at. He tried to talk to his mom and not only did Sheldon tell her about the engagement, but he just got crap from her about it. They tried to have a nice dinner and Amy interrupted it. They ended their night dealing with Sheldon. If Sheldon and Amy got engaged and all of that happened to them, everybody would be outraged. If Sheldon cooked a nice dinner for Amy and Penny walked in and wouldn't leave, no Shamy shipper would care if Amy yelled at Penny to leave. 

I can't stand the double standards and I also just can't get around the idea of telling the writers how to develop their characters. They are well aware that everybody likes Shamy. They are well aware that everybody loves Amy Farrah Fowler. But this is their story to tell. I absolutely, 100% can't stand it when the writers of a show care so much about the demand of their fans that they lose their way. The only thing something like this is going to accomplish is backlash. If I was doing my best to progress these characters as I saw fit and it was never good enough for the outspoken viewers, I'd be tempted to mess with them. 

We have all fallen in love with this show and it's cast of characters as the writers imagined them to be. If they started changing things around at our request, it would ruin everything. Just let them do their job and stop tempting them to do something crappy to Shamy because they have annoying fans who are never satisfied.

• Like 8