The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fitzsimmons

Supporting Amy/shamy On Social Media After The Finale

Supporting Amy/Shamy on social media after the finale  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which hashtag do you think is most effective at conveying a positive and profound message to the writers?

• #WhatAboutAmy
    • #WhereWasAmysGoodbye
    • #AmyDeservesLove
    • #AmyIsKey
    • #SheldonNeedsAmy
    • #SheldonLovesAmy
    • #ShamyIsKeySeason8
    • #ShamySeason8
    • #LoveForShamy
    • #ShamyLoveS8
    • Other (please discuss below)

I understand that you all want to say something, but is this not a little like Amy hitting Leonard with the pillow? It's self-referential in that the show predicted what would happen outside the show, i.e, Amy/Shamies hitting the parties they blame with something that won't actually hurt.

More power to your arms and good luck.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

IDK, we didn't say anything mean..didn't attack them...just expressed our views on the season overall. Personally I only directed 2 or 3 tweets to TPTB and they all said something about how I love where Shamy went this season and hope to see even more positivity in the future. I really hope they wouldn't view THAT as annoying...

IDK, we didn't say anything mean..didn't attack them...just expressed our views on the season overall. Personally I only directed 2 or 3 tweets to TPTB and they all said something about how I love where Shamy went this season and hope to see even more positivity in the future. I really hope they wouldn't view THAT as annoying...

No, I don't think they mind comments like that. You expressed positive thoughts and didn't bash them for what they did or didn't do.

I'm just seeing comments all over the place about how Amy deserves better and how dare they not respect her as a character and they better give her more time and attention next season or else. That is crossing a line for me. She gets plenty of attention. She isn't "disrespected" more than any other character is for the sake of comedy. The writers created a peaceful resting place/resolution for Howard, Bernadette, Mrs. Wolowitz, Stuart, Raj, Leonard, and Penny. They left Sheldon and Amy hanging in the balance. Doesn't that guarantee their storyline will be a focal point of the premiere and S8 in general? Isn't that what we want? Amy isn't alone. Sheldon is just as miserable as she is by the end of S7 and since they are the key to each other's happiness, I view that as a positive thing. It's bringing the focus to them and their relationship and the progression we all want. Aside from the initial shock, this outrage is completely unwarranted and bordering on ridiculous at this point.

• Like 1

No, I don't think they mind comments like that. You expressed positive thoughts and didn't bash them for what they did or didn't do.

I'm just seeing comments all over the place about how Amy deserves better and how dare they not respect her as a character and they better give her more time and attention next season or else. That is crossing a line for me. She gets plenty of attention. She isn't "disrespected" more than any other character is for the sake of comedy. The writers created a peaceful resting place/resolution for Howard, Bernadette, Mrs. Wolowitz, Stuart, Raj, Leonard, and Penny. They left Sheldon and Amy hanging in the balance. Doesn't that guarantee their storyline will be a focal point of the premiere and S8 in general? Isn't that what we want? Amy isn't alone. Sheldon is just as miserable as she is by the end of S7 and since they are the key to each other's happiness, I view that as a positive thing. It's bringing the focus to them and their relationship and the progression we all want. Aside from the initial shock, this outrage is completely unwarranted and bordering on ridiculous at this point.

Ah yes I do see where you're coming from. I cannot take credit for the idea or what anyone else may have tweeted... but I do know that the point behind all of this was, as the title of this thread suggests, to support Shamy and Amy after the finale. At least with the direct tweets towards TPTB. We did not want to bash the finale, threaten the writers to either include more Shamy "or else", or act outraged about what they did, but rather wanted to say we love Shamy and hope to see more good things for them through a few tweets 1 or 2 minutes after the finale aired. In fact the direct quote in the very first post of this thread from MichyGeary was "It has to be positive and uplifting -- no yelling or cursing! We want to point out the things that we love about Shamy and encourage them to continue the trend in a positive direction for next season and beyond."

Yes we want Amy to be a bigger part of his life, and that will probably happen with season 8!

