The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

Lol proving once again that Mayim has a really weird take on their relationship. Man how is she always so way off on her predictions

And thank God for THAT! I love that Jim is usually spot on.

• Like 8

And this is why I get so aggravated with Mayim sometimes! God bless, doesn't she understand her own character? Hell, Jim understands Amy better than mayim does!

• Like 6

I think she does understand her character. I also believe that Amy wouldn't mind if he never told her ILY and she does understand his quirks pretty well. She just doesn't have high expectations from Shamy. Maybe she just doesn't care that much which is fine cause this is her job she doesn't have to be a fangirl.

Yea Mayim and Jim have very different expectations for their relationship. I usually agree with Jim and he is usually right!!!

And yes... His gulp is her hoo. He now also is turned on by her physically (not just her mind). And he has gulp a lot more than her reactions as of the last season so it's obviously on his mind far more than hers.

So the push/pull now that the pressure is off in terms of physical advancement I expect to change a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Mayim ships Shamy too! She shared this article on her twitter: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/06/big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy_n_5917940.html

Also, she replied to CTV Television that Shamy is the superior couple (all due respect to Leonard and Penny).

I think it's just that time, like Amy, she wasn't sure how Sheldon would say (lots of people didn't think he's capable of saying it) and it's a huge issue to discuss. 

Jim and Mayim declared their (platonic) love for each other on IG just a few months ago, they helped me get through that summer easier. Well, Jim started it so I would give a little more credit to Jim LOL. 

• Like 4

Yea Mayim and Jim have very different expectations for their relationship. I usually agree with Jim and he is usually right!!!

And yes... His gulp is her hoo. He now also is turned on by her physically (not just her mind). And he has gulp a lot more than her reactions as of the last season so it's obviously on his mind far more than hers.

So the push/pull now that the pressure is off in terms of physical advancement I expect to change a lot.

Anytime i read anything of yours.. I always read it with a new new york accent haha!

• Like 4

Anytime i read anything of yours.. I always read it with a new new york accent haha!

Awesome!! You now have the joys of hearing a thick NY (Long Island) accent weekly lol!

I am going to now have some cawfee and wadah. (Coffee and water)

To think in College I actually took a class to tone it down for the business world lol

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 3

I really want to see Shamy play Hide n Seek on Tom Sawyer's Island.

Haha!!!

• Like 2

I really want to see Shamy play Hide n Seek  on Tom Sawyer's Island.

Me too! Though to be honest, I'd watch them doing anything. Hide and Seek, cooking, washing dishes...

Edited by JourneyIntoShamy
  • Like 2

Hello I'm back! Hahaha
Well I'm reading these posts about Jim and Mayim and in my opinion, both understand the characters, but in relation of the relationship, Jim understand more than Mayim. I don't know if you are going to understand, but I think the Mayim see more the Amy's vision and Jim see the relationship at all, like us, the fans.
Jim can see what Amy think about the Sheldon and what she wants, and he see what Sheldon think about Amy and what he wants. He see the love and the effort of both for everything work.
Mayim just see Amy. She see the frustrations of her character but don't see the Sheldon's part.
Because of it Jim always is right, and her not.
Is like she see just one part, when Jim see at all. He is like a fangirl... and she don't, she just appreciate the couple but don't nothing very "OMG" and these things...
And for conclusion, if Mayim don't understand her character, Shamy is was not be so loved like is. :victory:
  • Like 1

Mayim understands Amy and Shamy's relationship. However, I think Mayim wants the pace to be excruciatingly slow and Jim wants it all right now, lol.

i agree :)

You remind me of this video :

He has had desires since 2 years ago.

Jim has always been the original shipper. I love the interview he does about the finale of season 3 about Mayim being on and he was so giddy

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 5

Plse, don´t forget Mayim was the first in posting clues about the SIK train on her Kveller blog at the end of last year, two or three weeks before the tape!

I M O, she loves Amy and SHAMY equal! :girlinlove:

She said the word "love" wasn't in his vocabulary?  I'm glad she was wrong.

I don't see any reason to think it's not in his vocabulary.  Once Sheldon has befriended someone, he's very attached to the person.  He may try to hide it, but it eventually shows through.  Sheldon even made a grand gesture to get Howard back as his friend (giving him his spot)--and he claims Howard is his least favorite friend.  Sheldon has let his guard down with Amy a few times, and as strongly as he feels about her, he was bound to tell her sooner or later.  We all know she must be really special for homo novus, who is too advanced for romantic attachments, to be in a relationship with her.

17 days and counting down.

• Like 7

Well as working actors. Particularly Method actors. They Normally don't get emotionally invested. They have their scripts different per week. So I don't think it matters either way who loves Shamy more lol. Its up to the writers love for the ship tbh. Just slipping in to say i think the ILY is a HUGE step for their relationship. I don't think this means Sheldon is going to suddenlly change, its always small steps for the guy. But at least we know Sheldon see's Amy in that way, which was the issue IMO. Physical intimacy well still be ages away, but it should be like that. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1