The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
djsurrey

Raj And Emily

With Raj and Emily it just seems too good too fast. I think something will be coming out of the closet.

From what Molaro says, the writers are pretty pleased with the way the relationship has unfolded.  Although I'm sure there will be bumps along they way, I think she's been a great character for Raj.  She has her weirdnesses, but she's confident and she brings out the best in Raj.

Way better for him than sad-sack little Lucy.

I can't wait to see how she fits in with the whole gang.  She's already met Howard/Bernie and Amy, and had a brief, weird encounter with Sheldon.  I wonder where she's gonna sit when the gang meets for dinner.

Pun intended?

No pun intended. I was thinking in terms of skeletons.

Edited by djsurrey

I think Lucy was a catalyst for him finally being able to talk to women; he met a woman with more social anxiety than him; she was necessary for his overcoming his issues.

Now Emily looks perfect for him, even if she's a little scary (gore as an aphrodisiac?!!!).

Edited by FrenchBBTfan
  • Like 1

I think Lucy was a catalyst for him finally being able to talk to women; he met a woman with more social anxiety than him; she was necessary for his overcoming his issues.

Now Emily looks perfect for him, even if she's a little scary (gore as an aphrodisiac?!!!).

Yes that. Is there more to it?

• Like 1

Yes that. Is there more to it?

Yeah, I kinda hope they back away from that, kind of let it fall by the wayside as they develop her character further (the way they did with Bernie's ditziness and some of Amy's oddness).  Dunno, though.

• Like 1

I really like Rajly ( that's what i call them... after all we do have Shamy and Lenny and Howardette..). I  think they are cute together  and I hope their relationship develops even more throughout season 8. Not sure how his parents will react but it's going to be funny watching :)

I really like Rajly ( that's what i call them... after all we do have Shamy and Lenny and Howardette..). I  think they are cute together  and I hope their relationship develops even more throughout season 8. Not sure how his parents will react but it's going to be funny watching :)

It would be nice if Emily could just win his parents over.

• Like 1

She is certainly an interesting character, however if Sheldon stays true to form, he will drive her nuts like he did Dr Stephanie.  I could also see her butting heads with Penny.  I do think though, that there is some chemistry between her and Raj and I think she would stand up for him with the gang.  I sort of liked Lucy, but after seeing Emily, she is much better for Raj.  I am really hoping Emily comes back in season 8.

• Like 1

I like Emily a lot more than Lucy. I was tired of Lucy and her constant running off to the bathroom or trying to climb out of windows.  Emily is better for Raj and it seems like she will fit better with the group.  I do not see her having problems with Penny.  I see her and Penny getting along.

I like Emily a lot more than Lucy. I was tired of Lucy and her constant running off to the bathroom or trying to climb out of windows.  Emily is better for Raj and it seems like she will fit better with the group.  I do not see her having problems with Penny.  I see her and Penny getting along.

A double date with L/P and R/E almost sounds too normal for TBBT (as long as Raj is not drinking)..

I know I am first time poster- but I actually don't like Emily. I think the character doesn't feel real to me, and there is nothing compelling me to like their relationship other than it's better than Lucy and Raj is desperate. But honestly I don't understand the creepy references they have her make, and her character with Raj makes no sense to me. I really wanted them to create something in the beginning when her and Amy became friends and continue on that thread because in my head-it matches my own fantasy.

I would love to see something play out like this. Amy has a girl at work that she hates because the girl is both pretty and smart(Girls should only be one or the other in her brain, and she and Bernie are smart and Penny is pretty). Having a beautiful girl around who gets sexual attention brings up Amy's insecurities and then they somehow become friends. I would especially love it if imaginary girl said something along the lines of how romantic it is that SHAMY haven't had sex because all she meets are guys who want her body and not her mind. She could be the one to remind Amy that sex isn't everything in a relationship. Amy starts bringing the girl to girls nights (Without Raj there). She's able to bond with Penny like Sheldon's sister did when they first met, and Bernadette and her have something that bring them closer together after awhile. So this imaginary girl becomes a part of the girls click. So because they are eagar to have her be part of the main group they try to hook her up with Raj and the first date goes terribly.

But she starts to become more and more a part of the group, and so Raj and her are always in contact. I think it would be fun to have a girl that teases Raj all the time, like Howard does. I think you can go to route of him always hitting on her and her making jokes of it, or both of them becoming actually kind of snarky to each other, but eventually they become friends because they always get paired together in the group. I want somebody Raj doesn't try to impress, but just is himself around. It's not what act he can create, or what lines he can use on her he just is himself.Imagine a girl teasing him on his feminimity, and he stands up for himself instead of agreeing with everything she says.  And somehow that friendship turns into something more- but they get afraid to tell the group because they don't want to get the groups hopes up and that will be too much pressure on their relationship. So they instead date in secret- ensue hilarity.

Pipe dream? hell yes. But I think Raj should have every bit of an epic love story to root for in the next three seasons. And with Emily it's all too easy. No build up, no chemisty, no story., She's another girl for Raj that he builds his life around impressing- instead of just being himself.