[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello!   Just wanted to come say hi, i'm still new to the forum.    I wanted to thank all the shamys for being so patient with me last night. Last night was big! I'm going to try to write more BTS

I'm still reeling, I cannot think straight today. Man, I can't believe how perfect this whole milestone was, and I can't believe how consistently good the writers are at knocking *every single milesto

THE FACE THE FACE THE FAAAAACCCCCEEEE  

Posted Images

I never understood why they had such a hard time picking a couple costume when their are so many options out there that they both could like.

Kermit/Miss Piggy

Buffy/Angel/Spike

Spock/Uhura

Batman/Robin

Marie/Pierre Curie

Han Solo/Princess Leia

Superman/Supergirl/Clark Lent/Lois Lane

Brad/Janet from Rocky Horror Picture Show (this one is purely my fantasy)

Darcy/Elizabeth Bennet (because Pride and Prejudice is a flawless masterpiece.)

Again I have spent zero time thinking about this.....

Edited by boys3allc
  • Like 2

Its an ensemble piece. So i guess the writers dont knick pick, or notice the sublties. Or even the small things like having Shamy sit down and discussing things. Depending on the plots, theirs only so much they can do regarding Story A. Then all the subplots. Having 7 characters to write for all they cant acheive and/or please everyone. Just saying the writers main focus is being funny everything else is elementary, this show is a pure comedy after all. Remember this show is slow and meticlous. I think Shamy are fine, its always been slow, but they are on the right track. Of course ppl want Sheldon to treat Amy better seems to be the popular opinion, or stop taking her for granted. But he seems to be taking important steps to get their. Like revealing his idealisim and perfectionlism issues. He holds Amys opinion of him in the highest regard. Leonard and Penny he has been conditioned into seeong them very like Surrogates. He sees them as brother and sister, very maternal. He loves Lenny but holds them in no regard, in terms of their opinions and what they think of him.

Amy its the complete oppossite. He holds her in the highest regard. And because he never went through the same formulative years as most ppl. Discovering your feelings, feeling an attraction etc. All these emotions towards Amy are still very new to him. Hes like a drunk toddler lol. Amy to Sheldon is like his secret crush, nervous, gets Shy etc. Its like in primary or high school when the boy picks on the girl. But really deep down he loves her. I feel this is kinda the same thing. Like i said his formulative years were different. So the whole concept of human and relationship construct is still relatively new to him. So when Sheldon picks on Amy, mistreats her. Hes the little boy in primary in his confused way trying to repress his emotions.

Remember their premise of their relationship, was under the illusion they both think relationships are futile. Maybe Sheldon is or beleives Amy is still under that same illusion. Despite being and knowing hrs in a romantic relationship. Like Sheldon said in Love Spell S6 "It may not seem like it but what we have to me is very intimate". Sheldon lets on more then he gives out though. I think Intimacy scares him, hes just afraid to look weak infront of Amy by admitting it. Amy doesent want sappiness from Sheldon, shes just envious of the lvl of honesty, trust, depth, and comminication in Lennys relationship.All she wants from Sheldon is honesty, so they can be equals. I think Sheldon is capable, but he needs a reason to step up his emotional intimacy with Amy. As for his physical intimacy? Im not so sure. But considering the Sheldon who never considered human and relationship construct a relaevent part of human nature. In S3 was completley oblivious when that chick wanted to see his room lol. To a Sheldon who actually considers and knows Amys his gf. Hes come along way as has Shamy. So progress is relative.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

Anyone out there compiling a list of possible Shamy costumes?

Popeye and Olive Oyl (though it was inferred they went as this last year)

Marie and Pierre Curie

Princess Leia and Han Solo

Spock and Uhura or Nurse Chapel

Link and Zelda

Mario and Peach

Both princess for Amy, could be a good compromise

• Like 3

Maybe they go as each other (kidding) but I found this picture...

WUaJDwB.jpg

And I have one question: Who the hell is responsible for it? :laugh:

Ack! That's disturbing!! But hilarious...

Edited by TheShamyShipper
  • Like 2

WUaJDwB.jpg

AHHAHA I AM CACKLING. My friends actually did this one year, they dressed up as each other. It was hilarious. I could see Sheldon and Amy doing that, because their wardrobes are so distinct that it would be obvious what they were doing. I also like the idea of video game princesses and their male counterparts. I agree, that would be a good compromise.

• Like 1

Anyone out there compiling a list of possible Shamy costumes?

