The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Deb Ranquist

The Shamy Years, A Film Tribute Made Up Of Best Moments Over The Past Four Years

Below is a link of the best Shamy moments over the past four years since the first fateful meeting of those two characters on May 24th, 2010.  This story was inspired by all of your wonderful Shamy fan fiction stories that I have had the pleasure of reading and have enjoyed tremendously, that have uplifted my spirit, and given me hope for the future of the characters that we all love so much!  I had wanted to post this link on the 24th, the actual anniversary of their first meeting, but that didn't work out, so I'm posting it on my fiftieth birthday instead.  Anyway, enjoy all, and thank you for your beautiful stories!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4OUnkfhmdopNThlR2lWNktNeE0/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Deb Ranquist
  • Like 9

Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you liked it.

Thanks!

You are welcome.  Thanks for watching!

Edited by Deborah A. Ranquist

Below is a link of the best Shamy moments over the past four years since the first fateful meeting of those two characters on May 24th, 2010.  This story was inspired by all of your wonderful Shamy fan fiction stories that I have had the pleasure of reading and have enjoyed tremendously, that have uplifted my spirit, and given me hope for the future of the characters that we all love so much!  I had wanted to post this link on the 24th, the actual anniversary of their first meeting, but that didn't work out, so I'm posting it on my fiftieth birthday instead.  Anyway, enjoy all, and thank you for your beautiful stories!!!

well holy #$^% !!! why haven't i seen this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's wonderful :) 

• Like 1

well holy #$^% !!! why haven't i seen this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's wonderful :)

It must have gotten lost amongst all the great fan fic in this forum!  LOL!  Anyway, I'm glad you saw it now!  Thank you for your comment; I'm so happy you enjoyed it!  :)

• Like 1

I loved the pictures!

Yes, there are a lot of wonderful pictures out there of them together.  I couldn't even fit all of them into the 4 minute time span of the song I was using to accompany the images.  Even when I deleted some of the pics, I had to speed up the dissolves and how long each pic appeared on the screen in order to get the remaining ones to fit.  It's just about the fastest moving film I've ever made!  Did you notice that I threw in one pic of them out of character?  I couldn't resist; it's such a great photo, and it seemed to fit.  I've been collecting even more pics of them since I made this film back in May, so I may have to make The Shamy Years 2, the sequel.  LOL!  

Thanks for watching!   :)

Edited by Deb Ranquist
  • Like 3

Very cute pics. Makes me want to start a rewatch marathon before the season starts.

Happy Birthday, Deb! :)

Thank you, QueenBee!  I'm glad you liked the pics.  I liked them, too, which is why I had to put them into that little film.  I agree that they do make one want to start watching episodes a.s.a.p.!  LOL!  In fact, I'm watching an episode now as I write this,The Flaming Spittoon Acquisition episode; one of my absolute favorites!

Thank you for the birthday wishes, too!  It was actually in May, but I appreciate the good thoughts all the same.  :)

Yes, there are a lot of wonderful pictures out there of them together. I couldn't even fit all of them into the 4 minute time span of the song I was using to accompany the images. Even when I deleted some of the pics, I had to speed up the dissolves and how long each pic appeared on the screen in order to get the remaining ones to fit. It's just about the fastest moving film I've ever made! Did you notice that I threw in one pic of them out of character? I couldn't resist; it's such a great photo, and it seemed to fit. I've been collecting even more pics of them since I made this film back in May, so I may have to make The Shamy Years 2, the sequel. LOL!

Thanks for watching! :)

Not a fan of Adele so I had to mute it, but it certainly didn't take away the enjoyment of the pictures!

That's okay.  No problem.  I appreciate the sentiment no matter when it is.  I do that, as well, post and then realize afterwards that is on a thread from months ago or even a year ago!  

Yes, that episode is definitely in my top five, I believe, and I, too, love every moment of it!   I would say it was my number one until the Locomotive Manipulation episode.  That one beats everything else now for me, thanks to the SIK moment on the train!  Last night I watched the Isolation Permutation where Amy asked Sheldon for one night of torrid love making to sooth her soul and inflame her loins!  LOL!  That episode is in my top 5 as well!  I just love how they negotiated what level of physical contact they were going to have.  :)  Season 5 had a lot of great Shamy moments!

Not a fan of Adele so I had to mute it, but it certainly didn't take away the enjoyment of the pictures!

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.  As soon as I heard that song, it immediately made me think of them at the end of Season 7.  I created the whole film around that song.  I can't imagine watching it without the music, but I'm glad you were still able to enjoy it just watching the pics.

• Like 2

It is so good to see their progression though :)

Yes, it is.  That is one of the reasons I wanted the pics to go in chronological order to see that progression.  I love seeing how far they've come!  It may not always seem like it, but when you look through the last four years of photographs, you can definitely see the progression.  I believe the photos tell their story pretty clearly, and it's a great one!  :)

• Like 3

That was great Deb! I love it, and a very Shamy song! I've never heard it before. I love it.

