The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dana1010

Shamy As Your Otp.

Is Shamy your OTP?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Is Shamy your OTP?

• Yes I ship Shamy and yes they are my OTP.
    • Yes I ship Shamy, but no they are not my OTP.
    • I do not ship Shamy, I don't know how I ended up here.

This is something I've been curious about for a long time. OTP stands for "one true pair" This is copied directly from the shipping(fandom) Wikipedia page.

OTP - Short for "One True Pairing"; to deem a ship OTP, one is declaring their deep emotional investment in it; perhaps he or she feels that the characters involved in the relationship are meant for each other above all other relationships they may be put in by others

I want to know if the Shamy fans on here, ship them as their OTP or not. To be clear, my interpretation of OTP is that you ship Shamy over any other couple in any other fandom. As in if only one couple in the entire fiction world could be together you would pick them.

For me Shamy is definitely my OTP. There's never been a couple that I've read fanfics for, looked at fan made videos for, and of course joined a forum to talk about them constantly. The only other couples I've been slightly obsessed with are Lois and Clark in Smallville and Ron and Hermione in Harry Potter. Please share who your OTP is.

Note: Please don't make this an argument about what couple is the greatest. Everyone has the right to their own OTP. A Shamy shipper who doesn't say Shamy is their OTP does not make them any less of a Shamy shipper.

• Like 1

Nice thread dana!! Yes Shamy is my OTP. I loled at the third option :p

I voted for them as my OTP as well.  I've had others in the past, but this is the couple I am currently most obsessed with.  In fact, I think I'm driving my husband and friend insane.  ;)

• Like 1

Shamy is my first ever sitcom ship, so they are OTP for me. The only ever ships I've had before this were anime character ships, but I never shipped those quite as hard as I do Shamy.

They are my favorite by far. I was a die-hard "Friends" fan. I never thought another show would fill the void when it ended. I did watch TBBT from day 1 but didn't become obsessed until season 4.....mainly due to Shamy. I always seem to root for the secondary couple. I wasn't a Ross-Rachel fan but fell hard for Chandler-Monica. Not saying that the Shamy are secondary anymore but the shows core is Lenny. I love the awkwardness of the Shamy and it does feel like a soulmate situation.

• Like 1

Yup I've been into them as my OTP since Amy showed up. Before that I was into Big Bang but not obsessed with it as I am now. The only other tv couples I've ever been this into is The Doctor & Rose Tyler, and Mulder & Scully.

I don't ship them but I'm happy to push Sheldon out of Penny's way, so she can have Leonard. Also I got caught up in Castle & Beckett. Beckett rocks. Romantic Dr Who is hard because I knew the earlier Drs. I'm sort of a nostalgic for earlier times with Sheldon, but really his love life doesn't bother me, except if he is not in now then when. Even he is not persuaded. I'm pro-happiness so good luck to Amy, but she hasn't really picked an easy win and her hanging around for what is just a guy bothers me too. Life is short. Get crackin' Amy.

I think your results may be skewed because of the thread title. People for whom Shamy isn't their OTP may see it and not bother reading the thread.

Surprise Surprise Shamy is my OTP.

The only other couple that came close (but I only realized I shipped them after the serie ended) are Mulder & Scully, but they don't come close to Shamy.

• Like 2

I love the Shamy most of all  but I must admit... there have been others.... Tony & Angela  ( 8 years... never missed an episode)/ Fran & Max( 6 years) / nick & jess ... but they broke up( for now)  :girlinlove:. ALL  these characters are meant to be together!!!

Edited by Kelli

I think your results may be skewed because of the thread title. People for whom Shamy isn't their OTP may see it and not bother reading the thread.

That is very possible, but I have a feeling that a Shamy fan is going to open a thread that has Shamy in the title regardless.

I want to say that Shamy is my OTP, I guess--but that's a relatively new term, to me, anyway.  And since I come from the land of the origin of the word "shipper"--the inimitable X-Files and the gloriousity that was Mulder and Scully, I don't know if I can say Shamy is my OTP.

They are, however, my favorite couple on present-day TV, so...

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 1

Preach it Phanta! If it weren't for us nobody would be able to call themselves "shippers" to start with! So, you're welcome, fandoms :p

I am not really a natural shipper because I generally don't care for romance in movies and shows, but Mulder and Scully were just too special. I have to say there was a point where Shamy were very close to knocking them out of my OTP throne, but now they've taken a set-back, so if I have to say OTP overall I'd go with M&S. But in terms of current television, yes, I only ship Shamy, and to be honest I doubt I will be adding many more ships to my list in the future (if at all).