There were a lot of different feelings towards this finale, overall I am happy with where it's going and NONE of the scenes bothered me except for the very last one because I felt bad for Amy's reaction. I know she will be fine, however. But, if a few people want to ask Bill where her goodbye was, what's the harm? We just wanted to see him think of Amy. There are bigger things going on besides Amy for sure...but I guess I'm just being a little selfish towards my ship..haha. You are right, Sheldon and Amy are BOTH pretty miserable right now and it's bringing focus on them. Their story more than likely will be the focal point in the beginning of S8. 

Sorry I'm a little defensive about this twitter thing, because for some reason people are lumping this into all the negative comments they're seeing about the finale on Twitter/Tumblr. That really wasn't what we were trying to do.

• Like 1

ummmmmm  I am sure his is joking about his desire to get an honorary degree...but still.  

Organized Twitter campaigns (like pushing a guest star) sure are annoying on the receiving end. Justice, I suppose for past behavior of mine

THIS

and

"100% can't stand it when the writers of a show care so much about the demand of their fans that they lose their way"

THIS

I cannot believe how some people just want shamy humping on camera so they're happy. I for one think the physical part of their relationship is thousands of miles away and I don't know why some shamy fans want to force the issue. I would have felt extremely uncomfortable watching an emotional and ridiculous good bye between Sheldon and Amy, they are just NOT there yet. Now flooding the creator's twitter account with ridiculous demands is just plain crazy. Don't they care about the characters and being true to their own well-paced progression? at this point I honestly hope the shamy breaks up, it pains me to say this as a former shamy shipper but I just do not see one single reason to keep shipping these characters any longer. I hate pushy/obnoxious Amy, I miss the old shamy. Oh well, I will always have" the herb garden germination"...

• Like 2

Okay I'm just going to say this and then I'm going to get the hell off this website because I am in complete disbelief right now.

This was only ever about telling the writers that we love Shamy and Amy and want to see more of it. It was never about making demands or else, or telling them that we hate this or that. People tweet TPTB. It happens. They say things like "Oh I felt so bad for Sheldon!" and "I'm so happy Leonard and Penny are engaged!" and what have you. How is this any different? We just wanted to make sure that the Amy part of the fan feedback was heard, so we wanted to coordinate a time, since we were probably all going to tweet them respectively anyway. This was about promoting support and positivity and just giving our honest feedback about what we like and enjoy and love. If they didn't want to hear from the fans, they wouldn't be on social media. Plain and simple.

The whole point of having a public forum to discuss the show is to discuss. the. show. And some of you people are acting like it's the end of the world if we, god forbid, tell the writers what we think. You act like we're captives held to their every whim and desire and we should never look them in the eye or make a sound in case they hear us and decide to step on us out of rage that we dared to say, "Hey, I like this character that you wrote."

People are allowed to tell the writers what they like. That's what this was about. If you don't believe me, go back and read the first post. 

I can't believe how quickly some of you will twist words and act like this is some torch and pitchfork assailment. It was about the exact opposite. It was saying we love something and want to see it continue in a positive direction. I cannot believe this attitude of "stay quiet and passive and don't ever speak up about anything you feel at all because god forbid you tell the writers you like something, they might get rid of it just to spite you!" That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

and this:

...is so absurd to me that I don't think I ever want to come back to this website. Who the hell ever said anything like that? We were talking about including Amy in Sheldon's life, in more scenes, in more stories. We never said anything about physicality at all. Way to completely fabricate something that no one ever said ever in this thread whatsoever at all. Are you kidding me? 

Thank you to everyone who saw the merit in this endeavor and participated. I appreciate you guys having level heads and seeing the value in sharing with the writers what we enjoy about the show and being perfectly calm and rational about it. But I'm not going to hang around this website anymore if a simple "support this character for half an hour" idea is going to be met with such hostility from people who claim to be in support of the character.

tumblr_inline_n5p6oont8q1qg7mct.gif

I think that some people take everything personally.. It seems as if some cannot engage in healthy debates without trying to hit below the belt or belittle someone else's opinion......... the extent to which some are willing to attack others because of their opinion is disgusting... thats why I mostly stay out of the general spoiler threads and show discussions........ I love TBBT and am obsessed with Jim Parsons :).... but nothing thats said on here is gonna affect me to the point that i need to be nasty towards someone else.. .. It really takes the fun out of it  sometimes... 