• Like 2

Just lovely Deb.

How did I miss this? Got some nice prompts for season 7 which I'm going to make good use of too.

Love Adele's voice. Have you heard her speaking voice? She's got a strong cockney accent but it doesn't come through at all when she sings and it's a real surprise when you hear her talk.

• Like 1

That was great Deb! I love it, and a very Shamy song! I've never heard it before. I love it.

Thank you, R.!  I appreciate it!  Yes, I agree about the song, it is a very Shamy song.  I love Adele and was listening to her 21 cd one night walking at the park when that song came up, and I immediately thought of our favorite couple.  It was shortly after the Season 7 finale, and it just seemed to fit their circumstances.  That's when I got the idea to make this little film.  It came out better than I ever imagined.  There were a lot of break-up songs on that cd of Adele's, but this one seemed to fit them perfectly with the lyrics "When will I see you again?"  Not to mention the title of the song "Do you remember?".  Plus I loved this line in the bridge of the song where she sings "I gave you space so you could breath; I gave you distance, so you would be free"; that line seemed to me to speak volumes about Shamy's relationship at the end of Season 7, especially regarding Sheldon leaving and Amy seeming okay with it when she talks to him on the phone.  Of course, we know by the reaction following that moment that she was anything but okay when she pummeled Leonard with the pillow, bitterly asking him, "Why did you let he go?"  It was that kind of heartbreak I wanted to convey with the Adele song set to those images.  That's why I used it.

Thank you for saying that you loved it!  That makes me feel so great, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it!  :)

Just lovely Deb.

How did I miss this? Got some nice prompts for season 7 which I'm going to make good use of too.

Love Adele's voice. Have you heard her speaking voice? She's got a strong cockney accent but it doesn't come through at all when she sings and it's a real surprise when you hear her talk.

Thank you so much, G.!  I'm so glad you enjoyed it!  I think I posted it on here in a particularly busy time on the forum at the end of May when there was a LOT of fan fic everyday following the Season 7 finale.  I think it just kind of got lost in the shuffle, but I'm happy you got to see it now.  Of the 20 something short films I've made, it still remains one of my favorites.  (I'm thinking of making a new film of photos of Jim Parsons for his birthday in March that I'd like to set to the Elton John song "Blue Eyes".)  That's excellent if it gave you the idea for some prompts for Season 7.  I look forward to reading your take on Season 7 in your upcoming chapters.

I, too, love Adele's voice!  In fact, if I had the talent to be a singer, she's the kind I'd like to be.  I love that she doesn't need dance moves or need lots of extras to be good; it's just her and her voice, and it's perfect, so powerful!  I have heard her speak, and I absolutely love her cockney accent!  I have always loved that accent anyway from having loved the Beatles, but it's really fun to hear it in a female voice!  You're so right that when she sings, you can't detect it.  I don't know why that is, but it's pretty amazing!  It is surprising, you're right, when you do hear it for the first time in her interviews; it's just fantastic!  I love her so much, as does my brothers and my mom even!

Anyway, thanks for watching my little film and for your kind remarks!  As always, your words made my night!  :)

Again, you did a beautiful Job of capturing Shamy ..... I loved it... and the song goes so well with it!......Adele's voice is so powerful...... 

• Like 1

Again, you did a beautiful Job of capturing Shamy ..... I loved it... and the song goes so well with it!......Adele's voice is so powerful...... 

Thank you so much!  I’m so glad you got the chance to watch this one, as well, which I had made back in May after the season finale that had made me so sad and upset.  I’m glad you thought the song went well with it.  I heard the song play and immediately thought of our favorite couple.  It was kind of the impetus for making this little film.  The song was the driving force.  Yes, I agree that Adele’s voice is very powerful.  I just love her!  If I could have been a singer like any other singer in the world, she is the one I’d want to be.  At any rate, I’m so glad you enjoyed the film!  Your kind post made my day!  :)

While Sheldon was a totally enjoyable (and I thought  fully fleshed out) pre Shamy, there seems to be a gold mine of material now.  I keep playing the "PLEASE PASS THE BUTTER" scene over and over. My new favorite Shamy scene.  Mayim  = perfection. Cannot imagine any other actress playing that role (scene).

• Like 1

While Sheldon was a totally enjoyable (and I thought  fully fleshed out) pre Shamy, there seems to be a gold mine of material now.  I keep playing the "PLEASE PASS THE BUTTER" scene over and over. My new favorite Shamy scene.  Mayim  = perfection. Cannot imagine any other actress playing that role (scene).

I totally agree with you.  Sheldon was always my favorite character, and I always enjoyed watching him, but when Mayim joined the show, it just reached a whole new level, and I found my enjoyment heightened every time they were on screen together.  Perfection is right.  I, too, cannot imagine any other actress in the role.  She is perfect for it, and together, they are the perfect team!  :)

• Like 2