Popeye and Olive Oyl (though it was inferred they went as this last year)

Marie and Pierre Curie

Princess Leia and Han Solo

Spock and Uhura or Nurse Chapel

If you look at pictures of them, Sheldon and Amy would make an amazing Dirac and his wife. There's a striking similarity, and of all the great Theoretical Physists, Sheldon reminds me the most of Dirac.

Dirac and wife I like very much, though I might plump for Oppenheimer on the grounds of physical similarity alone. I then fell into a Wiki wormhole and hot damn, but Leonard really kinda resembles Erwin Schrodinger, doesn't he? 

Other alternatives?

Watson and Crick*

Alan Turing and Ada Lovelace (or Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace)

Elizabeth Barrett Browning and Robert Browning**

If we're thinking comics, then The Riddler and The Penguin, maybe?

* If we're also spitballing ideas for Sheldon and Leonard, by the bye, I want terribly for them to go as Oppenheimer and Einstein)

** There's really no reason for this. Neither has expressed any interest in the poetry of either Elizabeth or Robert Browning, but hey

AHHAHA I AM CACKLING. My friends actually did this one year, they dressed up as each other. It was hilarious. I could see Sheldon and Amy doing that, because their wardrobes are so distinct that it would be obvious what they were doing. I also like the idea of video game princesses and their male counterparts. I agree, that would be a good compromise.

Ha ha ha!!! Sheldon in Amy's tights! Well, I mean, he DID dress up in that French maid outfit that time, although of course that was because he REALLY wanted to meet Hawking. Something tells me Amy would have to be VERY persuasive to get him into her skirt (LOL...double entendre intended).

• Like 7

Ha ha ha!!! Sheldon in Amy's tights! Well, I mean, he DID dress up in that French maid outfit that time, although of course that was because he REALLY wanted to meet Hawking. Something tells me Amy would have to be VERY persuasive to get him into her skirt (LOL...double entendre intended).

This is why I love you.

• Like 1

LOL. Don't know how legit this, Koops will have to check.

But you can take the test, someone put it online thanks to the show...!! http://relationship-closeness-inventory.com

Let me take it pretending to be Shamy real quick.

Thanks for the link! This is way easier than the convoluted way I was trying to figure it out before.

I answered how I thought Shamy would and I got a 7.23. Which leads me to believe that the put higher marks for the degree to which they influence each other. That makes me happy. :D 

• Like 6

WUaJDwB.jpg

As Sheldon would say - that's just wrong. :laugh:

LOL. Don't know how legit this, Koops will have to check.

But you can take the test, someone put it online thanks to the show...!! http://relationship-closeness-inventory.com

Let me take it pretending to be Shamy real quick.

I took it as Shamy and I thought I was being pretty generous with the answers, and I still only got a 6.94

Like, damn, they're closer than I thought!!

Edited by JourneyIntoShamy
  • Like 6

What did you guys put for hours spent together in a week? The test seems to max out at twenty, which is what I put, considering we know they hang out typically every day (I'm sure there are a handful of days they don't, but it's hard to know) and Amy has mentioned them spending six hours at a time together in one day. Sheldon has made reference to a weekly quota before. I wonder what it is?

Edited by MichyGeary

I took it as Shamy and I thought I was being pretty generous with the answers, and I still only got a 6.94

Like, damn, they're closer than I thought!!

Thanks for the link! It is very close to the test Koops linked to--but this link makes it easier with the check boxes and the sliding scales. I'm kind of skeptical about the test--isn't there such a thing as too much closeness? I could see someone with a very controlling significant other scoring very highly on the test--the type of partner who tells you what to wear, what friends to see, and basically doesn't want to let you out of their sight. I personally wouldn't want that type of relationship. (For the record, I scored a 6.1 with my spouse, and I'm happy with that!)

Thanks for the link! It is very close to the test Koops linked to--but this link makes it easier with the check boxes and the sliding scales. I'm kind of skeptical about the test--isn't there such a thing as too much closeness? I could see someone with a very controlling significant other scoring very highly on the test--the type of partner who tells you what to wear, what friends to see, and basically doesn't want to let you out of their sight. I personally wouldn't want that type of relationship. (For the record, I scored a 6.1 with my spouse, and I'm happy with that!)

That's what I was wondering. It's possible that that's what's dragging the results down, that too much influence makes them less close? IDK I guess the way to judge that would be to put the sliders to the extreme on both ends of the spectrum and see which one is considered to have more closeness.

I think with the way some of the questions were worded like "X does not have much influence in how often you see your family" <- Because of the 'not' placed in there, I feel that would alter the score in a good way.

If a controlling partner had answered "disagree a lot" that would probably raise the score because if they had answered "agree a lot" that would imply that their partner has much freedom in the relationship to do what they want, and who they visit.