The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

Agree 100%. I think it was still a sweet episode for our Sheldon (50% of our ship guys). Him admitting all those fears to Raj was HUGE. And that part I loved. I really felt for him.

And I agree that the hug wasn't needed. Would it have been nice sure, but it was necessary.

Plus as Shamy shippers we have been really spoiled while Lenny did deserve an episode like this. They can't all be Shamy heavy.

And we know Prom is coming. That will be epic (and I don't think that will be as edited lol).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they might remove the butt-slap (someone said it was just Jim swotting Mayim's behind), but I don't mind if that is edited out. As long as the ILY and the "Just 'cause I told you I love you-" line stays in, I'm happy.

• Like 4

I don't wanna tell anyone what they should be feeling but come on guys, how can one feel totally disheartened with an episode like 8x08 coming up?

Yes, a hug would've been nice, of course it would've! But it might be in 8x07. It might be in 8x10 or 8x21 or whatever, but it'll happen, and when it does, the hug will probably be more appropriate for whatever scene they chose to put the hug in.

• Like 6

Okay, so I had a tiny meltdown. But, I am okay now.

Now that I can think rationally, I agree the hug would have been a little out of place. Come on November 6th.

• Like 3

I was very frustrated when I knew the hug was cut out (what's the point to put it in the promo?).

However, after I watched the whole episode and read some positive comments in this thread, it's better to not have an awkward hug. Well, I think at this point of their relationship, Sheldon should be the one to hug Amy and the hug should be quite intimate/passionate. Amy already hugged him 3 times, Sheldon only cuddled her once. 

They took the hug away from us, let's hope they don't take ILY away as well. I'm kinda anxious. Now I understand why some people said shipping the Shamy is like riding a roller coaster.

• Like 2

In the taping report didn't Raj mock the hug?.  If you are going to be heading toward a sweet and romantic story line for Sheldon and Amy wouldn't you want to pull back on the well worn trope of having their friends make fun of their relationship.  Amy said in the D&D episode that their friends thought that their relationship was a joke.

I'm OK with the missing hug, I love that Amy supported them, I love that when Sheldon expressed his fear, it wasn't about Amy as Raj suggested it might be, but instead about his career.  IMHO he is confident about Amy, he is scared to death about this twist in his career path.

(PS I need a You Tube video of Sheldon sing the mining song again, Raj's comments cracked me up)

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 6

I think shipping Destiel from Supernatural has really prepared me for Shamy, if I'm honest, because what's bad for you guys is kinda normal for me. I'm like "Ah could be worse!"

Shamy is smooth sailing compared to my other ships :icon_biggrin:

Replay Raj's rant at the end.  Sheldon considers his words and does not refute them.  It obvious what Raj was stating.  I say that's some foreshadowing.

• Like 4

Replay Raj's rant at the end.  Sheldon considers his words and does not refute them.  It obvious what Raj was stating.  I say that's some foreshadowing.

Shelly's growin' up :')

• Like 2

agree!!  He didn't deny what Raj was saying as incorrect....just didn't need it pointed out to him.

This episode's "lesson" is that Sheldon is much more aware of himself & his surroundings.  Even in the opening when he says he misses the old days when he didn't realize they were making fun of him.  And then his admitting of his fears with his career is enormous.  And its not Amy, its his uncertain future.  That would make anybody scared.  

He can still be an ass, BUT this episode (aside from Lenny growth) shows big growth for Sheldon.  

• Like 9

We know SHAMY hugs and kissses regularly OFF screen! May be tomorrow well´get some sweet ON screen! :yes:

Ohh I certainly hope so. If not, after 8x08 for sure, and when they kiss after 8x08 it'll feel more meaningful because by then, they'll both know that they love each other.

• Like 4

also...anybody else notice how much deeper Sheldon's voice was in the episode?  Just much more manly than normal.  The writers are hitting even the novice watchers head with the Sheldon growth stuff.  

and he really didn't want to give up (Raj suggested it and he quickly said NO).  Its like he wanted to prove that he CAN do it.  Just like in the upcoming Prom episode.  He wants to face his fears head on (albeit not successful all the time).  

Again...that train trip did really change him.  For those that expected some grandness in the premiere...the way they are doing it now is more natural and IC.

They are preparing the viewers for grown up Sheldon!!!

Oh my gosh suddenly I'm feeling very emotional, filled with Sheldon!Feels. The fact that he is really trying to face his fears, even though he's scared of the unknown.

Aw gosh, so much growth.. and he has more bravery than he (and others) know.

Edited by JourneyIntoShamy
  • Like 8

I can't even think about hug or ILY right now. Sheldon's singing and his line about his career and are still stucked in my mind. I'll need some time to think straight. These two scenes saved the whole episode for me.

• Like 4

Ah I just remembered: another thing to look forward to -> The prom picture! Yep yep, looking forward to seeing them both smiling in a picture together, and (apparently? but i don't wanna say for sure) hugging in that picture. APPARENTLY. don't take my word on it, i read it here somewhere.

• Like 3

Well I did read it on here but I'm saying apparently because if I'm wrong, I don't want there to be pitchforks and burning torches in my direction.
But hug or not, we get an ILY and them smiling all content together like the cute couple they are :')

Seriously though, when we do see them hug (one day), I want it to be a sweet moment, an appropriate hugging scene, like Amy's upset and Sheldon offers to hug her, or something.
Just a cute moment. Perhaps they're both standing, Amy has her arms wrapped around Sheldon, and his arms are around her shoulders, as he rests his head on hers.

Shh, what no, I haven't thought about this for ages or anything...

• Like 7

It's a posed hug for their prom portrait.it sounds like it will definitely happen. If they decide in the end to just flash the finished shots of all the couples we wont see how sheldon gets his arms around her, but if we do batman said he embraced her (for the social convention photo bear in mind) without anyone prompting him to do it

Edited by Tomasina
  • Like 8

It's a posed hug for their prom portrait.it sounds like it will definitely happen. If they decide in the end to just flash the finished shots of all the couples we wont see how sheldon gets his arms around her, but if we do batman said he embraced her (for the social convention photo bear in mind) without anyone prompting him to do it

:wub:

Whoa, their first non-boa constrictor hug!

• Like 4

Whoa, their first non-boa constrictor hug!

And the first time he's technically hugging/embracing her of his own free will, even if it is due to the social convention.
  • Like 5