The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

I've never been good at resisting spoilers, so I just read the spoilers. Surprisingly it doesn't ruin a whole lot for me.

It's like reading the book before watching the movie. I like having the image in my head, and then seeing how it plays on screen.

• Like 9

I would love to see the spoiler free shamy fans reactions on youtube they would be amazing

• Like 2

I honestly kinda envy spoiler-free people, mostly because I'm such a weak soul and read every single spoiler now. I mean, imagine your reaction if you didn't know about it... all of us will freak out on Thursday, but spoiler-free guys will be like "WTF!!! OMG!!! *head explodes* NO. FREAKING. WAY." I was spoiler-free till this season and I don't think I'd spit out my drink the way I did with SIK if I knew about it beforehand.

I'm so jealous of the people who were spoiler-free for the SIK. That's the reason I stumbled upon this forum--I needed to know when they were gonna kiss already, because it was getting ridiculous (in my mind, anyway). It was still amazing, because it played out on screen even better than I imagined it. I can't imagine being spoiler-free, knowing something big is coming, and not finding out what exactly it is. That takes the kind of willpower I simply do not have!

• Like 6

I'm so jealous of the people who were spoiler-free for the SIK. That's the reason I stumbled upon this forum--I needed to know when they were gonna kiss already, because it was getting ridiculous (in my mind, anyway). It was still amazing, because it played out on screen even better than I imagined it. I can't imagine being spoiler-free, knowing something big is coming, and not finding out what exactly it is. That takes the kind of willpower I simply do not have!

I didn't even know something big was coming! So you can imagine my reaction... I spat out my drink, stared at the screen for like 5 minutes and had to replay that scene like 10 times to understand what the hell just happened.

I still remember how I came to school after the weekend (new eps are on Fridays for us) and two guys (both "normal"/not obsessed like me spoiler-free TBBT fans) went "He kissed her. SHELDON COOPER F***ING KISSED HER." :haha:

• Like 5

I would love to see the spoiler free shamy fans reactions on youtube they would be amazing

Yeah... I love this guy - 

... whatever it's fake or not, his reaction (on first almost kiss) is awesome  :icon_cheesygrin:
  • Like 7

This is my first spoiled season, and there is just no going back. After the SIK I was wrecked, every promo had me worried they would break them up. Then I joined this forum and I have been happily spoiled ever since.

Being unspoiled for the SIK I would say being surprised for the ILY would not make much if a difference. I went back and read the report on that one and it was like Oh he kissed Amy' cute. Then you see it on screen and you are like holy crap he KISSSED Amy! I am thinking it will be the same on Thursday when I actually hear him say the words to her.

• Like 9

Some people want to be surprised...I would go spoiler free but I don't have the strength :icon_razz:

Yep, the taping reports are to tempting not to read, although I might try to give them up in the second half of the season, but it's a comedy, not a drama like Breaking Bad where reading the spoilers would ruin the suspense of the show - I have seen some epsodes of TBBT five times and still laugh just as hard :)

• Like 3

I love spoilers, I even read the last page of every novel before I started reading it. I started watching BBT 2 years ago, after I finished the pilot, I went on wikipedia and found out AFF was gonna be Sheldon's girlfriend and I looked forward to meeting her since then. 

I agree unspoiled Shamy folks are strong. I really can't go unspoiled.

Edited by Jiab
  • Like 3

I'm still so glad I wasn't spoiled for the SIK. I had no idea anything big was even coming, because it was shortly before joining here. It was great to be that surprised. But, having read the TR for Prom really didn't diminish my viewing of the actual episode, because there was so much detail missing. So seeing it in real life was like a thousand times better. Plus, there was that excitement of knowing the ILY was coming and anticipating the way it would play out. Major adrenaline rush to watch it actually happen.

• Like 9

I love to be a spoiler because, for me,it is the funniest of all these. TBBT and SHAMY are not a thriller or a suspense and dramatic novel!  (and I enjoy A LOT watching, and watching every episode)

• Like 1

I love that, because without spoilers I wouldn't have this unicorn/double rainbows/basket of puppies mood for two weeks now   :icon_redface:   Cheaper than Zoloft   :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 8

I love that, because without spoilers I wouldn't have this unicorn/double rainbows/basket of puppies mood for two weeks now   :icon_redface:   Cheaper than Zoloft   :icon_cheesygrin:

Unicorn/double rainbow/basket of puppies mood is awesome and i love your avatar

• Like 1

My week just got even better!  Thursday is Prom with my Shamy babies and just a little while ago,  this guy I've liked for awhile asked me out for Sunday!   :) :) :)

aww i'm happy for you!! :)

• Like 5

I sometimes regret not to be spoiler free. But I think there is still surprise and excitement. It's just that the surprise is discovered by a few words of people who go to the recording, and then by taping report, instead of directly see a few weeks later on screen. (Even years if I had to follow the dvd release or tv broadcast of my country).

I remember when SIK happened, I was as excited as all of you. I said nothing to my friends who watch the show too. I expected their reaction. And? nothing.  :(
I told them "then that's it? You saw season 7? which episode have you already watch? Then nothing surprised you??

pff, luckily I could follow your reactions here, without being registered on the forum and without comment and share with you at this time, but I still felt less alone. :)
Edited by CentralPerk
  • Like 1

Unicorn/double rainbow/basket of puppies mood is awesome and i love your avatar

Yeah.. you whistling all the time, people think you're crazy, but what can you do?  :icon_cheesygrin: Thanks... mine is clearly just responding to "I may kiss you after we cut" :mosking: 

• Like 1

Awwww, congrats! the feeling is wonderful, my hubby is coming back on friday after 4 months away!!! so i'm very happy too :)

• Like 4

Well, I had my week all planned out so that it would go by super quick. However, my boss is now forcing me to use my vacation days by the end of the year so I am off the rest of the week. It's like a dictatorship "You must take a vacation, you must have fun."

Now, what I am going to do with my time all week? :p  Too bad I can't find a cute neurobiologist to spend the next three days with.

:laugh:

You could watch all Shamy episodes before the Prom episode :)

• Like 6

Well, I had my week all planned out so that it would go by super quick. However, my boss is now forcing me to use my vacation days by the end of the year so I am off the rest of the week. It's like a dictatorship "You must take a vacation, you must have fun."

Now, what I am going to do with my time all week? :p  Too bad I can't find a cute neurobiologist to spend the next three days with.

I don't think you have a handle on dictatorships

• Like 5

I don't think you have a handle on dictatorships

"It’s like I’m living in a dictatorship. You must take a vacation, you must have fun, you must enjoy life."

Sheldon quote, Maddie ;)

• Like 4