Season 8 Wish List?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want Sheldon to tell Amy that he missed her on his train trip.

Shamy weirdo team mode Shamy working on a science project together, Pierre and Marie Curie stlyle ♡ Lenny friendship and peaceful mode A plot involving the whole gang travelling A new Scavenger hu

• Blunt/unfiltered/badass Amy has always been my favorite so I'd love to see more of that again. • I'd love to at least hear something about Amy's dad. Literally, if only one line. • shamy being

Okay this fandom is getting lazy, everyones feeling so secure now when it comes to their ships, the balance the writers are striking :diablo:. Heres some of my wishes, warning diclamer added.

• Amy shows some backbone and dumps Sheldon for being the worst boyfriend ever

Well, I don't think this would  be a bad idea at all if it is executed temporarily. I have discussed about it in the Shamy thread in detail why I think it is ok idea and won't get too much into details on this thread. But I think even a temporary break up between them would be okay, if it would balance the dynamics in the relationship. However, I don't think from Amy's point of view she thinks Sheldon is the worst boyfriend ever. I think she loves him for her reasons, although she  isn't getting the kind of right treatment as a girlfriend she should have with Sheldon. If she decided to break up with him, it would be because she feels she has had too much lately and she feels it is the best for them to stay away from each other for a while or so. I think Amy's breaking point in that relationship (that she would want to break up with him for good) is really hard to achieve, because she has been showing amazing amount of patience and forbearing with Sheldon and all his quirks in all these 4 years. However she did sign the termination notice of the relationship agreement too in the Table Polarization episode, so they are not bound to each other by that contract anymore either. I hope too that Amy could show more backbone with Sheldon like she used to before, and take no more a inappropriate behaviour towards her from Sheldon. If it necessarily requires a break up to happen, then by all means. But I think Sheldon is growing up too, so I'm very intrigued to see how the dynamics will settle down when season 8 begins.

IF you notice I later put a suggestion, that Shamy reconcile, and Sheldon steps about time! And Rach Penny has never had money, she barley has been paying rent for nine years. I don't look at Leonard as her sugar daddy, she is very self independent but their is nothing wrong with falling back on Leonard for support, regardless if its Financial Support or Emotional, equal partnership peeps!

IF you notice I later put a suggestion, that Shamy reconcile, and Sheldon steps about time! And Rach Penny has never had money, she barley has been paying rent for nine years. I don't look at Leonard as her sugar daddy, she is very self independent but their is nothing wrong with falling back on Leonard for support, regardless if its Financial Support or Emotional, equal partnership peeps!

Playing the devils advocate here, but what does Penny bring to the relationship, that Leonard doesn't?

I just think that none of the couples are in an entirely "equal" relationship. That doesn't mean they should break up, that goes for lenny and shamy.

It's not necessarily what you both bring to the relationship that makes you an equal partnership. Its about whatever you bring theirs equal support and compromise from both parties. Penny doesn't need to be a world famous actress, or be a millionare a relationship is a emotional connection. Penny offers Leonard validity, warmth and affection. And Leonard offers Penny obviously financial support if she needs it, but he intellectually challenges her. Obviousley Penny and Leonard could do better, but they have choosen each other that's the difference.

Playing the devils advocate here, but what does Penny bring to the relationship, that Leonard doesn't?

I just think that none of the couples are in an entirely "equal" relationship. That doesn't mean they should break up, that goes for lenny and shamy.

What Penny brings to the relationship.....this has been debated many times. My first post as a member of this forum was part of this debate.

Not so much in recent times but she was actually very supportive of him during other relationships he had, despite holding back her true feelings about him, and has helped him mature in many ways.

While it hurt her, she kept her distance during the Priya relationship out of respect for him.

She responded to the call to pick them up when his car broke down coming back from their unsuccessful quest for Sheldon's online gaming belongings, despite him being in the middle of his Priya relationship.

She was there for him when he was questioning his fidelity when Alice came into the picture during his long distance relationship with Priya.

Any time she stepped in to help Sheldon gave Leonard a break!

She gave him good advice during the Stephanie relationship.

