[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello!   Just wanted to come say hi, i'm still new to the forum.    I wanted to thank all the shamys for being so patient with me last night. Last night was big! I'm going to try to write more BTS

I'm still reeling, I cannot think straight today. Man, I can't believe how perfect this whole milestone was, and I can't believe how consistently good the writers are at knocking *every single milesto

THE FACE THE FACE THE FAAAAACCCCCEEEE  

Posted Images

I wonder if Barry Kripke and all the University still belive that Amy and Sheldon have "a frequent, intense and inventive sex life" ( I can´t remember the other word!)

IMO, they think so!

Edited by Susana Alcira Cairó
  • Like 1

We know that, as of late season five, Sheldon still had not met most, if not all, of Amy's family because it was important to her for him to come to her aunt's birthday party to do so. I would hope that, if it were to happen, it wouldn't be off-camera since it's so important to Amy. I would hope the writers are saving that moment for when we can experience it with her.

• Like 9

It would be Great to see Amy Father and a Interaction between Him and Sheldon in Person. I wonder what that would be like?

We've seen Penny, Bernadette, Raj Dad. Howard Dad abandoned him, Sheldon dad died when he was Younger and Leonard Parents are divorce and I believe Leonard and his Dad were not close and so have not kept in touch or at least what I think we are suppose to think that from past Episodes. Maybe he will show up at Lenny wedding. So we have Seen Two of the Three females Characters Fathers. Will we ever meet Amy Dad? 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

Will looking at last year November Sweeps Episodes it look like nothing major really happened. Shamy first First Kiss wS during February Sweeps. February Sweeps are the most important ones

Which is really strange because BBT kind of abandoned February sweeps last season. Only had two eps air during it - Valentine's Day, which was definitely intended to be a "sweep" sort of episode, and then they went on hiatus for three weeks, only to squeeze in one more episode the day before the end of February. I never got that.

Which is really strange because BBT kind of abandoned February sweeps last season. Only had two eps air during it - Valentine's Day, which was definitely intended to be a "sweep" sort of episode, and then they went on hiatus for three weeks, only to squeeze in one more episode the day before the end of February. I never got that.

The winter Olympics were on.

Some of the best Shamy stuff has happened during November sweeps, like when he asked her to be his girlfriend, the spanking, the screensaver (those were early December is that still sweeps?)

Some of the best Shamy stuff has happened during November sweeps, like when he asked her to be his girlfriend, the spanking, the screensaver (those were early December is that still sweeps?)

No the Christmas episode airs in December and is not part of sweep. November sweeps is usually the last/first week of Oct/Nov and goes for 4 weeks (starts on a Thurs). Last time actual Thanksgiving Day fell during sweeps was Nov'97 (because we go that far back for Macys Parade estimates lol).

But usually most shows save their big moments for sweeps in order to secure the highest ratings possible during their seasons as for diary markets this is crucial.

Good news BBT will be back to Thursdays for sweeps securing even larger ratings due to less competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I expect the first episode to air back on Thursdays (first sweep episode) to be big as it will be advertised pretty big during NFL as to get viewers back to Thursdays.

What it will entail no idea but I hope 1 episode is Shamy focused. I also expect a scene of some sort with the big 3 as that really hasn't happened yet. I also would appreciate a big group ensemble episode. We've seen girls scene and then guys scenes but get them all together. Love full ensemble episodes.

• Like 1

I expect the first episode to air back on Thursdays (first sweep episode) to be big as it will be advertised pretty big during NFL as to get viewers back to Thursdays.

What it will entail no idea but I hope 1 episode is Shamy focused. I also expect a scene of some sort with the big 3 as that really hasn't happened yet. I also would appreciate a big group ensemble episode. We've seen girls scene and then guys scenes but get them all together. Love full ensemble episodes.

I agree it is awesome when they are all together like in the scavenger vortex. I hope there is a Shamy somewhere in the sweeps I will not speculate on what it could be though they really could go anywhere.

Excuse me, can you explain me what do you mean when you speak about "sweep episode"?

I tried to translate in my language, but I really don't get it. Thanx.

Sweeps is a term used to describe a period in time that Nielsen Diaries are calculated through the 210 DMAs in the country.  There are LPM (Live people metered markets that use demos) and OM (overnight markets--off households) that calculate ratings daily off set-top boxes, but majority of the countries ratings information for certain DMAs are provided by Nielsen diaries (actual surveys filled out by viewers).

There are 4 sweeps in the year (4Q-Nov, 1Q-Feb, 2Q-May, 3Q-July).   Because much of the country's viewership information is provided by the diaries (and this is what the advertising world uses to sell off of and price) its crucial that the "best products" are placed infront of the viewers.  This is why you will see station news promotions during the "sweeps" period.  Its also has generally all new programming in prime, and live syndication (talk and such). 

For my world, diaries are HUGE and is the sweeps period.  The Nielsen diaries provide crucial demo information. 

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 5

Sweeps is a term used to describe a period in time that Nielsen Diaries are calculated through the 210 DMAs in the country.  There are LPM (Live people metered markets that use demos) and OM (overnight markets--off households) that calculate ratings daily off set-top boxes, but majority of the countries ratings information for certain DMAs are provided by Nielsen diaries (actual surveys filled out by viewers).

There are 4 sweeps in the year (4Q-Nov, 1Q-Feb, 2Q-May, 3Q-July).   Because much of the country's viewership information is provided by the diaries (and this is what the advertising world uses to sell off of and price) its crucial that the "best products" are placed infront of the viewers.  This is why you will see station news promotions during the "sweeps" period.  Its also generally all new programming in prime, and live syndication (talk and such). 

For my world, diaries are HUGE and is the sweeps period.  The Nielsen diaries provide crucial demo information. 

Thanks Kerry for the detailed explanation! :)

• Like 1