Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 3.07 (November 9)

CBS has announced the details of November 9th's episode, The Guitarist Amplification, the seventh episode of the season.

"The Guitarist Amplification" - An argument between Leonard and Penny proves "inconvenient" to Sheldon, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Monday, Nov. 9 (9:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

You can find more information in our Episode Guide. There is an original episode tonight, but a rerun next week, before original episodes return November 2nd.

CBS has announced the details of November 9th's episode, The Guitarist Amplification, the seventh episode of the season.

"The Guitarist Amplification" - An argument between Leonard and Penny proves "inconvenient" to Sheldon, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Monday, Nov. 9 (9:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

You can find more information in our Episode Guide. There is an original episode tonight, but a rerun next week, before original episodes return November 2nd.

5 bucks says a guitarist flirts with Penny and she insists its nothing and they argue.
  • Like 1

but why would it bother Sheldon? he doesn't really care about these things, only if Leonard's girlfriend can be a useful group member, like a doctor.

Maybe it's one of those things where Penny and Leonard won't talk to one another, and instead pass information to one another through Sheldon. I'm pretty sure Howard did that to Leonard in one episode.

I don't know when CBS puts up promo. I just enter the title in Youtube from times to times until the promo appear! This one's not there right now apparently!

Don't worry, as soon as I find it, you'll see it! ;)

I don't know if Leonard would argue flat out, especially if another guy took an interest in Penny (and what straight guy wouldn't!). I think he'd be more passive aggressive, resulting from an inherent sense of inferiority in their relationship.

That's speaking as a nerd who -- to his great surprise -- has a hot girlfriend ...

Steve

I think she beats him playing "Guitar Hero", but he thinks she cheated or did

not follow the correct game ettiquette.

Please feel free to correct or criticize this post,because I have never played

"Guitar Hero".

Woah! For all of you who have seen the promo...and for hose of you who haven't.

Damn! I didn't think Penny would EVER yell at Penny!!

Hey, Rockon: I'm the Youtube-promo guy here! ^_^ But you went faster than me!

Anyway, your link doesn't work in Canada, too. But mine does! So I'm still the Youtube-promo guy! Here it comes (in spoiler tags for the famous FemaleNerd and any other anti-spoilers around!). Also, my comments!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaClJ7lHZYE

Actually, Rockon, I don't see Penny yelling at Penny in there. Althought I do see Penny and Leonard yelling at each other! First fight! ^_^ And apparently, this fight looks similar to the one they had at the beginning of season's 2. Althought Leonard's ''there's a difference between being stupid and acting stupid'' do makes me wonder what this fight is about. 'makes me think this ''Penny flirting with a guitarist'' idea is kinda out...

Anyway, we'll see Monday, right?

Enjoy! :)

Hey, Rockon: I'm the Youtube-promo guy here! ^_^ But you went faster than me!

Anyway, your link doesn't work in Canada, too. But mine does! So I'm still the Youtube-promo guy! Here it comes (in spoiler tags for the famous FemaleNerd and any other anti-spoilers around!). Also, my comments!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaClJ7lHZYE

Actually, Rockon, I don't see Penny yelling at Penny in there. Althought I do see Penny and Leonard yelling at each other! First fight! ^_^ And apparently, this fight looks similar to the one they had at the beginning of season's 2. Althought Leonard's ''there's a difference between being stupid and acting stupid'' do makes me wonder what this fight is about. 'makes me think this ''Penny flirting with a guitarist'' idea is kinda out...

Anyway, we'll see Monday, right?

Enjoy! :)

Touche. ;)

cant wait until it airs! Although many didnt appreciate the previous episode I think TBBT writers are improving on perfection.

Like the episode, all teh arguing getting to SHeldon was good BUT the whole Raj Howard thing is still feeling forced, I'm not sure why they keep trying to push this ersatz homosexual relationship it was funny when it started, and was handled nicely now it just seems tobe getting heavu handed.

It was a very good episode, laughing all the time, plus...nothing like a "peace keeping conclusion" after an acceptable peaceful deal at the end of the episode hehehehe. toys and comics? at least I was right when I thought long ago that sheldon, though the genius that he might be, is the "kid" of the group.