• Like 1

I can't believe how quickly some of you will twist words and act like this is some torch and pitchfork assailment. It was about the exact opposite. It was saying we love something and want to see it continue in a positive direction. I cannot believe this attitude of "stay quiet and passive and don't ever speak up about anything you feel at all because god forbid you tell the writers you like something, they might get rid of it just to spite you!" That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

But you're guilty of twisting words too. Nobody ever said you had to stay quiet and passive and never speak up about anything. I tried to make it clear that I had no problem with the writers getting messages of encouragement, but that I thought there was a fine line between a suggestion and a demand or threat. There is also a fine line between retweeting to get their attention and spamming. I wasn't accusing anybody of anything in particular. I was just trying to voice my opinion by saying it was a slippery slope and anybody partaking should be careful to make the right decisions. 

I agree that some people on here were much more blunt and disrespectful than they should have been, but honestly, if anything said here doesn't apply to you and your intentions, don't own it! My irritation was definitely centered around what people were saying on Tumblr, not you. I'm sorry if anything I said hurt your feelings or made you feel unwelcome here because that wasn't my intention at all. 

• Like 2

Michy I don't think you should feel you are being forced off the forum

Nobody should have that much power to do that to you!

Rise above it!

• Like 1

The whole point of this was to combat the potential negativity from fans lashing out, particularly from anyone who might be spoiler-free and unprepared and reacting in the heat of the moment and taking it out on the writers. The whole point of this was to provide something positive for them to read in hopes of negating some of that backlash and give them something supportive and respectful to read. And yeah, we needed strength in numbers for that. The writers are going to get inundated with comments on social media the night of the finale, anyway.Whether we plan it or not. Our goal was to skew it to be more favorable than not. I didn't expect everyone to want to participate and that's fine, whatever, everyone do what you want, but for anyone who was interested in generating some positive feedback specific to Amy and Shamy, then I wanted to provide a structure for doing so.

But I'm not going to argue on this any more since it's already said and done days ago and at this point we're just debating the merits of communication and social media and it's not even relevant anymore. I'm just really disappointed that something that was intended to be so positive has gotten people so riled up, and I'm not interested in defending it any more. 

Edited by MichyGeary

MichyGeary I am sure that yours has been a positive and nice initiative, (I am not on twitter otherwise I would have participated) and I don't believe that the writers are children, they know that the people can express admiration or disappointment about the plots of the sitcom, therefore I don't honestly see the problem!

About Amy.. I have also noticed that the character, spece in this season, has lost a part of its internal strength, but I am sure that the end of Thursday has also been thought for allowing to Amy to grow and to have its ransom in the next season. For the authors has been easier to change Amy that Sheldon, they have perhaps exaggerated, but  they can repair a bit  the plot, I want to believe that they will do it!
Edited by Shamyyy^-^
  • Like 1

Oh, hum. Hi all. Long time no see. I see things have been getting pretty heated on here. I wasn't aware this was organised for the finale night. Even though I did not watch the last 4 eps (and hence my disappearance from the boards), I did tweet Bill of my own accord because I had been holding it for a while. While I can understand that organised campaigns can backfire and be irritating when one is on the receiving end of one (although Bill himself started one the other day so he could get an honorary degree from his Alma Mater!!!), I think if people feel the need to express their negative opinion (in a civilised way, of course) they should be allowed to do so. I don't understand why we should shield the writers from negative criticism and only approve of positive tweets. To say "Don't complain or things might get even worse" is frankly kind of disturbing, in so many ways.

