Season 8 Wish List?

Actually ive never seen Sheldon and Penny has integral to anything in the show. 

Sheldon and Penny ARE the show. The other characters have their fans as well but there would be no Big Bang Theory without Jim and Kaley in my opinion. I adore the pair of them. <3 This is not to say the other characters don't count, they do.... but I fail to see how the show could have got to the level it is without Kaley as Penny and Jim as Sheldon.

Edited by Spaced_up

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want Sheldon to tell Amy that he missed her on his train trip.

Shamy weirdo team mode Shamy working on a science project together, Pierre and Marie Curie stlyle ♡ Lenny friendship and peaceful mode A plot involving the whole gang travelling A new Scavenger hu

• Blunt/unfiltered/badass Amy has always been my favorite so I'd love to see more of that again. • I'd love to at least hear something about Amy's dad. Literally, if only one line. • shamy being

Sheldon and Penny ARE the show. The other characters have their fans as well but there would be no Big Bang Theory without Jim and Kaley in my opinion. I adore the pair of them. <3 This is not to say the other characters don't count, they do.... but I fail to see how the show could have got to the level it is without Kaley as Penny and Jim as Sheldon.

Kaley, while being a good actress, doesn't really stand out compared to her cast members.

Jim does, and so does Mayim.

You just have to look at the nominations all actors have gotten over the years.

• Like 4

Well your not biast are at all are you ;). i agree in a way, but more from a individuals perspective the personalities of Sheldon and Penny has brought the show to the level it is. And the two of them combined make the show what it is. i just resent any one implying that S and P as a collective are the show, as individuals yes but not as a collective. Kaley and Jim are the breakout stars, Johnny has choosen not to be. But by saying S and P are not integral to anything, i was more refering to the writing and plot, Imo Leonard and Penny are integral to the show in terms of the premise. But yes i agree without Kaley and Jim the show wouldent of gotten to the lvl its at. But at the same time Kaley, Jim, Penny, and Sheldon would be nothing without Johnny and the rest of the cast, theyre all integral and all contribute to the show. So i dont think Sheldon and Penny are the show, huge part clearly, but just a huge part of the wheel

Kaley, while being a good actress, doesn't really stand out compared to her cast members.

Jim does, and so does Mayim.

You just have to look at the nominations all actors have gotten over the years.

I don't agree at all. Kaley's comic timing is amazing, she can say so much with a look and even when she expresses anger she is funny. Neither Mayim nor Melissa can do that. 

Edited by Spaced_up
  • Like 3

I want to raise one point which is important in my opinion - whichever way we want to look at things, it was the writers' idea in the first place to put Sheldon in a romantic relationship, despite what kind of a person Sheldon was in seasons 1-3 and to which reasons he was created for the show. It was their idea, not an idea by any Shamy shipper or a Sheldon/Amy hater or whatever. They decided to cross the limits with Sheldon -  to try how he would function in a romantic relationship, because in the end Sheldon is their creation and they have a freedom to handle his character the ways they want. And given the complex personality like he has, maybe it was inevitable that at some point they wanted to try that at least, to have him flounder through a romantic relationship or a romantic experience. Who knows, maybe they even pre-tested the waters before Amy with dr. Plimpton, I don't know. They have free hands to create art in the form of a sitcom the ways they prefer; if they wanted to try to fit this robotic genious to a romantic relationship, they had freedom to fulfill their idea. And if they liked the way to which Shamy progression was heading, they needed not to stop it and break their friendship.

I've said it many times before, but I'll say it again - had Sheldon and Amy been only friends like in season 4 and the beginning of season 5, I would have been completely fine with that. Had they had completely asexual friendship, I would have been fine with it and still loved watching their quirky friendship and uniting their forces in the field science. I love season 4-5 Shamy more than anything. It wasn't the reason why I got into this show, to wait when Shamy will have sex, it was the quirky chemistry between them which they used to have back those days. The dynamics between them now are so very different when compared to that. But it was the writers' idea (or some of the writers, I don't know how the writing process evolves though...) to involve those two romantically and put their together officially. In my opinion it's been not so nice to see how Sheldon has treated Amy here and there in the last few years. It's painful to watch if one gets mixed feedback here and there, whether he wants to be in that relationship or not, whether Amy is a burden to him or not. In seasons 6-7 I have felt I have sometimes watched two or three different Sheldons appearing in the show, depending on which side of his character they want to depict.

But on the other hand, I don't have a problem with Sheldon and Amy being in a romantic relationship either, at least when the dynamics are healthy and both parties are dealed with due amount of respect, value and genuine love. I love Shamy, but I see how unblanaced their relationship has evolved during these two years, so I really do hope the things which happened during the latter part of season 7, were a start of a new era to them. Maybe Sheldon had to hit the rock bottom before he can put his ego aside and be the man he wants to be for her, it wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

As for Amy, I hope only happiness for her. That girl has had her portion of bad things in her life, so she definitely deserves better. I hope that Sheldon will be able to grow and mature in this relationship now, as I said somehwere in my previous post about the dynamics being rebalanced in this relationship. It's definitely time to move on.

