The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

We do not know for sure it will be Amy light, she can still work, she is in a lot of episodes last year around this time ( must confess I do not know much about Jewish holidays.)

so a bit off topic, but I was just watching during my lunchbreak Carol Burnett on Jimmy Fallon.  Carol Burnett is hysterical and I could totally see her playing Sheldon's MeeMaw.  Aside from her being the right age, I didn't realize she is from Texas.  In addition, there is a resemblance there for me anyway. 

Now, I've read here so many people would want Betty White (which I really don't see) but Carol Burnett I do (plus, and this might be silly she's a taller woman too)

Anyway, back to your regularly schedule Shamy feels....

She and Julie Andrews sang a song about "Big D".  Carol's from Dallas.   It's a great song from back in the day.  I bet you tube has it.

Last season, ep 5 Workplace Proximity was taped on Sept 24. Sukkot 2013 was from sept 18 to sept 25.

Workplace is one of the biggest SHAMY episodes of season 7!

This year is from oct 8 to oct 15.

Next tape is on oct 14

(I´m quite sure Mayim will be in the next episode.)

In my country, they broadcast season 6 right now on TV. They just spent the episode where Sheldon said "it's a possibility." Episode 14. 
So it makes me think that there are almost 2 years, Sheldon, even if he wasn't ready, thought at this. 2 YEARS ! It's time, no ? :p

But after in the season 6 (and the season 7), we discovered that it made ​​him feel nervous and under pressure about that. But for now in season 8, and even the end of Season 7 (commenting "If we were in a physical relationship you just lost sex tonight") I don't see this nervousness anymore ...

I specify, I said that it's not that I absolutely want them to have coitus, I'd prefer they have more affection for each other, and a little intimacy before that, but still I notice.
  • Like 2

I don't think that the script having Sheldon knock on Penny's door is any big clue one way or the other about the storyline. Sheldon can have all kinds of reasons for knocking on her door that have nothing to do with any major developments.

I just think it was fun that he shared that little BTS tidbit with us. :)

• Like 5

I don't think that the script having Sheldon knock on Penny's door is any big clue one way or the other about the storyline. Sheldon can have all kinds of reasons for knocking on her door that have nothing to do with any major developments.

I just think it was fun that he shared that little BTS tidbit with us. :)

I agree. I think the episode will be the big 3 focused....hasn't occurred yet this season.

Also I loved seeing how the knocks are written. That was cool that he shared it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Next taping episode is the first airing on thursdays, Thursday 30, isn´t it?

Yep, this Tuesday.  It's also the first Sweeps episode.

• Like 1

Next taping episode is the first airing on thursdays, Thursday 30, isn´t it?

Any chance that CBS changes it's mind and leaves TBBT on Monday's?  Lead into Mom, which leads into Scorpion?

Any chance that CBS changes it's mind and leaves TBBT on Monday's? Lead into Mom, which leads into Scorpion?

No absolutely not.. It's going back to Thursdays. CBS affiliates are loosing money on NFL on Thursdays which is creating behind the scenes pressure on to renew for future years.

Plus they will warrant higher ratings on Thursdays with less competition vs. Mondays creating higher unit rate as it goes on this season

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 2

I need some Shamy sugar, we haven't gotten anything sweet or meaningful since 8.03. Well, I don't count the hug in 8.06 because it's initiated by Amy again lol.

• Like 2

No absolutely not.. It's going back to Thursdays. CBS affiliates are loosing money on NFL on Thursdays which is creating behind the scenes pressure on to renew for future years.

Plus they will warrant higher ratings on Thursdays with less competition vs. Mondays creating higher unit rate as it goes on this season

I have a Theory for the Reasons Season 8 has started off weaker then the last few seasons so far then is because CBS  decided to move it to Monday for the first 6 Episodes and that after it moves back to Thursday  the season will get better. Although Episode 5 and 6 look like they will be good ones. TBBT didn't hit it Prime until it moved to Thursday in 2010 when it really took off

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

I need some Shamy sugar, we haven't gotten anything sweet or meaningful since 8.03. Well, I don't count the hug in 8.06 because it's initiated by Amy again lol.

Me too... I'm looking forward to the taping report on Tuesday, hoping for some Shamy, but feeling a bit doubtful...

• Like 3

Me too... I'm looking forward to the taping report on Tuesday, hoping for some Shamy, but feeling a bit doubtful...

I am expecting nothing but will be happy with anything...

• Like 6

I have a Theory for the Reasons Season 8 has started off weaker then the last few seasons so far then is because CBS  decided to move it to Monday for the first 6 Episodes and that after it moves back to Thursday  the season will get better. Although Episode 5 and 6 look like they will be good ones. TBBT didn't hit it Prime until it moved to Thursday in 2010 when it really took off

Actually, it's strongest season, in raw numbers for the demo, was in 2009-2010, when it had a 5.26 average.  It was able to grow out of Two and a Half Men, and was the number 1 comedy, in demo, that year.   

• Like 1

I am expecting nothing but will be happy with anything...

Keep your expectations low and you are sure not to be disappointed... That being said Waaaahh! I need some Shamy this ep, but I am not feeling hopeful.

• Like 1

Lol ;). All I know is that my shamy stress level has gone way down since I adopted the "have no specific expectations" mindset. Its working really well this year *sly grin*

• Like 7

I don't want to get my hope up but...we got "you insulted my woman, I'm here to defend her honor" in 6.07 and "cuddles" in 5.08. 

• Like 1