The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

And the first time he's technically hugging/embracing her of his own free will, even if it is due to the social convention.

After an ILY too, so they'll be hugging/embracing with the knowledge that each of them loves each other :wub:

No wonder they're both gonna be smiling big :wub: Loved up cutie pies

Edited by JourneyIntoShamy
  • Like 6

Just popping in to say that I loved the ep! Sheldon was so cute that the hug was not needed. Plus we will get the ILY and if they edit that out then I will make a stink.

• Like 5

I think shipping Destiel from Supernatural has really prepared me for Shamy, if I'm honest, because what's bad for you guys is kinda normal for me. I'm like "Ah could be worse!"

Shamy is smooth sailing compared to my other ships :icon_biggrin:

I relate to this on a spiritual level. Shamy is a smooth ride compared to Destiel. :D

• Like 1

I can't even think about hug or ILY right now. Sheldon's singing and his line about his career and are still stucked in my mind. I'll need some time to think straight. These two scenes saved the whole episode for me.

I loved Sheldon's singing. That whole scene with Raj was great.  Sheldon is truly changing.  I loved how he admitted that his emotional struggle was not Amy. He knows he loves her. He dealt with that part of him and has accepted it.  I did feel sorry for Raj. He was pretty mad. 

• Like 7

While I came in here earlier and tried to be rational about the lack of a hug in the episode, I did kinda let it keep me from enjoying the episode more.  After watching it a second time, I am really loving the Sheldon and Raj story line and agree that the hug, while it would have been nice, doesn't really fit with the scene.  Sheldon's singing was adorable and his confession to Raj brought up a lot of feels.  Love Sheldon in this one.

Edited by nickelette424
  • Like 4

BRACE YOURSELVES. I STUMBLED ONTO GOLD BY ACCIDENT ON FB.

Amysprom_zpsa4b4cebd.jpg

I cannot contain myself right now.

Cleavage. No wonder Sheldon couldn't help but consider partaking in prom mating rituals. 

• Like 4

I did notice Sheldon's voice was deeper. (ugh Jim will be the death of me)

I also liked the beginning when Sheldon said he wished he could go back to when he didn't understand when people were making fun of him/sarcasm. That also showed a lot of growth as a person. Sheldon's character development is brilliant!

'Yes I like that line and agree. I just watch an episode form season 1 and Leonard and Penny kept saying things which he didn't understand was  sarcasm. At one point Leonard held up a Sarcasm sign. 

• Like 2

Guest Loyal to SPQR and Shamy

While I came in here earlier and tried to be rational about the lack of a hug in the episode, I did kinda let it keep me from enjoying the episode more.  After watching it a second time, I am really loving the Sheldon and Raj story line and agree that the hug, while it would have been nice, doesn't really fit with the scene.  Sheldon's singing was adorable and his confession to Raj brought up a lot of feels.  Love Sheldon in this one.

Agreed. Now, just waiting for prom episode......

• Like 1

Now waiting form Tomorrow Episode and The Prom episode. It was fun watching the first few Episode on Monday but it will be Great having it back on Thursday Nights! 

8.08 is suppose to take place before 8.07 right? even so it was tape after 8.07. 

I did notice Sheldon's voice was deeper. (ugh Jim will be the death of me)

I also liked the beginning when Sheldon said he wished he could go back to when he didn't understand when people were making fun of him/sarcasm. That also showed a lot of growth as a person. Sheldon's character development is brilliant!

Could he have had a cold?

Having only read the taping report once, I couldn't even remember where exactly the hug was supposed to go in that scene. I think the episode was fine without it (though I wouldn't have complained if they had left it in). Sheldon's mine song was cracking me up. I had to watch that part twice. :icon_lol:

Now I'm looking forward to the taping report tomorrow and the Love Prom.

Edited by Trinabeana78
  • Like 1

My head canon is that they hugged, and Raj saw it.  I don't know why, but I like the thought of them being affectionate (not major PDA or anything) around their friends.  I guess in a way it's showing them how much progress he has made, and it gives Amy some validation from their friends that it's a real relationship.

• Like 2

FUCK EVERYTHING.

If they cut out the, "I love you too..." in the prom episode, sh!t is goin' DOWNNN. LOL.

Edited by MJistheBOMB

Look their are many reasons why they cut out scenes, or edit out. I am sure while doing so, it hasent crossed their mind at all Shippers well be bothered by it. Its a common occurance, they cut scenes to fit in their time frame. And please Molaro likes Amy, why wouldent he, it would be kinda petty and unprofrssional if he diddnt. In a professional working enviorontment no way would a Head Writer on a very popular sitcom be biast towards a character. If he is he should be fired, so i highley doubt it. I get this is a Shamy Shippers thread, but just enjoy the ride. I support Lenny, butif they dont have any scenes, ah well. But thats not my main centric, primary reason to watchinh. Its an ensemble comedy after all, its all in good fun.

• Like 4

Sheldon is definitely growing up. It blows my mind how now, when someone tells him something about himself, he just takes it in and doesn't deny it or give some crazy excuse for his actions. Actually, when Raj confronted him tonight, he had a look on his face that was almost sad and like he was about to burst into tears or something (go rewatch, I'm not kidding. LOL).

So, I never read the report so I'm not sure where the hug was supposed to go but the episode I saw tonight didn't need it. Looked like Raj needed a hug instead. Hahaha.

It's not the end of the world. We have many more great Shamy moments to come.

• Like 6

Plus, looking forward, when Raj asks if amy is the problem sheldon worries about and he emphatically says no, we know it's because he's come to terms with how he feels about her, even if he doesn't know what to do about it yet

just saw it. They retaped the scene to make them sweaty and at the same time removed the verbal No. They also picked the least emotional of howardette's fight scene. Seems like they made a conscious decision for the whole episode to tone down the heavy emotions.

BECAUSE ALL BETS ARE OFF FOR PROM

• Like 6

Guest Loyal to SPQR and Shamy

Is any SHAMY fan going to tape on October 28Th?( I mean a REAL SHAMY fan!) :dontknow:

Sorry, but what is so significant about 10/28? (I'm not too well-informed, as I am new)

Is any SHAMY fan going to tape on October 28Th?( I mean a REAL SHAMY fan!) :dontknow:

I don't mean this as criticism, but that sounds like a dig against batman, who was SOOO kind to give us very detailed information about last week's taping.

• Like 9

I liked the episode and I definitely prefer no hug than take one but I just cannot understand why everything is off screen. Sheldon hugs Leonard and Penny and claims that he hugs Amy but we are not seeing it. I don't think that hug with Raj's joke would charge the episode emotionally. Of course I liked the episode and it was really funny I just think it wouldn't be such a big deal if they let it in. Anyway prom episode makes up for that but I won't pretend I am not disappointed cause the little moments is what I love about Shamy.

• Like 2

Just watched it. And so, no hug. :(

About the episode, I found fine that Sheldon faces up his fears, like we already said with the taping, I think it's revealing for the next steps in shamy's relationship.
And it was good to see the interactions between Sheldon and Raj.
Edited by CentralPerk
  • Like 1