[Spoilers]Shamy S8 Thread

rachelshamyfan

I love everything about this episode! shamy and fun with flags has always been one of my favorite things. 

I love how adorable they are and the bickering over Amy forgetting to press record aha. like an old married couple already!

I even love how it SEEMS like Sheldon and Kripke are getting on (I got that impression, I may be wrong)

Sheldon seems to be maturing so much this season, despite some silly lines about Nazis anyway. The shamy front is strong :)

Edited by LittleMoth15
  • Like 6

I was so happy to watch this episode being taped. I love Fun with Flags and was super excited to see it make a come back. I got to see good Sheldon and Amy scenes in the living room set which we were sitting in front of. Mayim and Jim seemed to be having a lot of fun filming the scenes together and were constantly joking around with one another. Major props to Michy for writing the report! She puts way more effort into it than I ever would and I am super impressed with her.

The reel of best moments of Fun With Flags went by so fast, I was trying to catch everything and contain my laughter. I couldn't help think about how the tumblr gif set of them in costumes together is going to triple when the episode airs. :)

Also when Sheldon is giving his final sign off Fun With Flags speech, I'm trying to remember exactly what he says at the beginning. Part of me thinks he said "I want to personally thank my girlfriend Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler for co-hosting a flag.....". The other part of me thinks the "personally", "girlfriend", and "Dr." may not have actually been there. Whatever the line actually is, it was adorable and made me smile really big because he was thanking Amy to his audience. :)

I am four hundred percent positive he said "personally thank" and about 99 percent sure he did not say girlfriend. :laugh: I think he was trying to identify her as an accomplished woman and not as his girlfriend, so he simply used her full name. That said, I too was questioning whether or not he said Doctor before her name. I do not believe he did, but I am completely unsure on that. 

• Like 6

I am four hundred percent positive he said "personally thank" and about 99 percent sure he did not say girlfriend. :laugh: I think he was trying to identify her as an accomplished woman and not as his girlfriend, so he simply used her full name. That said, I too was questioning whether or not he said Doctor before her name. I do not believe he did, but I am completely unsure on that. 

But see I still think he said girlfriend because,  didn't Amy then go behind the camera and say something like "take that". Wouldn't she say that because he had said the word "girlfriend" and the message board viewers didn't think he had one. Regardless though, we will find out exactly what he says in about a week anyways. Who really cares anyway? lol :cool:

• Like 2

you know so many fanfics have Sheldon say things with the texas accent and phrases that a couple here & there are believable...but sometimes I am like "no....not every phrase lol"

The "Dear" is a sweet term.  Interested to see it in context. 

And yes, the banter back & fourth on the "record" button and missing that one episode is very "old married couple" comedy.  Pure adorableness...(I know its not a word...just go with it)

ITA. The occasional endearment I could see Sheldon do when they are alone or with Leonard but fanfics where they call each other "darlin", "cuddles" "sweetheart" etc every other sentence is just too weird and distracting

• Like 7

But see I still think he said girlfriend because,  didn't Amy then go behind the camera and say something like "take that". Wouldn't she say that because he had said the word "girlfriend" and the message board viewers didn't think he had one. Regardless though, we will find out exactly what he says in about a week anyways. Who really cares anyway? lol :cool:

I thought so initially too, but her "take that" was a comment about women breaking the glass ceiling, and it wasn't about the girlfriend thing. I'm almost positive he didn't say girlfriend because I remember it being very gracious that he was giving her credit as her own person, but again, I could be mis-remembering. The first time they taped it, Kazzie and I were squeezing each other's hands so hard that I kind of blocked it all out. :laugh:

• Like 7

I thought so initially too, but her "take that" was a comment about women breaking the glass ceiling, and it wasn't about the girlfriend thing. I'm almost positive he didn't say girlfriend because I remember it being very gracious that he was giving her credit as her own person, but again, I could be mis-remembering. The first time they taped it, Kazzie and I were squeezing each other's hands so hard that I kind of blocked it all out. :laugh:

I say we make a fun little bet about it. At the taping next week when they show the episode back, if he says "girlfriend", then I win and you buy me a taco. If he does not say "girlfriend", then you win and I buy you a taco. :icon_razz:

• Like 6

I say we make a fun little bet about it. At the taping next week when they show the episode back, if he says "girlfriend", then I win and you buy me a taco. If he does not say "girlfriend", then you win and I buy you a taco. :icon_razz:

Just FYI, on IG, for those who post pictures of cats (yes, I'm a crazy cat lady), Tuesday is considered "Taco Tongue Tuesday".  Just sayin'

• Like 3

I am a hundred percent okay with this plan. :laugh: And yeah that's a great point, we'll be able to pick up things from the playback next week that we missed. So everyone get your questions ready! What do you want us to look for the most? :p

• Like 2

Thank you MichyGeary !

This episode seems really FUN with flags.   :icon_cheesygrin:

Like all of you, I think it's great to see them doing fun things together and that Sheldon thanks her.

I think I'll love this episode a lot, all the lines about Amy who forgot to register have me a good laugh. :D

Oh and I am happy Kripke came back !
Edited by CentralPerk
  • Like 1

"Would it be reasonable to assume there will be some movement this season with regard to their sexual relationship? Also, are you nervous about breaking that story, knowing how much attention it will get?"
"I have no idea when that will be broached, but I have learned that if we’re sweating and scared of a scene, that’s usually a good sign to do it."

:icon_eek: 

:party:

I love the very telling way that he doesn't skirt around this question, but simply says they don't know WHEN it will be broached.  WHEN, not IF.  :biggrin:

• Like 7

Thanks Star for the link :)

TVLINE | Amy never got around to telling Sheldon that she loves him back — at least not that we saw. Will that be a bone of contention between them moving forward?

I think it’s safe to say she said it back after her panic attack subsided. Several times. Made it her Facebook status and then proceeded to tell everyone and anyone who would listen.

I laughed and then I said "no" and I laughed again.
Because this is so Amy lol 

Come on ! Why everything is happening off-screen :'(

Edited by Chrystalie
  • Like 5

I find the reason why Shelden decided to end FwF very sweet. Sheldon said that he was juggling with his career ,FwF and Amy, and chose to end this "popular internet show".Which implys that now he spends more time with Amy (doing thigs other than filming FwF) than before, and both his career and Amy are the priority of his life now.

I didn't even pick up on that!! Awww :wub:

I'm really looking forward to this episode. It's exactly the sort of thing I love to see :D

• Like 3

I loved Steve's interview! And there's so many things about it that make me happy, especially when he says he doesn't think of the characters has a checklist to tick and that there are other milestones other than sex. Amen, Steve, amen! I also get the feeling that the SIK did them an enormous amount of good as writers, because I'm sure when he talked about being scared of a scene = good time to do it, he was referring to how stressed out they were over getting the SIK right and how well that was received by the audience. I think that too often in the past, their fear to bite the bullet held them back and really stretched my ability to suspend my disbelief, so it's incredibly good if the SIK experience showed them that taking risks can be worth it and make their stories even better.

Koops is that you???!! :)

I completely missed the "dear" thing (it was in playback which means we only see it once so good luck remembering it all :laugh:) but from what I understand, it was when Amy was walking and Sheldon was trying to tell her to look out because of the purple flag. He was calling out to her to warn her, and I think he called her dear in that. But it was the whole bad-acting, in-character thing. Still cute though. :p Kazzie can probably comment on this better than I can because I was so distracted by Amy in her adorable sailor-themed dress. :laugh:

I'm sorry sailor theme dress!!! Ooh my. More excitement for this episode. Edited by notchinc
  • Like 4