The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

Is it weird to point at the TV during the opening credits of a old episode saying 'You LOVE her! You LOVE her!'?

Been doing that even before the ILY. Now I just squeal when they have an innocent scene together ️ I absolutely cannot wait to watch 8.03 again just knowing he loves her. Edited by LalaLogan
  • Like 1

Been doing that even before the ILY. Now I just squeal when they have an innocent scene together ️ I absolutely cannot wait to watch 8.03 again just knowing he loves her.

Ι watched 8.03 yesterday,the way he looked at her made me melt now that I know he loves her :girlinlove:  :girlinlove:

Edited by Little Miss Purple
  • Like 3

I don't know wowbagger, I think Sheldon knew he is in love with her for a while. Like he said in S6.23 " What we have is very intimate " Seems like he's very aware of his feelings for her. Honestly, I was ready for an ILY since then. I think Sheldon's biggest problem back then was the fear of change and the hypocrisy of his situation rather than the feel of being in love. He maybe feared that if he tells her that, indeed, he loves her then maybe she'll push him even more toward sex (which he wasn't ready for, even if he was interested) From the moment she made it clear that she's not putting pressure anymore, he just found a good occasion and it came out naturally. Idk, imo, it just proves us that the whole problem was not the admission of his feeling but the pressure for sex and by extension , any other kind of change. And It seems like he resolved the problem ( dealing with changes etc... ) during his trip. So yes, I'm not suprised by this ILY. Everything was settled for it and here it is, right in time.

Edited by Redrose
  • Like 7

I guess, then, that perhaps I'm not sure what it was you wanted to see in terms of earning it narratively.

What exactly would you have rather seen before he comes out and says it? Do you think there is any doubt to the veracity of his statment?

How would you have had them earn that moment?

See, that is the problem, and where I am going to be quite infuriating. I simply don't have a clear answer for you. I guess I enjoyed the earlier episodes where Amy had recovered her sass and confidence and eccentricity, maybe had Sheldon deal with her foibles and be acknowledged, in-universe, as doing so (the moving in thing dies not count because the show, very annoyingly, has never called Amy on this), some more of Sheldon and Amy being a team, making joint decisions, being shown to be to be there and care for and understand each other, some indication that Sheldon's emotions (rather than, as has been so clearly bruited, his interest in sex) are slipping further from his control...

I mean it's possible that the show wants to deal with those stories later. Maybe I am mourning the passing of stories I would like to have seen before the declaration, rather than really objecting to this plot point. One of my very favourite Shamy moments is Sheldon's defiant 'i am not trying to get her back', promptly followed by 'but out of curiosity, what is a way?' I take your point that heralding the declaration would rob the moment of its 'WHAM!'value, but I might trade a gasp for a long sigh.

As to the veracity of the statement: I believe Sheldon loves Amy. I do. Do I believe that he knows it, and knows it well enough to pre-empt Amy's declaration to spare her the necessity of drawing first?

I love the declaration, and I am mentally tearing up all the scenarios in my head, because this is so much better. I just think it's like skipping forward to the beautiful ending of a story, feeling that some pages of the book may have gotten stuck together.

And if my negativity hasn't already earned me some loathing, surely that metaphor will....

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 2

@wowbagger, I see where you're coming from. The pages stuck together metaphor, I see it. I didn't expect an ILY this early on. I genuinely expected it to be dragged out just a bit longer, so the pages stuck together metaphor is something that yes, I feel I understand that.

I had originally predicated the Shamy ILY for Valentines 2015.

Edited by JourneyIntoShamy
  • Like 3

See, that is the problem, and where I am going to be quite infuriating. I simply don't have a clear answer for you. I guess I enjoyed the earlier episodes where Amy had recovered her sass and confidence and eccentricity, maybe had Sheldon deal with her foibles and be acknowledged, in-universe, as doing so (the moving in thing dies not count because the show, very annoyingly, has never called Amy on this), some more of Sheldon and Amy being a team, making joint decisions, being shown to be to be there and care for and understand each other, some indication that Sheldon's emotions (rather than, as has been so clearly bruited, his interest in sex) are slipping further from his control...

I mean it's possible that the show wants to deal with those stories later. Maybe I am mourning the passing of stories I would like to have seen before the declaration, rather than really objecting to this plot point. One of my very favourite Shamy moments is Sheldon's defiant 'i am not trying to get her back', promptly followed by 'but out of curiosity', what is a way? I take your point that heralding the declaration would rob the moment of its 'WHAM!'value, but I might trade a gasp for a long sigh.

As to the veracity of the statement: I believe Sheldon loves Amy. I do. Do I believe that he knows it, and knows it well enough to pre-empt Amy's declaration to spare her the necessity of drawing first?

I love the declaration, and Iam mentally tearing up all the scenarios in my head, because this is so much better. I just think it's like skipping forward tithe beautiful ending of a story, feeling that some pages of the book may have gotten stuck together.

And if my negativity hasn't already earned me some loathing, surely that metaphor will....

No loathing from my corner.

I do understand what you're saying in terms of storylines you might have wished to have seen, but to me that doesn't equate to the writers not having earned this moment.

I think it's more like one of those interactive stories where there are two or three options to get you from Point A to Point B.  Some people will choose one option, others will choose another.

