[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello!   Just wanted to come say hi, i'm still new to the forum.    I wanted to thank all the shamys for being so patient with me last night. Last night was big! I'm going to try to write more BTS

I'm still reeling, I cannot think straight today. Man, I can't believe how perfect this whole milestone was, and I can't believe how consistently good the writers are at knocking *every single milesto

THE FACE THE FACE THE FAAAAACCCCCEEEE  

Posted Images

Oh man I these posts you guys have written in the last few hours are beautiful!!

They are more than just sex and that's why we love them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That article (does it count as an article, even if it's all gifs?) is adorable! "Support each other no matter what," is my favorite. I wish they'd show them doing more strange stuff like Fun With Flags. I miss it. It's so much fun to watch them happily weirding out.

(And I'm still hoping for them to go partners on a science web show to succeed Professor Proton. So many silly possibilities.)

• Like 4

Is anybody else getting tired of the put downs? I thought they were supposed to stop. What was that crap about her hair reminding him of a duck caught in an oil spill? And he doesn't consider their relationship a romantic one? Why the hell am I even shipping this couple still?? It's getting really [email protected]&king old and I'm getting sick and tired of it

• Like 3

Is anybody else getting tired of the put downs? I thought they were supposed to stop. What was that crap about her hair reminding him of a duck caught in an oil spill? And he doesn't consider their relationship a romantic one? Why the hell am I even shipping this couple still?? It's getting really [email protected]&king old and I'm getting sick and tired of it

Dude, I'm with you a hundred percent. This is basically me.

tumblr_m7zgktAwzz1qcqxh7o3_500.jpg

Edited by MichyGeary
  • Like 5

I haven't seen the episode yet in California but I understand your frustration.

Does she say anything back? I prefer it if Amy serves up some sass back to him rather than just give him a look. LOL. Like that time she called him a jerk. Haha. Classic.

But yes, I don't think it's right for him to insult her like that all the time.

Yeah, the whole duck thing was meant as a joke by him, so I didn't think that was a big deal. He is not exactly a comedy connoisseur.

The romantic line: Sheldon is going to fight tooth and nail against romance. That line doesn't surprise me; I didn't really care for it but I don't think it truly means he thinks they don't have a romantic relationship.

• Like 3

But then he cares enough to give her the right answer to the comic book store investment question..

The chemistry was so sweet in their little interactions. It was when he was with the boys that he seemed.. Stunted. The dialogue between the guys tonight was so flipping stupid, I don't think we should focus too much on shit sheldon said about Amy.

• Like 7

But then he cares enough to give her the right answer to the comic book store investment question..

The chemistry was so sweet in their little interactions. It was when he was with the boys that he seemed.. Stunted. The dialogue between the guys tonight was so flipping stupid, I don't think we should focus too much on shit sheldon said about Amy.

Agree 100%

I think a lot of us, myself included, get hung up on one liners when the overall progress has been quite substantial.

• Like 2

I haven't seen the episode yet in California but I understand your frustration.

Does she say anything back? I prefer it if Amy serves up some sass back to him rather than just give him a look. LOL. Like that time she called him a jerk. Haha. Classic.

But yes, I don't think it's right for him to insult her like that all the time.

Amy apparently stormed out in the middle of scrabble for his oily duck comment. She was not present to hear him say that he doesn't categorize their relationship as romantic.

• Like 1

I'm making a conscious effort to be more "Zen" about Shamy. The hair comment was just Sheldon being clueless, as usual, and the romance thing--not great, but asking her opinion about the comic book store made up for it. Also--maybe I'm delusional--I think something big is brewing soon. 

• Like 4

I actually didn't find the duck/oil slick comment that bad.  I don't think he meant it as a putdown or insult.  And while she took it that way (rightfully so) it wasn't intended that way.

As far as them not being a romantic couple.  I think Sheldon really believes this.  He doesn't find his relationship with Amy romantic because he sees romance for the "common folk" almost and he finds them above that.  Again, not an insult.

Also, I have to say, these comments aren't made in front of her....more in conversation with the guys so thats an improvement.  

Overall him seeing their relationship on the lines of an engaged/married couple is pretty huge.  And they both handled that conversation perfectly.  Amy's tactful approach to get her point across that the comic book store wasn't the best idea was perfect Shamy.  Amy was the perfect mix of Penny's "sure" attitude and Bernedette's immediate "no".....

and when she voiced her "concerns" in a question...Sheldon knew what she was saying but didn't immediately disregard it...just said "no" and continued on....

So while she was technically backed into a corner...not really... she kinda won that one....

• Like 4

I think he's still embarrassed by the idea of being in a romantic relationship. Not that he doesn't want a romantic relationship or that he doesn't consider the relationship with Amy romantic, it's that he's still unwilling to admit it is one, even though it's apparent to everyone around him that it is, indeed, romantic. To do that would be admitting that he was wrong. And Sheldon Cooper is never wrong. So if he's around the other guys, especially, of course he's going to say it's not romantic. But everyone knows it's romantic, even Sheldon. This is called stubbornness at its finest.

