Sheldon's Twin Sister

Kothos

What's the likelihood that Sheldon's twin sister will make a comeback, and do people want to see her?

My wife and I just had twins and I've been doing a lot of research on them and they are almost always very close.  Even if they are very different and don't get along all that well, live in different cities etc, they still do things like call each other every day for updates and things like that.

It's starting to bother me that, based on Missy's absence, she and Sheldon seem to never want to have anything to do with each other!

I also thought she was a pretty cool character.

I'd love to see Missy again especially since Shelly has a girlfriend.

They don't have a typical twin relationship because 1. Sheldon has issues with socialization and 2. she's not smart.  He will not associate with either of his siblings because they're both "dumb as posts" (per Mary Cooper).

I just watched that episode and it was obvious that Laurie Metcalf wasn't playing Mary.

It was Laurie Metcalf, she was credited in the episode. I think the reason she sounded so different was that she was kind of exaggerating her accent/voice because she was yelling from the other room and so forth.

As for Missy, I don't need to see her again. I was never that impressed with the actress and not all that interested in the character. At this point I'd be more interested in meeting Sheldon's brother and seeing their interaction.

Edited by phantagrae

It was Laurie Metcalf, she was credited in the episode. I think the reason she sounded so different was that she was kind of exaggerating her accent/voice because she was yelling from the other room and so forth.

As for Missy, I don't need to see her again. I was never that impressed with the actress and not all that interested in the character. At this point I'd be more interested in meeting Sheldon's brother and seeing their interaction.

Wow.  I would never have guessed it was her since I couldn't detect an accent and it sounded like a smoker's voice.

• Like 1

Why would they use someone else? It was definitely her.

I didn't say u were wrong,,, I said that at the time I thought it was someone else.... because people may not always be available at certain times... and being that she wasn't on film, they could've used someone who sounded similar to her. 

Why would they use someone else? It was definitely her.

This was the first time I saw it so I didn't pay attention to the credits.  It just didn't sound like her.

That's one of the great things about TBBT.  They'll do whatever is needed for continuity.