She helped him get ready for his presentation by picking out an outfit.

Tenure episode.

While her support might appear superficial compared to buying a car and risking his life trying to her her money back from Kurt, she has been a great support in developing his confidence in living in the 'normal world'. 

I agree with you that there are no 'equal' relationships in the show, to be honest, there probably aren't in life. With Penny, it's more about the sum total of her contributions to Leonard's growth over the duration of the whole show, rather than what she brings now. This sounds mushy for a 48 year old male, but love is an intangible quality that can't be quantified by how much each person brings to a relationship. Leonard contributes more to the superficial, material part of Lenny. What Penny brings to it - the love his mother never gave him, the sweet acceptance of his goodness early in the series, yeah for a long time, sex, quite possibly a sense of responsibility for someone who needs him to lean on, someone who has given him guidance and confidence in growing up in the social world - is a bit harder to measure in terms of an equality statement.

It's not necessarily what you both bring to the relationship that makes you an equal partnership. Its about whatever you bring theirs equal support and compromise from both parties. Penny doesn't need to be a world famous actress, or be a millionare a relationship is a emotional connection. Penny offers Leonard validity, warmth and affection. And Leonard offers Penny obviously financial support if she needs it, but he intellectually challenges her. Obviousley Penny and Leonard could do better, but they have choosen each other that's the difference.

Whoa 3ku11, not a good statement to support your argument. I don't think it is at all obvious to Penny and Leonard that they could do better. The whole premise of their relationship is realising what they have had in other relationships is not better than each other. Leonard has had several options with attractive, smart, successful women but Penny is what's best for him. Penny has had years of shallow relationships with attractive, athletic men but learned to realise that what Leonard offered was the best. Your statement makes it sound like they have 'settled' for each other, an argument many anti-Lennies present. They haven't settled - they've finally realised they are the best.

In maintaining some semblance to sticking to topic on this thread - the Season 8 Wish List - I wish that Season 8 actually explores further why they love each other, obviously without turning a great sitcom into a soppy soap opera. They've spent more time telling their friends why they love each other over the years than actually telling each other. I'd like to see if the writers can actually make that happen in a funny way.

• Like 4

Difference with Penny and Amy though, is Penny is in a normally, conventional, functioning relationship. And has had tons of experience of being In a requited relationship as she is with Leonard. Where as Sheldon Takes Takes Takes, and never Gives Gives Gives haha if that makes sense. Amy obviously as Sheldon has not had many experience in relationships, and that's part of the problem, neither really know when to compromise. Lenny through their experiences have realized what they get in their relationship is not what they got in any of their previous relationships. I never meant to imply Leonard and Penny settled for each other, by saying they could do better, this is in terms of what they offer to their relationship, Leonard could be someone whos smart, pretty, accomplished. With Penny more athletic athletes or rich guys, but Penny has come to realize what Leonard offers her is something no guy ever well, true love and unconditional love, he also intellectually challenges her like no guy ever has, you just have to hear Wyatt to know that Penny is NOT settling for Leonard. And for Leonard she's his dream girl, she offers him something really no women ever has offered him, affection and love. So I do agree Leonard and Amy are always in the backseat in their relationship but in very different ways. But back to S8 wishes I do too hope the writers reveal why is it they love each other so.

Edited by 3ku11

Well be Babies regarding Lenny, considering the now very famous line in the pilot "our babies well be smart and beautiful". So i choose to beleive that was not a throw away line. So if their are ever babies in this show it well be with L/P, or Howard and Bernadette.Yes its about Shamy ;).

Well be Babies regarding Lenny, considering the now very famous line in the pilot "our babies well be smart and beautiful". So i choose to beleive that was not a throw away line. So if their are ever babies in this show it well be with L/P, or Howard and Bernadette.Yes its about Shamy ;).

Well Shamy at least talked about it together, Lenny's line was just a dream Leonard had, he never discussed it with Penny.

Shamy mentioned it several times (both Amy and Sheldon, on seperate ocassions) to each other.

So, going by numbers, Shamy is more likely to have babies then Lenny ;)

• Like 1

Hold on, there is that pesky problem of requiring coitus. Lenny(not to mention Howardette) are way ahead in that particular number. ;) even Remily is ahead.