Some scenarios that people put forth--whether they are "sex" related or "emotions" related--just don't ring true to me, or are unrealistic for how the show is written.  But I don't think we've been skipping chapters or losing pages.

It also reminds me of some issues in the X-Files Fandom.  There were many moments that happened off-screen but were referred to later and it was kind of frustrating that we didn't get to see those scenarios actually play out before us.

One big one was how exactly Mulder and Scully became a couple.  They were growing closer and closer, had obvious deep affection for each other, but we never saw them cross that line, until later it was implied.

In the season finale, they finally had a real "couple's kiss" that left no mistake, but a lot had happened before that that was all off-screen or implied.  Even the child they had together--Mulder being the father was toyed with, partially implied, but not really confirmed until the finale.

It was maddening.

But with Sheldon and Amy, I think they have shown us the two of them acting in concert--maybe not as much as we would have liked, especially more recently, but I think it was still there.  They have said things that imply that there has been a lot going on off-screen that we simply don't get to see.

"We go to the zoo all the time--she knows my koala face."

Amy checked the mole on his back (of all places.)

They've had apparently endless conversations about random things, like his treefort.

At any rate, I think that while we haven't seen tons of their coupledom, and the sorts of scenes you listed, I don't think it means that those things might not have happened.  They've obviously been doing things off-screen all along that we haven't seen that would indicate that they do take care of each other, do things together, etc..

And while we may not have gotten to see all kinds of scenarios play out the way we might have wanted to, I don't think it takes anything away from the two of them being ready to acknowledge what they've been feeling for some time.

• Like 7

Welcome, Laura!, where are you from?

5 x 23 is (for me) one of the biggest SHAMY episodes. Sheldon/Leonard conversation during 3D Chess is adorable!

I want them doing the same in their golden years!

He's actually gonna say "I love you, too" - those words are actually gonna leave his mouth.

Oh God, oh God

:wub:

they've left his mouth before... He said it to Penny. He was in a state of euphoria after completing the domino design. He's told Leonard he loves him (platonically) . i just can't wait for him to say those 3 little words to the person that matters  :girlglasses:

• Like 2

they've left his mouth before... He said it to Penny. He was in a state of euphoria after completing the domino design. He's told Leonard he loves him (platonically) . i just can't wait for him to say those 3 little words to the person that matters  :girlglasses:

Ah yes, his ILY to Penny after what I like to refer to as his "Closure Climax" LOL

But I mean he's never said it for romantic love ;) And he's gonna say it and be completely sober and serious and gaaaaaawd, I can't wait to see how Jim delivers that line.

• Like 5

A friend of mine who watches the show as well thought it would be hilarious for a post coitus scene where Amy comes out wearing one of Sheldon's shirts and Sheldon comes out with her glasses perched sideways on his face and all I could think is...MUST WRITE THIS ONE SHOT

• Like 6

Ah yes, his ILY to Penny after what I like to refer to as his "Closure Climax" LOL

But I mean he's never said it for romantic love ;) And he's gonna say it and be completely sober and serious and gaaaaaawd, I can't wait to see how Jim delivers that line.

It's his "DOMINORGASM"... :p

• Like 6

So I'm watching the first season right now and this happens in episode 3 (Fuzzy Boots Corollary) -

Leonard: I'm having a panic attack.

Sheldon: Oh, okay, well then, calm down.

Leonard: If I could calm down I wouldn't be having a panic attack, that's why they call it a panic attack.

Sheldon: Alright, alright, well, just, sit down, yes, sit down, now close your eyes.

Leonard: Why?

Sheldon: Just do it.

Leonard: Okay.

Sheldon: Now try to increase your alpha-wave activity.

Leonard: What?

Sheldon: It's a bio-feedback technique, it's relaxation through brain-wave manipulation, I read a paper about it in the Journal of American Neuroscience, it was a little sparsely sourced but I think the basic science is valid, I probably have it here somewhere.

Haha! I found that very interesting, considering recent events...

• Like 9

So I'm watching the first season right now and this happens in episode 3 (Fuzzy Boots Corollary) -

Leonard: I'm having a panic attack.

Sheldon: Oh, okay, well then, calm down.

Leonard: If I could calm down I wouldn't be having a panic attack, that's why they call it a panic attack.

Sheldon: Alright, alright, well, just, sit down, yes, sit down, now close your eyes.

Leonard: Why?

Sheldon: Just do it.

Leonard: Okay.

Sheldon: Now try to increase your alpha-wave activity.

Leonard: What?

Sheldon: It's a bio-feedback technique, it's relaxation through brain-wave manipulation, I read a paper about it in the Journal of American Neuroscience, it was a little sparsely sourced but I think the basic science is valid, I probably have it here somewhere.

Haha! I found that very interesting, considering recent events...

huh. Do you think he could have read an article by Amy at some point before they even met?
  • Like 5

huh. Do you think he could have read an article by Amy at some point before they even met?

he has an eidetic memory. if he had, he would've remembered and perhaps brought it up.

Has anyone taken into account that after the ILY, Sheldon and Amy had to go up to the actual prom and probably SLOW DANCED!!!!!!<3 <3

RIP ME

• Like 8