The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

Yeah I'd like Amy to move in after Leonard goes and she can stay in his old room and they graduate slowly to sharing sheldons bed

Ahem "the nesting experiment" has this scenario :)

• Like 2

Yeah I'd like Amy to move in after Leonard goes and she can stay in his old room and they graduate slowly to sharing sheldons bed

Ahem "the nesting experiment" has this scenario :)

One of the first Shamy fan fics I ever read. I love it :)

• Like 1

I would just HATE Amy to move in before coitus. It seems so weird.

Even if they are slow, in my opinion they have always done things in the "right order", and in real life, you usually don't live with your girlfriend before being physically intimate with her.

And I also think that's the very reason why Leonard hasn't moved out yet.

• Like 3

I agree, teaching Sheldon to drive would be funny to see. And he trusts Amy and values her opinion and god knows she has the patience of a saint sometimes. it could also lead to little romantic scenes... kisses..making out in the back seat.... ( yes, my mind has just reverted to fan fiction)  ;)

This is where my mind went too!

• Like 1

Sheldon doing research would make for a very amusing scene. Perhaps he stumbles upon a video of something that unsettles him and asks Leonard about it. That might also be when he figures out what you do with a robot prostitute that you can't do with a robot girlfriend.

• Like 3

My dream fantasy that I've already told a few girls on this forum:

One day, secretly, Sheldon decides that it's time to get his drivers license, get a car, the whole shabang.

One Shamy date night, he drives to Amy's home and calls her outside. She comes out and there he stands, next to his new car I'm a sexy Tuxedo, waiting to take her wherever she wants to go.

Not that would be hot. Haha.

Omg! It sounds like something from an eighties movie I love it!

• Like 4

I actually was never a fan of getting Sheldon to drive (kinda liked that fact sorta like not knowing Penny's last name)

But after reading these comments it would be pretty special if only Amy is the one who gets him to drive plus talk about personal growth for him (like the last step in becoming a full man).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I can see him doing his research and then hurriedly slamming down the lid on his laptop as Leonard (or Penny) walks in:

'What you doing Sheldon?'

'Nothing!'

• Like 9

I can see him doing his research and then hurriedly slamming down the lid on his laptop as Leonard (or Penny) walks in:

'What you doing Sheldon?'

'Nothing!'

Oh I would bet he has already done a fair share of research on the topic. But just like the SIK and the ILY some things research can't teach you and are better when you follow your instincts.

I also see when they do have an intimate encounter (not sex... But making out/touching) Lenny walking in on them.

• Like 9

Oh I would bet he has already done a fair share of research on the topic. But just like the SIK and the ILY some things research can't teach you and are better when you follow your instincts.

I also see when they do have an intimate encounter (not sex... But making out/touching) Lenny walking in on them.

Yes I can see this then Leonard making a comment about how it is like living with a teenager. You know how he and Penny kind of act like Sheldon is their kid and now he is going through sneaking around/puberty phase.

• Like 7

Yes I can see this then Leonard making a comment about how it is like living with a teenager. You know how he and Penny kind of act like Sheldon is their kid and now he is going through sneaking around/puberty phase.

Yes yes yes! X'D

Also unrelated: i was thinking during work about how we're gonna hear a 2nd proposal, and i think we're all assuming it'll be ragemily, right? But what if it is shamy..? Like Sheldon's going over the R.A. with amy and as they do they discuss the future. Marriage comes up and Sheldon says something like "not right now but how about in 2 years?" and amy's like "did you just propose?" Sheldon replies "I suppose i did" just.... or is that too fan ficy?

Edited by JourneyIntoShamy
  • Like 5

Who imagines coitus to happen before they move in together, and who imagines moving in together to happen first?

I think moving in might happen first.

i don't know... if we take Sheldon's upbringing into consideration... probably after getting married. On the other hand, he has witnessed his mother doing the horizontal mamba out of wedlock and not even in love. But, then there are these raging hormones that are starting to wake up ( have you seen the awakening???) very slowly and he does have the tendency to follow what ever people tell him is socail protocol...and these days it is 'normal' to have coitus for any ocassion. then again, it will be their first time..so it should (hopefully) be special.

MY CONCLUSION: I HAVE NO FREAKIN' CLUE! i'm gonna go with before

:icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 5

I think it would happen before moving in too, although it would be funny to see Sheldon come up with ever more flimsy excuses to sleep in Amy's bed!