I will have to start a poll to see how many Shamy shippers are Mulder/Scully shippers because there seems to be an awful lot of us. A lot of people might disagree with me, but I definitely see the parallels between the two, so I'm frankly not surprised they attract the same kind of people.

• Like 3

I definitely think Shamy is my OTP. I have always liked primary character ships (I don't consider Shamy as the main couple on the show) like Ross and Rachel, Ted and Robin (please don't hate me), and Leonard and Penny. Before Shamy, TBBT wasn't even my favourite show but Leonard and Penny was the couple I wanted to end up together (I still didn't ship them as much as I ship Shamy now, though). However, lately I've started rewatching Friends and I've really been liking Mondler and seeing them progress, so I guess what I'm saying is that Shamy is my OTP but it has made me see the importance of other couples on tv shows.

I wanted to add that I don't think I've ever watched a show specifically for any particular ship, and as a matter of fact, with TXF, I considered myself what some of us called a "finis-shipper", meaning that I wanted them to be together in the end, but I didn't really want to see any romance intruding on the storytelling.  I was content with the looks and the occasional physical gesture (they wrote the book on forehead sex...)

With TBBT, I started watching because it's just so dang funny and I love all the characters (especially Sheldon--yes, I admit it, I'm a Sheldonist, just as I have been a Mulderist.)  I've always wanted Leonard and Penny to be together, but I've never torn my hair out over their ups and downs.  I want all the characters to end up in happy coupledom (and right now I'm really liking Raj and Emily), but my favorite couple is definitely Sheldon and Amy.

I am more interested in them as a couple than I am in the others, simply because they are so interesting as characters, so does that make them my OTP?

• Like 1

Well I like the pairing of Amy and Sheldon, (i really do) I don't think it is up to us to decide. The writers ultimately decide what happens and they may or may not base it on fan expression. A million people hated how the Sopranos ended and a million people couldn't stand how Friends ended. Doesn't Sheldon treat Amy like crap ? Doesn't she deserve someone better ? Wouldn't Raj or Stuart treat her like a queen or MAYBE  - we shall see.

Who knows where the cold wind blows,
I ask my friends, but, nobody knows - whitesnake

----- Original Message -----
Edited by AceMackenzie9

Shamy is my first ever sitcom ship, so they are OTP for me. The only ever ships I've had before this were anime character ships, but I never shipped those quite as hard as I do Shamy.

you:

"It's not just my first sitcom ship, it's the best ship.

I mean think about it I'm shipping Shamy."

non-Shamy shippers:

"Yes, on purpose."

• Like 2

I'm a Sheldonist

vincent-price-o-rly.gif

(hides in the closet giggling)

I love you, phanta. <3

• Like 2

Thank you to everyone who voted. I must say that I am very surprised with how many of you declared Shamy as your otp. I did not expect that. I expected a lot of Shamy is awesome but no one can replace this couple kind of responses. This is all very intriguing.

• Like 1

This is an interesting discussion topic, it was nice to read the replies here. 

Shamy is my current OTP. There have been others in the past, but those fandoms/shows have since ended and I have moved on (although certain couples still hold appeal to me, some even after almost 20 years, and can get me nostalgic (yup, this lady's way past 30)). Some I have been sourly disappointed with, with how the shows/shipping ended, with others I have triumphed.

There are other pairings, in other shows, that I support at the moment, too, but Shamy is definitely my OTP. I mean, never before did I join an online forum because of my shipping preferences. I have lurked on many sites, for many ships, but it was Shamy to finally bring me out of it... 

• Like 1

This is an interesting discussion topic, it was nice to read the replies here. 

Shamy is my current OTP. There have been others in the past, but those fandoms/shows have since ended and I have moved on (although certain couples still hold appeal to me, some even after almost 20 years, and can get me nostalgic (yup, this lady's way past 30)). Some I have been sourly disappointed with, with how the shows/shipping ended, with others I have triumphed.

There are other pairings, in other shows, that I support at the moment, too, but Shamy is definitely my OTP. I mean, never before did I join an online forum because of my shipping preferences. I have lurked on many sites, for many ships, but it was Shamy to finally bring me out of it... 

Shamy lurked me onto this site as well. I started watching a lot of episodes and realized I was seeing a lot of double/hidden meanings in Shamy scenes. I needed to see if others thought the same way and ta da here comes this site where others are even more obsessed than I am. :)

• Like 2

I love Shamy and they are my OTP definitely. I don't even ship any other couples on Tv, have never shipped and I doubt I would ship any other couple.