Also, if writers changed their course of action on the show in a vengeful way out of annoyance because of a bunch of negative comments, then it would make me wonder whether they truly are grown professional men and women or just a bunch of middle-school kids with a very thin skin. That idea always kind of reminds me of fanfic writers who cross their arms and threaten not to update if the reviews are negative or if not enough people review. That shows an incredible lack of integrity with respect to your own story, and I would hope that professionals are a little better than that. There are tons of people out there who truly despise the show and probably send far harsher and more obnoxious messages than anyone on here ever will, and people who harass them on a daily basis. I'm sure they know that this comes with the territory when you're a writer on television's #1 comedy. Not to mention they can very well block people when they've had enough (Bill has been known to do so in the past), so I'm pretty sure they can manage their own life in the social media frenzy just fine. They don't need bodyguards.

As for Amy being given the same amount of importance or consideration as other characters or not, I think that's an extremely subjective definition and it depends on what you mean by importance and consideration. Is she getting the amount of screentime she deserves? Yes. Is she getting even more plots than some of the lead characters? At times, yes. Leonard this year had pretty much nothing to do other than sit around waiting to get engaged whereas at least Amy had her plots with Howard, with Raj, with Howard and Raj, with the girls, with the gang and so on. 

But it is also true that, compared to the Amy in S4 and 5, she's become extremely unidimensional and a lot less interesting than she used to be, and her importance and impact in Sheldon's life has declined significantly and steadily over the last two years. This episode was really the culmination of that decline. They might have an unconventional relationship, but in the past they used to be written like she mattered a lot to him and she filled the role a significant-other SHOULD fill in their partner's life, even if that role was to create internal turmoil and discomfort. She was not just a nuisance and a burden. Which is what was endearing about it: they were not physical and they were not conventional (hell, they were in denial about being a couple for over one year!) but they were still written like a couple. It was a wonderful message that it isn't sex or romance or labels that makes a relationship real. And I feel that has been solely lacking recently. I feel like they've traded that intellectual connection for some physical crumbs here and there and they call that "progress". When I personally couldn't care less that they're kissing if that intellectual connection is gone. I didn't get into this couple because I wanted to see Sheldon kiss a woman or get laid or married. I got into it because I was fascinated with Sheldon building a quirky, loving bond with his intellectual equal, and I've said many times I would have been happy with this being an asexual relationship so long as that mental connection was there. It's now gone, and I am trying really hard to stop from deluding myself into thinking it will ever come back, despite how badly I want to hope for it.

So, to me, while she might be getting the right amount of screentime and plots (and more so this season than last), she isn't getting the right amount of consideration in terms of characterisation, consistency (the amount of blatant disregard and downright contradictions in her backstory is baffling: Friendship Turbulence being the most glaring example this year) and particularly with respect to the role she was invented to fill: Sheldon's significant other. Things have changed quite significantly in that arena in the last two years, and I am personally really struggling with it, because she is the reason I got into the show. To see my favourite character stripped of the characteristics that made her so precious in my eyes and go from being a special exception in Sheldon's life to a prop who is written like she's some random, pushy, whiny girl who has a massive crush on a guy she's not dating and she doesn't really have much of a chance with unless he gets up on the right side of the bed in the morning is frankly really hard to swallow. Raz put it best last night when we were chatting: it isn't Amy that ruined Sheldon, it is Sheldon that ruined Amy. That's really how I see it, in a nutshell. And the reason I've stopped watching. If the writers' intent was to make me stop rooting for this couple, well… they've achieved that. 

I know that some here will disagree with this assessment and feel that Amy is being handled with the consideration and respect she deserves. But that doesn't mean those who feel differently shouldn't be allowed to express their opinion (even to the writers) or that we are wrong or are not paying attention. As long as it's done in a constructive, civilised manner and not with insults and swearwords, I don't see anything wrong with voicing a concern/complaint.

I do agree though that, ultimately, I don't think this will have much of an impact simply because they probably just dismiss organized campaigns and I doubt that they will change a writing style they're so comfortable with just to please some disgruntled fans. If critics and award nominations aren't swaying them, I doubt a Twitter campaign will. Having said that, who knows. Maybe they haven't really noticed how things are coming across (like they didn't with the gay-for-Penny jokes until people started getting fed up with them), and giving them a hint here and there might have at least get them to think about it. People beyond this forum have noticed how Amy is being sidelined too, even reviewers. In any case, once again, if it's civilized and respectful, I see no problem with it. The issue is that you can't control the people who tweet, and you might start one off with the intent of it being civilized and then some hot-heads who are not even part of the forums take over the hashtag with insults and rudeness and that can become embarrassing for everyone. So, yeah, pros and cons. It's a slippery slope. 

