The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SheldonCooperFan

Does Big Bang Theory Have A Rating?

I wanted to know if there is a rating somewhere for this show. I have the Dvds but I cant find a rating on it. I not sure what I would place it. Since its actually very clean and its not like it has a ton of explicit sexual content. E for everyone, G rated 7 , PG10, PG13, PG 14, Rated 17, R18 and up, and X25 and up. PG contains some insinuated and some romantic content(Which most of the inappropriate stuff is generally insinuated) or just very light. I think this would bored between PG,PG13 but while I think this is geared towards adults I think you could get away showing it to children without exposing them to a ton of inappropriate content. 

Edited by SheldonCooperFan

I wanted to know if there is a rating somewhere for this show. I have the Dvds but I cant find a rating on it. I not sure what I would place it. Since its actually very clean and its not like it has a ton of explicit sexual content. E for everyone, G rated 7 , PG10, PG13, PG 14, Rated 17, R18 and up, and X25 and up. PG contains some insinuated and some romantic content(Which most of the inappropriate stuff is generally insinuated) or just very light. I think this would bored between PG,PG13 but while I think this is geared towards adults I think you could get away showing it to children without exposing them to a ton of inappropriate content.

It doesn't have Movie ratings. It has TV ratings. Depending on the episode, it's either TV-PG(Parental Guidance Suggested) or TV-14 (Parents Strongly Cautioned). Both of those ratings carry a DLS sub-rating (D=Suggestive Dialogue, L=Coarse Language, and S=Sexual Content or (sexual situations)), to further delineate possible issues .

My younger sister is pretty strict about what she lets her kids watch and she won't let them watch Big Bang. Her daughter just turned 13 and her son will be 17 this summer.

She DVRs the show and watches after they've gone to bed. For her it's because of all the sex talk (penises and orgasms, etc.)

My older sister, on the other hand, whose son just turned 16, watches the show with her son, so...

I have to admit, when my parents have been here with me and I'm watching the show, sometimes I'm a little embarrassed in front of my parents. My mom doesn't really pay attention, but my dad thinks it's funny.

My younger sister is pretty strict about what she lets her kids watch and she won't let them watch Big Bang. Her daughter just turned 13 and her son will be 17 this summer.

She DVRs the show and watches after they've gone to bed. For her it's because of all the sex talk (penises and orgasms, etc.)

My older sister, on the other hand, whose son just turned 16, watches the show with her son, so...

I have to admit, when my parents have been here with me and I'm watching the show, sometimes I'm a little embarrassed in front of my parents. My mom doesn't really pay attention, but my dad thinks it's funny.

Well that is why I trying to figure out the rating. To figure out if its suitable for children. 

Well that is why I trying to figure out the rating. To figure out if its suitable for children. 

The ratings are there just to guide our decision-making, but the final decision should always be in the hands of the parents (or equivalent). The most important concern here is not whether to show something or not, it's the coherence of such decisions. Things like "can watch everything when in daddy's house but nothing when in mommy's" should be avoided...

Edited by LMD3014

my son is 13 and either we watch it together or he watches it alone. believe me, kids these days know A LOT OF THINGS  they shouldn't and use much worse language when hanging out with their friends. i guess it should be PG...???? but what do i know... i'm on the other side of the Atlantic. Some things are more acceptable here. :unsure:

DVDs vary from a 12 to a 15 in UK.

E4 shows episodes at 8pm but they cut them to bits (I have no idea why they even bother showing the stag do or Kripke sex conversation because those two are butchered to the point they make no sense).

My kids watch these censored ones on E4 though.

• Like 1