• Like 1

Hold on, there is that pesky problem of requiring coitus. Lenny(not to mention Howardette) are way ahead in that particular number. ;) even Remily is ahead.

That's true, but you don't need coitus to reproduce ;)

They just need to convince Mary...

And who knows, maybe once it finally happens between Sheldon and Amy, they can still catch up the other couples :D

Well Shamy at least talked about it together, Lenny's line was just a dream Leonard had, he never discussed it with Penny.

Shamy mentioned it several times (both Amy and Sheldon, on seperate ocassions) to each other.

only the one hurdle to get over, then sure... why not. lol :girlhospital:

(it looked like icon: turkey baster to me - but maybe its what happened to Sheldon in Germany hehehe)

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1

I so don't see kids for Shamy on the show (and the notion of offspring in a clinical fashion is out the window as now they both love each other and Amy has matured to probably want a traditional future)

I so don't see Lenny with kids either but more discussions (with Leonard being ready and Penny not)

I do see Bernie and Howard having kids

I just hope any kids doesn't make the show "jump the shark" as so it has in the past on many sitcoms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I so don't see kids for Shamy on the show (and the notion of offspring in a clinical fashion is out the window as now they both love each other and Amy has matured to probably want a traditional future)

I so don't see Lenny with kids either but more discussions (with Leonard being ready and Penny not)

I do see Bernie and Howard having kids

I just hope any kids doesn't make the show "jump the shark" as so it has in the past on many sitcoms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A show "Jumps the shark" when they do something ridiculous in desperation to counter falling ratings. It would not be ridiculous for Penny or Bernadette to become pregnant.at this point in the series. Given the ages of the characters it would be consistent with typical life experience.

As long as ratings are not falling (and they are stronger than ever) there should be no worries about tbbt jumping the shark.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

Well i think odds say that Shamy well be last to have kids, they can barley have couch coitus lol. And it wasent a dream of Leonards, its the premise of the show. Penny has actually talked to Leonard about kids, she told him she has thought about their future kids included. And i dont think you can count any talk with Shamy when it comes to kids, seeing Sheldon doesent beleive or isint interested in procreation. I think it goes without saying seeinh it takes coitus to birth a baby, if theirs any babies on this show then the probability is prob Lenny or Howardette.

Before anything I want Sheldon to learn how to appreciate and value Amy in a healthy way and put himself and his ego aside to be there for her. It hasn't been possible because his ego has been on the way. I want their relationship and relative strengths between them balanced to a healthy level. That is my wish first and foremost. But after that, I want Sheldon to find passion in loving Amy...  That he would really truly learn to enjoy being in that relationship to the fullest, that he would enjoy being a man who is loving his woman. That passion component  hasn't been there yet in this relationship.

• Like 6

I don’t understand this fixation on relationships. There are other things integral to man’s happiness, surely…

I’d like ONE character in the show to find fulfilment in their work, passions, hobbies and friendships solely, without the implication that there’s something wrong with being single. Four couples? Jesus wept…

JUST ONE. Could we have Raj maybe being content by himself? The blisteringly obvious choice was Sheldon, bastion of self-sufficiency, but that topic’s a minefield.

I’m glad my pal Nograv is happy, and I do see the appeal for L/P fans of the “prophecy” at the beginning coming to fruition, but personally I’d prefer Leonard, who seems so dependent on others’ approval, to discover that he is honourable and worthy in himself. I feel that would have been nobler. And it is permissible to prefer friendships over romance.

Sheldon…*groan of despair*…I want him to regain his single-mindedness and sense of self and purpose. He’s been dreadfully infantilised and broken down over the years. Scavenger was the last time we saw him being a “Genius” and that was a rare sighting. He’s a husk of himself, and I find myself pitying him. Sheldon should NEVER be pitiable. In my opinion. Obviously.  Sheldon was my hero, so you must forgive me for being a bit maudlin and harpy about it.

Impossible wish list – Show about 7 individuals rather than 4 couples. Actually, Howard and Bernadette can stay married, a fleeting variety of romances for the rest of them, except Sheldon, who should get the hell back to work.