PS You missed my essays (not), didn't you? ;)

I agree with a lot of what you say about what they've done to Amy. I liked her when she first came on the show. Since then they've made her very needy, desperate, manipulative and unlikeable. But Sheldon did not ruin her. I'd say that the writers ruined both of them in an attempt to force them into a conventional romantic relationship. They just don't seem to like each other much anymore.

Edited by djvang

I have never had doubts on the fact that Sheldon loves Amy as Amy loves Sheldon.. the authors have only to find the balance  correct among the two characters without that Amy is too crushed by him..
and however it doesn't have sense speak here of this, this page served only for the poll.. don't be angry Michy!  :imsohappy:
Edited by Shamyyy^-^

Michy, it was great. Your whole idea and the execution was awesome, so please don't let others bring you down. If you want to express to the writers how you feel about the show, then you should be able to do that! You didn't bash them, and you were completely respectful. No harm done at all.

There was a bit of lashing out on this thread, which I was totally not expecting. I mean if people didn't like the idea, then they just shouldn't do it. Why do they feel the need to bring us down? It's a shame really. I came to this forum because I was looking for support from fellow BBT lovers that I don't get in my daily life out in the real world. I don't want to feel like I can't say what I truly want to without fear of getting criticized. 

Anyway, it was well done, Michy! And you know what else? It was fun! I enjoyed the whole thing :)

You know I got your back, girl!

I guess I just don't understand some of the logic here. If 7 of you guys expressing your desire to see more of Amy and Shamy in future episodes has the power to do good, doesn't it also have the power to do something bad? And if it doesn't have the power to do a darn thing, why say anything at all? I mean, you wanted to get their attention and you believed you could have a positive effect, so the same logic could be used for those of us who worry it could have a negative effect also, right? 

We all come here to talk to like-minded people about how we're feeling. I understand that it might be upsetting to see people against this idea, but the reason it exists is upsetting to me. I just came from a fandom that was completely destroyed by outspoken shippers. The writers cared so much about what their audience thought that they let it distract from what the show is really about and everything fell apart. First and foremost, this show is a comedy and things like Penny telling Amy to leave or Amy hitting Leonard with a pillow are going to happen for a quick laugh. The average viewer doesn't think anything of it, but it's all I've been hearing about for the past 3 days because the more enthusiastic fans have a problem with it.

As much as I love it here and as much as I enjoy reading into the smaller details, I absolutely hate that digging deep into the heart of a comedy has turned everything into a drama scene. It makes me sad. I enjoy this show so much and just like some of you guys are disheartened by some of the things said in this thread, I'm disheartened every time I read a post full of nothing but negativity and reasons why the show "better do this" or "better change that". I'll be honest and say that I'm going to watch until the last episode no matter what happens. It's a bright spot in my life and I'm just not the kind of person to let doubt in the writers or hopes for my ship ruin something that is still 10x better than anything else I watch. Whether everything goes my way or not, I have always been thoroughly entertained and I want to talk to other people who feel the same way. It's hard when all you want to do is talk about all the exciting possibilities for next season and you're met with discouraging scenarios that the majority of you feel is more likely to happen because you're paranoid about things that have disappointed you in the past.

I'm not saying this to suggest that you should shut up and stop raining on my parade. I just want the other side to be recognized. I feel horrible that some of you are so upset by this season that you've taken a break or you have little hope for what will come next. I've been there before with other things and it's absolutely no fun. You guys deserve a place to talk about your frustrations and fears and worst-case-scenarios. All the same, every time I read how sad the finale made you and the decline of Amy and Shamy, my heart sinks a little bit because I have so much hope. We have 3 more season to go with the hope it'll swing in our favor. No matter what happens, some people will love it and some people will hate it, but the negativity about a season that hasn't even happened yet really does get me down. 