• Like 5

Kaley not standing out is more to her character then her acting abilities. i think Kaleys just as good as Mayim, and while Penny is just a archtypical blonde girl, shes still the most important female character in the show always hs bn always well be. Kaley adds an energy and personality to Penny that would be lost without Kaley. And i dont think awards are an indicator of acting abilities, look at Courtney Cox, she was very good but was never nominated, its all relative.

Well your not biast are at all are you ;). i agree in a way, but more from a individuals perspective the personalities of Sheldon and Penny has brought the show to the level it is. And the two of them combined make the show what it is. i just resent any one implying that S and P as a collective are the show, as individuals yes but not as a collective. Kaley and Jim are the breakout stars, Johnny has choosen not to be. But by saying S and P are not integral to anything, i was more refering to the writing and plot, Imo Leonard and Penny are integral to the show in terms of the premise. But yes i agree without Kaley and Jim the show wouldent of gotten to the lvl its at. But at the same time Kaley, Jim, Penny, and Sheldon would be nothing without Johnny and the rest of the cast, theyre all integral and all contribute to the show. So i dont think Sheldon and Penny are the show, huge part clearly, but just a huge part of the wheel

It's not about being biased, otherwise I would have stated several times again that Shamy are all that TBBT is, and that they are the "key or heart" of the show etc.

But they aren't, so you will never catch me stating that.

I agree that it's a collective performance that makes the show work. But you also have to be careful not to mix Jim & Kaley up with Sheldon and Penny, as both couples are very different and can't be compared.

i agree Kaleys comedix timing is excellent, and in the danger of upsetting some ppl, i agree nor Mel or Mayim are near her in that apartment. You only have to watch Adhesive Duck to realize that, shes the most underrated comedic actress on tv.

• Like 1

I don't agree at all. Kaley's comic timing is amazing, she can say so much with a look and even when she expresses anger she is funny. Neither Mayim nor Melissa can do that.

She's a gem. Funny as, and so expressive. Also consistently good -and she was so young. I sometimes find the other female actors variable. Preference and material counts, but seeing this is the wishing thread, I wish they could all be as consistent. But this is shipping lanes material, maybe.

• Like 2

Whats agsingst Kaley tho maybe is her technicle faults. Although shes a more natural comedic, im her tones and expressions then Mel or Mayim. She often breaks down the fourth wall, like Courtney Cox from Friends, she makes it look seemless and easy. Where as techniquley Mayim for e.g. Is a stronger actress, it helps too Mayims older and has more experience within the industry. Kaleys range as an actress is so vast tho, she can express anger and comedy with just one look, i always thought Kaley should have wan an Emmy for that Add scene in the ER.

I think Kaley is extremely talented but the Penny character is the more everyday girl. While the Amy character is an exaggerated actual character so to compare the two isn't really right. I found actors who play a "character" of an actual person may come across funnier and more talented because what they are reading is so out of the norm.

Case in point Will & Grace. While the lead actors were funny, the supporting ones made the show. The Jack character was so exaggerated that it may have appeared to outshine the Will character. I don't think one is better than the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My point exactly Sheldon and Penny are the two most popular characters of the show. Like I've said before its like playing soccer on the same team and suddenly going backwards and scoring an own goal haha, were all on the same team.

Stuart needs to get laid. If Raj is in a relationship, were going to miss out on the pathetic/loneliness humor. Stuart is your man to fill the gap. One night stand, girlfriend, fwb, doesn't matter but the guy needs to get some...attention.

He and Raj seem to be hanging out maybe Emily has a friend?

Oh, and off topic, Bernadette is wayyyy hotter than penny!

I sort of wish they would bring Lucy back for a couple episodes but as Stuarts date. I think Raj, Emily, Stuart and Lucy going out with everyone else would be both extremely awkward and extremely funny.

I sort of wish they would bring Lucy back for a couple episodes but as Stuarts date. I think Raj, Emily, Stuart and Lucy going out with everyone else would be both extremely awkward and extremely funny.

And the first time someone looks at Lucy, she'll run off to the bathroom and escape out the window. Laughs galore.

And the first time someone looks at Lucy, she'll run off to the bathroom and escape out the window. Laughs galore.

I could see Emily giving her the evil eye and her doing that. LOL

I love smell of sarcasm in the morning :D

• Like 2

yea, I'm good if we don't see Lucy again.   I think I'm good with the amount we see of Stuart already (love the character, but having a relationship for him would add yet another plot-line which would be too much).  JMO

• Like 1

Are we ever going to find out what happened to Yvette the vet? I would love for her to show up randomly again. I liked her.

My guess would be we aren't seeing her again. Seems like TPTB like Laura Spenser and her portrayal of Emily, quite a bit. Otherwise, they wouldn't go to the trouble of working with the "Bones" producers to ensure she can appear on both series. My guess is Emily is sticking around.

• Like 3

How about a Girl's Night Out that includes Emily? I'd say the odds would be about even as to who ultimately creeps out who, though perhaps Emily has the edge considering her fetish for slasher films and wanting to cut people open. :)

• Like 2