Faintly likely wish list – More science, more ridiculous games, more dream sequences, surrealism, Morlocks, Krakens, Gorns and ZACK, Proton, more Sheldon and Penny interaction (because to me they’re the soul of the show), more Stuart and Kripke. Give Galecki more interesting scenes. And where the hell’s Gablehauser!

• Like 4

Hey Count, yes I am happy, because not worrying about their relationship tease is one less thing. They can get over it and get on with it, I hope. But the bell can't be un-rung on the other couples stuff. I do wonder about how much two of the four boys really want what they seem slated for, but that's what the show is, so...

How about I wish for more of Penny and Sheldon duelling again. Not so much the love-ins please. More moxy from her and less meanness from him.

• Like 1

Actually ive never seen Sheldon and Penny has integral to anything in the show. If anything S7 showed them growing apart as Friends, tbh they put up with each other for the sake of Leonard. And the problem with wanting or even demanding More S and P scenes or Leonard to be self reliant even tho he is even with Penny, or Sheldon is it aint S3. It aint vintage Bbt anymore. The premise of the show has been evolving and expanding since s4. Status Quo finalie was for a reason, alot is going to change, and it should its time these characters grew up particularly Sheldon. I never understood purists their were signs in S2 Sheldon wanted a GF and human/relationship construct in his life. Whole point of this show is four eggheads becoming socially aware. So getting a GF yes even Sheldon was inevitable, so i guess reverting all character growth just so they can go back to their disposistions of S1, and dried up jokes, catchphrases, and characterizations seems a bit reduntant to me. While i appreciate the concept of not needing a relationship to gain self approval, i think at this point in the series they couldent go backwards even if they wanted too, obviousley Howards speech in S5 was the begginning of the show slowly maturing.

Only change ive seen in Sheldon really is he has gotten lazy, his work has diminished, and i think ppl watching the show have serious doubts if he really is a "genius". Like proton said to Leonard your the real "genius" haha. Although Bbt aint a Rom Com, i dont think anyone can not say even bk in S1, even with Sheldon that its never been a relationship type show, or ever had some form of romance, obviousley L and P have to me been the soul of the show. I just think the differencd now is the dialogue, relationship jargon was heavily diminished. But now the show has become more relationship and career centric, your seeing more Relationship Jargon and less science or geek culture. Its funny the same purists who complain, prob wld still be moaning if nothing changed by s3, it would just get predictable and stale, no way would Bbt be #1 in America. Ive also never seen the guys as "robots", they are ppl with geek interests, but more ppl on the backdrop of geek culture.

I think it would be disengenious to the show if particularly Sheldon had no human or relationship construct in their lifes, like i said its the premise of the show so looks lije writers are sticking to that. Its all a preference and taste thing, but change is the only constant, theirs some ppl who really disliked Sheldon early on but prefer him more later on. Im not one of him, he has turned into a manchild, and with loosing his inncocence he no longer has an edge to him, and has lost all empathy for anyone, his treatment of Penny especially was pretty appalling. So i wld prefer Leonard and Penny continue to be happy, while i get Leonard doesent need a relationship to have self approval. At this stage in their lifes i dont think they would br truly happy without each other. Tbh if none of the guys were in relationships it wld be kinda depressing lol, i mean your still lonely nerds that stop being cute 7 years ago!

Edited by 3ku11

I don’t understand this fixation on relationships. There are other things integral to man’s happiness, surely…

I’d like ONE character in the show to find fulfilment in their work, passions, hobbies and friendships solely, without the implication that there’s something wrong with being single. Four couples? Jesus wept…

JUST ONE. Could we have Raj maybe being content by himself? The blisteringly obvious choice was Sheldon, bastion of self-sufficiency, but that topic’s a minefield.

I’m glad my pal Nograv is happy, and I do see the appeal for L/P fans of the “prophecy” at the beginning coming to fruition, but personally I’d prefer Leonard, who seems so dependent on others’ approval, to discover that he is honourable and worthy in himself. I feel that would have been nobler. And it is permissible to prefer friendships over romance.