Sadly, I don't really have a solution. I definitely think everybody should be able to say how they feel and we should be considerate of one another so this can be the happiest place possible for all viewpoints. Nobody should leave because they feel unwelcome or because somebody disagrees with their point of view. 

Edited by shamyyellow
  • Like 1

These twitters are probably not going to do anything good for the pairing, but hey, if it's something that you want to do and it makes you happy, there is no reason to justify. A campaign like this is certainly not going to do bad either...

I joined the forums nearly 2 years ago and I lurked for a while and back then Shamy fans were in very high spirits and the only negative comments came from a few people who were not fans of the couple to start with or people who preferred Sheldon single. You can go back and read some of the posts yourself. And I can assure you it had nothing to do with the fact that back then we weren't "digging to deep into a comedy" and that "digging to deep" is what turned everything into a drama scene. I can assure you that people have been digging to deep since the beginning of Shamy, many many many moons ago and at the time that "digging too deep" was the source of a lot of happiness and positivity around here. So it's got nothing to do with how deep you dig, it's about what you dig into. It is obvious to me that what we've been digging into has changed and that's why the negativity is coming out, not that people are deliberately trying to find negative things; I doubt any of us here are masochists. 

Two years ago, (and, as koops said, you can go back and read the posts), how negative things were around here with regards to Penny and Leonard.   People were pissed off that it seemed Penny was thinking of breaking up with Leonard, that they were tired of Penny getting jealous with someone else came along, how whipped Leonard was, etc, etc, etc.    There's been times I would escaped from the L/P threads and go to the Shamy threads, to get away from the negativity.  I find it interesting that the two situations have changed.  Lennys are happy with the engagement and Penny's career, how Leonard helped her and it's now the Shamy's who are looking at the story lines and actions and seeing changes, which colors their view.  The writers have a habit of cycling the couples, Howard and Bernadette broke up and we thought Bernadette was going to break up with Howard when they got engaged.  Penny and Leonard have been up and down and are currently up.  Sheldon and Amy have hit a rough patch.  I know Shamys may not like that and I also understand (having been through it with L/P) how that can get you down.  Feel free to be disappointed, I understand, but realize that things will get better.   I thought this year would be the year they fixed Shamy.  It seems they fixed Penny's situations instead.  I feel upbeat, concerning Shamy, that next season will fix them and next year will be better.   

• Like 9

Two years ago, (and, as koops said, you can go back and read the posts), how negative things were around here with regards to Penny and Leonard.   People were pissed off that it seemed Penny was thinking of breaking up with Leonard, that they were tired of Penny getting jealous with someone else came along, how whipped Leonard was, etc, etc, etc.    There's been times I would escaped from the L/P threads and go to the Shamy threads, to get away from the negativity.  I find it interesting that the two situations have changed.  Lennys are happy with the engagement and Penny's career, how Leonard helped her and it's now the Shamy's who are looking at the story lines and actions and seeing changes, which colors their view.  The writers have a habit of cycling the couples, Howard and Bernadette broke up and we thought Bernadette was going to break up with Howard when they got engaged.  Penny and Leonard have been up and down and are currently up.  Sheldon and Amy have hit a rough patch.  I know Shamys may not like that and I also understand (having been through it with L/P) how that can get you down.  Feel free to be disappointed, I understand, but realize that things will get better.   I thought this year would be the year they fixed Shamy.  It seems they fixed Penny's situations instead.  I feel upbeat, concerning Shamy, that next season will fix them and next year will be better.   

Thank you, Tensor! I feel much better now :)

Feel free to be disappointed, I understand, but realize that things will get better.   I thought this year would be the year they fixed Shamy.  It seems they fixed Penny's situations instead.  I feel upbeat, concerning Shamy, that next season will fix them and next year will be better.   