At least now as penny adviced leonard when he was dating the doctor, he stood his ground, potentially problematic if backfired but the advice was followed.

lol, that episode was fantastic! 'was pretty funny how Sheldon kinda acted at being Leonard and Penny's son! :p The fight was absolutely crazy! And the scene at the restaurant was absolutely hilarious! ^_^

As for Howard and Raj, I won't say it feels forced... They just need to find their own girlfriends now! ^_^

Alright tonights episode was pretty good and I'm willing to not be as critical of the fact that it took a very contrieved scenario to get Leonard and Penny to have their fight. Although I will clarify this point later.

The big thing here is that for the first time this season a plot was given the proper amount of attention. Having Leonard and Penny fight is a big deal and for this event to have to share the episode with a smaller B plot just wouldn't cut it.

Tonights episode was important on multiple levels. It was important for the Leonard/Penny relationship to have this major conflict and work through it but it was also a big step forword for Leonard's character.

Leonard didn't back down, he held his ground and he continually stuck up and defended his position against Penny. This is a pretty big deal IMO because season one Leonard would have been begging for Penny's forgiveness by the end of it all. This shows some real developement for him and I hope this trend continues. Leonard's confidence needs building and this is a step in the right direction.

Penny was in the wrong here. You don't invite an ex boyfriend to crash on your couch after recently entering into a new romantic relationship with another guy and expect said guy to be A ok with that arrangment. It just isn't happening and frankly I was a bit dissappointed in Penny because she generally should know better than that. This is the part that I felt was a bit contrieved because I just don't buy that the Penny we've seen over the last two years would actually do this, this totally felt like an arbitrary set up in which Penny does something stupid that could only lead to a confrontation between her and Leonard.

That being said I'm glad they were able to work things out but I'm not happy that we didn't get a scene specifically showing them apologizing to one another and attempting to come up with a solution together...then cut to Sheldon and Justin on the couch.

I thought it was quite nice to see a different side of Sheldon. They really are humanizing him a lot this season.

Howard and Raj were in this just enough. Granted I think the whole erstwhile homosexual relationship thing is begining to get old it guess it did give the characters something to do while all the craziness was happening.

All in all a solid episode.

• Like 2

Leonard didn't back down, he held his ground and he continually stuck up and defended his position against Penny. This is a pretty big deal IMO because season one Leonard would have been begging for Penny's forgiveness by the end of it all. This shows some real developement for him and I hope this trend continues. Leonard's confidence needs building and this is a step in the right direction.

Penny was in the wrong here. You don't invite an ex boyfriend to crash on your couch after recently entering into a new romantic relationship with another guy and expect said guy to be A ok with that arrangment. It just isn't happening and frankly I was a bit dissappointed in Penny because she generally should know better than that. This is the part that I felt was a bit contrieved because I just don't buy that the Penny we've seen over the last two years would actually do this, this totally felt like an arbitrary set up in which Penny does something stupid that could only lead to a confrontation between her and Leonard.

I did mentioned too about holding his ground so at least I can see I wasn't off in that critic or observation, penny wanted him to not always give what the girls wants...there she have it is, just as she advised him, shown literally in front of her.

And though I love penny (not only the character lol) what the...was she thinking!?!?! in a "non optional social convention", she is supposed to have a higher knowledge of such regards, also I did notice that both of them are insecure, penny is insecure because she thinks leonard thinks she is not intelligent enough, and leonard is insecure because....well we all know. Still, we can see that both of them try their best to have their relationship working and at the end at night, they do. Is never good going to bed angry.

As for sheldon, now we know he doesn't like couple fights, he is still a long way for hasbro to adopt his board game :icon_cheesygrin:, and the snow cones are easy and quickly for him to make. (considering the cost in television time) :icon_wink:

Haha, i liked the episode very much.

Agree with all of your points , DPK. Very well said!!

The scene where Penny and Leonard seemed to be the parents havin to calm their child really made me laugh and I liked it a lot, because usually we have Sheldon as the critical observer of their relationship who is emotionally involved...

You put it very well above me, all of you.

And as my favourite scene goes, I have to agree with Bilkis. Sheldon was so cute. And I really liked how we got to know something about his "human" side.

Oh, I just wanted to hug him cuz I know how it feels like to have such arguing parents...

sorry DPK

I didn't think that Penny having the guy to sleep on her couch is out of charchter for her.

SHe is the Wendy to Leonards Peter Pan and tribe of lost boys

TO her the guitarist is just another Lost Boy needing someone to vare for them