[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

I guess we have a few weeks to see which cut they keep. I hope it's one of the hugs. See...even in a non-Shamy episode the writers are keeping their relationship going strong. They have never done this before.

And more on Sheldon maturity. The line in the opening about now knowing when people are making fun of him....

And him attempting this "mining" trial.... Old Sheldon would have never done this.

Our boy is becoming a man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could not agree more Kerry! I think that is the underlying theme of this season is that Sheldon is (finally) growing up (a little).They are dressing him more maturely, he understands his surroundings more, and he seems more comfortable and confident than ever before.

For me it's go with the second take or leave it out entirely. If he's not going to return the hug then I'd rather they leave the hug out. And honestly at this point I could care less that Amy hugs him, we know she's fully capable. What I need to see is Sheldon hugging Amy. So for me, take two or three is fine. I just don't want take one. No Robo-sheldon.We've actually had much Shamy goodness so far this season that I'm fine with the idea of not having any in this episode.

Yes have him hug back or not at all! They have evolved past robot Sheldon if they can kiss they can hug! Raj present or not.

• Like 4

For me it's go with the second take or leave it out entirely. If he's not going to return the hug then I'd rather they leave the hug out. And honestly at this point I could care less that Amy hugs him, we know she's fully capable. What I need to see is Sheldon hugging Amy. So for me, take two or three is fine. I just don't want take one. No Robo-sheldon.

We've actually had much Shamy goodness so far this season that I'm fine with the idea of not having any in this episode.

Agree. I will be extremely disappointed if they use the first take. But, I really hope they use the second. :cray:

• Like 3

Completely agree. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have take one now, in S8. They hug and they hold hands even on hot days, as he said himself in 7.05. And they kissed with Leonard in the room, according to 8.04. It's time to leave unresponsive Sheldon behind. It really is.

• Like 7

I agree about version 2 or 3 (as a shipper, always prefer number 2), but I still see Sheldon doing the "I didn't dislike it" way of answering to affection instead of being direct in this season... I hope the writers start to change that little by little.

• Like 2

Not saying it would be inconsistent (or maybe I am, I don't know lol), but ever since Amy hugged Sheldon last time in 6.16 – where he was less responsive than he was two episode before that, 6.14 – he either hugged back or initiated hugs with Leonard, Penny and Professor Proton. And hopefully I'm not forgetting anyone else.

Considering how much they are trying to pass off these gestures as "routine" for them now – and people even see them kiss like it's no big deal (even though it all happens off screen) – I think it would be nice to get on screen proof of it. Of course, I'm not implying hugging a friend is like hugging a girlfriend, but, considering how Sheldon is so into it when he kisses her and how much time has passed since we last saw it happen on screen, it would be a nice change and it would provide a contrast for both the other times she hugged him and the way he responds to other people hugging him now.

Edited by Stefania
  • Like 9

Now the nail biting wait to see what take they actually use..

There has been so many small things been dropped in for shamy in these 6 episodes.. from the 1 liners we would never hear before, to sweet committed things. 

Im begging you TPTB.. Use the second take.. the first take will be a step backwards, and spark a rage of Tumblr protests...

• Like 5

Now the nail biting wait to see what take they actually use..

There has been so many small things been dropped in for shamy in these 6 episodes.. from the 1 liners we would never hear before, to sweet committed things. 

Im begging you TPTB.. Use the second take.. the first take will be a step backwards, and spark a rage of Tumblr protests...

I thought they usually do the second take when they aren't pleased with the first one?

With the school girl uniform they went with the second take..

Can anyone recall a time when they did go for the first take even though they made multiple other takes with changes?

Edited by Jamie
  • Like 1

yes but they also did a third take with no hug at all.

Oh, okay. Didn't know about the third one. Well, we can only hope for the best one...

Yeah, it seems like they would have to change the dialogue of the scene if they take out the hug.

Michy or Tomasina, I assume they changed Raj's line on the take with no hug?

It would make sense if they're doing some serious eye coitus rather than hugging.

• Like 1

Yeah, it seems like they would have to change the dialogue of the scene if they take out the hug.

Michy or Tomasina, I assume they changed Raj's line on the take with no hug?

yes, they cut the line. But between the claustrophobia and Voyager comments sheldon said he was doing worse because he was going through an emotional trial. Raj asked if it was amy and sheldon said no she wasn't the problem, it was the fact that he had such high expectations but here he was basically restarting his career in his 30s. So at least there's that. Edited by Tomasina

yes, they cut the line. But between the claustrophobia and Voyager comments sheldon said he was doing worse because he was going through an emotional trial. Raj asked if it was amy and sheldon said no she wasn't the problem, it was the fact that he had such high expectations but here he was basically restarting his career in his 30s. So at least there's that.

while I hate to admit it....if they cut the line & hug in the final take...means they saw take 2 and didn't like it, and decided to scratch it...so my guess it will be removed.

but hey...that scenario could play out in a later episode....

Didn't catch that line about restarting his career in his 30s and thats an emotional trial.  Thats more growth for our boy!

• Like 2

Was there a strong audience reaction to the second take?

yes, there were a lot of awws, which I think was the problem. They just wanted comedy, not an emotional milestone. I think it was the same reason they cut the audience reaction to the avocado allergy line. Edited by Tomasina
  • Like 1

yes, there were a lot of awws, which I think was the problem. They just wanted comedy, not an emotional milestone. I think it was the same reason they cut the audience reaction the the avocado allergy line.

and thats the beauty of being taped in front of a live audience....They are able to see the viewers reception of a scene and change it if its not the vibe they were looking for.

I hope I'm wrong...but sounds like they will scratch that. 

• Like 1

while I hate to admit it....if they cut the line & hug in the final take...means they saw take 2 and didn't like it, and decided to scratch it...so my guess it will be removed.

but hey...that scenario could play out in a later episode....

Didn't catch that line about restarting his career in his 30s and thats an emotional trial. Thats more growth for our boy!

yeah. It looks like sheldon is realizing he's human after all, as opposed to homo novus, which can only lead to good things.

Or bad things, if ya' know what I mean. ;)

Edited by Tomasina
  • Like 4

and thats the beauty of being taped in front of a live audience....They are able to see the viewers reception of a scene and change it if its not the vibe they were looking for.

I hope I'm wrong...but sounds like they will scratch that.

Yeah based on that they may omit the hug alltogether then, which is fine I guess. Like I said, I want a Sheldon initiated hug for Amy so if they scrap this one, so be it. Better things and opportunities down the road.
  • Like 1