• Like 4

i don't know... if we take Sheldon's upbringing into consideration... probably after getting married. On the other hand, he has witnessed his mother doing the horizontal mamba out of wedlock and not even in love. But, then there are these raging hormones that are starting to wake up ( have you seen the awakening???) very slowly and he does have the tendency to follow what ever people tell him is socail protocol...and these days it is 'normal' to have coitus for any ocassion. then again, it will be their first time..so it should (hopefully) be special.

MY CONCLUSION: I HAVE NO FREAKIN' CLUE! i'm gonna go with before

:icon_cheesygrin:

I would take a guess and say after they move in together. Naturally, living together would make them grow closer and eventually have the urge to just do it. Haha.

As far as his religious upbringing goes, it was clear to me that when he said, "this changes things..." after seeing his mom having sex with a man on her couch, he saw that she was religious but obviously not THAT religious so I felt like that was him saying, "well, if mom can have sex out of wedlock, then I might do the same if the time is right."

Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 8

Tomorrow we get take 2 on the Shamy hug, right?

• Like 9

So true! I think that's why I'm still having trouble believing that the ILY is actually about to happen. To me, that simple phrase opens up all sorts of possibilities. Anything can happen from here. I've always believed they would eventually have coitus, but now I KNOW they will.

As for when, I'm still seeing the scenario in my mind where she moves in and that brings them closer and opens up more opportunities for them to grow more intimate. I agree with those who think they'd start out in separate rooms and then migrate to one another's beds. And I can see Sheldon being the one to come up with excuses for that to happen as he realizes he wants to be close to her and tries to get used to the idea of physical contact with her so he can ready himself for sex. I also think that any hesitation he may have had because of his religious upbringing (though I believe that would have been a very small thing in the back of his mind since he's not religious himself) was dissolved when he found his mother with her new boyfriend. It's my belief that that's one of the reasons that episode exists.

They could definitely do it the other way too, where they have sex before she moves in. I've mentioned this before, but I could see a scenario where either Penny moves in or starts staying with them on a more regular basis and Sheldon gets annoyed with her habits, etc and starts going to Amy's more. And maybe at some point she can get him to share her bed and things progress from there. And yes, I'm getting fanfic-y here too, but hey, you never know. The whole prom episode feels like a dream or fanfiction, so...

Yeah, what you said is exactly why I have absolutely no idea what will happen first, each time I think about it I have a different opinion, I guess that’s mostly because I don't see one thing happening long before the other.

On one hand I don’t think Sheldon would agree to live with her while the pressure of sex exists, after all, when the season started he thought that Amy wanted to live with him to see his “bathing suit parts”, but now the prom episode got me confused about it, I mean, will the pressure still be there at some level or will that change things? On the other hand I think the writers could go with living together first because at some point Sheldon and Leonard will live apart and they could prefer to have Sheldon and Amy living together for a while to keep pushing sex for later. But, like I said I don't really see one thing happening long before the other, no matter the order, so who knows? For me it's only a matter of which one the writers will choose to motivate the other. Is living together going the lead them to sex or is going to be the other way around?
  • Like 4

I recalled an interview with Mayim half a year ago.

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/the_big_bang_theorys_mayim_bialik_sheldon_and_amy_are_developing_as_unusually_as_we_would_expect-2014-04

"I don't know about the L-word. We haven't really talked about it. I don't know if that's a word that Sheldon would think to use, and I don't know that it would bother Amy that he doesn't. I think she understands his quirks pretty well." 

Now she knew it's the word Sheldon used LOL. I really want an interview with Jim and Mayim after the episode airs, like the one Jim did after SIK. 

• Like 9

I recalled an interview with Mayim half a year ago.

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/the_big_bang_theorys_mayim_bialik_sheldon_and_amy_are_developing_as_unusually_as_we_would_expect-2014-04

"I don't know about the L-word. We haven't really talked about it. I don't know if that's a word that Sheldon would think to use, and I don't know that it would bother Amy that he doesn't. I think she understands his quirks pretty well."

Now she knew it's the word Sheldon used LOL. I really want an interview with Jim and Mayim after the episode airs, like the one Jim did after SIK.

Lol proving once again that Mayim has a really weird take on their relationship. Man how is she always so way off on her predictions? Edited by CaffeineBuzz
  • Like 8