It kind of reminds me of when guys are around their buddies and they try to act like they don't care as much for their girl as they really do so their friends don't make fun of them for being "whipped," or in Sheldon's case, just like every other human being (he hates that). And then when they're around their girlfriend they're so obviously wrapped around her finger it's ridiculous. When Shamy are alone it's really sweet. You can see how much he values her opinion because he asked her if he should invest, even though he's not obligated at all to ask her. It was really important to him that she support him on this. He always gets this big cheesy grin when he's around her, too.

The hair line was spoken to the other guys and he was recalling something that happened in the past. It was a one-liner and it was mean, but I don't think Sheldon meant it as a mean thing. I think to him that was just being honest. And he was making an observation on her hair and it didn't, and still doesn't, occur to him that that's a mean thing to say.

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 9

I think he's still embarrassed by the idea of being in a romantic relationship. Not that he doesn't want one a romantic relationship considers the relationship romantic, it's that he's still unwilling to admit it is one, even though it's apparent to everyone around him that it is, indeed, romantic. To do that would be admitting that he was wrong. And Sheldon Cooper is never wrong. So if he's around the other guys, especially, of course he's going to say it's not romantic. But everyone knows it's romantic, even Sheldon. This is called stubbornness at its finest.

It kind of reminds me of when guys are around their buddies and they try to act like they don't care as much for their girl as they really do so their friends don't make fun of them for being "whipped," or in Sheldon's case, just like every other human being (he hates that). And then when they're around their girlfriend they're so obviously wrapped around her finger it's ridiculous. When Shamy are alone it's really sweet.

This is so incredibly true! Its really only when he's alone with her that he lets his guard down a notch. With the exception of when he asked her to be his girlfriend, all other major milestones they've had have been when he's alone with her.

• Like 5

And the way he has been looking at her lately it's more of admiration. He is smiling more (just to her). I don't think anything was set back for our Shamy in this episode.

And Mayim with the Penny scenes was great. Dare I say so far she's been flawless this season in terms of acting.

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 4

Mayim and Simon have been knocking it out of the park all year.

If they put them together front and center for a big story, the way they are rolling this year, it would blow our tv's up. Emmy reel.

• Like 4

I agree that it is contradictory. But it kind of makes sense, in a way. Sheldon tells Amy that her being embarrassed for him is the most romantic thing he's ever heard. He kisses her, hold her hand, introduces himself as her boyfriend. He openly acknowledges that they're dating and even states that they are the superior couple. He's proud of their relationship. When Amy makes that comment about the flag underwear, he smiles at her flirtatiously. But when he's around the guys, suddenly the relationship isn't romantic. That way he can have his cake and eat it, too. He gets to kiss and be romantic with Amy, but he gets to maintain his huge ego by saying he's not in a romantic relationship. And the guys aren't going to fight him on it because that's way too much work, lol.

I think at some point he will be challenged about this, though.

• Like 7

I could agree that Sheldon is in total denial about being in a romantic relationship, except it's completely contradictory to so many things he has said and done.  Not only the hand holding and kissing, but he consistently introduces her as his girlfriend (even pointing out to her colleagues who he had never met that it's a boy-girl physical relationship), goes on dates, tries to be romantic at Valentine's day, and goes out of his way to make up after a fight.  I'm sorry, I think this "not a romantic relationship" line was just because the writers couldn't come up with anything else--and what they ended up with didn't make any sense.

I'm normally the most positive one here, and I still am.  Our ship is solid and there are plenty of good times ahead.  Long live the Shamy.  Bitches be crazy.

But I think that's what shows how much in denial he actually is.  All of those things that you mention shows that he actually is in a romantic relationship, but I believe Sheldon's ego won't allow him to say it out loud.  Basically, Sheldon says one thing.  Evidence points to the contrary. 

Edited by nickelette424
  • Like 8

But I think that's what shows how much in denial he actually is.  All of those things that you mention shows that he actually is in a romantic relationship, but I believe Sheldon's ego won't allow him to say it out loud.  Basically, Sheldon says one thing.  Evidence points to the contrary. 

Exactly. Sheldon can tell people until he's blue in the face that what he has with Amy isn't romantic but that won't make it true. I feel strongly that even he knows it's romantic. I mean, it walks like a duck, it sounds like a duck, it's a duck. So he has three options: stop being romantic with Amy (nope), admit that the relationship is romantic and that he has succumbed to lesser human emotions (nope), or continue being romantic with Amy while using his ridiculous and overbearing argumentative skills and stubbornness to assert that it is not romantic. Of course he's gonna pick number 3, because Sheldon hates being wrong.

• Like 5

Exactly. It is denial to a certain degree coupled with his elite attitude. He "thinks" he above all that...but in reality he is in a romantic relationship.

This will be challenged when he is "backed into a corner" and has to face his feelings for Amy. Not saying she would be the one to go there but it will come up at some point... more signs indirectly that ILY is coming (I hope).

His banter with the guys is just a more geeked out version of male ego at it's best. He won't admit these things in front of Howard or Raj (even though everybody knows how connected he is to her).

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 1