I hear you Ten and I actually think that most of the people know that Shamy is endgame. I mean even though the writers generally do what they want without trying to please the audience it would be plain stupid to seperate Sheldon and Amy now that it is so clear that people like them a lot. But what I got from people's complaints (and what concerns me as well) is the way they will fix their relationship. That Shamy is endgame is certain but say having Sheldon come back and Amy be all happy and excited and him changed to a different person would be pretty distressing to me. I am not saying that will happen I just gave a far fetched example to make my point. We know things will get better and they will get fixed but some of us are just worried that  it won't happen in a satisfactory way. But as koops said that is quite personal and just an opinion. We all handle it differently and I understand some people just cannot be calm and not be worried. It is nice to know that Lenny was resolved in a satisfactory way (tho I know some people didn't like the way they were handled but it happens). I know the writers can do some extraordinary stuff. So I have hope. But the point is that it is about the journey too and not just the destination.

• Like 2

I know it's not a surprise, but I totally agree with what you wrote Koops. As you, I respect the people who are just content with the way things are handled right now, or that stay positive and hopeful for the future. I do too, to an extent, and I agree that those who complain is not precisely because they are worried about Shamy not being "endgame" and such. I'm almost a hundred per cent sure they are (with only very, very weird circumstances coming in the way of the natural flow of the show preventing it), that's not the issue. As you had put it perfectly, and as I understand it, MichyGeary's intent with this twitter campaign, is that we are not happy with the way they are handling Amy's characterization and the couple's dynamics as a whole, and a lot of us would like TPTB to know it, not because we believe they are going to obey our orders and commands, but because I guess a bit of feedback from the audience wouldn't hurt, if its directed in a respectful way, of course.

It hurts me so, so much the way they had watered down Amy's personality and how they have perverted the Shamy relationship, I mean, it's not that we are asking for something completely new or ortrageous, we are merely asking for them to go back (at least a bit) to what made this couple great in the first place, they were doing absolutely great, for seasons 4 and 5 and practically the first half of season 6, then everything sort of went downhill from there.

Nothing that happened this season pleased me enterily, I couldn't care less about kisses and physical affection at this point, when they seem to be so essentially apart from each other, when there's always tension and hard feelings in every interaction they have.

I hate this relationship dynamic they had stablished, where Amy is all the time sad, angry, unsatisfied and pushing, whereas Sheldon reacts with anger, condecension, total lack of respect for her and doing all the time only what he likes to do (seems like he only accepts gladly to kiss her because he also enjoys it, I guess if he found it tedious, he would resist all he could and wouldn't waste an opportunity to let her know how much he despises the action :rolleyes:) I swear I can't understand why the writers think this is so incredible funny. Worst part is, they don't seem to have the slightest intention to change they way they handle them. We had seen Amy complaining about the lack of affection and Sheldon obviously resisting, now that they kiss regularly, we see Amy pushing for them to live together, of course Sheldon resists, my biggest fear is, when they finally start sharing a home, Amy will start pushing for them to get married, and then to have babies, I guess, it's awful!

They course of action: Amy is unhappy and is all the time making it evident, Sheldon resists, oftenly in the most disgusting way, then, Bam!, we reach another milestone in a quite unsatisfactory way. Rinse and repeat.

They could had the opportunity to change tables this season's ending, with a real breakup, or using Amy's cold feet scenario, but they didn't. If they don't want them to have sex yet (which I understand and wouldn't like at all right now), then keep them apart. I would much rather have a whole season of them not being a couple, maybe being just friends again, pressure free, remembering what made them fall for each other in the first place.

Or if they are going to keep them together, then, by all means, please give Amy her strenght and sass back, big part of the problems this couple have right now is the way she reacts to Sheldon's crap. He could be all the douchebag he wants, as long as she demonstrates she is strong enough to deal with it and shows respect for herself, it wouldn't come across that bad. I mean, this is the same woman that fetched another date for herself when he refused to go with her to a wedding, the one that made him to properly ask her to be his girlfriend before accepting, and the one that made him say a genuine apology and put him to wash the beakers at her lab, everything just by putting her feet down and not letting him to pass all over her.

It's not  to late, they could very well to take advantage of Sheldon's scape to make her recalibrate her priorities and have a cool head to set things right when he comes back, that's my biggest hope right now.

I drooled a bit reading this...this is like finding water in the desert after 2 weeks.

Fry_drool.gif