The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 3.07 (November 9)

Well, I might be alone with this, but I don't think than Penny was out of line here. Yeah, it does seem strange that she would let a kind of ex-boyfriend crash on her couch, but it's not a big deal. Why? Because in a relationship two people should be able to trust each other. We know that Leonard is a very insecure guy and I totally understand his reaction to this, but still. I don't think this was the right way to end the conflict. I would have preferred a scenario where Penny is telling Leonard that he has to learn to trust her because that's the only way they can have a good relationship.

I also think that Penny was right when she said that it's her flat/life, so Leonard shouldn't tell her what she can and can't do. Maybe I'm a very headstrong and independent girl, but this is my opinion.

I understand that Penny never had a serious and long relationship and Leonard seems to be the first "serious" boyfriend.

This would explain why she has no clue that letting her ex sleep over might be bad for poor Leonard.

I would freak out as Leonard did, were I in his shoes. But if I try to put myself in her shoes, then I am sure I would defend my independence as she did.

We know that Leonard is a very insecure guy and I totally understand his reaction to this, but still.

In my opinion that's exactly why Penny should have understood and respected Leonards reaction. Pennys good looking ex-boyfriends are kind of his weak spot (or one of them ;)), because he doesn't think he's attractive enough for her.

Just like she thinks she isn't smart enough for him and if Leonard had strained her weak point in some way, I think she would have freaked out just like he did. She should have understood this...

It's good we didn't see them apologize, because everybody can make up their own scenario. In my head, they both apologized and Leonard told her it was okay to let the guy crash on her couch, but she resigend.

And they live happily ever after in my little fairy tale... ;) :D

Well, I might be alone with this, but I don't think than Penny was out of line here. Yeah, it does seem strange that she would let a kind of ex-boyfriend crash on her couch, but it's not a big deal. Why? Because in a relationship two people should be able to trust each other. We know that Leonard is a very insecure guy and I totally understand his reaction to this, but still. I don't think this was the right way to end the conflict. I would have preferred a scenario where Penny is telling Leonard that he has to learn to trust her because that's the only way they can have a good relationship.

I also think that Penny was right when she said that it's her flat/life, so Leonard shouldn't tell her what she can and can't do. Maybe I'm a very headstrong and independent girl, but this is my opinion.

While I agree that it is her life and Leonard has no right forbidding her from doing anything I thinkk that he has every right to be upset about it. As has been said, in a relationship you have to trust the other person, very true. BUT at different stages in a relationship it is easier to trust with out feeling ........endangered for lack of a better word. I remember I was dating this particular girl for about 2-3 months when an old friend of hers came into town for a few days and took her out to lunch, I was completely fine with that at that stage of the relationship BUT if he had been staying at her place for those few days I can easily see myself reacting similar to Leonard.

I very much enjoyed this episode and call me crazy but I loved the fights. :D Why? Because by nature I love drama and I think it's much harder to act dramatic moments. It also shows a different side of the show. We haven't seen any fights like these on this show really. Oh and I guess I'm a drama queen. :icon_cheesygrin:

There is a trust issue here and reasonably so because lets not forget that Leonard had to essentially dig the info out of her that the guy was in fact an ex bf. Not only was Penny going to let the guy crash on her couch she also had no intention of even telling Leonard that the guy in question was in fact an ex. Thats messed up and while Leonard certainly doesn't own Penny and can't run her life they are in a relationship and its simply reasonable to expect that she should have discussed this with him well before he was coming to town.

ETA: It's just common sense and showing your significant other some respect. Penny just casually dropped this information on Leonard at the last minute. I still say she should have known better.

• Like 1

Hi there.

Could anyone tell me where I could found the wonderfull UFO lamp seen in that episode, into Raj appartement?

Thank you.

Not the most pleasant episode. I watch comedies because there is no silly fighting about boyfriends and all that rubbish. I hope they do not make these fights regular feature in the show...

As an aside, did you know that women enjoy these skirmishes with their loved ones? No, they do! there was a study about this, and women said they loved to nag, and to fight with their men occasionally, because it is a great way of letting off pressure.

The fact that men hate to fight with their women, does not seem to matter to women. But then, women have always been the more self centered gender.

For someone who's inscure, not that attractive looking and lucky to have a girlfriend like penny, Leonard sure does try to control penny at times.

I have always thought this was my favorite Episode of all 6 seasons until the Bakersfield Expidetion. It showed both Penny's and Leonard's insecurities and concern for Sheldon. Jim Parsons portrayal of Sheldon's parents was classic.

I very much enjoyed this episode with all of the fights combined with Leonard and Penny's portraying his surrogate parents. Sheldon was great as always.

Edited by viddy9