The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

TPTB:  NAILED. IT.

Wow, I am shocked but pleasantly surprised.  As a Shamy/Lenny:  This is going to be an awesome episode.

Thank you, Batman. 

Party on, Shamies!!

• Like 2

I may have a hand injury from all the banging I did on the desk. I had absolutely no one to scream at!! I was here slapping my hands on the desk with my mouth open, making unintelligible sounds. It reminded me of a fish out of water.

My heart is still racing

• Like 2

My husband is in South Korea, so I would have been yelling AT him in real life, but I did do it in text. He's at work so I gotta wait for responses, but this is what I got so far:
tumblr_ndhvixOESF1spe6plo1_400.jpg

• Like 9

My phone started blowing up at about 3 am,  I started getting emotional before I even opened my eyes.  I knew it was a "prom" payoff.  

Warning: The following post contains strong language and scenes of an adult nature. Also a bit of handwringing about this episode. Rejoicers of a sensitive disposition should turn away now.

Holy FUCK, you guys. I do not know what to do with myself right now.

On the one hand : The declaration! And it was sweet and heartfelt and Sheldon went first and he has butterflies and he swatted Amy's behind with love (love! Holy FUCK!)and there were no take -backsies or mean-spirited undermining of the moment! And it happened, as Marina and others pointed out, when Amy took the pressure off Sheldon!It is like, as so many of you have astutely pointed out, like a fanfic in its detail and perfection.

On the other (and please don't kill me, I love you all), something about the declaration felt-unearned- to me. Don't get me wrong, I believe that Sheldon and Amy respect each other and are attracted to each other. I absolutely believe that Sheldon specifically needs Amy. Love? They're well on their way, but so much of their relationship has been hijacked by Sheldon's sex anxiety that their affection for each other has only very recently been allowed room to breathe. I would love to see Sheldon be there for Amy, to show understanding of her foibles as she does of his, for Amy to be the unreasonable one and -importantly- to be called on it. And the first few episodes of this series seemed to promise that. A little more of that, with a few episodes of Sheldon nervously grappling with his butterflies, followed by this episode? Magnificent. This felt like I was fast-forwarding to the ending of one of my favourite fanfics, without some of the bits in between that I love so well.

Whatever. I will still squeal like a banshee when I see the scene.

• Like 2

I'm just picturing Sheldons look as he says it in my head. DEAD, dead, dead. Now I'm going to watch all the episodes of this season again with the knowledge that when he looks at Amy, he loves her.

ME TOO. Gonna do that right now.

ALSO WITH THE KNOWLEDGE THAT HE HAS URGES.

Edited by JourneyIntoShamy
  • Like 9

I didn't think that Sheldon would have told ILY at this point of the season.. I am happily surprised, this is a real moment of empathy between Sheldon and Amy.. and he does it in a so simple and delicate way.. these authors are awesome!
This couple is so tender... I wonder what it will happen to the next episodes at this point! 
Edited by Shamyyy^-^
  • Like 1

Shamy shippers be like

tumblr_n0a0mislxy1rn4qwao3_500.gif

oh!! i love your gifs ( is that what they are called????) about Shamy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love love love them!

I am total mess,i screamed when i woke up and read the report, screamed at my daughter that shamy ily (daughter doesnt care ) scared the shit of my hubby when i called him freaking out on the phone (he thought i had a accident), i came to work told 2 tbbt fans here abt shamy ily. One reacted happy, other was ok with it.

Im a mid 30's mother of 2 fan girling over fictional characters and i am so happy.

Im listening to reo speedwagon, i cant stop this feeling and almost in tears.

What has shamy done to me?!??!?!

Hehe You've got me  :icon_biggrin:  I was so freaking out that I texted my mom (she is a fan, but she wants to be unspoiled), but I couldn't help myself so i text her something like "It's huge! please let me tell you ! I need to tell you! I can't keep this to myself! I'm FREAKING OUT "  :icon_cheesygrin:  I thought she understand it's about big bang, but she answered me with "Got, You're pregnant!" so I think I beat you, as I'm very young and in the last year of University, I gave my mother serious heart attack  :icon_cheesygrin: 

• Like 3

And we won't get to hear Amy saying it!! OH MY GOD!! H said it first!! This is a dream!! Seriously!! It was perfect, I agree with wowbagger (as usual) that it does seem strange since we don't get to see Sheldon actually caring for Amy, and when he does there's always the joke at the end ruining the moment, but I don't think there was any other way to go about this.

Sheldon is freaking out because he knows he wants sex, he just knows it and it's real. That's why he has a panick attack, he can't trust himself around Amy anymore!!!

• Like 3

Lolz

well, i couldn't exactly say anything because i don't know if this specific person is spoiled or not.... but i DID love the fact that indeed, SHELDON IS MORE THAN CAPABLE OF SAYING THE 'L' WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :maninlove:  :girlcrazy:

I think it's from today. Poor, unspoiled soul.

IT IS FROM TODAY :)   :)   :)    ( it felt good to know the truth!)

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with Sheldon coming to this conclusion in the way that he did.  He has cared for her (when she was sick--that turning around in the hallway was a big moment for him), he has overlooked her foibles (and what he considers her foibles) in that he knows she keeps angling for them to live together (so she can see his bathing suit parts), and he doesn't always understand what it is that sets her off, but he won't walk away from her for any of that.

I don't think he has to earn the right to say I love you.  I think that that first summer when they were emailing/texting every day was the first step in that direction.  And I think that him interrupting her date with Stuart in order to stake his claim on her was another big step.  I don't think you go out of your way to claim someone as your SO if you're not in love.

IMO, his only real issue has been pride and fear and some degree of not quite being able to articulate these new feelings.

I think he's felt the pressure from everyone, including himself, in some sense, to take that final physical step, which he's not ready for, but I don't think there has been any pressure to admit his feelings.

No one's been telling him he needs to tell Amy the actual words, but I think that the relationship survey they did was the precursor to this.  He may not like "romance" and all its trappings, but that doesn't have anything to do with real love.

I think that just like Valentine's Day put pressure on him to be romantic, the prom scenario put pressure on him to be physical, to have sex.  For him the more important aspect was that he knew--or was just realizing--that he did indeed love Amy.

Amy releasing him from any pressure to "perform" gave him the freedom to be real and open with her.

• Like 8

yea, what makes it even more special.....Its first love for both of them....True butterflies and all.  Think back to your first love, how giddy you were, how excited, etc.  They are stunted teens in a way and thats so loveable to me!!!  And to each have found mutal love in each other that neither has experienced before....amazing (and that is why I ship them...they are so different than the standard TV couples)

imagine in a warped world if they actually progressed further to the altar than Lenny....Doubt this would happen...but just saying.....

actually, for a while now i thought it would be interesting if Shamy got married first...and now, after this... i wouldn't be surprised at all. 

• Like 2

After reading the taping report a million times, I am starting to wonder if Sheldon had planned to have coitus with Amy after the prom at some point but panicked at the last minute.

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now my name is "Ghost of Such a Hag's ghost" because I DIED TWICE

Edited by Such a Hag
  • Like 3