Sheldon…*groan of despair*…I want him to regain his single-mindedness and sense of self and purpose. He’s been dreadfully infantilised and broken down over the years. Scavenger was the last time we saw him being a “Genius” and that was a rare sighting. He’s a husk of himself, and I find myself pitying him. Sheldon should NEVER be pitiable. In my opinion. Obviously.  Sheldon was my hero, so you must forgive me for being a bit maudlin and harpy about it.

Impossible wish list – Show about 7 individuals rather than 4 couples. Actually, Howard and Bernadette can stay married, a fleeting variety of romances for the rest of them, except Sheldon, who should get the hell back to work.

Faintly likely wish list – More science, more ridiculous games, more dream sequences, surrealism, Morlocks, Krakens, Gorns and ZACK, Proton, more Sheldon and Penny interaction (because to me they’re the soul of the show), more Stuart and Kripke. Give Galecki more interesting scenes. And where the hell’s Gablehauser!

Let me preface what I say with the declaration that I don't mind romance in TBBT beyond the built-in couple, Leonard and Penny. But the Count has a point about extending the L/P model to 4 couples. That may be a bridge too far.

Now, I get myself in trouble again by saying that Sheldon is a very problematic entry in a romance tandem. His coupling has caused more fissures within the structure of the show then anything else, in my opinion. TBBT was built on Bill Prady's premise of examining the effect of female sexual attraction on some hard core nerds who worked at CalTech. There were three candidates, Leonard, Howard and Raj anxious to volunteer for coupling and of course and one who was designed to remain unmoved from the nerd and geek world, the "control group" ; Sheldon. Sheldon was created to be the other side of a strange triangle with Leonard as it's base. He is Penny's complete opposite and rival for Leonard's attention. The tug of war between Penny and Sheldon over Leonard was going to be won by Penny, it's was prophesied in the Pilot (the smart and beautiful babies) but that did not mean Sheldon had to change "teams" with the loss.

Sheldon can not fathom being attached to another person. As he said in his remarks at Howard and Bernadette's wedding:

"The need to find another human being to share one’s life with has always puzzled me. Maybe because I’m so interesting all by myself. With that being said, may you find as much happiness with each other as I find on my own."

I love Amy. I find her flat out funny and I root for her happiness. But having to watch her suffer at the unintentionally cruel reflex comments of Sheldon is torturous most times for me. But Sheldon is playing his role in this story and yes, he can be a complete ass but that is why he is there. If he becomes like the other guys, his role as the ultimate opposition to the standard life path, stops.

My wish for season 8 is for Sheldon's growth (I assume that is what will happen this summer) will allow him to be less cruel to Amy and his friends but still resist, at least for this season, joining the guys in slightly hen-pecked bliss.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 6

Problem is how do you create a distinction between vintage and progressive. What worked in Season One or Two may not work now in Season 7. Bringing characters back that fit in with the theme of the show, may have worked then but may not work now. The show deals with a lot more topics now, back in S1 with an audience of 8 mill with only one couple Leonard and Penny, the show was about four eggheads and their hottie neighbour. Now since Season 4 the show has expanded well beyond the initial premise. The show now deals with four relationships, a 24 million audience, and the #1 Show in America. So it may be struggling for a balance, and the flow between stories and scenes is not as natural as 1-3. Sheldon has prefaced any form of romance with comments like "I don't know how anyone can worry about such unimportant issues, when theirs more important issues at hand, like wheres my Mario game!". Sheldon and Penny has always been based on the struggle for Leonard's approval and affection. But as everyone is changing and moving forward, Sheldon is stuck in a rut. I do also feel since Moloro took over it has been less and less four eggheads and their hottie neighbour, and becoming socially aware through almost an expirement, a show about collision. And more a show about cohesion, the guys almost acting like they have a clue when they really don't, like I said it's that balance. I too hope Sheldon grows to the point he treats his Friends a lot better, and especially Amy, and not treat her like a caretaker type role. I also hope for more fun, and when it comes to the relationship dynamics more friendships, also more storylines at Cal-Tech a lot more.